New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SE535, UE 10 or Westone 3?

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 

Ok first of all I am new to Head fi so don't be too judgemental.

I've been reading a lot and after a while I picked in my opinion the top 3 IEM.

Having in mind that I listen mostly Rnb, hip hop, rap and pop and also money-wise I can afford any of above mentioned, which pair would you recommend me.

Thanks in advance guys!

post #2 of 21

Westone 3 or UM3X.

post #3 of 21

For Pop music it should probably be the Westone 3 then. 

 

I would also suggest the Monster Turbine Golds or Coppers as they work well with your genres, TOO WELL i might say! Also the venerable IE8

 

UM3x is more about hearing every instrument detail and while it might work well for all genres, it might not be maximized what youre looking for.

 

TF10 is an all rounder and is the cheapest and easiest to acquire, SE535 doesnt work well with what you mentioned imo.

post #4 of 21

Another shout for the Westone 3

A freind of mine used my SE535 for a while and has a similar taste in music and wasn't impressed.  He ended up with the IE8 which satisfied him.

post #5 of 21
If he was not impressed was probably because of the fit i have them with custom tips and are spectacular for almost every genre much better than my um3x also. Anyway in this amount of price i should check 1964 QUADS

Enviado desde mi LG-P990 usando Tapatalk
post #6 of 21

W3 +1

Or maybe Senn IE 8 although I find they lack some detail.

post #7 of 21

You should look into the MTPC, MD Tribute, or the IE8.

 

I find that the MTPC are better at hip-hop than the IE8 because the MTPC has more sub-bass and doesn't have, from what I can tell, a mid-bass hump. The MD Tributes aren't here quite yet, so I can't give you my impressions of them at this time.

 

The W3 are a very polarizing IEM, so you might want to stay away from those. I forget why, so don't ask me to elaborate >_<"

 

The UM3X is also very dark (from what I have heard from people that have had a listen) and would probably not be the best for the genres you prefer.

 

I think if you were to pick between the MTPC, MD Tribute, or the IE8, you would be very happy. Also, if you want a great isolation, for running, working out, etc., I would stay away from the IE8 because they have mediocre isolation.

post #8 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake2393 View Post

You should look into the MTPC, MD Tribute, or the IE8.

 

I find that the MTPC are better at hip-hop than the IE8 because the MTPC has more sub-bass and doesn't have, from what I can tell, a mid-bass hump. The MD Tributes aren't here quite yet, so I can't give you my impressions of them at this time.

 

The W3 are a very polarizing IEM, so you might want to stay away from those. I forget why, so don't ask me to elaborate >_<"

 

The UM3X is also very dark (from what I have heard from people that have had a listen) and would probably not be the best for the genres you prefer.

 

I think if you were to pick between the MTPC, MD Tribute, or the IE8, you would be very happy. Also, if you want a great isolation, for running, working out, etc., I would stay away from the IE8 because they have mediocre isolation.



its important to point out isolation is there its just the tips dont seal that tight, something people dont seem to realise that the plus point to this is cable noise is almost non existent, something i find is much more of a problem on tighter sealing earphones. when music is playing the isolation is more than enough with IE8 but its still very improtant to find the right fitting tips even if you use different sizes for each ear because the seal can break when you move your mouth and stuff if they are poor fitting tips.

post #9 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake2393 View Post

You should look into the MTPC, MD Tribute, or the IE8.

 

I find that the MTPC are better at hip-hop than the IE8 because the MTPC has more sub-bass and doesn't have, from what I can tell, a mid-bass hump. The MD Tributes aren't here quite yet, so I can't give you my impressions of them at this time.

 

The W3 are a very polarizing IEM, so you might want to stay away from those. I forget why, so don't ask me to elaborate >_<"

 

The UM3X is also very dark (from what I have heard from people that have had a listen) and would probably not be the best for the genres you prefer.

 

I think if you were to pick between the MTPC, MD Tribute, or the IE8, you would be very happy. Also, if you want a great isolation, for running, working out, etc., I would stay away from the IE8 because they have mediocre isolation.


You say the UM3X is too dark, so you recommend the IE8. Interesting...

I only found the UM3X to be dark when I didn't get a good seal with the foam tips. With a good seal or with silicone tips, I found it to be very neutral.

 


Edited by calipilot227 - 6/1/11 at 11:48am
post #10 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipilot227 View Post




You say the UM3X is too dark, so you recommend the IE8. Interesting...

I only found the UM3X to be dark when I didn't get a good seal with the foam tips. With a good seal or with silicone tips, I found it to be very neutral.

 

To my ears, I didn't find the IE8 dark. Maybe a little laking in clarity, but certainly not dark.

 

Like I said, I haven't heard the UM3X. I was just citing what people have said about the UM3X, so I can't really compare...
 

 

post #11 of 21

UM3x isnt dark at all, I have them on right now and they are neutral compared to Dynamic IEMs such as the MTPC. I am using the stock silicon tips btw. I will try them later with the Foam Supertips to see how they sound

 

They have punchy bass that works for all genres and they dissect the music into instruments. They work very well with complex genres like rock music, but for his genres it should be down to the W3, MTPC, MD and IE8

post #12 of 21

um3x with shure olives are very clear to my ears they have also punchy bass more than 535, and very neutral presentation...but the soundstage is smaller than 20$ in ear headphones and the presentation of the music is weird because of this...the rest of the things are great specially separation but as I said the lack of soundstage make them very special iems and they also demand high quality recordings

post #13 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurdt-bada View Post

um3x with shure olives are very clear to my ears they have also punchy bass more than 535, and very neutral presentation...but the soundstage is smaller than 20$ in ear headphones and the presentation of the music is weird because of this...the rest of the things are great specially separation but as I said the lack of soundstage make them very special iems and they also demand high quality recordings


Also interesting. I personally found that while the soundstage was narrow in width, it was extremely deep (front to back), almost more than the Triple.fi 10 (which is renowned for its soundstage).

 

For the record, I use the long (P-series) Comply tips.

 

post #14 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurdt-bada View Post

If he was not impressed was probably because of the fit i have them with custom tips and are spectacular for almost every genre much better than my um3x also. Anyway in this amount of price i should check 1964 QUADS

Enviado desde mi LG-P990 usando Tapatalk


Hi, Can you elaborate? I love the 535's I use my Westone 3's much more, as I havent really settled in on tips yet. What changed? what tips were you using prior Thanks

 

post #15 of 21

Oh and Westone 3 for that genre

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: