It burns my britches that I'm not going to be able to take advantage of the memorial day sale on the V6. Burns them!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- C5 or Gratitude? Looking for IEM around $200 Last post on 12/25/13 at 12:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 ears Last post on 7/21/12 at 3:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Very Confused. Spider realvoice E-EAPH-0001 vs E-EAPH-00A1 Last post on 7/10/12 at 5:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reshell UE10-Pro - Europe/USA Last post on 6/26/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best place for reshelling? USA? Last post on 6/16/12 at 7:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First thing you're going to notice with these cans is, of course, the bass. When properly amp'd, these things almost pop off your head. I haven't heard the JVC sz2000 or the Sony XB1000, but these...
Axgio Sprint Bluetooth Headset Disclaimer: The Axgio Sprint headset reviewed here was supplied free of charge I’ve never heard of Axgio, much less their Sprint Bluetooth headset. A quick...
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz S3. The Brainwavz S3 is available from...
I would like to thank Creative Singapore for the loan of Creative Aurvana Live 2 demo sample! http://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-live2 Launched in 2013,...
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
1964 EARS V6 Thread - Page 46
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So my question is to those who tried their demo sets for the V6, are there any differences to the SQ and soundstage compared to the customs after you got them? I know the isolation for customs will definitely beat the universal for hands down. But aside from the isolation how about everything else?
Would appreciate all feedback given
Okay, so i just called Alex regarding the differences btw the universal fitting and the customs for V6. From what i was told, the universal has slightly more treble and slightly less bass compared to the customs. Mids should be the same.
Sadly there's no recessed ports for the universals.
Would like to hear anyone else views who have tried both the demo units and the customs. Apparently the universal set is the same with the demo set.
I'm still undecided on which to choose... perfect isolation is not a priority for me, as long as it has a good seal and blocks out most noise i'll be happy. What matters most is the SQ and soundstage.
$575, not much cheaper than getting the customs, and you will have to contact them directly if you want a universal version. It's basically the same version as the demo set. That's why i wanted to know if there is any differences in the SQ and soundstage between the demo set and the custom set ;(
True, but i value the sound quality, signature and soundstage of the originally intended V6. Thats why if there is only very little difference between the demo set and the custom, I'd go for the universal.
Are you planning to get the universal version too?
Not really, not even seriously thought of 1964 though everyone seems to like their stuff. I've had hell getting customs done (three separate companys, only now getting anywhere with the help of the third, check my posts to see who to save derailing this one) that's why the mention of universals just sparked my morbid curiosity :) As way of comparison the 1964 v6 universal is about the same price as a westone 4r (give or take) in the uk!
I've tried the 4r and wasn't too impressed. More impressed with the SE535 Ltd though.
- 1964 EARS V6 Thread
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum vs Bowers & Wilkins (B&W) P7 3 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › what should i buy and what is it Audiophile 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ART Monitor Series Refreshed: A2000Z, A1000Z, A900Z,... 7 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 7 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - The Shard Event 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by Tyler Nicolo
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by shotgunshane
- › Brainwavz S3 by peter123
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by earfonia
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2