It burns my britches that I'm not going to be able to take advantage of the memorial day sale on the V6. Burns them!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- C5 or Gratitude? Looking for IEM around $200 Last post on 12/25/13 at 12:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 ears Last post on 7/21/12 at 3:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Very Confused. Spider realvoice E-EAPH-0001 vs E-EAPH-00A1 Last post on 7/10/12 at 5:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reshell UE10-Pro - Europe/USA Last post on 6/26/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best place for reshelling? USA? Last post on 6/16/12 at 7:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
1964 EARS V6 Thread - Page 46
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #677 of 9315/24/13 at 8:48pmpost #678 of 9315/24/13 at 10:36pmpost #679 of 9315/25/13 at 8:03pmpost #680 of 9315/25/13 at 8:03pmpost #681 of 9316/14/13 at 3:44amHey all. New in this forums . I'm interested in getting the V6 but I prefer a universal fit since at times I'd like to share it with others for them to appreciate high end sounds. Best part is I contacted 1964 ears and they told me that they can sell me a universal fit version!
So my question is to those who tried their demo sets for the V6, are there any differences to the SQ and soundstage compared to the customs after you got them? I know the isolation for customs will definitely beat the universal for hands down. But aside from the isolation how about everything else?
Would appreciate all feedback givenpost #682 of 9316/14/13 at 10:18am
Okay, so i just called Alex regarding the differences btw the universal fitting and the customs for V6. From what i was told, the universal has slightly more treble and slightly less bass compared to the customs. Mids should be the same.
Sadly there's no recessed ports for the universals.
Would like to hear anyone else views who have tried both the demo units and the customs. Apparently the universal set is the same with the demo set.
I'm still undecided on which to choose... perfect isolation is not a priority for me, as long as it has a good seal and blocks out most noise i'll be happy. What matters most is the SQ and soundstage.post #683 of 9316/14/13 at 11:54ampost #684 of 9316/14/13 at 12:08pmQuote:
$575, not much cheaper than getting the customs, and you will have to contact them directly if you want a universal version. It's basically the same version as the demo set. That's why i wanted to know if there is any differences in the SQ and soundstage between the demo set and the custom set ;(post #685 of 9316/14/13 at 12:32pmpost #686 of 9316/14/13 at 12:39pmQuote:
True, but i value the sound quality, signature and soundstage of the originally intended V6. Thats why if there is only very little difference between the demo set and the custom, I'd go for the universal.
Are you planning to get the universal version too?post #687 of 9316/14/13 at 1:01pmQuote:
Not really, not even seriously thought of 1964 though everyone seems to like their stuff. I've had hell getting customs done (three separate companys, only now getting anywhere with the help of the third, check my posts to see who to save derailing this one) that's why the mention of universals just sparked my morbid curiosity :) As way of comparison the 1964 v6 universal is about the same price as a westone 4r (give or take) in the uk!
Cheerspost #688 of 9316/14/13 at 9:29pmI should think the V6 trumps the Westone 4r? Would like to know how the demo set for the V6 fairs against all the top/best universals too.
I've tried the 4r and wasn't too impressed. More impressed with the SE535 Ltd though.post #689 of 9316/14/13 at 9:52pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 EARS V6 Thread
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 5 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 7 minutes ago
- › JD's Headfi Blowout: Cans, Amps, & DACs 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear