It burns my britches that I'm not going to be able to take advantage of the memorial day sale on the V6. Burns them!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- C5 or Gratitude? Looking for IEM around $200 Last post on 12/25/13 at 12:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 ears Last post on 7/21/12 at 3:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Very Confused. Spider realvoice E-EAPH-0001 vs E-EAPH-00A1 Last post on 7/10/12 at 5:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reshell UE10-Pro - Europe/USA Last post on 6/26/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best place for reshelling? USA? Last post on 6/16/12 at 7:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
Bought one of these to keep me going while I save for a replacement dac for my bedside rig. My previous Dac's have all been in the lower to mid end so this review is based on that level- Arcam,...
Details: Single balanced armature flagship universal IEMs from Final Audio Design Price: Heaven VII EU 550; Heaven VIII EU 600 Specs: Driver: Single BA | Imp: 24Ω | Sens: 106 dB | Freq: not...
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
1964 EARS V6 Thread - Page 46
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So my question is to those who tried their demo sets for the V6, are there any differences to the SQ and soundstage compared to the customs after you got them? I know the isolation for customs will definitely beat the universal for hands down. But aside from the isolation how about everything else?
Would appreciate all feedback given
Okay, so i just called Alex regarding the differences btw the universal fitting and the customs for V6. From what i was told, the universal has slightly more treble and slightly less bass compared to the customs. Mids should be the same.
Sadly there's no recessed ports for the universals.
Would like to hear anyone else views who have tried both the demo units and the customs. Apparently the universal set is the same with the demo set.
I'm still undecided on which to choose... perfect isolation is not a priority for me, as long as it has a good seal and blocks out most noise i'll be happy. What matters most is the SQ and soundstage.
$575, not much cheaper than getting the customs, and you will have to contact them directly if you want a universal version. It's basically the same version as the demo set. That's why i wanted to know if there is any differences in the SQ and soundstage between the demo set and the custom set ;(
True, but i value the sound quality, signature and soundstage of the originally intended V6. Thats why if there is only very little difference between the demo set and the custom, I'd go for the universal.
Are you planning to get the universal version too?
Not really, not even seriously thought of 1964 though everyone seems to like their stuff. I've had hell getting customs done (three separate companys, only now getting anywhere with the help of the third, check my posts to see who to save derailing this one) that's why the mention of universals just sparked my morbid curiosity :) As way of comparison the 1964 v6 universal is about the same price as a westone 4r (give or take) in the uk!
I've tried the 4r and wasn't too impressed. More impressed with the SE535 Ltd though.
- 1964 EARS V6 Thread
- › Does scratches on a CD effect sound quality besides skipping? 18 seconds ago
- › Will an amp work with an audio interface? 26 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 47 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 3 minutes ago
- › Interest Check: RSA Protector and Whiplash Twag balanced cable 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 3 minutes ago
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2