Also wouldn't hurt if you could post a couple pictures of them in your ears, just to make sure they're in right.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- C5 or Gratitude? Looking for IEM around $200 Last post on 12/25/13 at 12:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 ears Last post on 7/21/12 at 3:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Very Confused. Spider realvoice E-EAPH-0001 vs E-EAPH-00A1 Last post on 7/10/12 at 5:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reshell UE10-Pro - Europe/USA Last post on 6/26/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best place for reshelling? USA? Last post on 6/16/12 at 7:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
1964 EARS V6 Thread - Page 43post #631 of 9314/4/13 at 5:31am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #632 of 9314/4/13 at 11:58pmpost #633 of 9314/5/13 at 1:22ampost #634 of 9314/6/13 at 1:27amQuote:
Hi, I sent mine's in for a refit because the left ear was a little too big. I'll do a full write-up next week when I get them back. The V6's have incredibly accurate sound, I had a hard time pinning down emphasis in any one area. The high's are not necessarily over accentuated, they're crystal clear and very well defined. Bass is present and well-controlled when needed, but it may not be enough for people who want that extra umph.
I'm probably one of the limited number of people on this site who have owned at least 4 custom IEMs within a short span of time. The Westone ES5, Earsonics EM4, 1964 Triple (older model), and now the 1964 V-6. I need more listening time with the V6's. Right now I will say they're not equal with the ES5, or the EM4. The performance might be 80-90% of $1,000+ CIEMs.
Overall it comes down to what flavor of sound you want. The Earsonic EM4's have a beautiful midrange which I just love, and the ES5's are nearly flawless. Will get back to you after some more listening.post #635 of 9314/8/13 at 7:34amUpdate edits:
Sheesh, ups and downs like a stock market. My V6 arrived today.
But I broke the pins on an aftermarket cable while trying to replace the stock cable. Luckily, I had a pair of pliers with me.
Now back to the stock cable. Wondering whether to purchase another aftermarket CIEM cable for this V6.
Do I even deserve to be covered by warranty for the aftermarket cable?
Edited by tkteo - 4/8/13 at 6:49pmpost #636 of 9314/8/13 at 7:20pm
How long did the whole process take? I am waiting for mine and it has only been a week so far.
Why not get use to the stock cable first before deciding on a after market cable?
post #637 of 9314/8/13 at 7:26pmQuote:
4 to 5 weeks. My ear impressions were received by 1964 Ears staff in early March.
You definitely have a point there about not spending the extra money.post #638 of 9314/9/13 at 4:41ampost #639 of 9314/9/13 at 2:24pmQuote:
I've been very happy with my Starlight cables from BTG Audio. They tamed a tendency towards silibance with my V3's. Also, Brian is easy to deal with.post #640 of 9314/9/13 at 3:32pmpost #641 of 9314/9/13 at 5:07pmQuote:
argh.....looks like another 4 weeks more. Should have paid for a rush order.post #642 of 9314/9/13 at 9:12pmpost #643 of 9314/9/13 at 10:31pmpost #644 of 9314/10/13 at 11:11am
I find that rescuing an injured lion cub from the wild and then forming a caring parental relationship also does the trick. Yes it takes a little longer than your chair and whip but if something's worth doing.....Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 EARS V6 Thread
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Wireless IEM for work out under $200 10 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 29 seconds ago
- › Building my own 2.1 system. 1 minute ago
- › New Sony PHA-2A portable DAC 3 minutes ago
- › START HERE: SoCal Head-Fier Introductions! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › 1more E1001 triple driver in ear headphones review 6 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-7200 7 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 8 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear