I most certainly will when they arrive. They should be in my ears before the 10th.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- C5 or Gratitude? Looking for IEM around $200 Last post on 12/25/13 at 12:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 ears Last post on 7/21/12 at 3:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Very Confused. Spider realvoice E-EAPH-0001 vs E-EAPH-00A1 Last post on 7/10/12 at 5:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reshell UE10-Pro - Europe/USA Last post on 6/26/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best place for reshelling? USA? Last post on 6/16/12 at 7:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
1964 EARS V6 Thread - Page 30post #436 of 93112/5/12 at 5:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #437 of 93112/5/12 at 7:26pmQuote:
So does anyone know if the old Triples went on sale before the V3 came out? I'm thinking maybe the Quads will go on sale right before the V4 comes out..:-)post #438 of 93112/5/12 at 8:32pmpost #439 of 93112/5/12 at 9:28pmpost #440 of 93112/5/12 at 10:26pmQuote:
That's not true. 1964 has stated that the crossovers are not interchangeable; therefore there is a possibility of "leftover" or overstock inventory regarding the electronics. Obviously they can re-purpose the acrylic
However, if they didn't see a need to do it in the past, they probably won't start now.post #441 of 93112/7/12 at 1:52pmThread Starter
My V6 came in today. Too early for even first impressions, but I will have some thoughts later on this evening. Oh, I will say the V6 is not bass-light. It's not Quad level of deepness, but nowhere near bass-light (a good thing to my ears).post #442 of 93112/8/12 at 8:17amThread Starter
The 1964 EARS V6 is finally in my ears, and it's wonderful. Wider soundstage and more detailed than the Quad to my ears. It's a more balanced sound than the Quad, yet with plenty of bass extension, forward mids and extended highs. Those who thought the highs were a bit recessed in the 1964-Q won't find that in the V6. Yet, the highs aren't piercing harsh or hot. Great extension. I need some more extensive listening time, but right now I'm pleasantly pleased, and would have to say this is best fully balanced armature IEM I've heard. I'll get more specific soon, and I will post some photos. Oh, I should also say that this IEM loves being amped.post #443 of 93112/8/12 at 11:12amQuote:Interesting, isn't the crossover a configuration when you put together the drivers? I might be wrong though. My point is that they can use the drivers for the new IEMs, unless it's different otherwise.Originally Posted by iPhone IEM
That's not true. 1964 has stated that the crossovers are not interchangeable; therefore there is a possibility of "leftover" or overstock inventory regarding the electronics. Obviously they can re-purpose the acrylic:rolleyes:
However, if they didn't see a need to do it in the past, they probably won't start now.post #444 of 93112/8/12 at 11:43amThread Starter
My understanding is that the drivers in the V6 were specially developed for this model and are not the same that are in the older 1964 EARS products. Now whether the V6 and V3 use some of the same drivers I don't know.post #445 of 93112/8/12 at 1:20pmQuote:
I know that the 1964-T used dual Sonion 2015 drivers for lows and then a Knowles ED-29689 for highs. The V3 instead uses a vented Knowles CI for lows, a different CI variant (non-vented) for mids, and a Sonion 2389 for highs.
The 2389 is supposedly Sonion's version of the 29689 so that part is arguably interchangeable (but it may have different parameters for impedance and such). The other parts are not.
I don't know what the V6 uses though.post #446 of 93112/8/12 at 1:26pmpost #447 of 93112/8/12 at 1:48pmThread Starter
Well, I haven't heard it, but Han Bao Quan say it stacks up well against the Miracle.
Of the IEMs I've heard, I would say it has a few characteristics shared with the W4 (except the W4 is warmer, the V6 is more forward but with a wider soundstage, the V6 is quite a bit more three-dimensional with more extension on both ends of the sound spectrum). It's hard to compare it to the AS-2, for example, because the sound signature are so completely different (plus, I haven't heard the AS-2 with the new improved dynamic drivers yet).
But the W4, XBA-4, SM3 and SM2 are all handily beaten by the V6. I think the XBA-4 may have just as wide of a soundstage, but the notes aren't as heavy and as forward as the V6. But the V6's soundstage extends widely. It's like just when you think no other musician can possibly be on the stage, you hear someone in the far corner with a percussion lick or an organ growl in the far background.post #448 of 93112/10/12 at 10:16pmThread Starter
This V6 is one of the few IEMs I've heard that is making me hear my music like it's new all over again. That's how deep it's digging into details and bringing new instruments and sounds I've never heard in some of my favorite recordings before.post #449 of 93112/11/12 at 12:41pmpost #450 of 93112/11/12 at 12:45pmThread StarterQuote:
Mine will be coming after a little while longer of in-depth listening. But so far I've been quite pleased with what I'm hearing.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 EARS V6 Thread
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Band Name Game II 4 seconds ago
- › Charleston Cable Company Headphone Cables and Interconnects 32 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone upgrade conflict (HD800 --- HD800S) 2 minutes ago
- › Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016. 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Nova 3 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 3 minutes ago
- › RME ADI-2 Pro - DAC, Headamp, an a lot of more stunning features 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear