The 1964 EARS V6 is finally in my ears, and it's wonderful. Wider soundstage and more detailed than the Quad to my ears. It's a more balanced sound than the Quad, yet with plenty of bass extension, forward mids and extended highs. Those who thought the highs were a bit recessed in the 1964-Q won't find that in the V6. Yet, the highs aren't piercing harsh or hot. Great extension. I need some more extensive listening time, but right now I'm pleasantly pleased, and would have to say this is best fully balanced armature IEM I've heard. I'll get more specific soon, and I will post some photos. Oh, I should also say that this IEM loves being amped.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- C5 or Gratitude? Looking for IEM around $200 Last post on 12/25/13 at 12:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 ears Last post on 7/21/12 at 3:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Very Confused. Spider realvoice E-EAPH-0001 vs E-EAPH-00A1 Last post on 7/10/12 at 5:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reshell UE10-Pro - Europe/USA Last post on 6/26/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best place for reshelling? USA? Last post on 6/16/12 at 7:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
1964 EARS V6 Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Great news. Another custom in the works. There is so many choices now that it's kind of hard to find the right one. Well, sometimes, the price dictates the purchase, so hopefully it would be sold competitively.
I was wondering the same thing.. and I haven't even got my QUADS yet... LOL. The way they're tuning the 6-driver to a more audiophile-friendly sound makes the new phone downright irresistible to me.
In other news, my wallet just had an aortic aneurysm
My wallet just cursed me out for starting this thread @ FlySweep, so I understand. By the way, did you ever order the FA-011?
Great news @ Kunlun!! I've been waiting to hear when that might be happening. Soon so it sounds from your post? I can't wait!! Actually the 1964-Q is back with 1964 EARS because I had a pin break and a little glitch (no fault of theirs). So hopefully I'll get the EX1000 and my 1964-Q back at the same time. What did you think of the Sony @ Kunlun?
It sounds interesting indeed. However unless it's at a real good price I don't think I need 3 customs. As a mater of fact I haven't had much interest in my portable rig recently but I do look forward to when this comes out.
I would speculate, however, that the six-driver custom would be compatible to other six-driver customs on the market already, but again, that's just my speculation. It's nothing that I've been told one way or another. Hopefully the good people at 1964 EARS will come aboard somewhere down the line and provide more details (I hope on this thread). I know they are watching.
- 1964 EARS V6 Thread
- › V-Moda M100 Broken Wing Plate 2 seconds ago
- › Best desktop speakers that have XLR ins? 8 seconds ago
- › LMUE Alpha & Delta AD01 U.S. & Canada Review Tour 9 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 3 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 3 minutes ago
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2