The 1964 EARS V6 is finally in my ears, and it's wonderful. Wider soundstage and more detailed than the Quad to my ears. It's a more balanced sound than the Quad, yet with plenty of bass extension, forward mids and extended highs. Those who thought the highs were a bit recessed in the 1964-Q won't find that in the V6. Yet, the highs aren't piercing harsh or hot. Great extension. I need some more extensive listening time, but right now I'm pleasantly pleased, and would have to say this is best fully balanced armature IEM I've heard. I'll get more specific soon, and I will post some photos. Oh, I should also say that this IEM loves being amped.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- C5 or Gratitude? Looking for IEM around $200 Last post on 12/25/13 at 12:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 ears Last post on 7/21/12 at 3:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Very Confused. Spider realvoice E-EAPH-0001 vs E-EAPH-00A1 Last post on 7/10/12 at 5:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reshell UE10-Pro - Europe/USA Last post on 6/26/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best place for reshelling? USA? Last post on 6/16/12 at 7:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
1964 EARS V6 Threadpost #1 of 9315/30/11 at 9:54pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 9315/30/11 at 10:15pmpost #3 of 9315/30/11 at 10:32pmpost #4 of 9315/31/11 at 1:49am
Great news. Another custom in the works. There is so many choices now that it's kind of hard to find the right one. Well, sometimes, the price dictates the purchase, so hopefully it would be sold competitively.post #5 of 9315/31/11 at 2:40ampost #6 of 9315/31/11 at 2:52am
I was wondering the same thing.. and I haven't even got my QUADS yet... LOL. The way they're tuning the 6-driver to a more audiophile-friendly sound makes the new phone downright irresistible to me.
In other news, my wallet just had an aortic aneurysmpost #7 of 9315/31/11 at 7:33amThread StarterQuote:
My wallet just cursed me out for starting this thread @ FlySweep, so I understand. By the way, did you ever order the FA-011?post #8 of 9315/31/11 at 7:34amThread Starterpost #9 of 9315/31/11 at 7:51ampost #10 of 9315/31/11 at 8:15amThread StarterQuote:
Great news @ Kunlun!! I've been waiting to hear when that might be happening. Soon so it sounds from your post? I can't wait!! Actually the 1964-Q is back with 1964 EARS because I had a pin break and a little glitch (no fault of theirs). So hopefully I'll get the EX1000 and my 1964-Q back at the same time. What did you think of the Sony @ Kunlun?post #11 of 9315/31/11 at 9:56am
It sounds interesting indeed. However unless it's at a real good price I don't think I need 3 customs. As a mater of fact I haven't had much interest in my portable rig recently but I do look forward to when this comes out.post #12 of 9315/31/11 at 10:03ampost #13 of 9315/31/11 at 10:14amThread Starterpost #14 of 9315/31/11 at 10:17amThread Starter
I would speculate, however, that the six-driver custom would be compatible to other six-driver customs on the market already, but again, that's just my speculation. It's nothing that I've been told one way or another. Hopefully the good people at 1964 EARS will come aboard somewhere down the line and provide more details (I hope on this thread). I know they are watching.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 EARS V6 Thread
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Home-Made IEMs 3 seconds ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 5 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 47 seconds ago
- › JDS The Element Amp + Dac - UK Plug 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 3 minutes ago
- › Can someone give me incontrovertible, empirical evidence that "burn... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear