The 1964 EARS V6 is finally in my ears, and it's wonderful. Wider soundstage and more detailed than the Quad to my ears. It's a more balanced sound than the Quad, yet with plenty of bass extension, forward mids and extended highs. Those who thought the highs were a bit recessed in the 1964-Q won't find that in the V6. Yet, the highs aren't piercing harsh or hot. Great extension. I need some more extensive listening time, but right now I'm pleasantly pleased, and would have to say this is best fully balanced armature IEM I've heard. I'll get more specific soon, and I will post some photos. Oh, I should also say that this IEM loves being amped.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- C5 or Gratitude? Looking for IEM around $200 Last post on 12/25/13 at 12:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 ears Last post on 7/21/12 at 3:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Very Confused. Spider realvoice E-EAPH-0001 vs E-EAPH-00A1 Last post on 7/10/12 at 5:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reshell UE10-Pro - Europe/USA Last post on 6/26/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best place for reshelling? USA? Last post on 6/16/12 at 7:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
In side the box besides the headphones of course, is the 3.5m cable which allows you to plug them into wired with any source, then the USB charge cable, which is...
Introduction/Disclaimer: I would like to thank Denise with Mixcder for the opportunity to review the X5 in ear monitor headphones. They provided me a free sample in exchange for my honest...
First thing you think of when you see this is, can this really project sound in 360 degrees, When you look at it, you wouldn't think it could. But yes it does, Sound is projected from...
Acknowledgment Thank you Lear for providing this review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. This review may also be viewed on my blog, here. List Price: $65 at time of review plus...
Xiaomi have always been ahead of it's time in budget high quality earphones and smarthphone, their goal look like to make accessible for the mass products that was only accessible for wealthy...
1964 EARS V6 Threadpost #1 of 9315/30/11 at 9:54pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 9315/30/11 at 10:15pmpost #3 of 9315/30/11 at 10:32pmpost #4 of 9315/31/11 at 1:49am
Great news. Another custom in the works. There is so many choices now that it's kind of hard to find the right one. Well, sometimes, the price dictates the purchase, so hopefully it would be sold competitively.post #5 of 9315/31/11 at 2:40ampost #6 of 9315/31/11 at 2:52am
I was wondering the same thing.. and I haven't even got my QUADS yet... LOL. The way they're tuning the 6-driver to a more audiophile-friendly sound makes the new phone downright irresistible to me.
In other news, my wallet just had an aortic aneurysmpost #7 of 9315/31/11 at 7:33amThread StarterQuote:
My wallet just cursed me out for starting this thread @ FlySweep, so I understand. By the way, did you ever order the FA-011?post #8 of 9315/31/11 at 7:34amThread Starterpost #9 of 9315/31/11 at 7:51ampost #10 of 9315/31/11 at 8:15amThread StarterQuote:
Great news @ Kunlun!! I've been waiting to hear when that might be happening. Soon so it sounds from your post? I can't wait!! Actually the 1964-Q is back with 1964 EARS because I had a pin break and a little glitch (no fault of theirs). So hopefully I'll get the EX1000 and my 1964-Q back at the same time. What did you think of the Sony @ Kunlun?post #11 of 9315/31/11 at 9:56am
It sounds interesting indeed. However unless it's at a real good price I don't think I need 3 customs. As a mater of fact I haven't had much interest in my portable rig recently but I do look forward to when this comes out.post #12 of 9315/31/11 at 10:03ampost #13 of 9315/31/11 at 10:14amThread Starterpost #14 of 9315/31/11 at 10:17amThread Starter
I would speculate, however, that the six-driver custom would be compatible to other six-driver customs on the market already, but again, that's just my speculation. It's nothing that I've been told one way or another. Hopefully the good people at 1964 EARS will come aboard somewhere down the line and provide more details (I hope on this thread). I know they are watching.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 EARS V6 Thread
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Standalone DAP or iPhone 6 with DAC/amp? 52 seconds ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 54 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 1 minute ago
- › iFi Audio iGalvanic3.0 - The Holy Grail of Audio 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Archeer AH07 Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Over Ear... by genclaymore
- › Wired Earphones, Mixcder X5 In-Ear Earbud Headphones Metal Housing... by slowpickr
- › ARCHEER Bluetooth Speakers Fabric Covering Portable Wireless... by genclaymore
- › LEAR BTC-01 by glassmonkey
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Pro HD by Nymphonomaniac
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Delance26
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Layman1
- › Fischer Audio Omega Spark by B9Scrambler
- › Meze 99 Neo by ryanjsoo
- › Beat Audio Signal by mrazik
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear