It burns my britches that I'm not going to be able to take advantage of the memorial day sale on the V6. Burns them!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- C5 or Gratitude? Looking for IEM around $200 Last post on 9/26/12 at 4:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 ears Last post on 7/21/12 at 3:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Very Confused. Spider realvoice E-EAPH-0001 vs E-EAPH-00A1 Last post on 7/10/12 at 5:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reshell UE10-Pro - Europe/USA Last post on 6/26/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best place for reshelling? USA? Last post on 6/16/12 at 7:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 5/29/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread - Page 46
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #677 of 8485/24/13 at 8:48pmpost #678 of 8485/24/13 at 10:36pmpost #679 of 8485/25/13 at 8:03pmpost #680 of 8485/25/13 at 8:03pmpost #681 of 8486/14/13 at 3:44amHey all. New in this forums . I'm interested in getting the V6 but I prefer a universal fit since at times I'd like to share it with others for them to appreciate high end sounds. Best part is I contacted 1964 ears and they told me that they can sell me a universal fit version!
So my question is to those who tried their demo sets for the V6, are there any differences to the SQ and soundstage compared to the customs after you got them? I know the isolation for customs will definitely beat the universal for hands down. But aside from the isolation how about everything else?
Would appreciate all feedback givenpost #682 of 8486/14/13 at 10:18am
Okay, so i just called Alex regarding the differences btw the universal fitting and the customs for V6. From what i was told, the universal has slightly more treble and slightly less bass compared to the customs. Mids should be the same.
Sadly there's no recessed ports for the universals.
Would like to hear anyone else views who have tried both the demo units and the customs. Apparently the universal set is the same with the demo set.
I'm still undecided on which to choose... perfect isolation is not a priority for me, as long as it has a good seal and blocks out most noise i'll be happy. What matters most is the SQ and soundstage.post #683 of 8486/14/13 at 11:54ampost #684 of 8486/14/13 at 12:08pmQuote:
$575, not much cheaper than getting the customs, and you will have to contact them directly if you want a universal version. It's basically the same version as the demo set. That's why i wanted to know if there is any differences in the SQ and soundstage between the demo set and the custom set ;(post #685 of 8486/14/13 at 12:32pmpost #686 of 8486/14/13 at 12:39pmQuote:
True, but i value the sound quality, signature and soundstage of the originally intended V6. Thats why if there is only very little difference between the demo set and the custom, I'd go for the universal.
Are you planning to get the universal version too?post #687 of 8486/14/13 at 1:01pmQuote:
Not really, not even seriously thought of 1964 though everyone seems to like their stuff. I've had hell getting customs done (three separate companys, only now getting anywhere with the help of the third, check my posts to see who to save derailing this one) that's why the mention of universals just sparked my morbid curiosity :) As way of comparison the 1964 v6 universal is about the same price as a westone 4r (give or take) in the uk!
Cheerspost #688 of 8486/14/13 at 9:29pmI should think the V6 trumps the Westone 4r? Would like to know how the demo set for the V6 fairs against all the top/best universals too.
I've tried the 4r and wasn't too impressed. More impressed with the SE535 Ltd though.post #689 of 8486/14/13 at 9:52pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › AKG new headphone K545? 25 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 33 seconds ago
- › 2012 Best DAC & AMP for Sennheiser HD650 35 seconds ago
- › Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Appreciation & Impressions Thread 47 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 49 seconds ago
- › Newbie from Calgary 53 seconds ago
- › can fiio e17 drive alpha dogs good enough? 1 minute ago
- › IC: Whiplash Audio Audeze LCD-2 8' balanced headphone cable 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi