Also wouldn't hurt if you could post a couple pictures of them in your ears, just to make sure they're in right.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- C5 or Gratitude? Looking for IEM around $200 Last post on 12/25/13 at 12:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 ears Last post on 7/21/12 at 3:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Very Confused. Spider realvoice E-EAPH-0001 vs E-EAPH-00A1 Last post on 7/10/12 at 5:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reshell UE10-Pro - Europe/USA Last post on 6/26/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best place for reshelling? USA? Last post on 6/16/12 at 7:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
So I want to start off by stating that is this is my first real review of any headphone on this website. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of you imagination! I will try to best explain what my...
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread - Page 43post #631 of 9074/4/13 at 5:31am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #632 of 9074/4/13 at 11:58pmpost #633 of 9074/5/13 at 1:22ampost #634 of 9074/6/13 at 1:27amQuote:
Hi, I sent mine's in for a refit because the left ear was a little too big. I'll do a full write-up next week when I get them back. The V6's have incredibly accurate sound, I had a hard time pinning down emphasis in any one area. The high's are not necessarily over accentuated, they're crystal clear and very well defined. Bass is present and well-controlled when needed, but it may not be enough for people who want that extra umph.
I'm probably one of the limited number of people on this site who have owned at least 4 custom IEMs within a short span of time. The Westone ES5, Earsonics EM4, 1964 Triple (older model), and now the 1964 V-6. I need more listening time with the V6's. Right now I will say they're not equal with the ES5, or the EM4. The performance might be 80-90% of $1,000+ CIEMs.
Overall it comes down to what flavor of sound you want. The Earsonic EM4's have a beautiful midrange which I just love, and the ES5's are nearly flawless. Will get back to you after some more listening.post #635 of 9074/8/13 at 7:34amUpdate edits:
Sheesh, ups and downs like a stock market. My V6 arrived today.
But I broke the pins on an aftermarket cable while trying to replace the stock cable. Luckily, I had a pair of pliers with me.
Now back to the stock cable. Wondering whether to purchase another aftermarket CIEM cable for this V6.
Do I even deserve to be covered by warranty for the aftermarket cable?
Edited by tkteo - 4/8/13 at 6:49pmpost #636 of 9074/8/13 at 7:20pm
How long did the whole process take? I am waiting for mine and it has only been a week so far.
Why not get use to the stock cable first before deciding on a after market cable?
post #637 of 9074/8/13 at 7:26pmQuote:
4 to 5 weeks. My ear impressions were received by 1964 Ears staff in early March.
You definitely have a point there about not spending the extra money.post #638 of 9074/9/13 at 4:41ampost #639 of 9074/9/13 at 2:24pmQuote:
I've been very happy with my Starlight cables from BTG Audio. They tamed a tendency towards silibance with my V3's. Also, Brian is easy to deal with.post #640 of 9074/9/13 at 3:32pmpost #641 of 9074/9/13 at 5:07pmQuote:
argh.....looks like another 4 weeks more. Should have paid for a rush order.post #642 of 9074/9/13 at 9:12pmpost #643 of 9074/9/13 at 10:31pmpost #644 of 9074/10/13 at 11:11am
I find that rescuing an injured lion cub from the wild and then forming a caring parental relationship also does the trick. Yes it takes a little longer than your chair and whip but if something's worth doing.....Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Recommendations for sennheiser hd800 setup 21 seconds ago
- › Post pics of your builds.... 2 minutes ago
- › cigarette-fi 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-2 Planar Magnetic Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Tidal lossless listening test, what's going on here? 6 minutes ago
- › Noble 4 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 8 minutes ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 9 minutes ago
- › Great Rock Albums! 10 minutes ago
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › Caution Warnings When Purchasing Used...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3