Also wouldn't hurt if you could post a couple pictures of them in your ears, just to make sure they're in right.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- C5 or Gratitude? Looking for IEM around $200 Last post on 12/25/13 at 12:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 ears Last post on 7/21/12 at 3:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Very Confused. Spider realvoice E-EAPH-0001 vs E-EAPH-00A1 Last post on 7/10/12 at 5:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reshell UE10-Pro - Europe/USA Last post on 6/26/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best place for reshelling? USA? Last post on 6/16/12 at 7:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread - Page 43post #631 of 9074/4/13 at 5:31am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #632 of 9074/4/13 at 11:58pmpost #633 of 9074/5/13 at 1:22ampost #634 of 9074/6/13 at 1:27amQuote:
Hi, I sent mine's in for a refit because the left ear was a little too big. I'll do a full write-up next week when I get them back. The V6's have incredibly accurate sound, I had a hard time pinning down emphasis in any one area. The high's are not necessarily over accentuated, they're crystal clear and very well defined. Bass is present and well-controlled when needed, but it may not be enough for people who want that extra umph.
I'm probably one of the limited number of people on this site who have owned at least 4 custom IEMs within a short span of time. The Westone ES5, Earsonics EM4, 1964 Triple (older model), and now the 1964 V-6. I need more listening time with the V6's. Right now I will say they're not equal with the ES5, or the EM4. The performance might be 80-90% of $1,000+ CIEMs.
Overall it comes down to what flavor of sound you want. The Earsonic EM4's have a beautiful midrange which I just love, and the ES5's are nearly flawless. Will get back to you after some more listening.post #635 of 9074/8/13 at 7:34amUpdate edits:
Sheesh, ups and downs like a stock market. My V6 arrived today.
But I broke the pins on an aftermarket cable while trying to replace the stock cable. Luckily, I had a pair of pliers with me.
Now back to the stock cable. Wondering whether to purchase another aftermarket CIEM cable for this V6.
Do I even deserve to be covered by warranty for the aftermarket cable?
Edited by tkteo - 4/8/13 at 6:49pmpost #636 of 9074/8/13 at 7:20pm
How long did the whole process take? I am waiting for mine and it has only been a week so far.
Why not get use to the stock cable first before deciding on a after market cable?
post #637 of 9074/8/13 at 7:26pmQuote:
4 to 5 weeks. My ear impressions were received by 1964 Ears staff in early March.
You definitely have a point there about not spending the extra money.post #638 of 9074/9/13 at 4:41ampost #639 of 9074/9/13 at 2:24pmQuote:
I've been very happy with my Starlight cables from BTG Audio. They tamed a tendency towards silibance with my V3's. Also, Brian is easy to deal with.post #640 of 9074/9/13 at 3:32pmpost #641 of 9074/9/13 at 5:07pmQuote:
argh.....looks like another 4 weeks more. Should have paid for a rush order.post #642 of 9074/9/13 at 9:12pmpost #643 of 9074/9/13 at 10:31pmpost #644 of 9074/10/13 at 11:11am
I find that rescuing an injured lion cub from the wild and then forming a caring parental relationship also does the trick. Yes it takes a little longer than your chair and whip but if something's worth doing.....Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 38 seconds ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 43 seconds ago
- › Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Grado wood makers & sellers thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-W5000 headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › I am looking for upper class gaming Headphones? Which one? I posted... 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)