Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › 1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread - Page 37

post #541 of 907
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuceka View Post

I've tried both BTG Sunrise and Chris_Himself silver plated copper. The latter is made better and sounds better. The former began oxidizing even after several months of use. 

 

 

Well, the cable I and the other head-fier are talking about hasn't been out for several months. It's only been out since January (the BTG Starlight silver plated copper). So time will tell.

 

Chris_Himself and I resolved our disconnect. I'm very pleased with the BTG Starlight cable, but I will be giving Chris_Himself's products a try in the near future too. Thanks for reaching out Chris. beerchug.gif


Edited by ericp10 - 2/20/13 at 8:34am
post #542 of 907
I got ear impressions done for my pending V6 order today. Can't wait to send it to 1964 Ears on Monday. I purchased a like-brand-new double helix cables cryo treated occ copper cable, from a fellow head-fier. Woo!
post #543 of 907
Sorry for the double post [edit]
Edited by tkteo - 2/16/13 at 4:04am
post #544 of 907

I have with me Whiplash Audio TWag V3's, ALO SXC IEM Cables and tried the V6 with the stock cables and I must say that the stock cables sound best with the V6 as I believe the V6 was tuned with the Stock Cables. 

post #545 of 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuachew View Post

I have with me Whiplash Audio TWag V3's, ALO SXC IEM Cables and tried the V6 with the stock cables and I must say that the stock cables sound best with the V6 as I believe the V6 was tuned with the Stock Cables. 

That's a very "interesting" logic. 

post #546 of 907

That's a very "condescending" comment.

post #547 of 907

It was because I saw this picture here; hence the inference.

 

 

And I do find that the V6 does sound best on the stock cables. The aftermarkets opens up the sound but does mess it out somewhat and staging and imaging is all over the place. 

But I sepak of course with the cables that I have used and have stated above: The Whiplash Twag V3, ALO SXC, and Hippo Silver Braid V2. 

post #548 of 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoxy View Post

That's a very "condescending" comment.

Didn't mean to be condescending, just finding it odd a bit.

 

Of course a company will tune their customs with the stock cable. If they used piccolino that would be their stock but then the cost would be close to two grands. But everything else would be aftermarket, including the one that ships out as the stock cable. It's a non-sequitur to say that aftermarket cables mess things up because the phones had not been tuned with them in the first place. This goes for other aftermarket products for other things as well. 

 

Let me share with you an interesting anecdote. I gave my Quads to a friend of mine for him to have them reshelled. When he got his, he immediately called me and before putting them on I asked him to close his eyes and listen to them with two different cables. One was the stock cable and the other one was my Chris_Himself silver cable. I swapped the cables without letting him see it. Both times he concluded that it was the aftermarket cable that was much better. 

 

I did the exact same test with another friend of mine who got a pair of Heir 8A and he said the same thing. And it mirrors my experience too. I don't intend to start a whole cable debate here but stock cable is not the best option for the V6 IMHO. 

post #549 of 907
Thread Starter 

Well, I recently asked Vitaliy about non-stock cables (especially silver-plated ones). He said he hasn't done much testing with those cables, so he wanted to reserve his comment at that moment. But he said the thoughts about these after-market cables are "very subjective." I'm not ready to say that custom cables are better than stock cables. I just know I enjoy aspects of the V6's sound using the stock cable, and I enjoy aspects of the sound using the BTG cable.


Edited by ericp10 - 2/17/13 at 3:08pm
post #550 of 907

Most of my desire for after market cables is for more aesthetic purposes than sound quality purposes to be honest. 

post #551 of 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

Most of my desire for after market cables is for more aesthetic purposes than sound quality purposes to be honest. 

Hopefully i won't have an issue with stock cables breaking too soon, although i do treat my gear pretty violently.
post #552 of 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post


Hopefully i won't have an issue with stock cables breaking too soon, although i do treat my gear pretty violently.

 

The stock cables are pretty rugged, but anyway if they do wear out or breakdown, they;re not that expensive and could be gotten easily. 

post #553 of 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuachew View Post

 

The stock cables are pretty rugged, but anyway if they do wear out or breakdown, they;re not that expensive and could be gotten easily. 

 

I'm pretty sure eve actually purchased c4's :P.

post #554 of 907
Well good to see more V6 owners.

For those who have recently placed your ordered or will place your order, I suggest go for the black cable. The stock silver cable, mine at least, gets oxidized and part of the cable from the IEMs to the split turns green, not a problem to me but some of you might not want that.
post #555 of 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Bao Quan View Post

Well good to see more V6 owners.

For those who have recently placed your ordered or will place your order, I suggest go for the black cable. The stock silver cable, mine at least, gets oxidized and part of the cable from the IEMs to the split turns green, not a problem to me but some of you might not want that.

 

This is good advice for all custom IEMs actually. The "Westone style" cables in clear or silver or whatever we want to call it... looks very nice but turns green no matter what. Light use and great care may cause it to last longer, but eventually ever cable of mine turns green to some degree. It's inevitable. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › 1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread