I most certainly will when they arrive. They should be in my ears before the 10th.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- C5 or Gratitude? Looking for IEM around $200 Last post on 9/26/12 at 4:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 ears Last post on 7/21/12 at 3:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Very Confused. Spider realvoice E-EAPH-0001 vs E-EAPH-00A1 Last post on 7/10/12 at 5:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reshell UE10-Pro - Europe/USA Last post on 6/26/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best place for reshelling? USA? Last post on 6/16/12 at 7:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 5/29/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread - Page 30post #436 of 84812/5/12 at 5:43pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #437 of 84812/5/12 at 7:26pmQuote:
So does anyone know if the old Triples went on sale before the V3 came out? I'm thinking maybe the Quads will go on sale right before the V4 comes out..:-)post #438 of 84812/5/12 at 8:32pmpost #439 of 84812/5/12 at 9:28pmpost #440 of 84812/5/12 at 10:26pmQuote:
That's not true. 1964 has stated that the crossovers are not interchangeable; therefore there is a possibility of "leftover" or overstock inventory regarding the electronics. Obviously they can re-purpose the acrylic
However, if they didn't see a need to do it in the past, they probably won't start now.post #441 of 84812/7/12 at 1:52pmThread Starter
My V6 came in today. Too early for even first impressions, but I will have some thoughts later on this evening. Oh, I will say the V6 is not bass-light. It's not Quad level of deepness, but nowhere near bass-light (a good thing to my ears).post #442 of 84812/8/12 at 8:17amThread Starter
The 1964 EARS V6 is finally in my ears, and it's wonderful. Wider soundstage and more detailed than the Quad to my ears. It's a more balanced sound than the Quad, yet with plenty of bass extension, forward mids and extended highs. Those who thought the highs were a bit recessed in the 1964-Q won't find that in the V6. Yet, the highs aren't piercing harsh or hot. Great extension. I need some more extensive listening time, but right now I'm pleasantly pleased, and would have to say this is best fully balanced armature IEM I've heard. I'll get more specific soon, and I will post some photos. Oh, I should also say that this IEM loves being amped.post #443 of 84812/8/12 at 11:12amQuote:Interesting, isn't the crossover a configuration when you put together the drivers? I might be wrong though. My point is that they can use the drivers for the new IEMs, unless it's different otherwise.Originally Posted by iPhone IEM
That's not true. 1964 has stated that the crossovers are not interchangeable; therefore there is a possibility of "leftover" or overstock inventory regarding the electronics. Obviously they can re-purpose the acrylic:rolleyes:
However, if they didn't see a need to do it in the past, they probably won't start now.post #444 of 84812/8/12 at 11:43amThread Starter
My understanding is that the drivers in the V6 were specially developed for this model and are not the same that are in the older 1964 EARS products. Now whether the V6 and V3 use some of the same drivers I don't know.post #445 of 84812/8/12 at 1:20pmQuote:
I know that the 1964-T used dual Sonion 2015 drivers for lows and then a Knowles ED-29689 for highs. The V3 instead uses a vented Knowles CI for lows, a different CI variant (non-vented) for mids, and a Sonion 2389 for highs.
The 2389 is supposedly Sonion's version of the 29689 so that part is arguably interchangeable (but it may have different parameters for impedance and such). The other parts are not.
I don't know what the V6 uses though.post #446 of 84812/8/12 at 1:26pmpost #447 of 84812/8/12 at 1:48pmThread Starter
Well, I haven't heard it, but Han Bao Quan say it stacks up well against the Miracle.
Of the IEMs I've heard, I would say it has a few characteristics shared with the W4 (except the W4 is warmer, the V6 is more forward but with a wider soundstage, the V6 is quite a bit more three-dimensional with more extension on both ends of the sound spectrum). It's hard to compare it to the AS-2, for example, because the sound signature are so completely different (plus, I haven't heard the AS-2 with the new improved dynamic drivers yet).
But the W4, XBA-4, SM3 and SM2 are all handily beaten by the V6. I think the XBA-4 may have just as wide of a soundstage, but the notes aren't as heavy and as forward as the V6. But the V6's soundstage extends widely. It's like just when you think no other musician can possibly be on the stage, you hear someone in the far corner with a percussion lick or an organ growl in the far background.post #448 of 84812/10/12 at 10:16pmThread Starter
This V6 is one of the few IEMs I've heard that is making me hear my music like it's new all over again. That's how deep it's digging into details and bringing new instruments and sounds I've never heard in some of my favorite recordings before.post #449 of 84812/11/12 at 12:41pmpost #450 of 84812/11/12 at 12:45pmThread StarterQuote:
Mine will be coming after a little while longer of in-depth listening. But so far I've been quite pleased with what I'm hearing.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 5 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 7 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Hiss when playing 24 bit files through computer and headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › V Moda Crossfade M100, Mad dog. alpha dog or hifiman he-400 for... 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › HeadAmp.com - Black Friday and current headphone deals! (HiFiMAN... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi USB DAC 3 minutes ago
- › HELP with the T90 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi