I most certainly will when they arrive. They should be in my ears before the 10th.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- C5 or Gratitude? Looking for IEM around $200 Last post on 9/26/12 at 4:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 ears Last post on 7/21/12 at 3:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Very Confused. Spider realvoice E-EAPH-0001 vs E-EAPH-00A1 Last post on 7/10/12 at 5:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reshell UE10-Pro - Europe/USA Last post on 6/26/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best place for reshelling? USA? Last post on 6/16/12 at 7:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationEdited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
Disclaimer- This review has been written based on past 2 year’s observations. I am not a part of the audio industry or trade and I represent no one but myself, and this review is written...
Introduction The easiest way to explain the Sennheiser CX-150's is that they do what you can reasonably expect. You can't really expect much from a pair of sub-50 dollar IEM's, and frankly, I...
Who/what? I'd like to thank Rhapsodio for sending the 2v1 our way for a tour, along with the Shozy amp. Australia isn't exactly a hot electronics place First off - Rhapsodio is a young IEM...
The below review is a summary of a full comparison of the AD1000X to the AD900X and Sony MA900 found...
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread - Page 30post #436 of 67212/5/12 at 5:43pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
post #437 of 67212/5/12 at 7:26pmQuote:
- Pros:“Fantastic bass in every meaning of the word; mids are still forward and not killed by the bass; build quality is A++; fit for me was great”“very airy sound, isolation, decent bass,portability, design, built quality”
- Pros:“Good bass, sound stage, durable, 3 year warranty, lots of accessories, easy identification of R and L channel, tangle-free cord, isolation.”“Sound quality & 'all around' sound signature.”
So does anyone know if the old Triples went on sale before the V3 came out? I'm thinking maybe the Quads will go on sale right before the V4 comes out..:-)post #438 of 67212/5/12 at 8:32pmpost #439 of 67212/5/12 at 9:28pmpost #440 of 67212/5/12 at 10:26pmQuote:
That's not true. 1964 has stated that the crossovers are not interchangeable; therefore there is a possibility of "leftover" or overstock inventory regarding the electronics. Obviously they can re-purpose the acrylic
However, if they didn't see a need to do it in the past, they probably won't start now.post #441 of 67212/7/12 at 1:52pmThread Starter
My V6 came in today. Too early for even first impressions, but I will have some thoughts later on this evening. Oh, I will say the V6 is not bass-light. It's not Quad level of deepness, but nowhere near bass-light (a good thing to my ears).post #442 of 67212/8/12 at 8:17amThread Starter
The 1964 EARS V6 is finally in my ears, and it's wonderful. Wider soundstage and more detailed than the Quad to my ears. It's a more balanced sound than the Quad, yet with plenty of bass extension, forward mids and extended highs. Those who thought the highs were a bit recessed in the 1964-Q won't find that in the V6. Yet, the highs aren't piercing harsh or hot. Great extension. I need some more extensive listening time, but right now I'm pleasantly pleased, and would have to say this is best fully balanced armature IEM I've heard. I'll get more specific soon, and I will post some photos. Oh, I should also say that this IEM loves being amped.post #443 of 67212/8/12 at 11:12amQuote:Interesting, isn't the crossover a configuration when you put together the drivers? I might be wrong though. My point is that they can use the drivers for the new IEMs, unless it's different otherwise.Originally Posted by iPhone IEM
That's not true. 1964 has stated that the crossovers are not interchangeable; therefore there is a possibility of "leftover" or overstock inventory regarding the electronics. Obviously they can re-purpose the acrylic:rolleyes:
However, if they didn't see a need to do it in the past, they probably won't start now.post #444 of 67212/8/12 at 11:43amThread Starter
My understanding is that the drivers in the V6 were specially developed for this model and are not the same that are in the older 1964 EARS products. Now whether the V6 and V3 use some of the same drivers I don't know.post #445 of 67212/8/12 at 1:20pmQuote:
I know that the 1964-T used dual Sonion 2015 drivers for lows and then a Knowles ED-29689 for highs. The V3 instead uses a vented Knowles CI for lows, a different CI variant (non-vented) for mids, and a Sonion 2389 for highs.
The 2389 is supposedly Sonion's version of the 29689 so that part is arguably interchangeable (but it may have different parameters for impedance and such). The other parts are not.
I don't know what the V6 uses though.post #446 of 67212/8/12 at 1:26pmpost #447 of 67212/8/12 at 1:48pmThread Starter
Well, I haven't heard it, but Han Bao Quan say it stacks up well against the Miracle.
Of the IEMs I've heard, I would say it has a few characteristics shared with the W4 (except the W4 is warmer, the V6 is more forward but with a wider soundstage, the V6 is quite a bit more three-dimensional with more extension on both ends of the sound spectrum). It's hard to compare it to the AS-2, for example, because the sound signature are so completely different (plus, I haven't heard the AS-2 with the new improved dynamic drivers yet).
But the W4, XBA-4, SM3 and SM2 are all handily beaten by the V6. I think the XBA-4 may have just as wide of a soundstage, but the notes aren't as heavy and as forward as the V6. But the V6's soundstage extends widely. It's like just when you think no other musician can possibly be on the stage, you hear someone in the far corner with a percussion lick or an organ growl in the far background.post #448 of 67212/10/12 at 10:16pmThread Starter
This V6 is one of the few IEMs I've heard that is making me hear my music like it's new all over again. That's how deep it's digging into details and bringing new instruments and sounds I've never heard in some of my favorite recordings before.post #449 of 67212/11/12 at 12:41pmpost #450 of 67212/11/12 at 12:45pmThread StarterQuote:
Mine will be coming after a little while longer of in-depth listening. But so far I've been quite pleased with what I'm hearing.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“large soundstage; engaging sound; price”“Good looking build, Better overall sound stage, Great bang for the buck ”
- Pros:“small, lightweight, great sound, incredible low price”“Fun, fun, fun. Ideal for jogging/bicycling, brilliant highs and more detail thn you could reasonably ask for for at the pricepoint. Did I mention fun?”
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite 18 seconds ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S - Any Reviews Yet? 31 seconds ago
- › Heir Audio 4.Ai (Canada) 42 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 2 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Hifi Dj headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 3 minutes ago
- › Looking to upgrade from AKG K702 3 minutes ago
- › Auditioned HD650 and LCD-2 3 minutes ago
- › Left Phono quiet 3 minutes ago
- › Arrange them according to their performance . pls help 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe