I most certainly will when they arrive. They should be in my ears before the 10th.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- C5 or Gratitude? Looking for IEM around $200 Last post on 12/25/13 at 12:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 ears Last post on 7/21/12 at 3:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Very Confused. Spider realvoice E-EAPH-0001 vs E-EAPH-00A1 Last post on 7/10/12 at 5:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reshell UE10-Pro - Europe/USA Last post on 6/26/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best place for reshelling? USA? Last post on 6/16/12 at 7:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread - Page 30post #436 of 90712/5/12 at 5:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #437 of 90712/5/12 at 7:26pmQuote:
So does anyone know if the old Triples went on sale before the V3 came out? I'm thinking maybe the Quads will go on sale right before the V4 comes out..:-)post #438 of 90712/5/12 at 8:32pmpost #439 of 90712/5/12 at 9:28pmpost #440 of 90712/5/12 at 10:26pmQuote:
That's not true. 1964 has stated that the crossovers are not interchangeable; therefore there is a possibility of "leftover" or overstock inventory regarding the electronics. Obviously they can re-purpose the acrylic
However, if they didn't see a need to do it in the past, they probably won't start now.post #441 of 90712/7/12 at 1:52pmThread Starter
My V6 came in today. Too early for even first impressions, but I will have some thoughts later on this evening. Oh, I will say the V6 is not bass-light. It's not Quad level of deepness, but nowhere near bass-light (a good thing to my ears).post #442 of 90712/8/12 at 8:17amThread Starter
The 1964 EARS V6 is finally in my ears, and it's wonderful. Wider soundstage and more detailed than the Quad to my ears. It's a more balanced sound than the Quad, yet with plenty of bass extension, forward mids and extended highs. Those who thought the highs were a bit recessed in the 1964-Q won't find that in the V6. Yet, the highs aren't piercing harsh or hot. Great extension. I need some more extensive listening time, but right now I'm pleasantly pleased, and would have to say this is best fully balanced armature IEM I've heard. I'll get more specific soon, and I will post some photos. Oh, I should also say that this IEM loves being amped.post #443 of 90712/8/12 at 11:12amQuote:Interesting, isn't the crossover a configuration when you put together the drivers? I might be wrong though. My point is that they can use the drivers for the new IEMs, unless it's different otherwise.Originally Posted by iPhone IEM
That's not true. 1964 has stated that the crossovers are not interchangeable; therefore there is a possibility of "leftover" or overstock inventory regarding the electronics. Obviously they can re-purpose the acrylic:rolleyes:
However, if they didn't see a need to do it in the past, they probably won't start now.post #444 of 90712/8/12 at 11:43amThread Starter
My understanding is that the drivers in the V6 were specially developed for this model and are not the same that are in the older 1964 EARS products. Now whether the V6 and V3 use some of the same drivers I don't know.post #445 of 90712/8/12 at 1:20pmQuote:
I know that the 1964-T used dual Sonion 2015 drivers for lows and then a Knowles ED-29689 for highs. The V3 instead uses a vented Knowles CI for lows, a different CI variant (non-vented) for mids, and a Sonion 2389 for highs.
The 2389 is supposedly Sonion's version of the 29689 so that part is arguably interchangeable (but it may have different parameters for impedance and such). The other parts are not.
I don't know what the V6 uses though.post #446 of 90712/8/12 at 1:26pmpost #447 of 90712/8/12 at 1:48pmThread Starter
Well, I haven't heard it, but Han Bao Quan say it stacks up well against the Miracle.
Of the IEMs I've heard, I would say it has a few characteristics shared with the W4 (except the W4 is warmer, the V6 is more forward but with a wider soundstage, the V6 is quite a bit more three-dimensional with more extension on both ends of the sound spectrum). It's hard to compare it to the AS-2, for example, because the sound signature are so completely different (plus, I haven't heard the AS-2 with the new improved dynamic drivers yet).
But the W4, XBA-4, SM3 and SM2 are all handily beaten by the V6. I think the XBA-4 may have just as wide of a soundstage, but the notes aren't as heavy and as forward as the V6. But the V6's soundstage extends widely. It's like just when you think no other musician can possibly be on the stage, you hear someone in the far corner with a percussion lick or an organ growl in the far background.post #448 of 90712/10/12 at 10:16pmThread Starter
This V6 is one of the few IEMs I've heard that is making me hear my music like it's new all over again. That's how deep it's digging into details and bringing new instruments and sounds I've never heard in some of my favorite recordings before.post #449 of 90712/11/12 at 12:41pmpost #450 of 90712/11/12 at 12:45pmThread StarterQuote:
Mine will be coming after a little while longer of in-depth listening. But so far I've been quite pleased with what I'm hearing.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Need help on a predicament! 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Is Beyerdynamic DT 660 really as good as T1? (for classical music) 3 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 Over Ear Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 5 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)