Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › 1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread - Page 24

post #346 of 882

Why not the Q? I haven't actually read many direct comparisons between the V3 and Q now that I think about it.

post #347 of 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoxy View Post

Why not the Q? I haven't actually read many direct comparisons between the V3 and Q now that I think about it.

Perhaps the Quads have to much bass?Just asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCYC5 View Post

I long for a 8.A sound and I'm going with the V3.

X2

post #348 of 882

The more you compare to the hd600 the less I want to get the v6. Why on earth would I want to spend $700 on a pair of iems that are comparable to a $300 pair of cans. But that's just me, I'll end up getting the demos and deciding after that.

post #349 of 882

From what I'm reading, the Q has too much bass compared to the V3.

 

Some say muddy, some say good. I'm not a basshead by any means, so it's not a big deal to me! The V3 just seem to to be reported as closest to a 8.A without being the 8.A :)

post #350 of 882
Thread Starter 

Okay, I hope I see my V6 tomorrow. I thought I would see it on Monday. Ready to answer some of these burning questions. lol

post #351 of 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

The more you compare to the hd600 the less I want to get the v6. Why on earth would I want to spend $700 on a pair of iems that are comparable to a $300 pair of cans. But that's just me, I'll end up getting the demos and deciding after that.

 

The HD600 have one of the best examples of a natural, easy-to-listen-to, lightly coloured FR. I, on the other hand, am really excited that they're getting compared with each other. 

In fact, it's made me pull out my HD580 for a nice listen. Damn, these things sound good. 5+ years, and still going strong...

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Okay, I hope I see my V6 tomorrow. I thought I would see it on Monday. Ready to answer some of these burning questions. lol

Looking forward to some comparisons with the W4! 

post #352 of 882
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

 

The HD600 have one of the best examples of a natural, easy-to-listen-to, lightly coloured FR. I, on the other hand, am really excited that they're getting compared with each other. 

In fact, it's made me pull out my HD580 for a nice listen. Damn, these things sound good. 5+ years, and still going strong...

 

Looking forward to some comparisons with the W4! 

X2 beerchug.gif

post #353 of 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Okay, I hope I see my V6 tomorrow. I thought I would see it on Monday. Ready to answer some of these burning questions. lol

Reeeeeally looking forward to comparisons with the AS-2! 

post #354 of 882
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoxy View Post

Reeeeeally looking forward to comparisons with the AS-2! 

 

 

X2 .. Me too.

post #355 of 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoxy View Post

Thanks for the impressions Mongo. Finally, something to ease my trigger finger a bit. It sounds like we both crave a similar sound signature if you prefer the Q. I think I might have to cross off the V6 from my list if what you described is indeed the case. However, I'm also wondering if you're getting an adequate seal on the V6 considering they are not the actual custom version? Have you tried different tips?


I'm getting a real good seal on them. They have a nice generic mold that adapts well to ear cushions.

The 1964 Demo's could probably be best described as some of the best universals I've ever used.

 

V3 Demo

700

 

 

Quad Demo

700

 

 

V6 Demo

700

post #356 of 882

Mongo 

 

Those are really good impressions. Thank you for contributing to the community. However I would like to add one thing to your review and the equation. 

 

Usually I find it less useful to compare headphones side by side by A-B'ing them. In some cases it is useful and necessary but here's my point. I think the interpretation of what we hear is heavily influenced by what our ears-brain used to hear. So what I would recommend is to listen to the Quads for an extended period of time and then listen to the V6 for an extended period of time. Long enough to getting used to its sound signature and then go back to Quads to evaluate the differences. I remember doing this with full size cans back in the day and I've had better results than comparing them side by side. The phones that I thought were amazing and performed better actually ended up not being so after I gave the new phones the same period of listening time. 

 

Just my two cents. 

post #357 of 882

For the people who have tried v3s and the 4A's would you say the 4A's are better? Heir's having a 40% off sale this BF that makes them less than the v3s so I might jump on that...

post #358 of 882

From what I've read about the V3 and from my experience with the 4.Ai, I would say they have extremely different sound signatures. 

 

Also, 100% agree with what Yuceka said. Your ears will adjust to different sound signatures, so A/Bing is a really ineffective way to judge earphones. Pointing out differences yes, but making overall conclusions about quality, sound sig, etc. should be done from extended listening periods imo


Edited by anoxy - 11/21/12 at 3:46pm
post #359 of 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuceka View Post

Mongo 

 

Those are really good impressions. Thank you for contributing to the community. However I would like to add one thing to your review and the equation. 

 

Usually I find it less useful to compare headphones side by side by A-B'ing them. In some cases it is useful and necessary but here's my point. I think the interpretation of what we hear is heavily influenced by what our ears-brain used to hear. So what I would recommend is to listen to the Quads for an extended period of time and then listen to the V6 for an extended period of time. Long enough to getting used to its sound signature and then go back to Quads to evaluate the differences. I remember doing this with full size cans back in the day and I've had better results than comparing them side by side. The phones that I thought were amazing and performed better actually ended up not being so after I gave the new phones the same period of listening time. 

 

Just my two cents. 

Great advice.

post #360 of 882
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

Great advice.

 

 

X2

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › 1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread