Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › 1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread - Page 22

post #316 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post

 

Don't think so, the Quads have always been described by all as being fairly bass heavy with smooth highs that are easy to listen to for hours. Not exactly neutral by the strictest definition. 

 

And Joker doesn't have the Quads - he does have the V3 and the older 1964-T, so maybe that's what you were thinking of? 

 

It seems to me that the V3 is like a junior version of the Quads, with slightly less of a bass boost. 

I can confirm this is true . I just emailed 1964 for deciding between v3, Q and v6  yeasterday as i'm looking for more neutral IEM instead of bassy ones. One of the office manages replied that V3 and V6 are neutral with V6 is the most natural IEM they have while Q is considered to be bassy.  (Dual low, dual mid, dual high of V6 already sounds like a balanced IEM to me compared with the only dual low of Q)


Edited by gearofwar - 11/14/12 at 11:20pm
post #317 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augestirl View Post

Are we able to ask 1964 for demos? 

I figured it was a big decision and financial commitment so I asked. They said yes.

Mongo happy...
post #318 of 920

One thing I am noticing quite distinguishably between the Quads and the V6 is the amount of detail retrieval. I will not go so far as to say that I am hearing new things that I have never heard in the recording before. With the Quads they are all there but with the V6 those micro details are more clear and "cleaned up" so to speak. The V6 do not have the amount of bass that the Quads have and I can notice that quite easily. At first I was not so sure that it was a worthwhile upgrade but I appreciate my decision every passing day. But that's not say anything negative about the Quads. They are phenomenal for the price they're going for. If one decides to go with them instead of the others I don't think he/she'll be disappointed. 

 

1964 Ears are a great company and I am thankful for their existence amidst the other companies whose prices are sometimes too much for us. 

post #319 of 920

Well shoot. Is there anything you've had or have currently that you'd compare the V6's bass quantity/quality to? 

 

I'm considering making the V6 my first CIEM purchase, but if the bass is lacking, maybe I should go with the Quads. 

post #320 of 920
Now i am also worried. How does the bass on the v6 compare to Etymotics or Sony Xba 3?
post #321 of 920
Please don't confuse bass extension with bass quantity. The V-6s are not lacking any bass, so don't worry about it. I have said it before the, the V-6s bass remind me of my Denon D7000 (for those who know, is one of the best headphones in terms of bass).
Edited by Han Bao Quan - 11/15/12 at 10:52am
post #322 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuceka View Post

One thing I am noticing quite distinguishably between the Quads and the V6 is the amount of detail retrieval. I will not go so far as to say that I am hearing new things that I have never heard in the recording before. With the Quads they are all there but with the V6 those micro details are more clear and "cleaned up" so to speak. The V6 do not have the amount of bass that the Quads have and I can notice that quite easily. At first I was not so sure that it was a worthwhile upgrade but I appreciate my decision every passing day. But that's not say anything negative about the Quads. They are phenomenal for the price they're going for. If one decides to go with them instead of the others I don't think he/she'll be disappointed. 

 

1964 Ears are a great company and I am thankful for their existence amidst the other companies whose prices are sometimes too much for us. 

Great Yuceka,nice impressions of yours,exactly what i would expect to read due to all those opinions and impression i have been reading on here before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoxy View Post

Well shoot. Is there anything you've had or have currently that you'd compare the V6's bass quantity/quality to? 

 

I'm considering making the V6 my first CIEM purchase, but if the bass is lacking, maybe I should go with the Quads. 

Well Anoxy,it all depends on how much bass do you want.I suppose the V6 will delivery a nice bass whenever the recording has it.Then if you are a basshead you may be more satisfied with the Quads.To me ,for example (when i will get some money),the V3 should just be fine,as the V6 appealing me very much at the moment but i am far away from it's price,and the Quads may have too much bass.The V3 for sure Is neutral "basically" but with a hump in the bass to rock out with some ACDC or RATM.

But then sometimes i get tempted in waiting a little more and get the V6 as i like details and accuracy too,but going this way,the 8.A which i am aiming in long term financial savings,will be even waiting for a longer time.  :-)

post #323 of 920

Yeah I thought about the V3, but then I question if they will be a worthy upgrade to my Heir 4.Ai or other universals. If I go to the custom route, I want to get the best within my budget that will outperform all universal options. Otherwise I don't really see the point in getting customs.

post #324 of 920

Supposing you brought the 4.Ai because it's neutralness and accuracy,and considering it is just a universal version of it's high regarded custom original ear monitor,i am not so much sure that the V3 will outperform your current pair of IEM in those regards ,if it is those peculiarity quality you are looking for.Perhaps you could try the V6 as it is -supposed- to be more neutral and maybe a little warmer than the 4.Ai.

For what i did learn until now about those product,i an superficial way:

V3 - Neutral with pronounced bass and a little tamed high,but still have detail.

V6 - Neutral dead with a touch of warmth.As Han Bao Quan sad,capable to reproduce bass with quality and quantity (well this is not helping me out to decide between the V6 and V3,oh Head-Fi!)

4.A - Dead neutral ,perfect for studio monitoring and relentless audiophile looking for perfect accuracy.

 

Well i tell you those thing for what i have been reading a lot on here ,and unfortunately i did not had any chance to try any of those IEM's (not my fault ,just the fact that my home is outside those global audio market),so make up your mind lurking around.Hope this help

post #325 of 920

Long time lurker here at Head-Fi, but just got my v6's delivered so thought I'd post them up.

 

 

700

 

700

 

 

Originally planned to get a v3, but noting the 'fast' delivery time of my impressions (Australia to USA), the v6 was actually release in the interim. 

 

So as you do when given the opportunity, I went and forked over my additional $225, .

 

Since these are my first custom IEMs (up from a pair of GR07s), I can't give the best analysis in the world, but from my very initial impressions would say that the most stand-out difference is that everything just appears 'clearer'.

 

Using a fairly weak source atm, so whilst I'm not seeing the full power of the v6's, havta say that I'm pretty happy with my purchase.

 

Will let you know, if I start to actually learn the terms that reviewers use around here, and maybe post something up later on. 


Edited by luco22 - 11/17/12 at 3:15am
post #326 of 920

Congrats Luco,keep up with your impression.By the way...

Welcome ,and ....you probably should cuff your wallet from now on!biggrin.gif

post #327 of 920

Eagerly awaiting your impressions luco. I have also owned the GR07, so any comparisons would definitely be welcomed. I'm looking to make the V6 my first CIEM purchase as well.

post #328 of 920

I have received my 1964v6 for about one week and within this short 7 days I was deeply impressed by them.

 

Maybe after the exam on next monday I may post some impressions about v6. However want I want to tell all first is that 1964 v6 really did a perfect job in approaching a netral sound. Excellent product. 

post #329 of 920

Why must you tease us?? Post some quick impressions/comparisons right now!!! :) 

post #330 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by antberg View Post

Supposing you brought the 4.Ai because it's neutralness and accuracy,and considering it is just a universal version of it's high regarded custom original ear monitor,i am not so much sure that the V3 will outperform your current pair of IEM in those regards ,if it is those peculiarity quality you are looking for.Perhaps you could try the V6 as it is -supposed- to be more neutral and maybe a little warmer than the 4.Ai.

For what i did learn until now about those product,i an superficial way:

V3 - Neutral with pronounced bass and a little tamed high,but still have detail.

V6 - Neutral dead with a touch of warmth.As Han Bao Quan sad,capable to reproduce bass with quality and quantity (well this is not helping me out to decide between the V6 and V3,oh Head-Fi!)

4.A - Dead neutral ,perfect for studio monitoring and relentless audiophile looking for perfect accuracy.

 

Well i tell you those thing for what i have been reading a lot on here ,and unfortunately i did not had any chance to try any of those IEM's (not my fault ,just the fact that my home is outside those global audio market),so make up your mind lurking around.Hope this help

Even those that own the 4a and have heard the 4ai prefer the custom. The 4a is not dead neutral. Just a silly statement. It can be close like the V3 and V6 can be close but in the critical midrange it appears to have a typical TWFK flavor and some hink it has a favorable warmth as well. Doesn't make it bad or good as many like that character but speaking in absolutes about dead neutral? nah.


Edited by goodvibes - 11/17/12 at 8:19pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › 1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread