Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › 1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread - Page 3

post #31 of 917

And I thought I could stay at peace with my quads for a while, along comes news of a six pack :(

post #32 of 917

I was seriously thinking about the Quads given the price (currency conversion ftw)... but now I've seen these...

post #33 of 917
Thread Starter 

I hope those considering the 1964-Q (meaning you researched your sound signature and figure the quad fits it) don't think you will get a better quad if you wait for the six-pack. I'm not suggesting that the quad or six-pack (my terminology) will be better than the other one. What I am trying to convey is that they will sound different because of tuning (sound signature-wise). Remember, as great as I think the 1964-Q sounds, it was designed as an on-stage monitor. The six-pack will be more for the audiophile listener. Some will appreciate this sound signature more. Some may not. I am one who can appreciate many different sound signatures, so I'm looking forward to the end product. I guess I do anticipate a certain 1964 EARS house sound (the bass is like none other I've heard in an IEM, and those bass balanced armatures are vented). So we will see (hear) soon I hope.


Edited by ericp10 - 6/1/11 at 10:40pm
post #34 of 917

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunlun View Post

A mid-bass hump tends to bleed into the mid-range, it has nothing to do with treble. "Details" do not automatically mean treble, every part of the frequency, bass, midrange and treble, can all have detail, detail does not mean only treble.

 

 

 

 

When someone starts to loose hearing they say that they can't hear the "detail" in speech and other sounds. Most audiologist would agree that we first loose the high frequencies. Also, take a full range PA system with subs and turn off the main cabinets while leaving the subs on. If they are crossed over properly, most of the time you can't even tell which song is on. Bass can be "tight" "extended" and "controlled", but the mids and treble are responsible for detail. Just food for thought
 

 

post #35 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKaz View Post

I think Buffalo may be speaking of treble quanitity or amplitude.  From waht I have read, the Quads have more bass quantity making the bass "louder" then the treble.  The Triples have a much flatter resposne making the treble as "loud" as the bass.  Therefore, if you volume matched the two on bass quantity, the treble would be less audible and it would be potentially harder to discern detail. 

 

I had this issue on another pair of IEMs a long time ago.  The treble didn't sparkle the way I liked until I turned it up a little, which made the bass a little unbearable for me.  They had detail, but the sound signature wasn't what I was searchign for.

 

P.S.  I love my Triples, and will probably get the "Hex" with silicon canals if they come out.

DKaz has interpreted my meaning perfectly
 

 

post #36 of 917

Very interesting, can't wait to hear more. 

post #37 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaliy belo View Post

 

When someone starts to loose hearing they say that they can't hear the "detail" in speech and other sounds. Most audiologist would agree that we first loose the high frequencies. Also, take a full range PA system with subs and turn off the main cabinets while leaving the subs on. If they are crossed over properly, most of the time you can't even tell which song is on. Bass can be "tight" "extended" and "controlled", but the mids and treble are responsible for detail. Just food for thought
 

 

That is interesting, thanks. However, consider the timbre of a double bass or the variable pitch bayan (the bass drum of the Hindustani tabla), to say nothing of the human voice of a man such as the late Paul Robeson. There is certainly rich detail and subtle resonance to be found in the bass range, which can be either accurately reproduced or not so well.

 

In any case, by mentioning that the midrange is part of where we perceive detail, I would say you agree with me that "detail" and "treble" are not equivalent terms, although I do concede your point about hearing loss.
 

 

post #38 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunlun View Post



 

You're really quite confused on this and it shows. Bass does not effect treble reproduction in a multi-armature earphone. That is the first point. Bass does not effect treble perception in the human ear, that is the second point.

 

A mid-bass hump tends to bleed into the mid-range, it has nothing to do with treble. "Details" do not automatically mean treble, every part of the frequency, bass, midrange and treble, can all have detail, detail does not mean only treble. You really thought that? Seriously?

 

Monster Turbine Pro Coppers do not have diminished treble at all. In fact, they have quite a bit of treble energy (some would say too much even). The bass does not diminish the treble at all. Have you ever heard mtpcs? You should admit that you have never heard them. You are making things up.

 

Detail is not a synonym for treble and bass does not diminish treble perception--if it did that would be a feature of human hearing and would hold true across all speaker types from earphones to headphones to full-size speakers because it would be a feature of the human ear perceiving the sound, not the device producing the sound.

 

 

 


okay kunlun, you can with personal attacks now, and yes, thank you very much, I have heard the monster pro turbien coppers, standard turbines and the miles davis tributes, don't you think it's about time you actually heard a pair of 1964 ear quads? instead of basing your reasoning behind other reviewers against my views...unless my review doesn't count because I either haven't actually heard the quads or, they;re so far outlandish that it's unbelievable and absurd. Also, thanks for nit picking, you clearly knew what I meant and just couldn't help using my typographical error in order to refute what is in other words, a strong argument (unless you want to argue otherwise) also, whether or not detail is a synonym for treble perception i think is up to your own personal view, but I know *yes...KNOW many headfiers hear a boost in treble as more detail. anywho, I think it's about time you went out and bought yourself a pair of quads instead of simply basing your argument strictly on reviews and what others have to say. and then finding every oppurtunity to make a personal attack all because my views are different

 

post #39 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowings View Post




okay kunlun, you can with personal attacks now, and yes, thank you very much, I have heard the monster pro turbien coppers, standard turbines and the miles davis tributes, don't you think it's about time you actually heard a pair of 1964 ear quads? instead of basing your reasoning behind other reviewers against my views...unless my review doesn't count because I either haven't actually heard the quads or, they;re so far outlandish that it's unbelievable and absurd. Also, thanks for nit picking, you clearly knew what I meant and just couldn't help using my typographical error in order to refute what is in other words, a strong argument (unless you want to argue otherwise) also, whether or not detail is a synonym for treble perception i think is up to your own personal view, but I know *yes...KNOW many headfiers hear a boost in treble as more detail. anywho, I think it's about time you went out and bought yourself a pair of quads instead of simply basing your argument strictly on reviews and what others have to say. and then finding every oppurtunity to make a personal attack all because my views are different

 

I'm not attacking you, I said you were confused, which I did not intend as an insult of any kind.

 

You're welcome to buy me a pair of 1964 quads, I would be very grateful. PM me and we can discuss it.

 

 

post #40 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunlun View Post



I'm not attacking you, I said you were confused, which I did not intend as an insult of any kind.

 

You're welcome to buy me a pair of 1964 quads, I would be very grateful. PM me and we can discuss it.

 

 


lol, in your dreams, I might sell mine though, just not my cup of tea, PM me for specifics

 

post #41 of 917
Thread Starter 

So, I have some updated information from the good people of 1964 EARS for those of you wondering about an upgrade to the soon-to-be released six-drivers customs audiophile IEM. This is from Vitaliy (the main guy in charge at 1964 EARS):

 

"For the 6 driver, “upgrading” will be offered in the sense of a discount to previous customers, because the new design will use an all NEW driver design, and none from the quad or triple models will be usable."

 

There you have your answer @ guys and girls. Your current models won't be able to be upgraded by adding drivers. Just thought I would let you know. beerchug.gif

post #42 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

So, I have some updated information from the good people of 1964 EARS for those of you wondering about an upgrade to the soon-to-be released six-drivers customs audiophile IEM. This is from Vitaliy (the main guy in charge at 1964 EARS):

 

"For the 6 driver, “upgrading” will be offered in the sense of a discount to previous customers, because the new design will use an all NEW driver design, and none from the quad or triple models will be usable."

 

There you have your answer @ guys and girls. Your current models won't be able to be upgraded by adding drivers. Just thought I would let you know. beerchug.gif


Thanks for the update :) That's actually good news since previous customers won't need to pay the full price but wonder if that offer is time-limited? Never expected them to do upgrading by adding drivers. Initially thought of it to be more of a trade-in program.

 

post #43 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

So, I have some updated information from the good people of 1964 EARS for those of you wondering about an upgrade to the soon-to-be released six-drivers customs audiophile IEM. This is from Vitaliy (the main guy in charge at 1964 EARS):

 


I bolded, italicized, and underlined the part that sparked my interest the most.  I'm sure they have a general time frame that they're looking at so what are we looking at? Towards the end of the summer? christmas time? Maybe next year?

post #44 of 917
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetik View Post




I bolded, italicized, and underlined the part that sparked my interest the most.  I'm sure they have a general time frame that they're looking at so what are we looking at? Towards the end of the summer? christmas time? Maybe next year?


Right now, they are shooting for some time in the fall, but it could be later. It also could be earlier (although that's highly unlikely). It really depends on how quickly they can get through the approval stages of the special drivers being developed for this custom, I'm told. But I can say that they are REALLY pushing to have this product available before the year is out.

 

post #45 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post




Right now, they are shooting for some time in the fall, but it could be later. It also could be earlier (although that's highly unlikely). It really depends on how quickly they can get through the approval stages of the special drivers being developed for this custom, I'm told. But I can say that they are REALLY pushing to have this product available before the year is out.

 


Sounds great, they already have a more balanced type sound signature with the 1964-T's so I wonder what kind of "audiophile" sound signature this is gonna be like. 

 

With what seems to be a delay on the UM Merlin it and the arrival of fiio's E11, it looks like I might wait for these before I make any moves.  Doesn't hurt that the company is only 3 hours away either.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › 1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread