Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › 1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread - Page 2

post #16 of 888

Gods be good.  I was just talking to a friend and saying that I didn't see anything too interesting in the horizon as of late and then I read this little tidbit.  We need to get 1964 to come out to some head-fi meets so we can demo these and get others interested in 1964 Ears.

 

Looking forward to any more specifics down the line.

post #17 of 888
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamthinker View Post

Do they actually have an insider on Head-Fi.org?



The owners watch head.fi.org when they have time, I know. And occasionally they post and make comments, but it's rare. I would think they are quite busy being such a small and new company.

post #18 of 888

I mean you have a point....but Head-fi.org is a good way to get audiophile-attention and eventually become very successful.

post #19 of 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randius View Post

Great news. Now wondering if they will allow upgrading etysmile.gif


 

X2, I hope they'll introduce a upgrade program

 

edit: i am one of the users of the quads that sometimes wish for more emphasis on the treble, for rap/electronic music, the quads are absolutely brilliant but bass emphasis does come at the cost of treble


Edited by buffalowings - 5/31/11 at 1:31pm
post #20 of 888
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowings View Post




 

X2, I hope they'll introduce a upgrade program

 

edit: i am one of the users of the quads that sometimes wish for more emphasis on the treble, for rap/electronic music, the quads are absolutely brilliant but bass emphasis does come at the cost of treble


I'm definitely no expert in this, but I don't see how upgrading would be possible since special BA drivers are being developed for the six-drivers version. Again, I'm just thinking outloud, but I don't see how these armature drivers will produce the same sound signature comparable to the quad. I repeat, there is nothing I know at this point that verifies or dismisses this frame of thought.

 

post #21 of 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

 

I'm definitely no expert in this, but I don't see how upgrading would be possible since special BA drivers are being developed for the six-drivers version. Again, I'm just thinking outloud, but I don't see how these armature drivers will produce the same sound signature comparable to the quad. I repeat, there is nothing I know at this point that verifies or dismisses this frame of thought.

 


I actually posted this question to them before the quads were available. They claimed it is not part of their marketing strategy but may be possible on a case-by-case basis. The customer will be paying the difference between the models. However, do note they had not confirmed on this.

 

post #22 of 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post


Great news @ Kunlun!! I've been waiting to hear when that might be happening. Soon so it sounds from your post? I can't wait!! Actually the 1964-Q is back with 1964 EARS because I had a pin break and a little glitch (no fault of theirs). So hopefully I'll get the EX1000 and my 1964-Q back at the same time.  What did you think of the Sony @ Kunlun?

 


I was just thinking that the Sony would eventually come your way. There's another person who'll hear it first, though, so it might be a month or so, all told, before it's in your hands.

 

I find the Sonys to be a delicate, refined sound that starts lovely and grows on you from there. Best for a quiet environments, they shine in their own way. Ask music bird, he likes them even more.

Anyway, something to look forward to.

 

post #23 of 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowings View Post


 

X2, I hope they'll introduce a upgrade program

 

edit: i am one of the users of the quads that sometimes wish for more emphasis on the treble, for rap/electronic music, the quads are absolutely brilliant but bass emphasis does come at the cost of treble


I saw this idea being posted in the main 1964 Ears thread and I have to say that it doesn't make any sense at all. Bass emphasis doesn't effect treble at all. It certainly doesn't for single-driver dynamics like the high-end offerings from Monster, Future Sonics, Sony, etc. Those all have excellent bass with their different sound sigs and, from the same driver, all have excellent treble (again, each in its own way). For multi-armature designs it makes even less sense as there the treble driver has literally nothing to do with the bass no matter how strong it might be. Nor is it a subjective function of human ears, since then it would be impossible to have excellent bass on any earphone or full-size headphone or full-size speaker design without a cost in treble.

 

If people don't like the treble on the 1964-Q, that's fine, but frankly, based on reviews, it doesn't sound as though there is any problem at all with the quad's treble, it's just a non-fatiguing design for stage use--every company has their own idea about this and it seems like this is Vitaliy's. It not a flaw if a product functions well for the purpose it was designed for.

 

Pretty much what is being asked for is a different tuning--no need for extra drivers for that, though it will be neat to see what Vitaliy does with 6-drivers and a new tuning as well.

 

To sum up: Boo on the idea that bass emphasis effects treble performance in higher-level iems, Yay on 1964 Ears' new iem.

post #24 of 888
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunlun View Post

To sum up: Boo on the idea that bass emphasis effects treble performance in higher-level iems, Yay on 1964 Ears' new iem.


X2 beerchug.gif

post #25 of 888
Thread Starter 

Thanks for the eta on the Sony @ Kunlun.....

post #26 of 888


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunlun View Post




I saw this idea being posted in the main 1964 Ears thread and I have to say that it doesn't make any sense at all. Bass emphasis doesn't effect treble at all. It certainly doesn't for single-driver dynamics like the high-end offerings from Monster, Future Sonics, Sony, etc. Those all have excellent bass with their different sound sigs and, from the same driver, all have excellent treble (again, each in its own way). For multi-armature designs it makes even less sense as there the treble driver has literally nothing to do with the bass no matter how strong it might be. Nor is it a subjective function of human ears, since then it would be impossible to have excellent bass on any earphone or full-size headphone or full-size speaker design without a cost in treble.

 

If people don't like the treble on the 1964-Q, that's fine, but frankly, based on reviews, it doesn't sound as though there is any problem at all with the quad's treble, it's just a non-fatiguing design for stage use--every company has their own idea about this and it seems like this is Vitaliy's. It not a flaw if a product functions well for the purpose it was designed for.

 

Pretty much what is being asked for is a different tuning--no need for extra drivers for that, though it will be neat to see what Vitaliy does with 6-drivers and a new tuning as well.

 

To sum up: Boo on the idea that bass emphasis effects treble performance in higher-level iems, Yay on 1964 Ears' new iem.


 

I disagree, 

 

if I were the only one with issues, why would 1964 ears change their game plan for the sound signature of the 6 driver custom in the near future in order to appeal to more "audiophiles"? (you make it sound like I am completely off my rocker for thinking that the quads need more bass) Also, how would bass emphasis not effect treble at all? (it's entirely unfair to compare open headphones with closed customs by the way, since open headphones have a much larger sound stage, and it's even more absurd (dare i say, absolutely one hundred percent absurd to compare speakers with headphones...?) also, if bass does not effect how we perceive treble, how come a "bass hump" is unwelcome because it effects the details (IE: treble) in fact, when I purchased my quads, I called 1964 ears asking for the difference between the quads and triples and vitaly told me the triples and quads are just as extended as each other, but because of more bass from the quads, the treble can/will be perceived as diminished. finally, monster coppers/higher end bass heavy phones also "suffer" because they are bass heavy, as a result of the bass emphasis, treble perception by the human ear is diminished except it is not enough for some to be of concern.  also, please do not torture my words to fit your own views.  never did i say more drivers would be needed in order to better flush out the treble (this is a issue with tuning and not with the number of drivers) Finally, any increase in bass can and does decrease a person's perception of detail (treble) whether it is discernible or not is dependent on a persons own hearing and whether they can tolerate the difference (and how much of a difference before it becomes a flaw or bothersome) 

 

"to sum it up" (kunlun) bass does effect treble perception whether you can hear it or not. and to me, it is enough that I find it a flaw (happy?) and also, what's with all the hostility towards those who disagree think a flaw exists in a product even if it's designed properly, not everybody is the same 

post #27 of 888

wouldnt it be possible that if you focus on one thing thend to "ignore" the others? trebble could be perfect but if X headphone had a very loud prominent bass, of course the rest gets compromissed. Its called a distraction.

 

like when your head hurts but then you hit your toes against something.. frown.gif

post #28 of 888



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowings View Post

 

(you make it sound like I am completely off my rocker for thinking that the quads need more bass)
 

If you thought the quads needed more bass, then

QED, I guess?

 

 

 

Originally Posted by buffalowings View Post

 

 Also, how would bass emphasis not effect treble at all? (it's entirely unfair to compare open headphones with closed customs by the way, since open headphones have a much larger sound stage, and it's even more absurd (dare i say, absolutely one hundred percent absurd to compare speakers with headphones...?) also, if bass does not effect how we perceive treble, how come a "bass hump" is unwelcome because it effects the details (IE: treble) in fact, when I purchased my quads, I called 1964 ears asking for the difference between the quads and triples and vitaly told me the triples and quads are just as extended as each other, but because of more bass from the quads, the treble can/will be perceived as diminished. finally, monster coppers/higher end bass heavy phones also "suffer" because they are bass heavy, as a result of the bass emphasis, treble perception by the human ear is diminished except it is not enough for some to be of concern.  also, please do not torture my words to fit your own views.  never did i say more drivers would be needed in order to better flush out the treble (this is a issue with tuning and not with the number of drivers) Finally, any increase in bass can and does decrease a person's perception of detail (treble) whether it is discernible or not is dependent on a persons own hearing and whether they can tolerate the difference (and how much of a difference before it becomes a flaw or bothersome) 

You're really quite confused on this and it shows. Bass does not effect treble reproduction in a multi-armature earphone. That is the first point. Bass does not effect treble perception in the human ear, that is the second point.

 

A mid-bass hump tends to bleed into the mid-range, it has nothing to do with treble. "Details" do not automatically mean treble, every part of the frequency, bass, midrange and treble, can all have detail, detail does not mean only treble. You really thought that? Seriously?

 

Monster Turbine Pro Coppers do not have diminished treble at all. In fact, they have quite a bit of treble energy (some would say too much even). The bass does not diminish the treble at all. Have you ever heard mtpcs? You should admit that you have never heard them. You are making things up.

 

Detail is not a synonym for treble and bass does not diminish treble perception--if it did that would be a feature of human hearing and would hold true across all speaker types from earphones to headphones to full-size speakers because it would be a feature of the human ear perceiving the sound, not the device producing the sound.

 

 

 


Edited by Kunlun - 5/31/11 at 9:39pm
post #29 of 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunlun View Post


 

You're really quite confused on this and it shows. Bass does not effect treble reproduction in a multi-armature earphone. That is the first point. Bass does not effect treble perception in the human ear, that is the second point.

 

A mid-bass hump tends to bleed into the mid-range, it has nothing to do with treble. "Details" do not automatically mean treble, every part of the frequency, bass, midrange and treble, can all have detail, detail does not mean only treble. You really thought that? Seriously?

 

Monster Turbine Pro Coppers do not have diminished treble at all. In fact, they have quite a bit of treble energy (some would say too much even). The bass does not diminish the treble at all. Have you ever heard mtpcs? You should admit that you have never heard them. You are making things up.

 

Detail is not a synonym for treble and bass does not diminish treble perception--if it did that would be a feature of human hearing and would hold true across all speaker types from earphones to headphones to full-size speakers because it would be a feature of the human ear perceiving the sound, not the device producing the sound.


Agreed.
 

 

post #30 of 888

I think Buffalo may be speaking of treble quanitity or amplitude.  From waht I have read, the Quads have more bass quantity making the bass "louder" then the treble.  The Triples have a much flatter resposne making the treble as "loud" as the bass.  Therefore, if you volume matched the two on bass quantity, the treble would be less audible and it would be potentially harder to discern detail. 

 

I had this issue on another pair of IEMs a long time ago.  The treble didn't sparkle the way I liked until I turned it up a little, which made the bass a little unbearable for me.  They had detail, but the sound signature wasn't what I was searchign for.

 

P.S.  I love my Triples, and will probably get the "Hex" with silicon canals if they come out.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › 1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread