Anyone know the actual size dimensions and weight?
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 9/16/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 9/16/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Digizoid ZO2 vs FiiO E11 or 7 for ATH M50 Last post on 6/19/12 at 9:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Sub-$100 Portable Amps Shootout – 11(+1) amps compared Last post on 3/7/17 at 1:33pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E11>E7>E6>E5? Last post on 12/28/11 at 11:01pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- E7, E11 or Tbasso T5 Last post on 12/29/11 at 11:44am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
I decided to write a short review after buying the second pair today. The first pair was damaged by a clumsy flight attendant and her heavy trolley... Although I was super happy with the E700M...
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
I have a pair of EarTech Music Quads that I felt were worthy of a better cable. In particular I was hoping an aftermarket, high end cable would bring some missing "air" and resolution, more...
Hi, I'm new to this head-fi community and this would be my first headphone review here at head-fi. Other headphones I've owned and listened to so far would be the Sennheiser hd239, px100, rha...
Review of Fiio E11 - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 752/29/12 at 11:01pmpost #33 of 753/9/12 at 11:56pm
The fact that I can't use these while charging bothers the crap out of me. However, the battery life is pretty amazing. Holds a charge very well.
Personally, it seems unnecessary and too much of a hassle for me to lug it around with me to listen to music. I'm a college student, so i'm on always on the go. I'm using my iPhone 4S as my music player, so I have an L9 as well. It's not very convenient to have an amp banded around your phone. Very hard to text :p
That said, it does provide a better sound, allows one to increase the volume to unbearable heights (while maintaining clarity), and can add a lot more bass. However, for me, it seemed like the SQ didn't get that much better. Personally, I don't think it's worth $65. Maybe my cans just aren't good enough? :\
Just my 2 cents.
Edited by Aznvamp - 3/10/12 at 12:28ampost #34 of 753/10/12 at 1:50am
I'm really enjoying my E11. I was having problems with distortion at mid to high volume levels, I knew it wasn't my E10 IEM's because my E5 was driving them way beyond E11 in volume. I couldn't go past 3/8 without some awful distortion cutting in. I worked out it was the amp labouring. After tinkering with the high/low power setting underneath the battery switching to high I have solved my problem. I can unleash the beast! Also very happy with running times,post #35 of 753/10/12 at 4:00amQuote:Originally Posted by Sonic Defender
I really like what the E11 has done for my iPod 5th gen (the one with a good DAC not like the classics and touch). I am actually driving my 600ohm DT880s as I am writing this post. Very nice even driving such a high impedence set. I can't wait for my DT770 80 ohm set to get hear! For any Canadians who want to purchase the E11 I am going to post a link to the vendor from Markham Ontario who I purchased my Fii) from. I have ZERO interest and affiliation with this business. I just liked the service and I want to support Canadian distributors whenever I can. I paid $8 shipping and had my E11 the very next day after I placed my order! http://www.headfoneshop.com
Yah, I love the E11 already, glad I spent the small sum to get this nice little amp. Very small and portable in my view.
wow, good to know about your 600ohm dt880s.Quote:Originally Posted by hyogen
just replied to your youtube.
does it make any sense to add an E9 or E10 to an E11?
I mean, an E11+E10 (of course E11 on battery power) should sound BETTER than the E17 + E9 (since the E11 sounds better than the E17 by itself)....right?
Although....the E9 has way more power than the E10 right? But E11 and E9 not good because double amping....and no dac...
so E10 + E11..........has anyone done this? You can always use the spare battery and charge in the external charger......
so i have figured that double amping E9 + E11 wouldn't make sense...but how about adding E10 as a DAC? (battery life only of course on the E11--but as long as I charge it up every couple days...)
post #36 of 753/12/12 at 9:53pm
Hey, I have a problem with my E11 and I was wondering if any of guys can give me some help. I had my E11 for about 2 months and I used it everyday and nothing went wrong with it, worked perfectly fine. Until one day my uncle brought this thick cable to connect my HP monitor to the computer since it had built in speakers. Since both ends of the jacks were able to fit into my I-pod and E11, me being curious George, I decided to connect it to both of them. I played a few songs and everything wen't fine, until I switched back to the original connector that came with the E11. After five minutes of listening my E11 just died on me. I decided to recharge it for 30 minutes thinking it was just the battery, but when I attempted to to turn it on again, it died again 2 seconds later after being turned on. I have the extra battery pack it came with and switched it with the original one, but now the darn thing wouldn't even turn on. It only turns on when I recharge it, but I can't use it while it recharges. UPDATE: It turns on when I take out the battery and place it back in, but lasts for only a second before turning back off.post #37 of 753/12/12 at 11:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mindless Self
Hey, I have a problem with my E11 and I was wondering if any of guys can give me some help. I had my E11 for about 2 months and I used it everyday and nothing went wrong with it, worked perfectly fine. Until one day my uncle brought this thick cable to connect my HP monitor to the computer since it had built in speakers. Since both ends of the jacks were able to fit into my I-pod and E11, me being curious George, I decided to connect it to both of them. I played a few songs and everything wen't fine, until I switched back to the original connector that came with the E11. After five minutes of listening my E11 just died on me. I decided to recharge it for 30 minutes thinking it was just the battery, but when I attempted to to turn it on again, it died again 2 seconds later after being turned on. I have the extra battery pack it came with and switched it with the original one, but now the darn thing wouldn't even turn on. It only turns on when I recharge it, but I can't use it while it recharges. UPDATE: It turns on when I take out the battery and place it back in, but lasts for only a second before turning back off.
Sounds like a battery issue to me, especially when you say it still turns on briefly. Try ordering another battery for it and see what happens, also try another charge cable and switching the high/low voltage switch beneath the battery on both settings. Apart from that there's not much else I can recommend, besides contacting Fiio.post #38 of 753/12/12 at 11:50pm
I didn't have a good experience when I tried to run my DT 880 (600 ohm) with this amp (High Power / High Gain / No EQ settings) personaly.
I guess I was asking too much to my poor e11 since I normally use these heaphones with a much more powerful WA6.
Sound wasn't very loud and I'm not the kind of person who likes to "overdrive" his headphones, I like my 30yo ears too much for that :P. It wasn't very detailed too, grainy, lifeless, etc.
The e11 "can" be used with high impedance headphones like the DT880 600ohm if you have nothing better, but it won't make these wonderful cans justice... they need more power to really shine. Same applies to the AKG K701.
I really enjoy the e11 with my VSonic GR07 IEM though... ;)
Edited by Myxomatosis - 3/13/12 at 2:25ampost #39 of 753/13/12 at 8:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by H20Fidelity
Sounds like a battery issue to me, especially when you say it still turns on briefly. Try ordering another battery for it and see what happens, also try another charge cable and switching the high/low voltage switch beneath the battery on both settings. Apart from that there's not much else I can recommend, besides contacting Fiio.
Yea I was thinking of that too, but how can the other battery pack that I had that I rarely use also be damaged? I still have the warranty on it so it's not a big deal, just that I don't want to do all that work just to get something as simple as that fixed.
post #40 of 753/20/12 at 5:38pmpost #41 of 753/22/12 at 6:41am
Just got the e11 a couple of days... Wow they do make a impact in sound from iPod Classic 5G 80GB with the Sony MDR V6 or Westone UM3X :) off course more amplitud in sound, greater sound stage, separation and definition.
I can't imagine the sound of a "greater" system and investment, earphones at 2700 USD amps for doble that price I really have to hear them first to justify the cost cos I'm really satisfied with the sound accomplished.
Cheerspost #42 of 753/22/12 at 9:39ampost #43 of 753/22/12 at 10:49am
Hehe Yes you can say that, I know what you mean... but if you get technical amplitud defines the hight of the wave (peak) on the Y axis :) that translates in higher volume, the separation, sound stage and detail or definition of the sound is another thing, I think :)
Any suggestion to get the most out of the Fiio e11?
Edited by iburdeinick - 3/22/12 at 10:50ampost #44 of 753/22/12 at 4:31pm
No, pretty simple. Just an EQ 0, 1 and 2 setting for bass (which actually works pretty well) and Hi and Low Gain. And of course, volume :P
I don't feel more definition, separation, etc, I feel more "amplitud" as said above (and more bass). Sounds really better and I just can't live without it now, but it's not better definition and separation in my book.
Edited by miow - 3/22/12 at 4:33pm
- Review of Fiio E11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 5 seconds ago
- › Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones! 11 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 19 seconds ago
- › Xonar Essense stx Random LOUD high pitched Ringing Noise? 40 seconds ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 1 minute ago
- › WTS UK rare Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Silver with no front logo 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear