For those of you that have heard the Liquid Fire with the HD800s how did you like it? I have both a LCD-2 and a HD800 and am considering whether the HD800s should be paired with another amp.
Related Forum Threads
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 7/16/13 at 4:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for HD-800 - RSA Apache or Woo WA5-LE? Last post on 7/31/11 at 5:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Want your opinion amping / sourcing hd800 Last post on 10/8/12 at 3:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I buy Beyerdynamic T1 or Hifiman HE500 as upgrade solution to my current HD650/K701 combo? Last post on 10/26/13 at 2:27am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 4/13/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Firstly, I'd like to thank @H20Fidelity for including me on this tour. It's always a great experience and privilege to be a part of such a great community which organises these tours for members...
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample of Turbo X provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
Cavalli Liquid Fire + HD800?post #1 of 65/28/11 at 4:55pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 66/1/11 at 5:12pm
I actually got to listen to this combo at 32 Ohm in Portland a while back. Of the 2 amps I plugged them into, I thought the Liquid Fire was the amp that sounded the best with the 800's........
BUT I'm not a big fan of the 800's sound in general so keep that in mind.
I plugged them into a Burson while I was there, too, and the pairing was WAY too hot (trebly). It gave them some nice body but I thought my ears were going to start bleeding. In the LF, they sounded much smoother and less etched on the top. It was very liquid, too...great flow and air around the notes. The mids were fantastic...I think I popped on some Adele and was really diggin' the way it handled all the vocal inflections she has. But the bass was pretty much the same on both the Burson and the LF...with a slight edge in definition going to the LF. I've read that the right amp will make the 800's sound not bass-shy but to me, they always do.post #3 of 69/18/11 at 7:10ampost #4 of 69/18/11 at 5:47pmpost #5 of 69/18/11 at 6:34pm
I have both the Liquid Fire and the HD-800's.
However my HD-800's are used as a back-up for my HE6' so I haven't used the HD-800's that much, but I do really like the HD-800's with my Liquid Fire amp. This is also the case with my WA5LE I mainly use my HE6's with that amp also, but I do like the HD-800's a little better with my Liquid Fire amp.post #6 of 69/20/11 at 10:50am
I own both and I think they are a great combination. In fact, I've been listening more and more to my HD800 since getting the LF. I like the LF with the HD800 much more than with the Zana Deux SE and SPL Phonitor that I had in the past.
- Cavalli Liquid Fire + HD800?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 21 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 38 seconds ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 59 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 4 minutes ago
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2