For those of you that have heard the Liquid Fire with the HD800s how did you like it? I have both a LCD-2 and a HD800 and am considering whether the HD800s should be paired with another amp.
Related Forum Threads
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on Today at 3:56 am in High-end Audio Forum
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 7/16/13 at 4:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for HD-800 - RSA Apache or Woo WA5-LE? Last post on 7/31/11 at 5:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Want your opinion amping / sourcing hd800 Last post on 10/8/12 at 3:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I buy Beyerdynamic T1 or Hifiman HE500 as upgrade solution to my current HD650/K701 combo? Last post on 10/26/13 at 2:27am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
Q-audio French Silk Aftermarket Cable for MrSpeakers Alpha Dog INTRODUCTION I have spent a little over two months with the Alpha Dogs and its stock cable. About one month into the journey...
This will be a short synopsis of my findings after a few weeks with these. What they come with: First of all, they are shipped with a good deal of extras, including a longer studio-aimed cord,...
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
Cavalli Liquid Fire + HD800?post #1 of 65/28/11 at 4:55pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 66/1/11 at 5:12pm
I actually got to listen to this combo at 32 Ohm in Portland a while back. Of the 2 amps I plugged them into, I thought the Liquid Fire was the amp that sounded the best with the 800's........
BUT I'm not a big fan of the 800's sound in general so keep that in mind.
I plugged them into a Burson while I was there, too, and the pairing was WAY too hot (trebly). It gave them some nice body but I thought my ears were going to start bleeding. In the LF, they sounded much smoother and less etched on the top. It was very liquid, too...great flow and air around the notes. The mids were fantastic...I think I popped on some Adele and was really diggin' the way it handled all the vocal inflections she has. But the bass was pretty much the same on both the Burson and the LF...with a slight edge in definition going to the LF. I've read that the right amp will make the 800's sound not bass-shy but to me, they always do.post #3 of 69/18/11 at 7:10ampost #4 of 69/18/11 at 5:47pmpost #5 of 69/18/11 at 6:34pm
I have both the Liquid Fire and the HD-800's.
However my HD-800's are used as a back-up for my HE6' so I haven't used the HD-800's that much, but I do really like the HD-800's with my Liquid Fire amp. This is also the case with my WA5LE I mainly use my HE6's with that amp also, but I do like the HD-800's a little better with my Liquid Fire amp.post #6 of 69/20/11 at 10:50am
I own both and I think they are a great combination. In fact, I've been listening more and more to my HD800 since getting the LF. I like the LF with the HD800 much more than with the Zana Deux SE and SPL Phonitor that I had in the past.
- Cavalli Liquid Fire + HD800?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser, AKG, HiFiMan, or Other? 27 seconds ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp 3 minutes ago
- › Sleek Audio SA7 Appreciation, Impressions, and Discussion Thread! 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. 4 minutes ago
- › Mini-REVIEW: MOE Audio SS01 (WARNING: Tongue-In-Cheek and Tacky) 5 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 5 minutes ago
- › Best audiophile metal and rock albums 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 6 minutes ago
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi