For those of you that have heard the Liquid Fire with the HD800s how did you like it? I have both a LCD-2 and a HD800 and am considering whether the HD800s should be paired with another amp.
Related Forum Threads
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 5/16/15 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for HD-800 - RSA Apache or Woo WA5-LE? Last post on 7/31/11 at 5:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Want your opinion amping / sourcing hd800 Last post on 10/8/12 at 3:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I buy Beyerdynamic T1 or Hifiman HE500 as upgrade solution to my current HD650/K701 combo? Last post on 10/26/13 at 2:27am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
First off I want to apologize for taking so long to get this review put together. Circumstances and family responsibility have conspired against me this year in regards to being able put together a...
The Elecom LBT-PAR500AV was purchased by me on Ebay. I’m not in any way affiliated with Elecom. The price was about $50 when I bought it. About me: I’m a 42 year old music...
Cavalli Liquid Fire + HD800?post #1 of 65/28/11 at 4:55pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 66/1/11 at 5:12pm
I actually got to listen to this combo at 32 Ohm in Portland a while back. Of the 2 amps I plugged them into, I thought the Liquid Fire was the amp that sounded the best with the 800's........
BUT I'm not a big fan of the 800's sound in general so keep that in mind.
I plugged them into a Burson while I was there, too, and the pairing was WAY too hot (trebly). It gave them some nice body but I thought my ears were going to start bleeding. In the LF, they sounded much smoother and less etched on the top. It was very liquid, too...great flow and air around the notes. The mids were fantastic...I think I popped on some Adele and was really diggin' the way it handled all the vocal inflections she has. But the bass was pretty much the same on both the Burson and the LF...with a slight edge in definition going to the LF. I've read that the right amp will make the 800's sound not bass-shy but to me, they always do.post #3 of 69/18/11 at 7:10ampost #4 of 69/18/11 at 5:47pmpost #5 of 69/18/11 at 6:34pm
I have both the Liquid Fire and the HD-800's.
However my HD-800's are used as a back-up for my HE6' so I haven't used the HD-800's that much, but I do really like the HD-800's with my Liquid Fire amp. This is also the case with my WA5LE I mainly use my HE6's with that amp also, but I do like the HD-800's a little better with my Liquid Fire amp.post #6 of 69/20/11 at 10:50am
I own both and I think they are a great combination. In fact, I've been listening more and more to my HD800 since getting the LF. I like the LF with the HD800 much more than with the Zana Deux SE and SPL Phonitor that I had in the past.
- Cavalli Liquid Fire + HD800?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Best Headphones For Me At Around £250? 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 3 minutes ago
- › I Finished My First Ever DIY Project! Bottlehead Crack! 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Some questions about settings (sample rate, latency, etc.) for an... 3 minutes ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 4 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-V8 Pure Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier Announced! 6 minutes ago
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3