For those of you that have heard the Liquid Fire with the HD800s how did you like it? I have both a LCD-2 and a HD800 and am considering whether the HD800s should be paired with another amp.
Related Forum Threads
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 7/16/13 at 4:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for HD-800 - RSA Apache or Woo WA5-LE? Last post on 7/31/11 at 5:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Want your opinion amping / sourcing hd800 Last post on 10/8/12 at 3:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I buy Beyerdynamic T1 or Hifiman HE500 as upgrade solution to my current HD650/K701 combo? Last post on 10/26/13 at 2:27am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
Cavalli Liquid Fire + HD800?post #1 of 65/28/11 at 4:55pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 66/1/11 at 5:12pm
I actually got to listen to this combo at 32 Ohm in Portland a while back. Of the 2 amps I plugged them into, I thought the Liquid Fire was the amp that sounded the best with the 800's........
BUT I'm not a big fan of the 800's sound in general so keep that in mind.
I plugged them into a Burson while I was there, too, and the pairing was WAY too hot (trebly). It gave them some nice body but I thought my ears were going to start bleeding. In the LF, they sounded much smoother and less etched on the top. It was very liquid, too...great flow and air around the notes. The mids were fantastic...I think I popped on some Adele and was really diggin' the way it handled all the vocal inflections she has. But the bass was pretty much the same on both the Burson and the LF...with a slight edge in definition going to the LF. I've read that the right amp will make the 800's sound not bass-shy but to me, they always do.post #3 of 69/18/11 at 7:10ampost #4 of 69/18/11 at 5:47pmpost #5 of 69/18/11 at 6:34pm
I have both the Liquid Fire and the HD-800's.
However my HD-800's are used as a back-up for my HE6' so I haven't used the HD-800's that much, but I do really like the HD-800's with my Liquid Fire amp. This is also the case with my WA5LE I mainly use my HE6's with that amp also, but I do like the HD-800's a little better with my Liquid Fire amp.post #6 of 69/20/11 at 10:50am
I own both and I think they are a great combination. In fact, I've been listening more and more to my HD800 since getting the LF. I like the LF with the HD800 much more than with the Zana Deux SE and SPL Phonitor that I had in the past.
- Cavalli Liquid Fire + HD800?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Schiit Owners Unite 35 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › [PROBLEMS] V-Moda M100 + Asus Xonar DGX 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Computer Audiophile Set Up 2 minutes ago
- › What do you call this component in the headphone? 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 6 minutes ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2