For those of you that have heard the Liquid Fire with the HD800s how did you like it? I have both a LCD-2 and a HD800 and am considering whether the HD800s should be paired with another amp.
Related Forum Threads
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 7/16/13 at 4:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for HD-800 - RSA Apache or Woo WA5-LE? Last post on 7/31/11 at 5:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Want your opinion amping / sourcing hd800 Last post on 10/8/12 at 3:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I buy Beyerdynamic T1 or Hifiman HE500 as upgrade solution to my current HD650/K701 combo? Last post on 10/26/13 at 2:27am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
Cavalli Liquid Fire + HD800?post #1 of 65/28/11 at 4:55pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 66/1/11 at 5:12pm
I actually got to listen to this combo at 32 Ohm in Portland a while back. Of the 2 amps I plugged them into, I thought the Liquid Fire was the amp that sounded the best with the 800's........
BUT I'm not a big fan of the 800's sound in general so keep that in mind.
I plugged them into a Burson while I was there, too, and the pairing was WAY too hot (trebly). It gave them some nice body but I thought my ears were going to start bleeding. In the LF, they sounded much smoother and less etched on the top. It was very liquid, too...great flow and air around the notes. The mids were fantastic...I think I popped on some Adele and was really diggin' the way it handled all the vocal inflections she has. But the bass was pretty much the same on both the Burson and the LF...with a slight edge in definition going to the LF. I've read that the right amp will make the 800's sound not bass-shy but to me, they always do.post #3 of 69/18/11 at 7:10ampost #4 of 69/18/11 at 5:47pmpost #5 of 69/18/11 at 6:34pm
I have both the Liquid Fire and the HD-800's.
However my HD-800's are used as a back-up for my HE6' so I haven't used the HD-800's that much, but I do really like the HD-800's with my Liquid Fire amp. This is also the case with my WA5LE I mainly use my HE6's with that amp also, but I do like the HD-800's a little better with my Liquid Fire amp.post #6 of 69/20/11 at 10:50am
I own both and I think they are a great combination. In fact, I've been listening more and more to my HD800 since getting the LF. I like the LF with the HD800 much more than with the Zana Deux SE and SPL Phonitor that I had in the past.
- Cavalli Liquid Fire + HD800?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 20 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 280 pro appreciation thread 45 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 50 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710!... 54 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 3 minutes ago
- › Help with DAP decisions? 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)