Hifiman has long been a darling of Head-Fi and while I've read much about its various products, I've never had an opportunity to listen to any of them. I'd pretty much decided that the next time I return to the States, I'd order a pair, but I can't seem to set myself down for a pair that would complement my other IEMs. I currently own the DBA-02 and the GR07, two great, complimentary IEMs, and I was considering getting a good pair of mid/vocal-centric IEMs. This seems to point me toward the RE262s. I'm just not sure though. I guess it's all conjecture at this point, but would the RE272 be a continuation of the RE262 sound? And would I be missing out by not trying out the 'legendary' (and cheaper) RE0?
Related Forum Threads
- Need help upgrading...looking at DBA-02, GR07, ER-4S, RE262, etc... Last post on 3/25/13 at 7:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need 100-120€ IEMs Last post on 11/20/12 at 5:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best sub $200 IEMs for Rock Music? Last post on 12/11/12 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help with my first high quality IEM purchase. Last post on 9/17/12 at 1:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for deployment to Afghanistan? Last post on 7/25/12 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
Which Hifiman to get?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
hmm haven't tried RE262 or the 272 but considering that you have a DBA-02. No point getting a Re0 :)
On a side note, when I tried the DBA-02, I realised that what most head-fier said is correct. Once you get past Re0, the law of diminishing returns sets in. For almost double the price of RE0, DBA-02 doesn't seem to be double the quality but rather a refinement =p
Don't forget the RE-ZERO as well, very solid little IEMs for their price. Though again, the fact that you already own DBA-02s applies like it does with the RE0.
At a meet recently I got a chance to hear a lot of high-end cans including Stax Omega, HD 800 and the like. At the end of the day my second favourite that I'd heard was the LCD-2, but the first was the RE-262. They were just stunningly good, and pretty much sum up exactly the kind of sound signature I like. If you want mid-centric then the 262s are pretty much up there with the SE 530s. Female vocals were just amazing. [Obviously take that with a pinch of salt, since I didn't get to spend a long time with them.]
My only problem with the RE-262s is that I don't have a pair of my own yet, though at the current stupidly low $150 price tag that could change quite quickly.
My impression was that the RE ZERO was supposed to be the low impedance, higher sensitivity version of the RE0 with balanced plugs and slightly better bass. I don't nor want neither the low impedance nor the balanced plug. From what everyone's saying, the RE0/ZERO don't offer anything different from my DBAs, so I guess I'm either going with the RE262 or wait in bated breath for details of the RE272 to come out. I think ClieOS mentioned something about how the RE272 is going to have treble extension that rivals any other IEM, so that's exciting. If it retains the same mid-centric signature of the RE262, I might just get it. My main goal is to have a mid-centric IEM that also works well with a powerful amp.
No, I think he's trying to say it's a steal at that price. Originally the RE262s were going to be sold for 250 but Hifiman decided to cut the price to 150. The sound quality for the RE262s is great if not wonderful. If you have a good source/amp and are a fan of vocals, the RE262s are for you. I too, can vouch for the RE262s as one of Hifiman's greatest IEMs currently released.
- Which Hifiman to get?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Fiio X5 thread 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Frequency Response Question 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions and Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › VA / MD / DC meet - Saturday, May 25, 2013 8 minutes ago
- › Can anyone tell me the SQ of this ipod classic 160 gb 8 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe