Hifiman has long been a darling of Head-Fi and while I've read much about its various products, I've never had an opportunity to listen to any of them. I'd pretty much decided that the next time I return to the States, I'd order a pair, but I can't seem to set myself down for a pair that would complement my other IEMs. I currently own the DBA-02 and the GR07, two great, complimentary IEMs, and I was considering getting a good pair of mid/vocal-centric IEMs. This seems to point me toward the RE262s. I'm just not sure though. I guess it's all conjecture at this point, but would the RE272 be a continuation of the RE262 sound? And would I be missing out by not trying out the 'legendary' (and cheaper) RE0?
Related Forum Threads
- Need help upgrading...looking at DBA-02, GR07, ER-4S, RE262, etc... Last post on 3/25/13 at 7:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need 100-120€ IEMs Last post on 11/20/12 at 5:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best sub $200 IEMs for Rock Music? Last post on 12/11/12 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help with my first high quality IEM purchase. Last post on 9/17/12 at 1:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for deployment to Afghanistan? Last post on 7/25/12 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Incipio F38 Remember the famous budget cans, the RP-HTF600? They we're great once modded, and so are these! So let's talk. This won't be a Super Detailed Review. Overall Sound: Highs...
wouldn't recommend if you're going to pay for $100 or above. Reasonable price should have been around $70. The only selling point is the open soundstage, would make a goid pair for movies or...
Which Hifiman to get?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
hmm haven't tried RE262 or the 272 but considering that you have a DBA-02. No point getting a Re0 :)
On a side note, when I tried the DBA-02, I realised that what most head-fier said is correct. Once you get past Re0, the law of diminishing returns sets in. For almost double the price of RE0, DBA-02 doesn't seem to be double the quality but rather a refinement =p
Don't forget the RE-ZERO as well, very solid little IEMs for their price. Though again, the fact that you already own DBA-02s applies like it does with the RE0.
At a meet recently I got a chance to hear a lot of high-end cans including Stax Omega, HD 800 and the like. At the end of the day my second favourite that I'd heard was the LCD-2, but the first was the RE-262. They were just stunningly good, and pretty much sum up exactly the kind of sound signature I like. If you want mid-centric then the 262s are pretty much up there with the SE 530s. Female vocals were just amazing. [Obviously take that with a pinch of salt, since I didn't get to spend a long time with them.]
My only problem with the RE-262s is that I don't have a pair of my own yet, though at the current stupidly low $150 price tag that could change quite quickly.
My impression was that the RE ZERO was supposed to be the low impedance, higher sensitivity version of the RE0 with balanced plugs and slightly better bass. I don't nor want neither the low impedance nor the balanced plug. From what everyone's saying, the RE0/ZERO don't offer anything different from my DBAs, so I guess I'm either going with the RE262 or wait in bated breath for details of the RE272 to come out. I think ClieOS mentioned something about how the RE272 is going to have treble extension that rivals any other IEM, so that's exciting. If it retains the same mid-centric signature of the RE262, I might just get it. My main goal is to have a mid-centric IEM that also works well with a powerful amp.
No, I think he's trying to say it's a steal at that price. Originally the RE262s were going to be sold for 250 but Hifiman decided to cut the price to 150. The sound quality for the RE262s is great if not wonderful. If you have a good source/amp and are a fan of vocals, the RE262s are for you. I too, can vouch for the RE262s as one of Hifiman's greatest IEMs currently released.
- Which Hifiman to get?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 6 seconds ago
- › SennGrado Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › new speaker for my laptop ? 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impresive Earbuds Brand 3 minutes ago
- › Audioengine D1 vs. Schiit Modi for A5+ 3 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 Over Ear Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2