- 2,679 Posts. Joined 11/2002
- Location: Tokyo
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Stax protection Last post on 2/5/15 at 5:04am in High-end Audio Forum
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 1/17/16 at 3:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009 Last post on 12/3/14 at 9:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009: Advice on Buying used Last post on 11/15/14 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
this is exactly what i experienced in my previous pair. what's your serial no.
It's a bit disappointing and surprising that these are having issues but I trust that Stax will get everything worked out in the end. I'm glad they were quick to respond to the issues. A similar thing has been happening with Audeze and the LCD2's (units arriving with faulty drivers) but they are handling it well also.
The issue is a bummer, especially until we know it's fixed for good / can't appear after months of use.
But as Birgir said, it's not that surprising coming from Stax. This time the electrode is totally new design so this is even more predictable. The price to pay when you want to be on the bleeding edge of technology I guess...
On the positive side, since they are going to ship quite a few pairs this year, they're bound to figure the problem out, hopefully earlier than later. Also, if my pair was to go bad after the 1 year warranty with same symptoms as described here, I will become pretty vocal unless they accept to fix it at no cost... At this price, I expect no less.
For those with problematic sr009 , please highlight this to stax ( with increasing amount of returns they will take actions). I believe my replacement pair should work well as at least the problems had been highlighted to the company.
Edited by hentai - 6/14/11 at 3:53am
Did Stax tell you that they stopped shipping them? My understanding is that they're still shipping them in Japan, but they decided not to ship any to the US for now due to low yields.
I think he was implying for $5k headphones replacement/service alone is not quite good enough. Maybe he wants some free pads or something
- Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem?
- › Introducing NightOwl Carbon & NightHawk Carbon. Next Generation... 37 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 4 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for studio reference headphones, but am picky 5 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 6 minutes ago
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by bapspidoff
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear