- 2,583 Posts. Joined 11/2002
- Location: Tokyo
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Stax protection Last post on 2/5/15 at 5:04am in High-end Audio Forum
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 1/17/16 at 3:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009 Last post on 12/3/14 at 9:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009: Advice on Buying used Last post on 11/15/14 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
The ED9 is overall a good and very funny iem from China. build + design: The metal housing shows confidence and it looks like it won't break for a long time. I did like the looks...
(Player: Cowon Plenue D ; Earphone: JH5) Before I start, I must say that this was not the beginning of my experience with the brand cables. I own the Ares cable also (first model) and make...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
Not a whole lot to add that others have mentioned. I would have liked a traveling case included instead of a pouch, but I will let that slide for a couple of reasons. First is that the box that...
First, I would like to thank Shozy for sending me a pre-production model of the Zero in exchange for my honest opinion. My pre-production model arrived in a small package. Inside was the Zero...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
this is exactly what i experienced in my previous pair. what's your serial no.
It's a bit disappointing and surprising that these are having issues but I trust that Stax will get everything worked out in the end. I'm glad they were quick to respond to the issues. A similar thing has been happening with Audeze and the LCD2's (units arriving with faulty drivers) but they are handling it well also.
The issue is a bummer, especially until we know it's fixed for good / can't appear after months of use.
But as Birgir said, it's not that surprising coming from Stax. This time the electrode is totally new design so this is even more predictable. The price to pay when you want to be on the bleeding edge of technology I guess...
On the positive side, since they are going to ship quite a few pairs this year, they're bound to figure the problem out, hopefully earlier than later. Also, if my pair was to go bad after the 1 year warranty with same symptoms as described here, I will become pretty vocal unless they accept to fix it at no cost... At this price, I expect no less.
For those with problematic sr009 , please highlight this to stax ( with increasing amount of returns they will take actions). I believe my replacement pair should work well as at least the problems had been highlighted to the company.
Edited by hentai - 6/14/11 at 3:53am
Did Stax tell you that they stopped shipping them? My understanding is that they're still shipping them in Japan, but they decided not to ship any to the US for now due to low yields.
I think he was implying for $5k headphones replacement/service alone is not quite good enough. Maybe he wants some free pads or something
- Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem?
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Luxury & Precision L3 DAP w/case 2 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod... 3 minutes ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Grado GH-1 Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › Football (Soccer) Fans Gather 6 minutes ago
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...