- 2,556 Posts. Joined 11/2002
- Location: Tokyo
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Stax protection Last post on 2/5/15 at 5:04am in High-end Audio Forum
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 1/17/16 at 3:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009 Last post on 12/3/14 at 9:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009: Advice on Buying used Last post on 11/15/14 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Read the full review here! http://www.head-fi.org/t/809194/review-t-peos-rasiel
you'll hear what the musicians wanted their music to be sounded like. Well-balanced. Design is not so good as my friend's jh 13 but he had repaired his connector twice. only bad thing is that the...
I am a big fan of overachieving gear of any kind. What I mean by overachieving is the “they sound way too good for the price” factor. This is a highly subjective mindset because the worth of...
Full review of the Asura 2, Zen 2 & Duke here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/809154/review-venture-electronics-ve-asura-2-0-zen-2-0-duke-a-new-path-to-high-end-sound Sound: The...
Full review of the Asura 2, Zen 2 & Duke here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/809154/review-venture-electronics-ve-asura-2-0-zen-2-0-duke-a-new-path-to-high-end-sound Sound: The Zen 2...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
this is exactly what i experienced in my previous pair. what's your serial no.
It's a bit disappointing and surprising that these are having issues but I trust that Stax will get everything worked out in the end. I'm glad they were quick to respond to the issues. A similar thing has been happening with Audeze and the LCD2's (units arriving with faulty drivers) but they are handling it well also.
The issue is a bummer, especially until we know it's fixed for good / can't appear after months of use.
But as Birgir said, it's not that surprising coming from Stax. This time the electrode is totally new design so this is even more predictable. The price to pay when you want to be on the bleeding edge of technology I guess...
On the positive side, since they are going to ship quite a few pairs this year, they're bound to figure the problem out, hopefully earlier than later. Also, if my pair was to go bad after the 1 year warranty with same symptoms as described here, I will become pretty vocal unless they accept to fix it at no cost... At this price, I expect no less.
For those with problematic sr009 , please highlight this to stax ( with increasing amount of returns they will take actions). I believe my replacement pair should work well as at least the problems had been highlighted to the company.
Edited by hentai - 6/14/11 at 3:53am
Did Stax tell you that they stopped shipping them? My understanding is that they're still shipping them in Japan, but they decided not to ship any to the US for now due to low yields.
I think he was implying for $5k headphones replacement/service alone is not quite good enough. Maybe he wants some free pads or something
- Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem?
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 1 minute ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet Saturday June 11 2016 1 minute ago
- › 2015 Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable Player -... 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 2 minutes ago
- › AUDIO GD NFB 29H 3 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 3 minutes ago
- › Help buying a new portable music source (mp3) 4 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing the New Classic Universal Line from Noble 6 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) the Duke by Zelda
- › Hisoundaudio HSA-H200 Pro by mark2410
- › Brainwavz Hooka by Wokei
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by kdub
- › JDS Labs ULTRA SHORT 3.5MM INTERCONNECT CABLE by audiophilefan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...