- 2,198 Posts. Joined 11/2002
- Location: Tokyo
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Stax 009 Last post on 12/3/14 at 9:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009: Advice on Buying used Last post on 11/15/14 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009: Advice on Buying used Last post on 11/15/14 at 6:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- This auction should be interesting.... Last post on 11/2/14 at 9:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- New York Audio Show 2014 Last post on 10/22/14 at 11:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
-Audio The Nucleus Headphone Amplifier/Preamp “Great Sound for the Masses” By Cesar Gutierrez - Audiophile December 2014 It is always exiting to discover and learn about new companies in...
Background So the technology behind the ear cups are quite interesting. This headphone is marketed towards teenagers for the "Bass Sensation". The headphone has a slider on thhe left ear cup, and...
Introduction and Design I picked up the Woodphones 10 months ago, so I've had quite a bit of experience with them in my collection. Despite me having sold off most of my closed headphone...
I have these for a couple of days, they are amazing for bass lovers, the bass is very deep and have hard punch and rumble, control is very good so the bass doesn't sound like a mess, is not slow...
1. These headphones are HUGE. 2. That said, it provides amazing soundstage/imaging, and are very comfortable. Headband has no bumps, and earpads are of memory foam. 3. Very decent amount of...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
this is exactly what i experienced in my previous pair. what's your serial no.
It's a bit disappointing and surprising that these are having issues but I trust that Stax will get everything worked out in the end. I'm glad they were quick to respond to the issues. A similar thing has been happening with Audeze and the LCD2's (units arriving with faulty drivers) but they are handling it well also.
The issue is a bummer, especially until we know it's fixed for good / can't appear after months of use.
But as Birgir said, it's not that surprising coming from Stax. This time the electrode is totally new design so this is even more predictable. The price to pay when you want to be on the bleeding edge of technology I guess...
On the positive side, since they are going to ship quite a few pairs this year, they're bound to figure the problem out, hopefully earlier than later. Also, if my pair was to go bad after the 1 year warranty with same symptoms as described here, I will become pretty vocal unless they accept to fix it at no cost... At this price, I expect no less.
For those with problematic sr009 , please highlight this to stax ( with increasing amount of returns they will take actions). I believe my replacement pair should work well as at least the problems had been highlighted to the company.
Edited by hentai - 6/14/11 at 3:53am
Did Stax tell you that they stopped shipping them? My understanding is that they're still shipping them in Japan, but they decided not to ship any to the US for now due to low yields.
I think he was implying for $5k headphones replacement/service alone is not quite good enough. Maybe he wants some free pads or something
- Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem?
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 13 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 50 seconds ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP - $500 3 minutes ago
- › IC: Winnipeg meet? 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › Getting the best sound quality possible out of iphone (Lossless) 8 minutes ago
- › Evshrug's "If I knew then what I know now" discussion journal. 8 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 8 minutes ago
- › "The Nucleus" by che15
- › Skullcandy Crusher Headphones with Mic White, One Size by DigitalGrounder
- › Woodphones - by Blake Graham by SanjiWatsuki
- › AKG Y55 Black DJ-Ready Headphones with Enriched Bass, Snug Fit and... by presata
- › AKG K7XX by avitron142
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Warnings about equipment online purchase scam
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3