- 2,364 Posts. Joined 11/2002
- Location: Tokyo
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Stax protection Last post on 2/5/15 at 5:04am in High-end Audio Forum
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 2/19/15 at 7:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009 Last post on 12/3/14 at 9:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009: Advice on Buying used Last post on 11/15/14 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
I own 3 High-end headphones ( HD 600, HD-650s, and HE 500s) and this amplifier does everything I want it to do. The headphones have been driven with authority, speed and transparency. The sound is...
Disclaimer: I would like to thank www.hifinage.com and Fidue for this review sample. I was supposed...
I received by LG for review purposes. Here are my thoughts are 6 weeks. Aesthetics. The unique ‘on-neck horse-shoe’ design is inconspicuous sits neatly and discreetly around the neck line....
Signature Acoustics C-12: The Elemental Underdog Woodies Company Background Audiophiles love music, especially when played from high quality audio products that contain several different...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank SoundMagic for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. If you live in US, they are currently available at a...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
this is exactly what i experienced in my previous pair. what's your serial no.
It's a bit disappointing and surprising that these are having issues but I trust that Stax will get everything worked out in the end. I'm glad they were quick to respond to the issues. A similar thing has been happening with Audeze and the LCD2's (units arriving with faulty drivers) but they are handling it well also.
The issue is a bummer, especially until we know it's fixed for good / can't appear after months of use.
But as Birgir said, it's not that surprising coming from Stax. This time the electrode is totally new design so this is even more predictable. The price to pay when you want to be on the bleeding edge of technology I guess...
On the positive side, since they are going to ship quite a few pairs this year, they're bound to figure the problem out, hopefully earlier than later. Also, if my pair was to go bad after the 1 year warranty with same symptoms as described here, I will become pretty vocal unless they accept to fix it at no cost... At this price, I expect no less.
For those with problematic sr009 , please highlight this to stax ( with increasing amount of returns they will take actions). I believe my replacement pair should work well as at least the problems had been highlighted to the company.
Edited by hentai - 6/14/11 at 3:53am
Did Stax tell you that they stopped shipping them? My understanding is that they're still shipping them in Japan, but they decided not to ship any to the US for now due to low yields.
I think he was implying for $5k headphones replacement/service alone is not quite good enough. Maybe he wants some free pads or something
- Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem?
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Rational reasons to love vinyl 50 seconds ago
- › Sony PHA-1 portable DAC/amp 56 seconds ago
- › Closed headphone for listening to techno? 1 minute ago
- › Making own tube amp from scratch!! 1 minute ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 1 minute ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 2 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 3 minutes ago
- › iDAC2 is a coming - internal discussions 7 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)