Any changes in heat where the headphones are stored?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Stax protection Last post on 2/5/15 at 5:04am in High-end Audio Forum
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 2/19/15 at 7:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009 Last post on 12/3/14 at 9:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009: Advice on Buying used Last post on 11/15/14 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? - Page 20
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, not "happy" that you've got an issue with your amp, but happy your 009's are fine. Hopefully just at tube or something simple. Good luck, an enjoy that little guy in the mean time.
Yes the 252 and its predecessors are somewhat of a bargain amp wise for the easier to drive Stax's. Sound pretty damn good to in relation to its price and much underrated by some who think you have to pay mega bucks for something respectable.
If i remember correctly Spritzer modded one of the earlier version to accept mini xlr balanced inputs
The one I modified has a redesigned power supply, TKD volume pot, higher rail voltages amd RCA or XLR selection on the back. It was a great little amp and fun to compare it against Kevin's T2DIY...
Well, I've found out my 009s have an imbalance. The left channel is about 2dB quieter than the right. Thankfully I've been able to adjust for this on my DAC but I wouldn't call that a permanent solution. The serial number is 2275.
Anything I should try first to see if the imbalance goes away before shipping them back to PJ?
This is a charge issue so it could just go away on its own but there is no way to know when. Most likely the conditions the phones will see when being shipped back to Japan will clear up the issue and Stax will find nothing wrong with the set. This has happened to an almost dozen sets now.
This will be a problem with 009's and there is nothing Stax can do to prevent it. Just the nature of the beast.
Have you been able to confirm that it's the headphone by trying other headphones with your amp, or another amp with these headphones?
Unplug the headphones and short the plug with your fingers to discharge them. Check and see if they are still unbalanced.
If you haven't already let them play for a very long time (like over a week) without interruption at decent volume levels.
That's the easy stuff you can try.
Many pairs have been sent to STAX and returned with no "repair" made, but the imbalance gone... seems a plane flight is also a good fix, but not very practical!
A bit of an update: I've remeasured each driver using a different method and the imbalance seems to have gone. Either these or my earlier measurements were incorrect (certainly possible) or the imbalance had cured itself since.
Maybe I'm going slightly mad.
Edited by loligagger - 12/22/13 at 9:06pm
I purchased the 009s a good few months back but have only managed to set them up now (long story). They are better than any others I have tried and that includes the SR-007 mk1, HD800, LCD 2&3.
I am getting intermittent imbalance issues when I first use them where the right side is louder. Most of the time this seems to go away by letting the headphones play for a few minutes at moderate volume. Definitely a little worried. Has anyone else had this issue or can explain why it sometimes starts off like this and then seems perfectly balanced?
The SRM-717. The way it happened with you seems like the pattern with others. I know they charge so much to fix outside of warranty and I still have over 6 months left. Don't want to take any chances but if I do send it back and due to the intermittent nature of the problem they make not test extensively and send them back. It's only been a couple of days so will keep a very close eye.
I called the reseller (Elusive Disc) and informed them of the problem but said I will monitor for a little while. Regardless, they are contacting the Stax rep to inform him and get the process started.
Edited by Clsmooth391 - 1/17/14 at 8:59am
- Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem?
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 3 seconds ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 10 seconds ago
- › Need help picking a pair of headphones 1 minute ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 4 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 4 minutes ago
- › AGK K550 Problem 5 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 5 minutes ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 7 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3