Any changes in heat where the headphones are stored?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Stax protection Last post on 2/5/15 at 5:04am in High-end Audio Forum
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 2/19/15 at 7:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009 Last post on 12/3/14 at 9:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009: Advice on Buying used Last post on 11/15/14 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
These were actually my first pair of mixing headphones. I can definitely say they worked for me at the time, but this is also the time I did not acknowledge the importance of EQ & compression. I...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? - Page 20
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, not "happy" that you've got an issue with your amp, but happy your 009's are fine. Hopefully just at tube or something simple. Good luck, an enjoy that little guy in the mean time.
Yes the 252 and its predecessors are somewhat of a bargain amp wise for the easier to drive Stax's. Sound pretty damn good to in relation to its price and much underrated by some who think you have to pay mega bucks for something respectable.
If i remember correctly Spritzer modded one of the earlier version to accept mini xlr balanced inputs
The one I modified has a redesigned power supply, TKD volume pot, higher rail voltages amd RCA or XLR selection on the back. It was a great little amp and fun to compare it against Kevin's T2DIY...
Well, I've found out my 009s have an imbalance. The left channel is about 2dB quieter than the right. Thankfully I've been able to adjust for this on my DAC but I wouldn't call that a permanent solution. The serial number is 2275.
Anything I should try first to see if the imbalance goes away before shipping them back to PJ?
This is a charge issue so it could just go away on its own but there is no way to know when. Most likely the conditions the phones will see when being shipped back to Japan will clear up the issue and Stax will find nothing wrong with the set. This has happened to an almost dozen sets now.
This will be a problem with 009's and there is nothing Stax can do to prevent it. Just the nature of the beast.
Have you been able to confirm that it's the headphone by trying other headphones with your amp, or another amp with these headphones?
Unplug the headphones and short the plug with your fingers to discharge them. Check and see if they are still unbalanced.
If you haven't already let them play for a very long time (like over a week) without interruption at decent volume levels.
That's the easy stuff you can try.
Many pairs have been sent to STAX and returned with no "repair" made, but the imbalance gone... seems a plane flight is also a good fix, but not very practical!
A bit of an update: I've remeasured each driver using a different method and the imbalance seems to have gone. Either these or my earlier measurements were incorrect (certainly possible) or the imbalance had cured itself since.
Maybe I'm going slightly mad.
Edited by loligagger - 12/22/13 at 9:06pm
I purchased the 009s a good few months back but have only managed to set them up now (long story). They are better than any others I have tried and that includes the SR-007 mk1, HD800, LCD 2&3.
I am getting intermittent imbalance issues when I first use them where the right side is louder. Most of the time this seems to go away by letting the headphones play for a few minutes at moderate volume. Definitely a little worried. Has anyone else had this issue or can explain why it sometimes starts off like this and then seems perfectly balanced?
The SRM-717. The way it happened with you seems like the pattern with others. I know they charge so much to fix outside of warranty and I still have over 6 months left. Don't want to take any chances but if I do send it back and due to the intermittent nature of the problem they make not test extensively and send them back. It's only been a couple of days so will keep a very close eye.
I called the reseller (Elusive Disc) and informed them of the problem but said I will monitor for a little while. Regardless, they are contacting the Stax rep to inform him and get the process started.
Edited by Clsmooth391 - 1/17/14 at 8:59am
- Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem?
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 1 minute ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 4 minutes ago
- › HRT DSP / iDSP 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference II headphones available for sale 8 minutes ago
- › Cambridge Audio Minx Xi 10 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 10 minutes ago
- › She is Called Esther ---SOUNDAWARE New Portable Player Thread Updated 10 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 10 minutes ago
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2