Any changes in heat where the headphones are stored?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Stax protection Last post on 2/5/15 at 5:04am in High-end Audio Forum
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 1/17/16 at 3:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009 Last post on 12/3/14 at 9:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009: Advice on Buying used Last post on 11/15/14 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
RHA DacAmp L1 Review January 2017 Intro To start with, thanks again to Glassmonkey for organising this tour and RHA making all possible to start with. RHA known for their IEMs...
The completely wireless Axgio Dash seems to be a pair of $49 Apple Airpod killer. I was skeptical at first. The Dash arrived in a small, simple no frills box. It looks exactly like the packaging...
*I was provided a review sample by iFi for the Black Label tour* iFi Micro iDSD BLACK LABEL Packaging and Build Quality The iDSD Black Label came packaged in a sturdy, well presented...
There are a few brands that could be considered a powerhouse in the world of audio and headphones and beyerdynamic is without a doubt one of them. beyerdynamic has been family owned since...
REVIEWER INTRODUCTION First of all, I want to introduce my gear while writing this review. I'm using my AKG K612 PRO headphone with my Fiio X3 2nd Gen dedicated DAP. Currently I don't own any...
Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? - Page 20
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, not "happy" that you've got an issue with your amp, but happy your 009's are fine. Hopefully just at tube or something simple. Good luck, an enjoy that little guy in the mean time.
Yes the 252 and its predecessors are somewhat of a bargain amp wise for the easier to drive Stax's. Sound pretty damn good to in relation to its price and much underrated by some who think you have to pay mega bucks for something respectable.
If i remember correctly Spritzer modded one of the earlier version to accept mini xlr balanced inputs
The one I modified has a redesigned power supply, TKD volume pot, higher rail voltages amd RCA or XLR selection on the back. It was a great little amp and fun to compare it against Kevin's T2DIY...
Well, I've found out my 009s have an imbalance. The left channel is about 2dB quieter than the right. Thankfully I've been able to adjust for this on my DAC but I wouldn't call that a permanent solution. The serial number is 2275.
Anything I should try first to see if the imbalance goes away before shipping them back to PJ?
This is a charge issue so it could just go away on its own but there is no way to know when. Most likely the conditions the phones will see when being shipped back to Japan will clear up the issue and Stax will find nothing wrong with the set. This has happened to an almost dozen sets now.
This will be a problem with 009's and there is nothing Stax can do to prevent it. Just the nature of the beast.
Have you been able to confirm that it's the headphone by trying other headphones with your amp, or another amp with these headphones?
Unplug the headphones and short the plug with your fingers to discharge them. Check and see if they are still unbalanced.
If you haven't already let them play for a very long time (like over a week) without interruption at decent volume levels.
That's the easy stuff you can try.
Many pairs have been sent to STAX and returned with no "repair" made, but the imbalance gone... seems a plane flight is also a good fix, but not very practical!
A bit of an update: I've remeasured each driver using a different method and the imbalance seems to have gone. Either these or my earlier measurements were incorrect (certainly possible) or the imbalance had cured itself since.
Maybe I'm going slightly mad.
Edited by loligagger - 12/22/13 at 9:06pm
I purchased the 009s a good few months back but have only managed to set them up now (long story). They are better than any others I have tried and that includes the SR-007 mk1, HD800, LCD 2&3.
I am getting intermittent imbalance issues when I first use them where the right side is louder. Most of the time this seems to go away by letting the headphones play for a few minutes at moderate volume. Definitely a little worried. Has anyone else had this issue or can explain why it sometimes starts off like this and then seems perfectly balanced?
The SRM-717. The way it happened with you seems like the pattern with others. I know they charge so much to fix outside of warranty and I still have over 6 months left. Don't want to take any chances but if I do send it back and due to the intermittent nature of the problem they make not test extensively and send them back. It's only been a couple of days so will keep a very close eye.
I called the reseller (Elusive Disc) and informed them of the problem but said I will monitor for a little while. Regardless, they are contacting the Stax rep to inform him and get the process started.
Edited by Clsmooth391 - 1/17/14 at 8:59am
- Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem?
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 1 second ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 21 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 22 seconds ago
- › In-ear replacement headphones help 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso PB3 Mockingbird Portable Balanced Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 2 minutes ago
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Mustainized
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by Peddler
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by HiFiChris
- › Campfire Audio Lyra II by alffla
- › Kingston Headset KHX-H3CL/WR HyperX Cloud Headset Black Retail by tproc
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by tproc
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear