So these are pretty much the two i'm choosing between. Looking for a balanced sound ideally, good for all genres. What do you guys think?
Related Forum Threads
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- uprgrade/change - Westone 3 vs shure se425 vs ortofon e-q5 vs other options Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which will be a better bet? CK10/SE425/UMX3/DBA02 Last post on 7/13/11 at 6:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Oh, look, it's another price-range-recommendation-thread. Last post on 3/23/11 at 8:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
E-Q5 or se425post #1 of 115/27/11 at 3:38amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 115/27/11 at 5:24ampost #3 of 115/27/11 at 7:25ampost #4 of 115/27/11 at 10:29am
+2... good summary.
Quote:post #5 of 115/27/11 at 11:04am
Plus with the eq-5's you get a nice tin can to keep them in .
If you want deep harmonic bass reproduction in some of your "all genres" look else where ! if you don't then they sound fine .post #6 of 114/28/12 at 5:21ampost #7 of 114/28/12 at 5:35amQuote:
x4 for the e-q5
i agree shure is more ergonomic but the sound is less than par.post #8 of 114/28/12 at 12:02pmpost #9 of 114/28/12 at 6:29pm
owned the EQ-5, still own the SE425,
In terms of SQ, the EQ-5 is generally more balanced and a safer overall choice.
The SE425 is very mid-centric, and has a love-it or hate-it signature. Excellent for classical, jazz, and vocals, but a bit
bass-shy and lacking for electronic/hip-hop and some rock.
HOWEVER, the EQ-5 have slightly annoying ergonomics (no cable cinch, awkward over-the-ear fit) and they also don't
include a case.
The SE425, by contrast, are much easier to fit.
For me, being on the go and on the subway/bus/train a lot, The EQ-5 were just too cumbersome, even if I like their overall signature. If I were just using them at home, I would definitely pick the EQ-5, but ergonomics are huge for me, and Shure (along with Westone) always seem to capture this best.post #10 of 114/28/12 at 9:29pm
x5 eq-5, my current favourite IEMs. Easiest for a fit, easy to drive, beautiful cable, lovely presentation, minimal sibilance, rounded bass, non-fatiguing.Quote:Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- E-Q5 or se425
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › The Basshead Club 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › The results of giveaway! 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 6 minutes ago
- › iPhone 5C and 5S: audio output 8 minutes ago
- › Nuforce Primo 8 - an Audiophile Phase Coherent Quad Balanced... 9 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob