So these are pretty much the two i'm choosing between. Looking for a balanced sound ideally, good for all genres. What do you guys think?
Related Forum Threads
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- uprgrade/change - Westone 3 vs shure se425 vs ortofon e-q5 vs other options Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which will be a better bet? CK10/SE425/UMX3/DBA02 Last post on 7/13/11 at 6:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Oh, look, it's another price-range-recommendation-thread. Last post on 3/23/11 at 8:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
E-Q5 or se425post #1 of 115/27/11 at 3:38amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 115/27/11 at 5:24ampost #3 of 115/27/11 at 7:25ampost #4 of 115/27/11 at 10:29am
+2... good summary.
Quote:post #5 of 115/27/11 at 11:04am
Plus with the eq-5's you get a nice tin can to keep them in .
If you want deep harmonic bass reproduction in some of your "all genres" look else where ! if you don't then they sound fine .post #6 of 114/28/12 at 5:21ampost #7 of 114/28/12 at 5:35amQuote:
x4 for the e-q5
i agree shure is more ergonomic but the sound is less than par.post #8 of 114/28/12 at 12:02pmpost #9 of 114/28/12 at 6:29pm
owned the EQ-5, still own the SE425,
In terms of SQ, the EQ-5 is generally more balanced and a safer overall choice.
The SE425 is very mid-centric, and has a love-it or hate-it signature. Excellent for classical, jazz, and vocals, but a bit
bass-shy and lacking for electronic/hip-hop and some rock.
HOWEVER, the EQ-5 have slightly annoying ergonomics (no cable cinch, awkward over-the-ear fit) and they also don't
include a case.
The SE425, by contrast, are much easier to fit.
For me, being on the go and on the subway/bus/train a lot, The EQ-5 were just too cumbersome, even if I like their overall signature. If I were just using them at home, I would definitely pick the EQ-5, but ergonomics are huge for me, and Shure (along with Westone) always seem to capture this best.post #10 of 114/28/12 at 9:29pm
x5 eq-5, my current favourite IEMs. Easiest for a fit, easy to drive, beautiful cable, lovely presentation, minimal sibilance, rounded bass, non-fatiguing.Quote:Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- E-Q5 or se425
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly 32 seconds ago
- › C&C BH2 headphone amp 38 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 40 seconds ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 45 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 1 minute ago
- › Cavalli Liquid Glass using low standard materials? 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)