So these are pretty much the two i'm choosing between. Looking for a balanced sound ideally, good for all genres. What do you guys think?
Related Forum Threads
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- uprgrade/change - Westone 3 vs shure se425 vs ortofon e-q5 vs other options Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which will be a better bet? CK10/SE425/UMX3/DBA02 Last post on 7/13/11 at 6:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Oh, look, it's another price-range-recommendation-thread. Last post on 3/23/11 at 8:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
E-Q5 or se425post #1 of 115/27/11 at 3:38amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 115/27/11 at 5:24ampost #3 of 115/27/11 at 7:25ampost #4 of 115/27/11 at 10:29am
+2... good summary.
Quote:post #5 of 115/27/11 at 11:04am
Plus with the eq-5's you get a nice tin can to keep them in .
If you want deep harmonic bass reproduction in some of your "all genres" look else where ! if you don't then they sound fine .post #6 of 114/28/12 at 5:21ampost #7 of 114/28/12 at 5:35amQuote:
x4 for the e-q5
i agree shure is more ergonomic but the sound is less than par.post #8 of 114/28/12 at 12:02pmpost #9 of 114/28/12 at 6:29pm
owned the EQ-5, still own the SE425,
In terms of SQ, the EQ-5 is generally more balanced and a safer overall choice.
The SE425 is very mid-centric, and has a love-it or hate-it signature. Excellent for classical, jazz, and vocals, but a bit
bass-shy and lacking for electronic/hip-hop and some rock.
HOWEVER, the EQ-5 have slightly annoying ergonomics (no cable cinch, awkward over-the-ear fit) and they also don't
include a case.
The SE425, by contrast, are much easier to fit.
For me, being on the go and on the subway/bus/train a lot, The EQ-5 were just too cumbersome, even if I like their overall signature. If I were just using them at home, I would definitely pick the EQ-5, but ergonomics are huge for me, and Shure (along with Westone) always seem to capture this best.post #10 of 114/28/12 at 9:29pm
x5 eq-5, my current favourite IEMs. Easiest for a fit, easy to drive, beautiful cable, lovely presentation, minimal sibilance, rounded bass, non-fatiguing.Quote:Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- E-Q5 or se425
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Trying to find some nice crisp/clear/crystal clear heahphones 42 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 45 seconds ago
- › Beresford Bushmaster MKII appreciation thread 57 seconds ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Xduoo x2 or Ruizu x02 or Fiio x1? 1 minute ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 3 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U1 - Thoughts? 3 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 4 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3