So these are pretty much the two i'm choosing between. Looking for a balanced sound ideally, good for all genres. What do you guys think?
Related Forum Threads
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- uprgrade/change - Westone 3 vs shure se425 vs ortofon e-q5 vs other options Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which will be a better bet? CK10/SE425/UMX3/DBA02 Last post on 7/13/11 at 6:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Oh, look, it's another price-range-recommendation-thread. Last post on 3/23/11 at 8:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
E-Q5 or se425post #1 of 115/27/11 at 3:38amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 115/27/11 at 5:24ampost #3 of 115/27/11 at 7:25ampost #4 of 115/27/11 at 10:29am
+2... good summary.
Quote:post #5 of 115/27/11 at 11:04am
Plus with the eq-5's you get a nice tin can to keep them in .
If you want deep harmonic bass reproduction in some of your "all genres" look else where ! if you don't then they sound fine .post #6 of 114/28/12 at 5:21ampost #7 of 114/28/12 at 5:35amQuote:
x4 for the e-q5
i agree shure is more ergonomic but the sound is less than par.post #8 of 114/28/12 at 12:02pmpost #9 of 114/28/12 at 6:29pm
owned the EQ-5, still own the SE425,
In terms of SQ, the EQ-5 is generally more balanced and a safer overall choice.
The SE425 is very mid-centric, and has a love-it or hate-it signature. Excellent for classical, jazz, and vocals, but a bit
bass-shy and lacking for electronic/hip-hop and some rock.
HOWEVER, the EQ-5 have slightly annoying ergonomics (no cable cinch, awkward over-the-ear fit) and they also don't
include a case.
The SE425, by contrast, are much easier to fit.
For me, being on the go and on the subway/bus/train a lot, The EQ-5 were just too cumbersome, even if I like their overall signature. If I were just using them at home, I would definitely pick the EQ-5, but ergonomics are huge for me, and Shure (along with Westone) always seem to capture this best.post #10 of 114/28/12 at 9:29pm
x5 eq-5, my current favourite IEMs. Easiest for a fit, easy to drive, beautiful cable, lovely presentation, minimal sibilance, rounded bass, non-fatiguing.Quote:Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- E-Q5 or se425
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Eating burger with fork and knife? 12 seconds ago
- › Monoprice Desktop Headphone Amplifier #11567 1 minute ago
- › BitPerfect (was: Audirvana Alternatives) 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)