So these are pretty much the two i'm choosing between. Looking for a balanced sound ideally, good for all genres. What do you guys think?
Related Forum Threads
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- uprgrade/change - Westone 3 vs shure se425 vs ortofon e-q5 vs other options Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which will be a better bet? CK10/SE425/UMX3/DBA02 Last post on 7/13/11 at 6:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Oh, look, it's another price-range-recommendation-thread. Last post on 3/23/11 at 8:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 4/13/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
E-Q5 or se425post #1 of 115/27/11 at 3:38amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 115/27/11 at 5:24ampost #3 of 115/27/11 at 7:25ampost #4 of 115/27/11 at 10:29am
+2... good summary.
Quote:post #5 of 115/27/11 at 11:04am
Plus with the eq-5's you get a nice tin can to keep them in .
If you want deep harmonic bass reproduction in some of your "all genres" look else where ! if you don't then they sound fine .post #6 of 114/28/12 at 5:21ampost #7 of 114/28/12 at 5:35amQuote:
x4 for the e-q5
i agree shure is more ergonomic but the sound is less than par.post #8 of 114/28/12 at 12:02pmpost #9 of 114/28/12 at 6:29pm
owned the EQ-5, still own the SE425,
In terms of SQ, the EQ-5 is generally more balanced and a safer overall choice.
The SE425 is very mid-centric, and has a love-it or hate-it signature. Excellent for classical, jazz, and vocals, but a bit
bass-shy and lacking for electronic/hip-hop and some rock.
HOWEVER, the EQ-5 have slightly annoying ergonomics (no cable cinch, awkward over-the-ear fit) and they also don't
include a case.
The SE425, by contrast, are much easier to fit.
For me, being on the go and on the subway/bus/train a lot, The EQ-5 were just too cumbersome, even if I like their overall signature. If I were just using them at home, I would definitely pick the EQ-5, but ergonomics are huge for me, and Shure (along with Westone) always seem to capture this best.post #10 of 114/28/12 at 9:29pm
x5 eq-5, my current favourite IEMs. Easiest for a fit, easy to drive, beautiful cable, lovely presentation, minimal sibilance, rounded bass, non-fatiguing.Quote:Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- E-Q5 or se425
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 4 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1 vs HAVI B3 Pro 1? Anyone has both and/or can comment on a... 5 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2