- 455 Posts. Joined 9/2007
- Location: USA
- Select All Posts By This User
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 5/27/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/27/11
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 5/27/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 5/27/11
- productSleek Audio SA6 In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 5/27/11
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 5/27/11
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/27/11
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 5/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Moving on from UM3X - what next? Last post on 6/28/12 at 12:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- EarSonics SM3 or Shure SE535 - a good complement to the Westone UM3x? Last post on 2/5/13 at 9:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Preamble Whilst I have been an audio enthusiast for many years now, I must admit I have never really been all that interested in using any kind of esoteric cables with my systems. I have always...
Preamble: It is finally happening – Brainwavz Audio is making in-ears with Balanced Armature drivers again. After they were introduced to the public few months ago, the two single-BA...
The Lyra, released back in 2014-15 was refreshed along with Campfire Audio's dynamic and hybrid lineup as the Lyra II, and is a personal single dynamic driver favourite. We would like to thank...
They are re-branded Takstar Pro's with a mic attachment. Very good pair of headphones for the price, readily available and frequently on sale even here in Canada. The bass on these is...
Worth the money for anyone wanting a cheap pair of headphones. Won't blow anyone away but for $40 you can't do much better. Build quality is lacking and the cables really suck, so these do have...
Is there life after Westone4 ? - Page 2post #16 of 242/7/13 at 7:38pm^ tg334 is so much better than w4. No comparison there.. I, myself, am a previous owner of w4. Also you might want to check 1plus2 out
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 242/7/13 at 8:00pmpost #18 of 242/7/13 at 8:34pm
I found the Westone 4 boring as well. I am currently enjoying the Heir 4.Ai a lot. To my untrained ears, the Heirs have the clarity and soundstage of the W4s, but with more sparkle.post #19 of 242/7/13 at 8:35pmI also found the W4s to be boring. I am currently enjoying the Heir 4.Ai. To my ears, the Heirs have the clarity and soundstage I liked in the W4s, but more sparkle and tighter bass.post #20 of 242/7/13 at 9:06pmQuote:
Yes imo w4 is more neutral while with tg334 I feel that the midrange presentation is a bit forward.post #21 of 242/8/13 at 12:21ampost #22 of 242/8/13 at 12:42am
and for i my self, its TOO forward.... i sill prefer the w4's to More expensive 334... but no means w4 is the best. how about the new IE800 ? K3003??
Edited by Sylaw - 2/8/13 at 12:44ampost #23 of 242/8/13 at 2:40amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is there life after Westone4 ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › Ears problem with headphones, please help 2 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 4 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 6 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 7 minutes ago
- › All same price. For sound quality choose one - Fiios X5 or iBasso... 7 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 9 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 10 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by Peddler
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by HiFiChris
- › Campfire Audio Lyra II by alffla
- › Kingston Headset KHX-H3CL/WR HyperX Cloud Headset Black Retail by tproc
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by tproc
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5 by NCSUZoSo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by FortisFlyer75
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by twister6
- › Brainwavz B150 by B9Scrambler
- › Cayin i5 by howdy
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear