New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vinyl is back! - Page 3

post #31 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by johangrb View Post

http://www.psfk.com/2011/05/the-return-of-vinyl-infographic.html/

 

Are you in?


Yup, I've lost count of the TT's I've owned.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by bcasey25raptor View Post

Is there really a difference between a CD and a vinyl disc?


Yes, I have the same song on CD and twelve-inch 45rpm vinyl.  One day I played both, the vinyl was the clear winner, and the margin was NOT small.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dminches View Post

If you really want to hear how well a high end headphone setup can sound, listen to an LP. You will never go back.

 

The best audio I ever heard was vinyl played back thru tubes and modded Yamaha YH-1's.  
 

 


Edited by Lazarus Short - 5/31/11 at 3:35pm
post #32 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus Short View Post

 

The best audio I ever heard was vinyl played back thru tubes and modded Yamaha YH-1's.  
 

 



That is literally the most head-fi hipster thing that I've ever seen posted (in hipster/word count density).

post #33 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by logwed View Post





That is literally the most head-fi hipster thing that I've ever seen posted (in hipster/word count density).



Whose leg are you trying to pull?

 

post #34 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Erik View Post

Borgbox, you are aware that SACD is encrypted and that the encryption has never been broken, right?

You cannot simply rip a SACD. You need the physical disc and a SACD player.


Encryption is not broken yet but can be bypassed now: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=86151 and  http://code.google.com/p/sacd-ripper/

 


Edited by francisdemarte - 6/2/11 at 7:02pm
post #35 of 38

Again, just making it another vehicle for computer data.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by francisdemarte View Post





Encryption is not broken yet but can be bypassed now: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=86151 and  http://code.google.com/p/sacd-ripper/

 

 

 

Speaking of vinyl, BAM:

 

DSCF0347.JPG

 

DSCF0360.JPG

 

DSCF0351.JPG
 

 


Edited by Borgbox - 6/2/11 at 10:45pm
post #36 of 38
You can do a lot better for vinyl than an Audio-Technica table.

A lot of the pleasure comes from actually spinning discs, not playing needledrops.
Edited by Uncle Erik - 6/2/11 at 11:53pm
post #37 of 38

Not on my budget, you can't lol. I'll love it when I can upgrade but for now I'm in love with this table. biggrin.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Erik View Post

You can do a lot better for vinyl than an Audio-Technica table.
 


 

post #38 of 38
Yep, vinyl is expensive if you want to do it right. Just like running tubes.

You can get in cheap, but the best will cost you.

Too bad solid state and digital don't have the same status. They can be wonderful on a budget.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home