I'd be interested in your feedback. I dont envision going balanced, and I bought the 262s for their single-ended reputation, but it would be good to hear from someone who has actually used them in their intended configuration.
- productDouble Helix Cables Toucan PB1 Balanced Adaptertagged by System, 6/9/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 5/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/26/11
- productIbasso PB 2 Pelicantagged by System, 6/9/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 5/26/11
- productRay Samuels Audio Emmeline SR-71B Balanced Amptagged by System, 6/9/11
Related Forum Threads
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 5/12/14 at 7:39pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions Last post on 6/29/14 at 8:09am in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso DB-2, the Boomslang 2 with dual dacs and 24/196 input. 1st 10 sales to Japanese Tsunami... Last post on 9/13/11 at 7:33pm in Portable Source Gear
- Best portable amp for driving demanding over ear cans? Last post on 3/4/11 at 10:54am in Portable Headphone Amps
- as of 3/1/11, which portable amp would you go with? Last post on 3/6/11 at 7:47am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
- Headphone Impedance
Anyone using RE262 with a balanced portable amp ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Looks like I'm going to have to buy the PB1, if I can work out how I'm supposed to connect the 3.5mm balanced adapter on the 262 to the Hirose connection on the iBasso. Do I buy the iBasso connector and split the wires in the HiFiMan adapter ? Apologies for my gross ignorance here, but I'm completely lost re balanced amps.
I am using mine with Stepdance - not a real balanced output, but I do have balanced output on HM801 and I can confirm Stepdance sounds really close to a true balanced output. I can't use RE262 on HM801 balanced out as mine is the first sample batch that doesn't come with TRRS plug.
Anyway, I'll say RE262 doesn't really need to be driven by balanced amp. All it needs is a neutral and transparent amp. RE272 on the other hand does improved from balanced amped.
- Anyone using RE262 with a balanced portable amp ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 28 seconds ago
- › Replacement Pads for Audio Technica ATH-M50S Questions 40 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 44 seconds ago
- › NOOB: DAC-AMP Recommendations under $350 58 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Recommend new headphones 1 minute ago
- › Lear BD4.2 impressions and appreciation thread + Australian tour 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600) 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)