I'd be interested in your feedback. I dont envision going balanced, and I bought the 262s for their single-ended reputation, but it would be good to hear from someone who has actually used them in their intended configuration.
- productDouble Helix Cables Toucan PB1 Balanced Adaptertagged by System, 6/9/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 5/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/26/11
- productIbasso PB 2 Pelicantagged by System, 6/9/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 5/26/11
- productRay Samuels Audio Emmeline SR-71B Balanced Amptagged by System, 6/9/11
Related Forum Threads
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 10/9/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions Last post on 5/20/15 at 10:37pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso DB-2, the Boomslang 2 with dual dacs and 24/196 input. 1st 10 sales to Japanese Tsunami... Last post on 9/1/14 at 12:01pm in Portable Source Gear
- Best portable amp for driving demanding over ear cans? Last post on 3/4/11 at 10:54am in Portable Headphone Amps
- as of 3/1/11, which portable amp would you go with? Last post on 3/6/11 at 7:47am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Creative's Sound Blaster E1 If you want to cover your bases with a do-all headphone accessory, the E1 is a good start. Affordable, well featured, inexpensive, the E1 is Creative's entry-level...
Firstly like to thank Chuck from 1964 Ears for organising the Pendulumic Stance S1+ headphones for this review. Pendulumic is a relatively new company in the headphone world, and...
Introduction: RHA is a fairly new audio company that has made quite a splash recently with their MA750 and T10 IEMs. RHA has recently announced their new T20 IEM which is due to be released...
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Anyone using RE262 with a balanced portable amp ?post #1 of 65/24/11 at 11:18pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 66/1/11 at 9:40ampost #3 of 66/1/11 at 4:07pmThread Starterpost #4 of 610/16/11 at 12:00amThread Starter
Looks like I'm going to have to buy the PB1, if I can work out how I'm supposed to connect the 3.5mm balanced adapter on the 262 to the Hirose connection on the iBasso. Do I buy the iBasso connector and split the wires in the HiFiMan adapter ? Apologies for my gross ignorance here, but I'm completely lost re balanced amps.post #5 of 610/16/11 at 9:14am
I am using mine with Stepdance - not a real balanced output, but I do have balanced output on HM801 and I can confirm Stepdance sounds really close to a true balanced output. I can't use RE262 on HM801 balanced out as mine is the first sample batch that doesn't come with TRRS plug.
Anyway, I'll say RE262 doesn't really need to be driven by balanced amp. All it needs is a neutral and transparent amp. RE272 on the other hand does improved from balanced amped.
- Anyone using RE262 with a balanced portable amp ?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 12 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › K5, FiiO's new docking desktop amp. How do you like it? Update... 5 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (Reviewed: #8:CT6E, #7:H8P,... 6 minutes ago
- › Superlux Express Train 7 minutes ago
- › Definitive technology (DefTech) symphony 1 7 minutes ago
- › $500 iem vs $500 headphones? 8 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless 11 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 14 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)