I'd be interested in your feedback. I dont envision going balanced, and I bought the 262s for their single-ended reputation, but it would be good to hear from someone who has actually used them in their intended configuration.
- productDouble Helix Cables Toucan PB1 Balanced Adaptertagged by System, 6/9/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 5/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/26/11
- productIbasso PB 2 Pelicantagged by System, 6/9/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 5/26/11
- productRay Samuels Audio Emmeline SR-71B Balanced Amptagged by System, 6/9/11
Related Forum Threads
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 10/9/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions Last post on Today at 10:45 pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso DB-2, the Boomslang 2 with dual dacs and 24/196 input. 1st 10 sales to Japanese Tsunami... Last post on 9/1/14 at 12:01pm in Portable Source Gear
- Best portable amp for driving demanding over ear cans? Last post on 3/4/11 at 10:54am in Portable Headphone Amps
- as of 3/1/11, which portable amp would you go with? Last post on 3/6/11 at 7:47am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a few years, wireless...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
Anyone using RE262 with a balanced portable amp ?post #1 of 65/24/11 at 11:18pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 66/1/11 at 9:40ampost #3 of 66/1/11 at 4:07pmThread Starterpost #4 of 610/16/11 at 12:00amThread Starter
Looks like I'm going to have to buy the PB1, if I can work out how I'm supposed to connect the 3.5mm balanced adapter on the 262 to the Hirose connection on the iBasso. Do I buy the iBasso connector and split the wires in the HiFiMan adapter ? Apologies for my gross ignorance here, but I'm completely lost re balanced amps.post #5 of 610/16/11 at 9:14am
I am using mine with Stepdance - not a real balanced output, but I do have balanced output on HM801 and I can confirm Stepdance sounds really close to a true balanced output. I can't use RE262 on HM801 balanced out as mine is the first sample batch that doesn't come with TRRS plug.
Anyway, I'll say RE262 doesn't really need to be driven by balanced amp. All it needs is a neutral and transparent amp. RE272 on the other hand does improved from balanced amped.
- Anyone using RE262 with a balanced portable amp ?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 31 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 49 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 4 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 4 minutes ago
- › Help Choosing IEM's 5 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 9 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 9 minutes ago
- › a step up from shure se215 iem? in the 50$-90$ range? 9 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2