I'd be interested in your feedback. I dont envision going balanced, and I bought the 262s for their single-ended reputation, but it would be good to hear from someone who has actually used them in their intended configuration.
- productDouble Helix Cables Toucan PB1 Balanced Adaptertagged by System, 6/9/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 5/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/26/11
- productIbasso PB 2 Pelicantagged by System, 6/9/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 5/26/11
- productRay Samuels Audio Emmeline SR-71B Balanced Amptagged by System, 6/9/11
Related Forum Threads
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 10/9/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions Last post on 1/13/16 at 10:49am in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso DB-2, the Boomslang 2 with dual dacs and 24/196 input. 1st 10 sales to Japanese Tsunami... Last post on 9/1/14 at 12:01pm in Portable Source Gear
- Best portable amp for driving demanding over ear cans? Last post on 3/4/11 at 10:54am in Portable Headphone Amps
- as of 3/1/11, which portable amp would you go with? Last post on 3/6/11 at 7:47am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 12/22/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Looking down at the vast landscape of Head-Fi and audio technology in general, I have noticed quite a few things over the past two years. Firstly, the crazy products,...
Introduction – It can be hard to find a rational reason to purchase a set of bookshelf speakers when there are so many fantastic computer out there that offer more features and similar sound...
Gear references Favourite: D2000 (balanced with sub-bass and upper-midrange emphasis) Neutrality: SRH940 (though with a slight treble emphasis) IEM reference: Aurisonics...
Anyone using RE262 with a balanced portable amp ?post #1 of 65/24/11 at 11:18pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 66/1/11 at 9:40ampost #3 of 66/1/11 at 4:07pmThread Starterpost #4 of 610/16/11 at 12:00amThread Starter
Looks like I'm going to have to buy the PB1, if I can work out how I'm supposed to connect the 3.5mm balanced adapter on the 262 to the Hirose connection on the iBasso. Do I buy the iBasso connector and split the wires in the HiFiMan adapter ? Apologies for my gross ignorance here, but I'm completely lost re balanced amps.post #5 of 610/16/11 at 9:14am
I am using mine with Stepdance - not a real balanced output, but I do have balanced output on HM801 and I can confirm Stepdance sounds really close to a true balanced output. I can't use RE262 on HM801 balanced out as mine is the first sample batch that doesn't come with TRRS plug.
Anyway, I'll say RE262 doesn't really need to be driven by balanced amp. All it needs is a neutral and transparent amp. RE272 on the other hand does improved from balanced amped.
- Anyone using RE262 with a balanced portable amp ?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › TIDAL is coming to Astell&Kern players! 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 4 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 6 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 6 minutes ago
- › HD598 with the comfort of the Philips X2 Fidelio 6 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Gigaset Earphones by B9Scrambler
- › OPPO HA-2 by ryanjsoo
- › TFZ Series 1 by Hisoundfi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...