Not sure how virtual speaker effects are working but if you use this config and dolby headphone then you must disable Dolby Headphone on either foobar2000 or the soundcard or else you get it twice applied which will result in much more reverb and exaggerated sound processing.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- First audio rig, need some help. Last post on 9/20/12 at 12:06pm in Computer Audio
- S/PDIF Setting when used with external DAC? Last post on 7/12/12 at 12:01am in Computer Audio
- Connect Computer to HiFi system Last post on 7/23/12 at 5:25pm in Computer Audio
- New MacBook Pro (Retina), PC 360s and what DAC? Last post on 6/24/12 at 4:32am in Computer Audio
- New DAC for PC Last post on 6/20/12 at 1:11am in Computer Audio
This is my second attempt at a review of the Brainwavz S5, my first attempt ended up in the bin yesterday, as I was looking at it from the wrong angle (some forum members wanted a comparison to...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
Foobar2000 Dolby Headphone config - Comment & discuss! - Page 49
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I wish there was. I've been working with very similar configs that works roughly the same, only had to swap the channel mixer for something else but it involved using an advanced VST host config. Frankly I don't remember exactly all details of that anymore but it was just too much of a PITA to start it all the time when windows launches. Skyrim sounded quite nice though I remember. :)
You have to set the game audio to 5.1. For movies I upmix 5.1 to 7.1 (just redirecting the RS/RS Channels to 50% to RB/LB Channels) using ffdshow in MPC-HC. I also use the "Equalizer-APO". This is a very good multichannel equalizer that can be used with every system sound (not with WASAPI or ASIO).
just to be clear, so even though im using a pair of headphones, i change the game's internal audio setting to 5.1 whilst using the xonar dhoby engine?
also, i'm new to all these things, could you rephrase the above sentence in layman terms and how to go about doing them? Also about the program equalizer APO?
Yes, Dolby Headphone (DH) will play virtual 7.1 on your headphones if you input a 7.1 signal .
If you input a 5.1 signal DH plays virtual 5.1 and if you input 2.0 DH plays virtual 2.0,....
You also have to change the channel setting at your xonar audio card to 7.1, 5.1, 2.0, depending on your audio source channels.
sorry for my english, I greet all.
I have a headphone AKG K 280 with the V-DAC II. I do not feel so much vaccations between foobar and one configured for normal headphones that I downloaded from here, why?
- Foobar2000 Dolby Headphone config - Comment & discuss!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Beyerdynamic T1 headphones, mint condition 27 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 43 seconds ago
- › FS: Philips SHP9500 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 3 minutes ago
- › Need help for choosing overear headphones with large soundstage for... 4 minutes ago
- › ***PRICE DROP*** Audio-Technica ATH-W3000ANV 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Duncan
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)