Not sure how virtual speaker effects are working but if you use this config and dolby headphone then you must disable Dolby Headphone on either foobar2000 or the soundcard or else you get it twice applied which will result in much more reverb and exaggerated sound processing.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- First audio rig, need some help. Last post on 9/20/12 at 12:06pm in Computer Audio
- S/PDIF Setting when used with external DAC? Last post on 7/12/12 at 12:01am in Computer Audio
- Connect Computer to HiFi system Last post on 7/23/12 at 5:25pm in Computer Audio
- New MacBook Pro (Retina), PC 360s and what DAC? Last post on 6/24/12 at 4:32am in Computer Audio
- New DAC for PC Last post on 6/20/12 at 1:11am in Computer Audio
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Foobar2000 Dolby Headphone config - Comment & discuss! - Page 49
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I wish there was. I've been working with very similar configs that works roughly the same, only had to swap the channel mixer for something else but it involved using an advanced VST host config. Frankly I don't remember exactly all details of that anymore but it was just too much of a PITA to start it all the time when windows launches. Skyrim sounded quite nice though I remember. :)
You have to set the game audio to 5.1. For movies I upmix 5.1 to 7.1 (just redirecting the RS/RS Channels to 50% to RB/LB Channels) using ffdshow in MPC-HC. I also use the "Equalizer-APO". This is a very good multichannel equalizer that can be used with every system sound (not with WASAPI or ASIO).
just to be clear, so even though im using a pair of headphones, i change the game's internal audio setting to 5.1 whilst using the xonar dhoby engine?
also, i'm new to all these things, could you rephrase the above sentence in layman terms and how to go about doing them? Also about the program equalizer APO?
Yes, Dolby Headphone (DH) will play virtual 7.1 on your headphones if you input a 7.1 signal .
If you input a 5.1 signal DH plays virtual 5.1 and if you input 2.0 DH plays virtual 2.0,....
You also have to change the channel setting at your xonar audio card to 7.1, 5.1, 2.0, depending on your audio source channels.
sorry for my english, I greet all.
I have a headphone AKG K 280 with the V-DAC II. I do not feel so much vaccations between foobar and one configured for normal headphones that I downloaded from here, why?
This is awesome, thanks for the hardwork and sharing this with us. Somehow the laidback version doesnt work on mine, it stutters and distorts I am not sure why, maybe software incompatibilities.
And I wanna know can this be enabled and disabled easily?
Is everything from the config turned off when you remove everything from the dsp list? or is there more? I agree with the previous poster, it's too bright with my AKG K550's and the only change I notice is a grating, slim sound and reduced gain on every frequency it feels like (reduced by a lot i should add). I don't know how this could sound optimal for all headphones. I find after using it that, logically, optimal would just be a dsp-less foobar, for my headphones at least. I think it's meant to work with dark headphones. Thanks for making this guide though, was worth a try.
Edited by DreamKing - 9/13/14 at 3:04am
- Foobar2000 Dolby Headphone config - Comment & discuss!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › SR60-Mod part II 16 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Yulong DA8 (Silver) in EXCELLENT condition! 4 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 5 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 5 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!) 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 7 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)