Not sure how virtual speaker effects are working but if you use this config and dolby headphone then you must disable Dolby Headphone on either foobar2000 or the soundcard or else you get it twice applied which will result in much more reverb and exaggerated sound processing.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- First audio rig, need some help. Last post on 9/20/12 at 12:06pm in Computer Audio
- S/PDIF Setting when used with external DAC? Last post on 7/12/12 at 12:01am in Computer Audio
- Connect Computer to HiFi system Last post on 7/23/12 at 5:25pm in Computer Audio
- New MacBook Pro (Retina), PC 360s and what DAC? Last post on 6/24/12 at 4:32am in Computer Audio
- New DAC for PC Last post on 6/20/12 at 1:11am in Computer Audio
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
Foobar2000 Dolby Headphone config - Comment & discuss! - Page 49
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I wish there was. I've been working with very similar configs that works roughly the same, only had to swap the channel mixer for something else but it involved using an advanced VST host config. Frankly I don't remember exactly all details of that anymore but it was just too much of a PITA to start it all the time when windows launches. Skyrim sounded quite nice though I remember. :)
You have to set the game audio to 5.1. For movies I upmix 5.1 to 7.1 (just redirecting the RS/RS Channels to 50% to RB/LB Channels) using ffdshow in MPC-HC. I also use the "Equalizer-APO". This is a very good multichannel equalizer that can be used with every system sound (not with WASAPI or ASIO).
just to be clear, so even though im using a pair of headphones, i change the game's internal audio setting to 5.1 whilst using the xonar dhoby engine?
also, i'm new to all these things, could you rephrase the above sentence in layman terms and how to go about doing them? Also about the program equalizer APO?
Yes, Dolby Headphone (DH) will play virtual 7.1 on your headphones if you input a 7.1 signal .
If you input a 5.1 signal DH plays virtual 5.1 and if you input 2.0 DH plays virtual 2.0,....
You also have to change the channel setting at your xonar audio card to 7.1, 5.1, 2.0, depending on your audio source channels.
sorry for my english, I greet all.
I have a headphone AKG K 280 with the V-DAC II. I do not feel so much vaccations between foobar and one configured for normal headphones that I downloaded from here, why?
- Foobar2000 Dolby Headphone config - Comment & discuss!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 21 seconds ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 56 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread (Preliminary Impressions) 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Welcome everyone! Let's introduce ourselves! :) 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 3 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Notes: FiiO E10K & E11K (based on pre-production/beta engineering... 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 3 minutes ago
- › New to Full size headphones and need helpful advice on choosing a... 4 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)