I think I finally found my true love, haha.....just picked up a second hand hd580 and this is the way music is supposed to sound!! Man the Beatles never sounded better....classic Miles Davis, etc., etc. The k702 won't be getting any head time for a while....at least for casual listening....still a good mixing tool. A big thanks to all the Head-fi'ers who recommended these cans so highly! I finally hear the low end the way it should sound....imo, that is. Back to the music....:)
Related Forum Threads
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some help on what to get. Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650, the veil is gone! Last post on 10/20/11 at 9:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for open can with shimmery highs, liquid-ness, great vocal intelligibility, and impedance... Last post on 10/11/11 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- t50p, DT880, (T1?), SR225i (with end choice...!) Last post on 10/5/11 at 1:08am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Incipio F38 Remember the famous budget cans, the RP-HTF600? They we're great once modded, and so are these! So let's talk. This won't be a Super Detailed Review. Overall Sound: Highs...
wouldn't recommend if you're going to pay for $100 or above. Reasonable price should have been around $70. The only selling point is the open soundstage, would make a goid pair for movies or...
Just purchased these to see if the review-ratings were any close to reality. Quite a bit yeah. I thought it's good to have them with you if you want to occasionally let a friend listen with...
I think I'm in love :)post #1 of 565/23/11 at 10:05amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 565/23/11 at 10:15ampost #3 of 565/23/11 at 10:22amThread Starter
Hey fishski, long time no speak! Did you ever give these cans much head time....or the hd600? It sure is nice to get rid of that upper mid/treble resonant peak of the 702. I like the warmth of the senns too....probably what I need with a relatively bright source and amp.post #4 of 565/23/11 at 10:53ampost #5 of 565/23/11 at 11:05am
never the HD580. the no-brainer recommendation for an excellent all-rounder is the HD600 or K601. like a golden retriever, nothing offensive.
post #6 of 565/23/11 at 11:17ampost #7 of 565/23/11 at 1:32pmThread Starter
True...they're a bit rolled off in the highs, but they never bite your ear off either.(good dog!) I'd prefer a bit relaxed over the other extreme any day. I'll never let go of the DT48...the mids just blow me away every time I put them on.....but they're too rolled off in the lows...and they're closed and VERY uncomfortable.
Quote:post #8 of 565/23/11 at 1:48pm
if by 580 you mean "Swbf2cheater" then yes, I agree I am very attractive ty, but I am not sure if i am okay with someone loving me without taking me to dinner first. Lol, jk
im happy to hear that you enjoy a piece of gear so much, always puts a smile on my facepost #9 of 565/23/11 at 2:44pmQuote:
Handcheck.post #10 of 565/23/11 at 3:54pmThread StarterQuote:
After the 702, the senns really put a smile on my face too. Plus, the AKG's never did electronica right, imo....these do the low end a lot better. Have no idea what the rest of your post means...
post #11 of 565/23/11 at 5:36pmQuote:
It sounds like it will be similar to the HD598. Headfonia has said that these are voiced similar to a AKG K501, but better in almost every aspect. From what I hear from the HD598, I at least have to say they are one of my favorite sounding headphones that I have heard. It has a much more balanced midrange while still having a wide soundstage.post #12 of 565/23/11 at 6:29pmpost #13 of 565/23/11 at 6:34pmpost #14 of 565/23/11 at 6:37pmThread StarterQuote:
No need for jealousy....the 702 gets more than her share of love from other head-fi'ers....,maybe more than she deserves.. Mine may have to find herself a new home soon....or maybe I'll just have a harem.
post #15 of 565/23/11 at 6:43pmQuote:
Lejaz, you dawg!
- I think I'm in love :)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Nation Over-Ear (für iPhone/iPad/iPod),... 19 seconds ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 26 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship Redux 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Oh man! I just found out that the AKG K7xx is not available for... 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone recommendation 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2