I think I finally found my true love, haha.....just picked up a second hand hd580 and this is the way music is supposed to sound!! Man the Beatles never sounded better....classic Miles Davis, etc., etc. The k702 won't be getting any head time for a while....at least for casual listening....still a good mixing tool. A big thanks to all the Head-fi'ers who recommended these cans so highly! I finally hear the low end the way it should sound....imo, that is. Back to the music....:)
Related Forum Threads
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some help on what to get. Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650, the veil is gone! Last post on 10/20/11 at 9:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for open can with shimmery highs, liquid-ness, great vocal intelligibility, and impedance... Last post on 10/11/11 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- t50p, DT880, (T1?), SR225i (with end choice...!) Last post on 10/5/11 at 1:08am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Just some background stuff before the review...this is the second source i have owned dedicated to music (i.e not listening to music off my iphone) so i don't have much experience with high end...
I recently got the AK 100 II after dabbling with a phone based stack. Alternate setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 FIIO E18 + PowerAmp Pro (Cost: 2.99€) + iSyncr (Cost: 3.99€) + Stream to...
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I think I'm in love :)post #1 of 565/23/11 at 10:05amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 565/23/11 at 10:15ampost #3 of 565/23/11 at 10:22amThread Starter
Hey fishski, long time no speak! Did you ever give these cans much head time....or the hd600? It sure is nice to get rid of that upper mid/treble resonant peak of the 702. I like the warmth of the senns too....probably what I need with a relatively bright source and amp.post #4 of 565/23/11 at 10:53ampost #5 of 565/23/11 at 11:05am
never the HD580. the no-brainer recommendation for an excellent all-rounder is the HD600 or K601. like a golden retriever, nothing offensive.
post #6 of 565/23/11 at 11:17ampost #7 of 565/23/11 at 1:32pmThread Starter
True...they're a bit rolled off in the highs, but they never bite your ear off either.(good dog!) I'd prefer a bit relaxed over the other extreme any day. I'll never let go of the DT48...the mids just blow me away every time I put them on.....but they're too rolled off in the lows...and they're closed and VERY uncomfortable.
Quote:post #8 of 565/23/11 at 1:48pm
if by 580 you mean "Swbf2cheater" then yes, I agree I am very attractive ty, but I am not sure if i am okay with someone loving me without taking me to dinner first. Lol, jk
im happy to hear that you enjoy a piece of gear so much, always puts a smile on my facepost #9 of 565/23/11 at 2:44pmQuote:
Handcheck.post #10 of 565/23/11 at 3:54pmThread StarterQuote:
After the 702, the senns really put a smile on my face too. Plus, the AKG's never did electronica right, imo....these do the low end a lot better. Have no idea what the rest of your post means...
post #11 of 565/23/11 at 5:36pmQuote:
It sounds like it will be similar to the HD598. Headfonia has said that these are voiced similar to a AKG K501, but better in almost every aspect. From what I hear from the HD598, I at least have to say they are one of my favorite sounding headphones that I have heard. It has a much more balanced midrange while still having a wide soundstage.post #12 of 565/23/11 at 6:29pmpost #13 of 565/23/11 at 6:34pmpost #14 of 565/23/11 at 6:37pmThread StarterQuote:
No need for jealousy....the 702 gets more than her share of love from other head-fi'ers....,maybe more than she deserves.. Mine may have to find herself a new home soon....or maybe I'll just have a harem.
post #15 of 565/23/11 at 6:43pmQuote:
Lejaz, you dawg!
- I think I'm in love :)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Andy Regan Appointed President of Jerry Harvey Audio! 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.085 . . . . 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! ... 5 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 6 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @... 9 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)