I think I finally found my true love, haha.....just picked up a second hand hd580 and this is the way music is supposed to sound!! Man the Beatles never sounded better....classic Miles Davis, etc., etc. The k702 won't be getting any head time for a while....at least for casual listening....still a good mixing tool. A big thanks to all the Head-fi'ers who recommended these cans so highly! I finally hear the low end the way it should sound....imo, that is. Back to the music....:)
Related Forum Threads
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some help on what to get. Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650, the veil is gone! Last post on 10/20/11 at 9:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for open can with shimmery highs, liquid-ness, great vocal intelligibility, and impedance... Last post on 10/11/11 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- t50p, DT880, (T1?), SR225i (with end choice...!) Last post on 10/5/11 at 1:08am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I use them continuously: during the commuting in the subway, on the plane, at home and in the office for my conference calls. I was expecting much lower musical quality from a BT can, but actually...
I spend my working days far from home and I was looking for something compact with two specific characteristics: keep the same feeling that I have when I listen to the Sennheiser HD650 driven by...
Best i-Device portable DAC ever listened to, very neutral and smooth like from a desktop DAC. Currently using it with my iPod touch 5 (Yes, it's support lightinig connector). I will prefer filter...
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
I think I'm in love :)post #1 of 565/23/11 at 10:05amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 565/23/11 at 10:15ampost #3 of 565/23/11 at 10:22amThread Starter
Hey fishski, long time no speak! Did you ever give these cans much head time....or the hd600? It sure is nice to get rid of that upper mid/treble resonant peak of the 702. I like the warmth of the senns too....probably what I need with a relatively bright source and amp.post #4 of 565/23/11 at 10:53ampost #5 of 565/23/11 at 11:05am
never the HD580. the no-brainer recommendation for an excellent all-rounder is the HD600 or K601. like a golden retriever, nothing offensive.
post #6 of 565/23/11 at 11:17ampost #7 of 565/23/11 at 1:32pmThread Starter
True...they're a bit rolled off in the highs, but they never bite your ear off either.(good dog!) I'd prefer a bit relaxed over the other extreme any day. I'll never let go of the DT48...the mids just blow me away every time I put them on.....but they're too rolled off in the lows...and they're closed and VERY uncomfortable.
Quote:post #8 of 565/23/11 at 1:48pm
if by 580 you mean "Swbf2cheater" then yes, I agree I am very attractive ty, but I am not sure if i am okay with someone loving me without taking me to dinner first. Lol, jk
im happy to hear that you enjoy a piece of gear so much, always puts a smile on my facepost #9 of 565/23/11 at 2:44pmQuote:
Handcheck.post #10 of 565/23/11 at 3:54pmThread StarterQuote:
After the 702, the senns really put a smile on my face too. Plus, the AKG's never did electronica right, imo....these do the low end a lot better. Have no idea what the rest of your post means...
post #11 of 565/23/11 at 5:36pmQuote:
It sounds like it will be similar to the HD598. Headfonia has said that these are voiced similar to a AKG K501, but better in almost every aspect. From what I hear from the HD598, I at least have to say they are one of my favorite sounding headphones that I have heard. It has a much more balanced midrange while still having a wide soundstage.post #12 of 565/23/11 at 6:29pmpost #13 of 565/23/11 at 6:34pmpost #14 of 565/23/11 at 6:37pmThread StarterQuote:
No need for jealousy....the 702 gets more than her share of love from other head-fi'ers....,maybe more than she deserves.. Mine may have to find herself a new home soon....or maybe I'll just have a harem.
post #15 of 565/23/11 at 6:43pmQuote:
Lejaz, you dawg!
- I think I'm in love :)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 just now
- › In favor of double ES9018M2K or single ES9018? 53 seconds ago
- › fiio x5 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Asgard, Schiit Bifrost USB 2 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 2 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 2 minutes ago
- › Rock and games over ear headphones for $300 3 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review 3 minutes ago
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › Sennheiser MM 450-X Wireless Bluetooth Headphones by Faber65
- › iFi iDAC DAC / headphone Amplifier by Faber65
- › Fostex HP-P1 by Jensenchua
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob