I think I finally found my true love, haha.....just picked up a second hand hd580 and this is the way music is supposed to sound!! Man the Beatles never sounded better....classic Miles Davis, etc., etc. The k702 won't be getting any head time for a while....at least for casual listening....still a good mixing tool. A big thanks to all the Head-fi'ers who recommended these cans so highly! I finally hear the low end the way it should sound....imo, that is. Back to the music....:)
Related Forum Threads
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some help on what to get. Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650, the veil is gone! Last post on 10/20/11 at 9:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for open can with shimmery highs, liquid-ness, great vocal intelligibility, and impedance... Last post on 10/11/11 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- t50p, DT880, (T1?), SR225i (with end choice...!) Last post on 10/5/11 at 1:08am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Used Schiit Modi & Magni with car sim racing game with Sennheiser HD 598 headphones. Unfortunately, Modi died after 2+ years. Thought warranty was 5 years but found out the hard way it's only 2...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
I think I'm in love :)post #1 of 565/23/11 at 10:05amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 565/23/11 at 10:15ampost #3 of 565/23/11 at 10:22amThread Starter
Hey fishski, long time no speak! Did you ever give these cans much head time....or the hd600? It sure is nice to get rid of that upper mid/treble resonant peak of the 702. I like the warmth of the senns too....probably what I need with a relatively bright source and amp.post #4 of 565/23/11 at 10:53ampost #5 of 565/23/11 at 11:05am
never the HD580. the no-brainer recommendation for an excellent all-rounder is the HD600 or K601. like a golden retriever, nothing offensive.
post #6 of 565/23/11 at 11:17ampost #7 of 565/23/11 at 1:32pmThread Starter
True...they're a bit rolled off in the highs, but they never bite your ear off either.(good dog!) I'd prefer a bit relaxed over the other extreme any day. I'll never let go of the DT48...the mids just blow me away every time I put them on.....but they're too rolled off in the lows...and they're closed and VERY uncomfortable.
Quote:post #8 of 565/23/11 at 1:48pm
if by 580 you mean "Swbf2cheater" then yes, I agree I am very attractive ty, but I am not sure if i am okay with someone loving me without taking me to dinner first. Lol, jk
im happy to hear that you enjoy a piece of gear so much, always puts a smile on my facepost #9 of 565/23/11 at 2:44pmQuote:
Handcheck.post #10 of 565/23/11 at 3:54pmThread StarterQuote:
After the 702, the senns really put a smile on my face too. Plus, the AKG's never did electronica right, imo....these do the low end a lot better. Have no idea what the rest of your post means...
post #11 of 565/23/11 at 5:36pmQuote:
It sounds like it will be similar to the HD598. Headfonia has said that these are voiced similar to a AKG K501, but better in almost every aspect. From what I hear from the HD598, I at least have to say they are one of my favorite sounding headphones that I have heard. It has a much more balanced midrange while still having a wide soundstage.post #12 of 565/23/11 at 6:29pmpost #13 of 565/23/11 at 6:34pmpost #14 of 565/23/11 at 6:37pmThread StarterQuote:
No need for jealousy....the 702 gets more than her share of love from other head-fi'ers....,maybe more than she deserves.. Mine may have to find herself a new home soon....or maybe I'll just have a harem.
post #15 of 565/23/11 at 6:43pmQuote:
Lejaz, you dawg!
- I think I'm in love :)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › HD 600 or 650? 2 minutes ago
- › Acoustic Research M20 Coming soon 2 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Discussion Thread: CampFred Earbuds, QFred... 3 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 5 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 6 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Schiit Modi by Tim Updegrove
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear