Fiio E11 is the obvious choice right now.
- productALO Audio Rx amptagged by System, 5/26/11
- productHeadAmp pico Slim Portable Amptagged by System, 5/26/11
- brandHeadstagetagged by System, 5/26/11
- productLeckerton Audio uha 4 slimline portable amptagged by System, 5/26/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 5/26/11
- productRay Samuels THE SHADOWtagged by System, 5/26/11
- productTTVJ Portable (Slim)tagged by System, 5/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need recommendations for VERY PORTABLE amp Last post on 7/30/11 at 7:48pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Would like some advice on choosing a portable amp. + DAC [single unit] Last post on 6/14/13 at 8:51am in Portable Headphone Amps
- RSA Mustang/Shadow, or Headamp Pico Slim + CLAS or HP-P1 for JH16 pros Last post on 7/30/12 at 12:12am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Looking for portable amp for Imod Last post on 3/22/13 at 4:29pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 5/29/13
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
First of all, I gave these a 3 star mostly for their price. At about 9 bucks they are about the cheapest headphones around. I mean, who is going to pass up a deal like that. They are dirt cheap and...
Best slim portable for IEMs? - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 285/29/11 at 3:33pm
I think blasto_brandino might beg to differ :
I got my Fiio E11, I'm not afraid to say it, that is one cheap POS, it looks cheap, it feels cheap, I should have gone for an E7, the aluminum and plexiglass would have probably had a better feel to it. Dunno about sound quality though, I'm thinking of doing another full on comparison this time between the E11 and the PA2V2, we'll see.
Just one person's opinion, but counter to the massive hype around the E11 atm. I think he needs to give it more time, esp. since early impressions of the uHA-4 were equally unflattering.post #18 of 285/30/11 at 12:47am
It is cheap, thick too, nearly twice as thick as an arrow, there are MANY other offerings out there that are superior, the Leckerton or the TTVJ slim (which share a similar case, the TTVJ is simply longer) are good, the arrow works good, but I have yet to hear the 4g.
(Blasto_Brandino, is about to be encased in ice, for that is what happens to neanderthal dinosaurs who think like that, that and this crazy girl pushed him off the edge), I'm still hammering out some account issues before this account takes over
Edited by BattleBrat - 5/30/11 at 12:49ampost #19 of 285/30/11 at 5:11pmpost #20 of 285/30/11 at 6:05pm
I meant the E11 *Felt* cheap, The E7 I'm told feels good, I dunno about the E11's SQ, I haven't listened to it yet, if I do a comparison to the PA2V2 I'll have to sell my PA2V2 and buy a new one so that both amps are new.. I think I'd rather compare the Zen Head to the L3 when it arrives...post #21 of 285/30/11 at 6:31pm
Whoa - you gave the amp a serve without even *hearing* it ? Methinks that is somewhat cruel and unusual punishment for Fiio, particularly after you gave the uHA-4 a glowing recommendation for the way its SQ is so much better than its external appearance. Given a choice between the form-over-function and function-over-form, I'll take 'ugly but interesting' 9 times out of 10.
Still waiting for both my amps - the tracking on the Leckerton tells me it cleared Customs on Sunday night, so they must have put it on a donkey for the remainder of the journey to my place.post #22 of 285/30/11 at 6:33pm
I scolded the UHA-4 for it's "prison like" appearance but it didn't feel cheap, it just looked rough the Fiio is two thin tin shells around a silver plastic frame, one good drop it is not gonna look so pretty.
Edited by BattleBrat - 5/30/11 at 7:27pmpost #23 of 285/30/11 at 6:37pm
Yes, the treble boost actually brings up the clarity and transparency of the Arrow. What the actual treble boost level will be on the final board is unknown though. I do like the sample board so far.
The Arrow, Leckerton, TTVJ and Pico Slim are the ones to look at here IMO. Haven't heard the mk2 but the ALO RX mk 1 didn't really impress me for the price over the Arrow or Leckerton. I also found it to have more emphasis in sweetening the treble and bass over the mids. The mids aren't recessed but the treble and bass just give you more of a sense of richness which for me detracts from the overall balance. Some might prefer it. Mind you, I'm not referring to FR neutrality necessarily, just sort of a timbre sweetness and slight forwardness on the extremes.post #24 of 285/30/11 at 10:39pmThread StarterThanks!
What I want is, an amp which has neutral and transparent signature with good extension, clarity, accuracy and speed! So far from what I have read there is no such amp in this category like that. Perhaps PICO Slim.
I like what I read about RX MK2 for its sound stage and slightly better treble and bass. All the other amps seems to be midcentric ones and they may not pair with my Westone 4.
I love what I hear about uHA-120. Though it is not slim portable, I am going to buy it for sure. It is being rated as LISA 111 killer! Pretty impressive! Unfortunatley HIFIHEADPHONES do not have them ex-stock.post #25 of 285/30/11 at 11:06pmQuote:
Reinvent? Look at my register date, then look at Blasto_Brandino's, now tell me, who came first?post #26 of 285/30/11 at 11:38pmpost #27 of 286/3/11 at 5:45pmThread Starter
I have ordered uHA-120 for the good impressions it creates with people who got it. Going to sample it merely to see the SQ though the form factor is not the what I was looking for. Perhaps it may replace my Xin reference and I would go for either PICO slim, TTVJ, Leckerton or ALO RX for portable usage.post #28 of 286/7/11 at 1:31am
Nice! Let me know how do you like it. I'm planing to get one as well but still waiting for further impression.
Quote:Originally Posted by kaushama
I have ordered uHA-120 for the good impressions it creates with people who got it. Going to sample it merely to see the SQ though the form factor is not the what I was looking for. Perhaps it may replace my Xin reference and I would go for either PICO slim, TTVJ, Leckerton or ALO RX for portable usage.
- Best slim portable for IEMs?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors) 31 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › RSA SR71b, quad mono balanced. img. 1 & 17 Review pg 32, 34, 68,... 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 2 minutes ago
- › Tablets with USB-Audio that can handle large Hard-drives? 2 minutes ago
- › Reliable Android Music Players? 2 minutes ago
- › FA003/HM5 vs UE 6000 3 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics is coming out with a new IEM? 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi