Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Seriously, Denon?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Seriously, Denon? - Page 3

post #31 of 51

Why do people feel the need to chime in with headphone recommendations in posts that are not seeking them? I also personally think that the constant posting of comparison graphs is useless and annoying. Headphones are about listening to music, I've tried many pairs that have similar graphs but sound very different. This post was clearly about someone who did his own research and made his choice, the way it should be.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by peskypesky View Post

not to diss the Denons, but if you're looking for a headphone with a similar frequency response that is both super-comfortable and pretty well-built, and also a lot less money, i recommend the Sennheiser HD555s.

 

graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=2881&graphID[]=563



 

post #32 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by detoxguy View Post

Why do people feel the need to chime in with headphone recommendations in posts that are not seeking them? I also personally think that the constant posting of comparison graphs is useless and annoying. Headphones are about listening to music, I've tried many pairs that have similar graphs but sound very different. This post was clearly about someone who did his own research and made his choice, the way it should be.
 



 


take a chill pill, yo!   :)

 

post #33 of 51

Wow, that's great pace306.  I bought my d2000s from you about a month ago, and luckily no problems and I love them.  I agonized at the time and considered going with Amazon in case I had any problems, but it was eighty bucks more, so I went ebay.

 

Now it seems that the ebay vendor (pace306) is much more reliable for dealing with problems than Amazon!  Really shameful on Amazon's part.  Pace306, you should really advertise that the headphones come through an authorized dealer.  That would have made my decision much easier.

 

OP, I hope your issues are resolved easily enough.  They really are nice headphones!

post #34 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobaccoRoad View Post

As for the headphones, I'm checking out my D2k right now and don't see how the paint could peel off like that..it just isn't the kind of material that I'm seeing. Everything else looks legit though.


That's exactly what happened when I first bought D2000 from J&R.  Yes, J&R replaced the headphones.  The connector is not metal, just silver painted plastic that I've found out through this experience.

 

post #35 of 51

I think you got a counterfeit pair. I got mine from an authorized dealer and they're in perfect condition a year later.

post #36 of 51
Thread Starter 

So I took the headphones to a glasses store, thinking they could help me because they deal with small screws like the one on the headphones. Unfortunately, they could not. I'm going to take them to a hardware/electrical stuff/overall fixer store and see if they can fix the,.

 

Also, Denon wrote back. This is what they said:

 

 

 

Quote:
Discussion Thread From Submitted Question
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response Via Email(NJ Customer Service & Support) - 05/24/2011 05:30 PM
Hello Adrian,

I do apologize and feel bad that you received damaged equipment, however Pace306 on Ebay is not an authorized dealer of Denon product and we as the manufacturer cannot be held liable for product sold through a third party private sale. There is truly no way of knowing if the HP's were sold to you in that condition or if they were damaged in shipping from the US to Europe.Either way, I would suggest trying to stop payment on them or possibly contacting Ebay and have them investigate the seller for fraud as it sounds like the packaging may have been opened before they were sold to you.

Also, for future reference, any product distributed for the US and then taken out of the country would have automatically voided the manufacturer's warranty even if they were purchased through an authorized Denon dealer.

Thank you,

Technical Support
D&M Holdings NA, Inc.

Although this is pretty annoying, it's what I thought they would say.

 

post #37 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriantannerisb View Post

So I took the headphones to a glasses store, thinking they could help me because they deal with small screws like the one on the headphones. Unfortunately, they could not. I'm going to take them to a hardware/electrical stuff/overall fixer store and see if they can fix the,.

 

Also, Denon wrote back. This is what they said:

 

 

 

Although this is pretty annoying, it's what I thought they would say.

 

 


You can open a dispute on eBay/paypal and get your money back.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by detoxguy View Post

Why do people feel the need to chime in with headphone recommendations in posts that are not seeking them? I also personally think that the constant posting of comparison graphs is useless and annoying. Headphones are about listening to music, I've tried many pairs that have similar graphs but sound very different. This post was clearly about someone who did his own research and made his choice, the way it should be.
 



 

100% Agreed.
 

 

 

post #38 of 51

I had my D2000 earcup fall off after a few months of use (all though I think the Mrs may have dropped them and not told me). Fortunately I managed to get mine repaired under warranty via the retailer. 

 

To the OP obviously yours are not fit for for sale I hope you get a full refund or replacement.  I hear that the newer models are more resilient to the earcup screw problem. Lets hope Denon finally resolve this issue by redesign the housing.

 

I read that you can in some cases repair them by replacing the screw with a 4mm one for DIY shops (the thread is on here somewhere)

 

Remember Dxxxx owners keep your headphones on a stand.

post #39 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlutoSlice View Post

I had my D2000 earcup fall off after a few months of use (all though I think the Mrs may have dropped them and not told me). Fortunately I managed to get mine repaired under warranty via the retailer. 

 

To the OP obviously yours are not fit for for sale I hope you get a full refund or replacement.  I hear that the newer models are more resilient to the earcup screw problem. Lets hope Denon finally resolve this issue by redesign the housing.

 

I read that you can in some cases repair them by replacing the screw with a 4mm one for DIY shops (the thread is on here somewhere)

 

Remember Dxxxx owners keep your headphones on a stand.

I never understood how so many people break these. I had my D2k's in constant use for 7 months, I stepped on the cord and saw them plummet to the hardwood floor more times than I care to remember, and when they weren't in use they just laid on my desk. To this day they're in practically mint condition.
 

 


Edited by Alghazanth - 5/25/11 at 5:13pm
post #40 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alghazanth View Post



I never understood how so many people break these. I had my D7k's in constant use for 7 months, I stepped on the cord and saw them plummet to the hardwood floor more times than I care to remember, and when they weren't in use they just laid on my desk. To this day they're in practically mint condition.
 

 


Same here.

My D7K's and D2K's are in great shape.
post #41 of 51

I had the same issue with my previous D2000 when it was out of warranty.

 

It's just Denon's poor design and quality control. I baby all my headphones and the D2000 is the only headphone I've ever had that broke by itself.

post #42 of 51
Thread Starter 

Well I've tried the glasses store, the electrician guy, and even giving it to someone whose husband might know somebody who could fix them (that's how things work in Eastern Europe!) but nobody was able to fix them. I give up. I even contacted Denon to ask if they could ship me the screw, as well as the other parts that keep together the headband and the headphone, but apparently they don't supply repair parts, and even if they did, they wouldn't ship them to Europe.

post #43 of 51

I was thinking about buying a pair of Denon's but I heard about earcups falling off and it scared me off, I'll stick with Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser, and Sony, I have yet to have a pair of headphones made by one of these "big three" fall apart on me. "Self Terminating" headphones are not how I like to roll. 

P.S. my Ultrasones feel pretty solid too....

post #44 of 51

Is there not an industrial fastener store around your area that might have the screws? Be sure not to just get any screw that is the same width, make sure the thread pitch is identical as well. But you most likely knew that already. 

 

you could also maybe consider making a screw , but that means rethreading a tiny rod with a tap and die type thread tool.


Edited by nick n - 5/29/11 at 11:51pm
post #45 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriantannerisb View Post

Well I've tried the glasses store, the electrician guy, and even giving it to someone whose husband might know somebody who could fix them (that's how things work in Eastern Europe!) but nobody was able to fix them. I give up. I even contacted Denon to ask if they could ship me the screw, as well as the other parts that keep together the headband and the headphone, but apparently they don't supply repair parts, and even if they did, they wouldn't ship them to Europe.



You're probably just gonna have to take this up with the seller of the item then, in that case...they should be responsible for it being broken in the first place.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Seriously, Denon?