I currently own a Sennheiser HD600, I'm thinking if I should get the Grado SR325is or go for the portable Beyerdynamic DT 1350 or Sennheiser HD25 since I already have the HD600. I'd love to hear your opinions :)
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 5/23/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/11
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 5/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Help choosing new headphones for portable rig Last post on 6/7/12 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + dac/amp help please Last post on 4/16/12 at 5:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D2000 for mixing? Last post on 1/9/12 at 11:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations please Edit: bought HD25 and getting 1964-Q, I'm gonna be broke Last post on 1/18/12 at 1:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Comfort level of Grado SR-60I's not very good so far Last post on 10/15/11 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Should I get another full-size headphone or go portable?post #1 of 65/22/11 at 6:40amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 65/22/11 at 7:23ampost #3 of 65/22/11 at 10:58amQuote:
People can better help you if you state your musical preference, source/amp you use and your sound preference (or what you do/don't like with HD600, or are trying to find in your next purchase)
:)post #4 of 65/22/11 at 11:06amThread Starter
I listen mostly to Metal and some Acoustic folk :P My current portable rig is the Etymotic ER-4P and the FiiO E7 coming from a 5g iPod classic and my home rig is an Audinst HUD-Mx1 and the HD600. I'm looking for a neutral/mid eccentric portable headphone :)post #5 of 65/22/11 at 11:12am
I love planning my next purchases, but I never thought about letting other people decide for me.
Not sure if this will help you, but this is exactly how many headphones I need:
- I have the HJE900 for anything on-the-go. They never leave my jacket. They are always there for a quick fix. They are fairly balanced to my ears, with a little bass boost for outside use or loud office hours.
- I just ordered the PRO 900 to replace my HFI-780. They are for home use with a DAC, but also semi-portable to take with to hotels, long train rides or if I visit my parents over the weekend, as they are loud enough without an amp.
- Just sold the the DT990 (I probably would have kept the 880 if I had gotten those instead) to get the T1. I had the chance to try them for a week. At home I don't need isolation and want to enjoy music the best way possible.
To me, that is a perfect setup. I have a budget IEM for quick use, a semi-portable closed headphone if I should need isolation at home (sorry, wifey) or leave home for a longer period and - most importantly - a home setup which gets my most attention. Sadly my upgrades left me with but the HJE900 this weekend. I noticed I talked a lot more with my wife than usual! I should try that more often, lol.post #6 of 65/22/11 at 11:15am
I'm not aware of a portable which handles metal music better (at least for my taste) then HD-25's
Although 1350's would probably handle acoustic greatly, I'm not sure they would do great with rock/metal
Grado's are maybe not very suited as portable, because they're open headphones and leak sounds in and out, like no other
- Should I get another full-size headphone or go portable?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › DENON DA-10 DSD - New portable DAC/Headphone AMP 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 7 minutes ago
- › Winter 2015 AAMML Holiday Gift Exchange 9 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S0 Review by mark2410 9 minutes ago
- › Glove Audio A1 jacket DAC Amp for AK120 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 Limited, Mint Condition 14 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)