I currently own a Sennheiser HD600, I'm thinking if I should get the Grado SR325is or go for the portable Beyerdynamic DT 1350 or Sennheiser HD25 since I already have the HD600. I'd love to hear your opinions :)
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 5/23/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/11
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 5/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Help choosing new headphones for portable rig Last post on 6/7/12 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + dac/amp help please Last post on 4/16/12 at 5:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D2000 for mixing? Last post on 1/9/12 at 11:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations please Edit: bought HD25 and getting 1964-Q, I'm gonna be broke Last post on 1/18/12 at 1:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Comfort level of Grado SR-60I's not very good so far Last post on 10/15/11 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok before...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
Should I get another full-size headphone or go portable?post #1 of 65/22/11 at 6:40amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 65/22/11 at 7:23ampost #3 of 65/22/11 at 10:58amQuote:
People can better help you if you state your musical preference, source/amp you use and your sound preference (or what you do/don't like with HD600, or are trying to find in your next purchase)
:)post #4 of 65/22/11 at 11:06amThread Starter
I listen mostly to Metal and some Acoustic folk :P My current portable rig is the Etymotic ER-4P and the FiiO E7 coming from a 5g iPod classic and my home rig is an Audinst HUD-Mx1 and the HD600. I'm looking for a neutral/mid eccentric portable headphone :)post #5 of 65/22/11 at 11:12am
I love planning my next purchases, but I never thought about letting other people decide for me.
Not sure if this will help you, but this is exactly how many headphones I need:
- I have the HJE900 for anything on-the-go. They never leave my jacket. They are always there for a quick fix. They are fairly balanced to my ears, with a little bass boost for outside use or loud office hours.
- I just ordered the PRO 900 to replace my HFI-780. They are for home use with a DAC, but also semi-portable to take with to hotels, long train rides or if I visit my parents over the weekend, as they are loud enough without an amp.
- Just sold the the DT990 (I probably would have kept the 880 if I had gotten those instead) to get the T1. I had the chance to try them for a week. At home I don't need isolation and want to enjoy music the best way possible.
To me, that is a perfect setup. I have a budget IEM for quick use, a semi-portable closed headphone if I should need isolation at home (sorry, wifey) or leave home for a longer period and - most importantly - a home setup which gets my most attention. Sadly my upgrades left me with but the HJE900 this weekend. I noticed I talked a lot more with my wife than usual! I should try that more often, lol.post #6 of 65/22/11 at 11:15am
I'm not aware of a portable which handles metal music better (at least for my taste) then HD-25's
Although 1350's would probably handle acoustic greatly, I'm not sure they would do great with rock/metal
Grado's are maybe not very suited as portable, because they're open headphones and leak sounds in and out, like no other
- Should I get another full-size headphone or go portable?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 58 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro Impressions, & Discussion Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50x 2 minutes ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 2 minutes ago
- › Headset for gaming - 150 euro budget 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)