I currently own a Sennheiser HD600, I'm thinking if I should get the Grado SR325is or go for the portable Beyerdynamic DT 1350 or Sennheiser HD25 since I already have the HD600. I'd love to hear your opinions :)
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 5/23/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/11
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 5/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Help choosing new headphones for portable rig Last post on 6/7/12 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + dac/amp help please Last post on 4/16/12 at 5:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D2000 for mixing? Last post on 1/9/12 at 11:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations please Edit: bought HD25 and getting 1964-Q, I'm gonna be broke Last post on 1/18/12 at 1:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Comfort level of Grado SR-60I's not very good so far Last post on 10/15/11 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Should I get another full-size headphone or go portable?post #1 of 65/22/11 at 6:40amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 65/22/11 at 7:23ampost #3 of 65/22/11 at 10:58amQuote:
People can better help you if you state your musical preference, source/amp you use and your sound preference (or what you do/don't like with HD600, or are trying to find in your next purchase)
:)post #4 of 65/22/11 at 11:06amThread Starter
I listen mostly to Metal and some Acoustic folk :P My current portable rig is the Etymotic ER-4P and the FiiO E7 coming from a 5g iPod classic and my home rig is an Audinst HUD-Mx1 and the HD600. I'm looking for a neutral/mid eccentric portable headphone :)post #5 of 65/22/11 at 11:12am
I love planning my next purchases, but I never thought about letting other people decide for me.
Not sure if this will help you, but this is exactly how many headphones I need:
- I have the HJE900 for anything on-the-go. They never leave my jacket. They are always there for a quick fix. They are fairly balanced to my ears, with a little bass boost for outside use or loud office hours.
- I just ordered the PRO 900 to replace my HFI-780. They are for home use with a DAC, but also semi-portable to take with to hotels, long train rides or if I visit my parents over the weekend, as they are loud enough without an amp.
- Just sold the the DT990 (I probably would have kept the 880 if I had gotten those instead) to get the T1. I had the chance to try them for a week. At home I don't need isolation and want to enjoy music the best way possible.
To me, that is a perfect setup. I have a budget IEM for quick use, a semi-portable closed headphone if I should need isolation at home (sorry, wifey) or leave home for a longer period and - most importantly - a home setup which gets my most attention. Sadly my upgrades left me with but the HJE900 this weekend. I noticed I talked a lot more with my wife than usual! I should try that more often, lol.post #6 of 65/22/11 at 11:15am
I'm not aware of a portable which handles metal music better (at least for my taste) then HD-25's
Although 1350's would probably handle acoustic greatly, I'm not sure they would do great with rock/metal
Grado's are maybe not very suited as portable, because they're open headphones and leak sounds in and out, like no other
- Should I get another full-size headphone or go portable?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 42 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 59 seconds ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 2 minutes ago
- › HELP 2 minutes ago
- › InEarZ 8-DRIVER IE-P850 Pro custom monitors. Less than a week old.... 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Synergistic Research HOT device 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Stack vs. Objective Combo for HD600? 5 minutes ago
- › Budget Earbuds with punchy bass 5 minutes ago
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)