I currently own a Sennheiser HD600, I'm thinking if I should get the Grado SR325is or go for the portable Beyerdynamic DT 1350 or Sennheiser HD25 since I already have the HD600. I'd love to hear your opinions :)
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 5/23/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/11
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 5/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Help choosing new headphones for portable rig Last post on 6/7/12 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + dac/amp help please Last post on 4/16/12 at 5:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D2000 for mixing? Last post on 1/9/12 at 11:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations please Edit: bought HD25 and getting 1964-Q, I'm gonna be broke Last post on 1/18/12 at 1:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Comfort level of Grado SR-60I's not very good so far Last post on 10/15/11 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of the Burson Audio Cable+ RCA to RCA active cable. The Burson Audio Cable+ was sent to me by Burson Audio for me as a loaner unit to test it out, thanks to Burson Audio for...
Most people balk at spending more than $20 on a pair of headphones, given the disposable history of a typical portable consumer headphones for the past 35 years. Music lovers who do invest in a...
It’s Black Friday, and what’s more black than to buy a good pair of headphones for your favorite rocker or metalhead. Today the headphone audiophile community is buzzing about what may become a...
The evolution of headphones has been fascinating to watch over the years. Pretty much everyone aged 50 and younger has grown up using headphones, and have owned many, many pairs. Some may remember...
Acknowledgment Thanks 1MORE UK for providing this review sample in return for my honest opinion.IntroductionI heard about 1MORE from a fellow HeadFier, @canali, who told me I should check out the...
Should I get another full-size headphone or go portable?post #1 of 65/22/11 at 6:40amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 65/22/11 at 7:23ampost #3 of 65/22/11 at 10:58amQuote:
People can better help you if you state your musical preference, source/amp you use and your sound preference (or what you do/don't like with HD600, or are trying to find in your next purchase)
:)post #4 of 65/22/11 at 11:06amThread Starter
I listen mostly to Metal and some Acoustic folk :P My current portable rig is the Etymotic ER-4P and the FiiO E7 coming from a 5g iPod classic and my home rig is an Audinst HUD-Mx1 and the HD600. I'm looking for a neutral/mid eccentric portable headphone :)post #5 of 65/22/11 at 11:12am
I love planning my next purchases, but I never thought about letting other people decide for me.
Not sure if this will help you, but this is exactly how many headphones I need:
- I have the HJE900 for anything on-the-go. They never leave my jacket. They are always there for a quick fix. They are fairly balanced to my ears, with a little bass boost for outside use or loud office hours.
- I just ordered the PRO 900 to replace my HFI-780. They are for home use with a DAC, but also semi-portable to take with to hotels, long train rides or if I visit my parents over the weekend, as they are loud enough without an amp.
- Just sold the the DT990 (I probably would have kept the 880 if I had gotten those instead) to get the T1. I had the chance to try them for a week. At home I don't need isolation and want to enjoy music the best way possible.
To me, that is a perfect setup. I have a budget IEM for quick use, a semi-portable closed headphone if I should need isolation at home (sorry, wifey) or leave home for a longer period and - most importantly - a home setup which gets my most attention. Sadly my upgrades left me with but the HJE900 this weekend. I noticed I talked a lot more with my wife than usual! I should try that more often, lol.post #6 of 65/22/11 at 11:15am
I'm not aware of a portable which handles metal music better (at least for my taste) then HD-25's
Although 1350's would probably handle acoustic greatly, I'm not sure they would do great with rock/metal
Grado's are maybe not very suited as portable, because they're open headphones and leak sounds in and out, like no other
- Should I get another full-size headphone or go portable?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 second ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 38 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 2 minutes ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony NW-WM1Z/ NW-WM1A Flagship DAP (Live From IFA 2016) 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 3 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 4 minutes ago
- › Gift for gf. Overear up to 100$ 5 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by peter123
- › BeyerDynamic DT 1990 PRO 250 Ohm Open Studio Headphones (710490) by Fastnbulbous
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by Fastnbulbous
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Fastnbulbous
- › 1MORE MK801 Over-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...