- 195 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: China
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JVC HA-FXZ 100/200 Last post on 9/23/14 at 8:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- TF10 Alternative: Atrio MG7 vs ATH CK90Pro vs JVC FXT90 vs Sony EX700 Last post on 1/29/12 at 10:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Real 2-ways Speaker - JVC HA-FXT90 Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New dual dynamic drivers IEMs - JVC FXT-90 vs Radius TWF21 Last post on 6/13/11 at 9:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- jvc fxt90 sound??? Last post on 5/5/11 at 6:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
JVC Dual Dynamic HA-FXT90 Review - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have been using FXT90 for more than 4 months now and would like to share below:
Mid - Good and the tone of distortion guitars and snares comes out quite nice however sometimes you would find the highs overpowering mids. Both the drivers in this dual driver earphones are supposed to play some portions of mid but the resulting sound somehow is more towards the treble side.
High - If you are fond of Highs you would love this earphones, I would say its one of the best for highs in this price range.
Soundstage - Average but good at the price paid but you won't of course feel that it is not played from both the sides (ears).
Attack - Sound has an outstanding attack, the chorus sounds above average.
Physics - It is light weight and isn't harsh on ears, doesn't pain if put on for long time, longest I tried till now was around 4 hours but was satisfying. Cable quality is good for the price paid but isn't excellent.
Low - Really not good for you if you are a bass head. The bass is punchy but it is not at all heavy, sometimes you may miss the magics what you would expect from bass guitars. The heavy frequencies are heard but not in the amount it is expected to be heard for a feel of completeness.
Fit - Doesn't fit very very good
Doesn't sound very natural, there is something artificial
Good for: Pop, Alternative
Not so good for: Heavy metal, Hip hop, rap
Tips: If you have bought them give your ears sometime these may take some time to be loved. You may need to tweak your EQ to add some bass or reduce the treble to match your listening preferences. I have to switch my iPod touch's EQ to Bass Booster, although my favorite was Plain/Acoustic but they do not sound good anymore with these due to obvious reasons. It is even cheaper in Japan so try to get it from any friend you know is travelling.
These are good for the price you would pay and at par or I must say far better than any other you may get around $90-$100.
Edited by vybhav1908 - 7/1/14 at 3:55am
- JVC Dual Dynamic HA-FXT90 Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sound Quality -- Sony MDR XB60EX vs Sony MDR XB70AP Which one is... 2 minutes ago
- › Does every company have their particular sound? 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Sennheiser Urbanite (Sand Color) 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › Sound comparison: Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 and Sony MH1C 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 4 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 4 minutes ago
- › Have I burnt my Dacmagic plus? 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 6 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)