Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Network & Industry News › An Absolutely Amazing Headphone Album! - Head-Fi TV, Episode 006
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

An Absolutely Amazing Headphone Album! - Head-Fi TV, Episode 006 - Page 6

post #76 of 121
Binaural is great but when I bought the high res version of this I felt like I was in a drunk mans basement its cool technology I just wish that there was actually music on it
post #77 of 121
Am I the only one who thought the loud hissing was detracting?
post #78 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by uglysteve View Post

Am I the only one who thought the loud hissing was detracting?

No I thought it was distracting but in some ways that may be good because the content itself was as I said like a drunk man banging on his sons drums.
post #79 of 121

Wow! I was not expecting that at all!! I'm listening through a terrible pair of Sennheiser CX-500s and I could feel the music coming at me from all angles and distances. I was sceptical at first but that's amazing. Hopefully this will be the recordings of the future! 

post #80 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui audit View Post

Wow! I was not expecting that at all!! I'm listening through a terrible pair of Sennheiser CX-500s and I could feel the music coming at me from all angles and distances. I was sceptical at first but that's amazing. Hopefully this will be the recordings of the future! 


thats not music its banging
post #81 of 121

Well I think that depends on a specific definition of what is music? I was referring to listening through the album preview in case you though that I meant the backing track on the video? 

post #82 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui audit View Post

Well I think that depends on a specific definition of what is music? I was referring to listening through the album preview in case you though that I meant the backing track on the video? 


hahaha I was just giving you a hard time biggrin.gif Music is what music does
post #83 of 121

Fair enough I guess, I'm not saying I'd sit down and listen to this. But it is amazing what can be achieved in terms of the recording. 

post #84 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui audit View Post

Fair enough I guess, I'm not saying I'd sit down and listen to this. But it is amazing what can be achieved in terms of the recording. 



Binaural recording has been there for years ... congrats, you just re-discovered it!

 

o2smile.gif

post #85 of 121

Yup, I had to physically move my head to see where the sound was coming from, and this was without a headphone amp! I can't wait to try it with my headphone amp on as well!

post #86 of 121

just bought it

post #87 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by uglysteve View Post

Am I the only one who thought the loud hissing was detracting?


Didn't notice any hissing from the tracks downloaded from HDTracks(176/24). Maybe you or your player is resampling it down or up. I resampled those with GoldWave to 96/24 to match my xonar essence stx. Any of you listened to this used Ultrasone PRO headphones? I did a brief listening to this album and didn't quite get there in terms of sound imaging. Maybe it is me not paying attention or the Ultrasones S-Logic is making the sound more different(surround) that this recording supposed to sound. I am also using two LME49720NA opamps in xonar which tends to give more space.

post #88 of 121

i felt like the music was in back of me when i was listening to the samples on chesky ?


Edited by valtopps - 6/22/11 at 4:42pm
post #89 of 121

The best way to listen to binaural is to use a pair of IEMs rather than full size phones or s logic ultrasone.

post #90 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jian View Post

The best way to listen to binaural is to use a pair of IEMs rather than full size phones or s logic ultrasone.


and what makes an IEM so magical?

make sense
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Head-Fi Network & Industry News
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Network & Industry News › An Absolutely Amazing Headphone Album! - Head-Fi TV, Episode 006