I advice you to turn the gain way down. If I listen with the 3003 out of my Lavry Black, I set the gain to the minimum, and that one doesn't have the most powerful HP amp. The sound is amazing, though.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 7/6/15 at 2:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Portables for someone who LOVES the Ortho sound of his HE-500? Last post on 7/23/12 at 2:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111) Last post on 5/1/16 at 9:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- AKG K3003... whats the difference? Last post on 5/23/15 at 5:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone - Page 101
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1502 of 36131/22/14 at 10:50am
Ha ha....Yes I will do that. I would imagine you could end up with fried ear canals if the amp was set on high gain.
The Benchmark DAC2 has internal jumpers which act as gain switches that can be used to raise or lower the decibel output.
Thanks for your advise. Much appreciated!post #1503 of 36131/22/14 at 5:22pm
No problem. The K3003 is a very easy to drive headphone. A powerful amp (no idea what's inside the Benchmark, but if you say it can drive the HD800 it has to have some juice) should be used carefully with them.post #1504 of 36131/22/14 at 11:59pm
Yes I agree.
I don't think the HD800's are a particularly hard load to drive at only 300ohms........But I do think they are a hard load to drive WELL and seem to be very fussy about what amplification is driving them.
I had a Burson Soloist headphone amp and a Metrum Octave2 Dac before I got the Benchmark and I don't think that combo ever came close to getting the best out of the HD800's. Yes they drove them to decent levels ok but there was never the wow factor when I was listening.
The Benchmark however seems to have a better synergy with them. They sound more organic paired with the Benchmark.
So yes I will be careful when pairing it with the AKG's but it will be an interesting listen.
I have ordered the suggested Sony headphone cable adapter now too so hopefully wont have to wait too long for it.post #1505 of 36131/23/14 at 2:01pmpost #1506 of 36131/24/14 at 6:02ampost #1507 of 36131/24/14 at 12:09pmQuote:
I am glad they are still making it, it means there are still people buying it.post #1508 of 36131/24/14 at 2:44pm
I am glad they are still making it....just wish it was still in Austria.
Speaking of which: what is the likelihood that they still have same build quality/sound now that they are being made in China?
Edited by RapidPulse - 1/24/14 at 3:51pmpost #1509 of 36131/24/14 at 8:08pmpost #1510 of 36131/24/14 at 8:23pmpost #1511 of 36131/24/14 at 8:24pmpost #1512 of 36131/24/14 at 8:35pmQuote:
sure. the se846 is also made in China and it's totl but made in Austria just appeals to me more.post #1513 of 36131/24/14 at 10:09pmpost #1514 of 36131/24/14 at 10:34pmpost #1515 of 36131/24/14 at 10:40pm
And your heart into a crazy ecstasy? Dont lie to us James, as much as those tears are from your wallet becoming lighter twice as much of those tears is for the joy of been able to experience a new sound, a new flagship ;)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › WTB cables for Hifiman HE-1000 (single ended) 28 seconds ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 35 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 54 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 1 minute ago
- › Vibro Labs Introduction, USA tour, and Head-Fi discount! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 4 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 5 minutes ago
- › Weston W40 with aftermarket cable 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...