I advice you to turn the gain way down. If I listen with the 3003 out of my Lavry Black, I set the gain to the minimum, and that one doesn't have the most powerful HP amp. The sound is amazing, though.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 8/28/14 at 8:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Portables for someone who LOVES the Ortho sound of his HE-500? Last post on 7/23/12 at 2:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111) Last post on 9/2/14 at 4:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- AKG K3003... whats the difference? Last post on 7/5/12 at 6:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone - Page 101
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1502 of 18001/22/14 at 10:50am
Ha ha....Yes I will do that. I would imagine you could end up with fried ear canals if the amp was set on high gain.
The Benchmark DAC2 has internal jumpers which act as gain switches that can be used to raise or lower the decibel output.
Thanks for your advise. Much appreciated!post #1503 of 18001/22/14 at 5:22pm
No problem. The K3003 is a very easy to drive headphone. A powerful amp (no idea what's inside the Benchmark, but if you say it can drive the HD800 it has to have some juice) should be used carefully with them.post #1504 of 18001/22/14 at 11:59pm
Yes I agree.
I don't think the HD800's are a particularly hard load to drive at only 300ohms........But I do think they are a hard load to drive WELL and seem to be very fussy about what amplification is driving them.
I had a Burson Soloist headphone amp and a Metrum Octave2 Dac before I got the Benchmark and I don't think that combo ever came close to getting the best out of the HD800's. Yes they drove them to decent levels ok but there was never the wow factor when I was listening.
The Benchmark however seems to have a better synergy with them. They sound more organic paired with the Benchmark.
So yes I will be careful when pairing it with the AKG's but it will be an interesting listen.
I have ordered the suggested Sony headphone cable adapter now too so hopefully wont have to wait too long for it.post #1505 of 18001/23/14 at 2:01pmpost #1506 of 18001/24/14 at 6:02ampost #1507 of 18001/24/14 at 12:09pmQuote:
I am glad they are still making it, it means there are still people buying it.post #1508 of 18001/24/14 at 2:44pm
I am glad they are still making it....just wish it was still in Austria.
Speaking of which: what is the likelihood that they still have same build quality/sound now that they are being made in China?
Edited by RapidPulse - 1/24/14 at 3:51pmpost #1509 of 18001/24/14 at 8:08pmpost #1510 of 18001/24/14 at 8:23pmpost #1511 of 18001/24/14 at 8:24pmpost #1512 of 18001/24/14 at 8:35pmQuote:
sure. the se846 is also made in China and it's totl but made in Austria just appeals to me more.post #1513 of 18001/24/14 at 10:09pmpost #1514 of 18001/24/14 at 10:34pmpost #1515 of 18001/24/14 at 10:40pm
And your heart into a crazy ecstasy? Dont lie to us James, as much as those tears are from your wallet becoming lighter twice as much of those tears is for the joy of been able to experience a new sound, a new flagship ;)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 19 seconds ago
- › Dual listening: Amp with two headphone outputs 31 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 1 minute ago
- › Item: Peachtree Decco65 Integrated Stereo Amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 4 minutes ago
- › New Version LA-7000 (Denon AH-D7000) in Museum Grade Redwood Burl... 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 6 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)