I advice you to turn the gain way down. If I listen with the 3003 out of my Lavry Black, I set the gain to the minimum, and that one doesn't have the most powerful HP amp. The sound is amazing, though.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Portables for someone who LOVES the Ortho sound of his HE-500? Last post on 7/23/12 at 2:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111) Last post on 2/23/14 at 3:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- AKG K3003... whats the difference? Last post on 7/5/12 at 6:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
My Story First of all - WOW. This is my first set of proper Hi-fi/Mid-fi cans. It's also easily the best sounding anything I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. However, since I'm new to...
I stumbled upon these headphones after numerous hours of research. To be quite honest, I'd never heard of this brand before so I was a bit hesitant before making the jump; especially after owning...
Let me start with the good, and then explain why you should never buy this IEM. Sound signature: The treble, mids and bass are sort of like that of an HD800, except downgraded. For example, one...
AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone - Page 101
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1502 of 16151/22/14 at 10:50am
Ha ha....Yes I will do that. I would imagine you could end up with fried ear canals if the amp was set on high gain.
The Benchmark DAC2 has internal jumpers which act as gain switches that can be used to raise or lower the decibel output.
Thanks for your advise. Much appreciated!post #1503 of 16151/22/14 at 5:22pm
No problem. The K3003 is a very easy to drive headphone. A powerful amp (no idea what's inside the Benchmark, but if you say it can drive the HD800 it has to have some juice) should be used carefully with them.post #1504 of 16151/22/14 at 11:59pm
Yes I agree.
I don't think the HD800's are a particularly hard load to drive at only 300ohms........But I do think they are a hard load to drive WELL and seem to be very fussy about what amplification is driving them.
I had a Burson Soloist headphone amp and a Metrum Octave2 Dac before I got the Benchmark and I don't think that combo ever came close to getting the best out of the HD800's. Yes they drove them to decent levels ok but there was never the wow factor when I was listening.
The Benchmark however seems to have a better synergy with them. They sound more organic paired with the Benchmark.
So yes I will be careful when pairing it with the AKG's but it will be an interesting listen.
I have ordered the suggested Sony headphone cable adapter now too so hopefully wont have to wait too long for it.post #1505 of 16151/23/14 at 2:01pmpost #1506 of 16151/24/14 at 6:02ampost #1507 of 16151/24/14 at 12:09pmQuote:
I am glad they are still making it, it means there are still people buying it.post #1508 of 16151/24/14 at 2:44pm
I am glad they are still making it....just wish it was still in Austria.
Speaking of which: what is the likelihood that they still have same build quality/sound now that they are being made in China?
Edited by RapidPulse - 1/24/14 at 3:51pmpost #1509 of 16151/24/14 at 8:08pmpost #1510 of 16151/24/14 at 8:23pmpost #1511 of 16151/24/14 at 8:24pmpost #1512 of 16151/24/14 at 8:35pmQuote:
sure. the se846 is also made in China and it's totl but made in Austria just appeals to me more.post #1513 of 16151/24/14 at 10:09pmpost #1514 of 16151/24/14 at 10:34pmpost #1515 of 16151/24/14 at 10:40pm
And your heart into a crazy ecstasy? Dont lie to us James, as much as those tears are from your wallet becoming lighter twice as much of those tears is for the joy of been able to experience a new sound, a new flagship ;)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- AKG K3003No reviews yet.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 12 seconds ago
- › Why do no audiophiles listen to electronic music? 33 seconds ago
- › Best 2.1 speakers? 42 seconds ago
- › NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!! 43 seconds ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 56 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 1 minute ago
- › Why are there no competent reviews of the Astell & Kern AK10? 1 minute ago
- › Sportapro Driver Removable Cable Mod 1 minute ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › HiFiMeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter... by laughingbuddha
- › Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC by laughingbuddha
- › Digital Silence DS-101A Stereo Analogue Ambient Noise Cancelling... by julian67
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude