I advice you to turn the gain way down. If I listen with the 3003 out of my Lavry Black, I set the gain to the minimum, and that one doesn't have the most powerful HP amp. The sound is amazing, though.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 7/6/15 at 2:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Portables for someone who LOVES the Ortho sound of his HE-500? Last post on 7/23/12 at 2:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111) Last post on 9/2/15 at 7:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- AKG K3003... whats the difference? Last post on 5/23/15 at 5:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have owned my Audeze LCD 3f for about one year and have enjoyed the headphone immensely. The one thing that bothered me about the LCD 3 was the fact that they just seem to always be slightly...
-- The RBH EP3 is a brand new model succeeding the EP1 & EP2. ~ All photos were taken by me, no stock pictures from the manufacturer were used ~ *Packaging* Simple Box, but...
In 2012 Burson Audio introduced the Musician Series of headphone amplifiers that brought significant technical enhancements to their popular classic HA-160 line. Acknowledging that even the best...
Audio Technica has a long history of making wood-cupped headphones, both in limited edition and production models. The W2002, their first famous limited edition model, is now a highly...
Being a proud yet protective grandpa I was very interested when Brainwavz offered to let me review a pair of sound level attenuated headphones for kids. I would love to pass on my...
AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone - Page 101
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1502 of 34081/22/14 at 10:50am
Ha ha....Yes I will do that. I would imagine you could end up with fried ear canals if the amp was set on high gain.
The Benchmark DAC2 has internal jumpers which act as gain switches that can be used to raise or lower the decibel output.
Thanks for your advise. Much appreciated!post #1503 of 34081/22/14 at 5:22pm
No problem. The K3003 is a very easy to drive headphone. A powerful amp (no idea what's inside the Benchmark, but if you say it can drive the HD800 it has to have some juice) should be used carefully with them.post #1504 of 34081/22/14 at 11:59pm
Yes I agree.
I don't think the HD800's are a particularly hard load to drive at only 300ohms........But I do think they are a hard load to drive WELL and seem to be very fussy about what amplification is driving them.
I had a Burson Soloist headphone amp and a Metrum Octave2 Dac before I got the Benchmark and I don't think that combo ever came close to getting the best out of the HD800's. Yes they drove them to decent levels ok but there was never the wow factor when I was listening.
The Benchmark however seems to have a better synergy with them. They sound more organic paired with the Benchmark.
So yes I will be careful when pairing it with the AKG's but it will be an interesting listen.
I have ordered the suggested Sony headphone cable adapter now too so hopefully wont have to wait too long for it.post #1505 of 34081/23/14 at 2:01pmpost #1506 of 34081/24/14 at 6:02ampost #1507 of 34081/24/14 at 12:09pmQuote:
I am glad they are still making it, it means there are still people buying it.post #1508 of 34081/24/14 at 2:44pm
I am glad they are still making it....just wish it was still in Austria.
Speaking of which: what is the likelihood that they still have same build quality/sound now that they are being made in China?
Edited by RapidPulse - 1/24/14 at 3:51pmpost #1509 of 34081/24/14 at 8:08pmpost #1510 of 34081/24/14 at 8:23pmpost #1511 of 34081/24/14 at 8:24pmpost #1512 of 34081/24/14 at 8:35pmQuote:
sure. the se846 is also made in China and it's totl but made in Austria just appeals to me more.post #1513 of 34081/24/14 at 10:09pmpost #1514 of 34081/24/14 at 10:34pmpost #1515 of 34081/24/14 at 10:40pm
And your heart into a crazy ecstasy? Dont lie to us James, as much as those tears are from your wallet becoming lighter twice as much of those tears is for the joy of been able to experience a new sound, a new flagship ;)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Gun-Fi 1 second ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Shanling M2 Review & Impressions Tour 1 minute ago
- › Best amp for Sennheiser HD 600 or 650 for under 300$? 2 minutes ago
- › The t096z REVIEW - Torque's Flagship IEM 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo 5 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 6 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-1000 by Blackrain
- › RBH EP-3 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Burson Audio Conductor Virtuoso DAC1 ESS9018 DAC and Headphone Preamp by iDesign
- › Audio-Technica ATH-W1000Z by Currawong
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2