I advice you to turn the gain way down. If I listen with the 3003 out of my Lavry Black, I set the gain to the minimum, and that one doesn't have the most powerful HP amp. The sound is amazing, though.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 7/6/15 at 2:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Portables for someone who LOVES the Ortho sound of his HE-500? Last post on 7/23/12 at 2:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111) Last post on 5/1/16 at 9:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- AKG K3003... whats the difference? Last post on 5/23/15 at 5:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone - Page 101
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1502 of 35781/22/14 at 10:50am
Ha ha....Yes I will do that. I would imagine you could end up with fried ear canals if the amp was set on high gain.
The Benchmark DAC2 has internal jumpers which act as gain switches that can be used to raise or lower the decibel output.
Thanks for your advise. Much appreciated!post #1503 of 35781/22/14 at 5:22pm
No problem. The K3003 is a very easy to drive headphone. A powerful amp (no idea what's inside the Benchmark, but if you say it can drive the HD800 it has to have some juice) should be used carefully with them.post #1504 of 35781/22/14 at 11:59pm
Yes I agree.
I don't think the HD800's are a particularly hard load to drive at only 300ohms........But I do think they are a hard load to drive WELL and seem to be very fussy about what amplification is driving them.
I had a Burson Soloist headphone amp and a Metrum Octave2 Dac before I got the Benchmark and I don't think that combo ever came close to getting the best out of the HD800's. Yes they drove them to decent levels ok but there was never the wow factor when I was listening.
The Benchmark however seems to have a better synergy with them. They sound more organic paired with the Benchmark.
So yes I will be careful when pairing it with the AKG's but it will be an interesting listen.
I have ordered the suggested Sony headphone cable adapter now too so hopefully wont have to wait too long for it.post #1505 of 35781/23/14 at 2:01pmpost #1506 of 35781/24/14 at 6:02ampost #1507 of 35781/24/14 at 12:09pmQuote:
I am glad they are still making it, it means there are still people buying it.post #1508 of 35781/24/14 at 2:44pm
I am glad they are still making it....just wish it was still in Austria.
Speaking of which: what is the likelihood that they still have same build quality/sound now that they are being made in China?
Edited by RapidPulse - 1/24/14 at 3:51pmpost #1509 of 35781/24/14 at 8:08pmpost #1510 of 35781/24/14 at 8:23pmpost #1511 of 35781/24/14 at 8:24pmpost #1512 of 35781/24/14 at 8:35pmQuote:
sure. the se846 is also made in China and it's totl but made in Austria just appeals to me more.post #1513 of 35781/24/14 at 10:09pmpost #1514 of 35781/24/14 at 10:34pmpost #1515 of 35781/24/14 at 10:40pm
And your heart into a crazy ecstasy? Dont lie to us James, as much as those tears are from your wallet becoming lighter twice as much of those tears is for the joy of been able to experience a new sound, a new flagship ;)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › About 130-140$ with a good noise cancellation and a quality headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Updating DAP (FiiO M3) library on Mac OS X 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 11 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...