Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone - Page 99

post #1471 of 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post

For all of the 3003(i) enthusiasts out there, this, to me, is a fantastic pairing. Best portable sound I have heard thus far. I also know for a fact someone else we know and miss highly regards this combo.



Woodcans - did you ever try the DX100 with the k3003?

I've tried the k3003 with many daps and the DX100 with many phones and the synergy beween these two just continues to amaze me. Not tried the Sony yet though.
post #1472 of 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post
 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero Dynamik View Post
 

You're right! Nelson's knowledge about IEMs, music and gear really sucked, or so I've been told. Good thing Nelson was banned. Can't even find his profile any more.

 

 

For all of the 3003(i) enthusiasts out there, this, to me, is a fantastic pairing. Best portable sound I have heard thus far. I also know for a fact someone else we know and miss highly regards this combo.

 

Sony NW-A857, NWZ-A847, or NWZ-X1061?

post #1473 of 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican2 View Post


I've tried the k3003 with many daps and the DX100 with many phones and the synergy beween these two just continues to amaze me. Not tried the Sony yet though.

Which other DAPs have you tried the K3003 with and in what way or ways would you say the DX100 (I assume iBasso?) outshines them?

post #1474 of 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican2 View Post


Woodcans - did you ever try the DX100 with the k3003?

I've tried the k3003 with many daps and the DX100 with many phones and the synergy beween these two just continues to amaze me. Not tried the Sony yet though.

 

iPhone 5s, HRT microstreamer, Centrance m8. Haven't tried the DX100, but the Sony's UI is slick and responsive, not sure I could put up with anything less than that, now.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero Dynamik View Post
 

Sony NW-A857, NWZ-A847, or NWZ-X1061?

 

 

It's the new ZX1.

post #1475 of 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero Dynamik View Post

Which other DAPs have you tried the K3003 with and in what way or ways would you say the DX100 (I assume iBasso?) outshines them?

I've tried the colour fly c4, ak100, ak120, hifiman 801, Tera. I'm not saying the dx100 outshines them as such, I'd need to own them all and spend significant time to compare but from the audition time I've had, the DX100(which I do own) has the best extension and treble timbre of any of these devices, the ak120 was fairly close. I wonder if impedance played a part, I susect so. I use the dx and 3003 combo every day and I never get tired of it, just a lovely combo for me.
post #1476 of 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican2 View Post


I've tried the colour fly c4, ak100, ak120, hifiman 801, Tera. I'm not saying the dx100 outshines them as such, I'd need to own them all and spend significant time to compare but from the audition time I've had, the DX100(which I do own) has the best extension and treble timbre of any of these devices, the ak120 was fairly close. I wonder if impedance played a part, I susect so. I use the dx and 3003 combo every day and I never get tired of it, just a lovely combo for me.

 

I use the ZX1 and 3003 combo every day, and feel the same about it. :o Anyone else here compared these to DAPs with the 3003s??

post #1477 of 1800
man that ZX1 is such a nice looking piece of kit. really dig sony gear.
post #1478 of 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican2 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero Dynamik View Post

Which other DAPs have you tried the K3003 with and in what way or ways would you say the DX100 (I assume iBasso?) outshines them?

I've tried the colour fly c4, ak100, ak120, hifiman 801, Tera. I'm not saying the dx100 outshines them as such, I'd need to own them all and spend significant time to compare but from the audition time I've had, the DX100(which I do own) has the best extension and treble timbre of any of these devices, the ak120 was fairly close. I wonder if impedance played a part, I susect so. I use the dx and 3003 combo every day and I never get tired of it, just a lovely combo for me.

Thanks for your reply! The only DAPs I’ve tried are the COWON J3 and several iDevices, and of the iDevices my favourites are the iPod Touch G4 for its interface and blackness, and the iPod Classic for its capacity. I also have a separate DAC (CLAS –dB) and several portable amplifiers which I use with the Classic. Most of the time I feel the differences in sound are more felt than heard (if at all), and most of the time I would be unable to describe the differences. I’ve made up my mind to be happy with the sources I have and invest my money in phones instead, but I sure would like to try the DX100 and the NW-ZX1 (the image above looks amazing).

post #1479 of 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by up late View Post

man that ZX1 is such a nice looking piece of kit. really dig sony gear.

x2 (it ought to be forbidden to publish images like that ;))

post #1480 of 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by fengwei007 View Post

The price already dropped by 300 Singapore $ here in local shops for those new batch which are made in China. The non-i version used to cost $1499SGD, now they are selling at $1200SGD:
http://www.stereo.com.sg/store/product.php?cPath=664_830&products_id=2762

wouldn't mind knowing when stores started getting the Chinese manufactured stock.
post #1481 of 1800

Here you can find the price difference on taobao (if you can read Chinese):

 

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.177.1LedIf&id=27001836964

 

If you choose the one made in China, the price shows 5533RMB (~$922USD). If you choose the one made in Austria (but no official local warranty), the price would be 7599RMB (~$1266USD). The one w/ official local warranty and made in Austria would be 9999RMB (~$1666USD). 

post #1482 of 1800
I just bought a second 'spare' pair. Made in Austria, batch number over 6000. They will remain sealed until I need them. For me the k3003 sound is perfect. Literally my end game iem. Thank you AKG.
post #1483 of 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by fengwei007 View Post

Here you can find the price difference on taobao (if you can read Chinese):

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.177.1LedIf&id=27001836964

If you choose the one made in China, the price shows 5533RMB (~$922USD). If you choose the one made in Austria (but no official local warranty), the price would be 7599RMB (~$1266USD). The one w/ official local warranty and made in Austria would be 9999RMB (~$1666USD). 

can't read Chinese but thanks for the info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican2 View Post

I just bought a second 'spare' pair. Made in Austria, batch number over 6000. They will remain sealed until I need them. For me the k3003 sound is perfect. Literally my end game iem. Thank you AKG.

so yours says made in Austria on the outer white box and shows the batch number? is it the "i" or non "i" version? does it have a serial number?
post #1484 of 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by up late View Post

so yours says made in Austria on the outer white box and shows the batch number? is it the "i" or non "i" version? does it have a serial number?

Yes, yes, 'I' version, yes.
post #1485 of 1800
ok thanks. was looking at a new unopened one the other day and it didn't say where it was made on the box. maybe it's from china and akg don't wanna advertise it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone