Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone - Page 93

post #1381 of 1798
hey woodcans! are you going be taking pics of the k3003 now? wink.gif
post #1382 of 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by up late View Post

hey woodcans! are you going be taking pics of the k3003 now? wink.gif

 

 

Well, the 3k3's don't quite have the visual properties that my other favourite phones have. But if I come up with something worth posting, I will do so.

 

Having said that, I will say that the 3k3 is the one of the most impressive, unimpressive phones I have heard. And by that I mean, it doesn't grab your attention instantly. Instead, it slowely digs its claws into you and doesn't let go. Until you realize that you don't want to be let go.

post #1383 of 1798
agree -had a very relaxing listening session this evening, colorfly c4 - a2p tu-05 - akg k3003 - listening to windham hill records - sampler - lullaby.
post #1384 of 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post


Well, the 3k3's don't quite have the visual properties that my other favourite phones have. But if I come up with something worth posting, I will do so.

Having said that, I will say that the 3k3 is the one of the most impressive, unimpressive phones I have heard. And by that I mean, it doesn't grab your attention instantly. Instead, it slowely digs its claws into you and doesn't let go. Until you realize that you don't want to be let go.

your camera just luvs those fads. wink.gif glad you're enjoying the k3003 sound.
post #1385 of 1798
Any tip advice from owners? The stock mediums are a bit too big for my ear canals and the stock smalls are just a bit too small. With a bit deeper insertion the sound is just that much better.
post #1386 of 1798
You could try ortofon mediums. They run small. Or meelec trips. I really enjoyed their sound with deeper fit.
post #1387 of 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

You could try ortofon mediums. They run small. Or meelec trips. I really enjoyed their sound with deeper fit.

Thanks Shane,

Haven't sold my O's yet, so will try their tips.
post #1388 of 1798
Oh hey, didn't realize you were a new addition Judge. Mine's currently out for RMA and I miss the hell out of them, enjoy you lucky bastard wink.gif
post #1389 of 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

Oh hey, didn't realize you were a new addition Judge. Mine's currently out for RMA and I miss the hell out of them, enjoy you lucky bastard wink.gif

Why the RMA? I'm nervous about qc which is part of the reason I purchased locally. No problems from my end and I LOVE the sound, so far.
post #1390 of 1798
Cable failure unfortunately frown.gif I had a little tour going for a bit and the left channel died completely when they hit Vwinter, so away they went. They're currently at Harman HQ and hopefully I'll have a new pair sometime next week. And yes, they sound stellar IMO; my favorite phone to date
post #1391 of 1798

Any other comments out there about the cable durability?  That's the only thing that is concerning about the AKG's considering the investment.  I need some iem's that perform well at lower volumes (another old fart!), and comments have directed me to the 3003's or parterre's.  Thanks for your input!

post #1392 of 1798

I've had mine for almost a year now.  I use them most days, sometimes several times a day.  More often than not I will roll them up around 3 fingers and store them in my Wilkins Pellet pouch once I'm done.  Cable is good as new, zero issues.  Built well I think.

 

Edit - I do use the 4-pole to 3-pole converter cable all the time to save wear on the plug and because I use a 6.3mm to 3.5mm adapter in my DX100 to save wear and tear on the 3.5mm socket (as I frequently unplug/re-plug to store the IEMs) and the adapter I use seems to HATE 4-pole plugs...


Edited by Turrican2 - 10/22/13 at 7:56am
post #1393 of 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican2 View Post
 

I've had mine for almost a year now.  I use them most days, sometimes several times a day.  More often than not I will roll them up around 3 fingers and store them in my Wilkins Pellet pouch once I'm done.  Cable is good as new, zero issues.  Built well I think.

 

Edit - I do use the 4-pole to 3-pole converter cable all the time to save wear on the plug and because I use a 6.3mm to 3.5mm adapter in my DX100 to save wear and tear on the 3.5mm socket (as I frequently unplug/re-plug to store the IEMs) and the adapter I use seems to HATE 4-pole plugs...

 

 

I have had mine for several weeks now. Approaching a few months. I just wanted to declare what a phenomenal set of IEMs these are. I have a hard time pulling them out of my ears and I find myself listening to them more and more often. A better all-rounder IEM I have not heard. This is one of those 'phones that has me pulling out cd's/recordings/etc. and listening to details that I could not previously hear.

 

Wow.

 

Final mention, and I'll shut up after this, but the sparrow was spot on.

post #1394 of 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

Cable failure unfortunately frown.gif I had a little tour going for a bit and the left channel died completely when they hit Vwinter, so away they went. They're currently at Harman HQ and hopefully I'll have a new pair sometime next week. And yes, they sound stellar IMO; my favorite phone to date

 

Same here.

post #1395 of 1798
I love my Akg3003, though the only thing worrying me in the future is cable failure. I assume once it goes the only option post warranty will be to send away to have it repaired, Not having had to much experience with iems and repairing cables, is this common?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone