Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone - Page 77

post #1141 of 1820

This sounds like someone knows someone at AKG. That's probably near manufacturing cost...

post #1142 of 1820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post

I reverse engineer your original post so I can agree on that bold part.

 

I remember reading that original AKG3003 thread started by Sparrow Music. It's 15 pages of intelligent debate which I absolutely love to read again. Too bad it is locked now. I recommend reading all 15 pages for people interested in the AKG3003. I promise it will not be a boring thread. Music first post alone took me 2 days to read through all other reviews. A fantastic thread on AKG3003i

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/610145/akg-k3003-impressions-reviews-discussion

 

They don't make this kind of thread anymore nowadays.

 

Almost embarrassed to say this, but thanks for the very kind words (yes, it's unfortunate that thread got locked).

post #1143 of 1820
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeSteel View Post

Hello,

I need your help, I got an extremly good offer for the AKG K3003 , i'd get them for 300€.

 

About me, I'm not an audiophile nor do I have a lot of knowledge about audio, but I certenly have a feeling for good sound.

Till now I only own the K601 and the Klipsch s4i, in the moment I'm using cheap sony headphones, but I HATE them, I always feel like I'm missing something I got with my K601, or the K702(or the K712 Pro, I dont know which one is better?) which I also want to buy.

Most times I'm listening to soundtracks, epic, pop, dub, rnb and a lil classic.

 

What I'm asking u is are there any better IEMs suited for me at such an aggressive price?

 

My concern is that I dont get to experience all their performance cause on the go Im using my iPod, iPhone, iPad, Nexus device which I think do not have good DACs and when I'm at home I'll either use K601 or K702/K712 Pro right now i use the headphone jack from my PC but I want to buy the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 which my brother recommended evon though I dont know if I shell buy that or any other DAC?? Maybe any recommendations?

 

Please help me and stay calm I know I should educate myself on this but I have just 2 weeks left in that time everything is soo cheap or at least cheaper cause im 17 and I aint got much money!

ANd also Im sry for my bad English im really trying but its 03:00 and Im already 60 h awake so please dont mind!

 

 

THANKS!!!

Don't worry! I have tried the K3003 with the CLAS -dB and various AMPs such as ALO Rx-MK3B, TTVJ Slim and Portaphile 627X and there is IMO little (or perhaps even nothing) to be gained. It may sound a little different, but certainly not better in any general sense. I've also tried it with my 1 ohm modified CEntance DACport and it is the same story. So, don't worry!

 

Well, if it is the real thing and you get them for €300 I'd say buy as many as you can afford and then sell them for €600 or €700!

post #1144 of 1820
if that deal's kosher then bargain!

hey aero dynamik, thanks for the good wishes man.

@ music, it was your thread that hipped me to the k3003. smily_headphones1.gif
post #1145 of 1820
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post

I reverse engineer your original post so I can agree on that bold part.

 

I remember reading that original AKG3003 thread started by Sparrow Music. It's 15 pages of intelligent debate which I absolutely love to read again. Too bad it is locked now. I recommend reading all 15 pages for people interested in the AKG3003. I promise it will not be a boring thread. Music first post alone took me 2 days to read through all other reviews. A fantastic thread on AKG3003i

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/610145/akg-k3003-impressions-reviews-discussion

 

They don't make this kind of thread anymore nowadays.

 

Almost embarrassed to say this, but thanks for the very kind words (yes, it's unfortunate that thread got locked).

Indeed! I would say more than "unfortunate"!

 

For your and others' information I did cry out to Currawong to reopen the thread, but was compendiously informed that it’s just not going the happen, and I too regret it very much.

 

I recommend anyone looking for information about the K3003 to start in that thread!

post #1146 of 1820
Quote:
Originally Posted by up late View Post

@ music, it was your thread posts that hipped me to the k3003. smily_headphones1.gif

 

There, fixed.

post #1147 of 1820
nope - it was your thread music but it was shotgunshane's posts that won me over. wink.gif
post #1148 of 1820
Quote:
Originally Posted by up late View Post

nope - it was your thread music but it was shotgunshane's posts that won me over. wink.gif

 

shotgunshane's posts!!!!?? That's confirmation there really is something awfully wrong with you, then.

post #1149 of 1820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post

Are they faking 3003's already?

 

I would say almost definitely not. The 3003s are such a niche product that it wouldn't be worth the effort of faking. It's not like a Rolex watch where almost everyone wants one but can't afford one. Most would simply not understand, or want to even know what is so good about an earphone that doesn't have Dr Dre stamped on it!

 

The cost of imitating all those little bits like the filters, box design, case etc would just be prohibitive. The poster that mentioned 300 Euros may have been referring to a used pair though....

post #1150 of 1820
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonstatt View Post

 

I would say almost definitely not. The 3003s are such a niche product that it wouldn't be worth the effort of faking. It's not like a Rolex watch where almost everyone wants one but can't afford one. Most would simply not understand, or want to even know what is so good about an earphone that doesn't have Dr Dre stamped on it!

 

The cost of imitating all those little bits like the filters, box design, case etc would just be prohibitive. The poster that mentioned 300 Euros may have been referring to a used pair though....

I agree - I probably should have added a biggrin.gif to my post - it was tongue in cheek (or finger in ear) - although for the amount of money that could me made from each unit - I wouldn't say definitively that it isn't on someone's nefarious mind. There was a post a few months back where someone had a fake pair of AKG 340 or something like that - it was an aluminum body IEM about the same size as a 3003 - that's why it is always important to buy new from reputable dealers - and when buying used, confirming provenance.

post #1151 of 1820

So thanks for your reply

1. I'm sry but I cant talk about my connection, though what I can say is what I get is as fresh as it could be and definitely NOT fake, its just an immense discount!

 

2. What Im thinking about is: are the K3003 even better then the Klipsch s4i II, the Sony XBA-4, the new beats tours, sol republic? Cause am I going to hear the difference If I use an iPhone for playback

 

3.Shell I take the K3003 instead of noise canceling over-ears like the Harman Kardon NC?

 

4. what kind of a difference is there between the K3003 and the above mentioned earbuds?

 

5. Are they comfy? Like not havey, do they fit snugly, are'nt they fateguing?

 

6. what is ment if some pro says these headphones arent relaxing like HD650? I often have the feeling that my K601 are pretty fatiguing!?

 

7. I also got a discount for K702 65 Annie and K712 Pro which one are better? I like a deep bass, still balanced and I hate not being able to turn up the volume due to christalyzed treble, it ****s up my ears

 

8. as a DAC for my PC should I go with the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2? Or are there any better ones with a cheaper price?

 

9.As I said I dont know much about audio so I dont understand 90% of whats in this forum, good thing about that is for average consumers its to complicated, why is that good I'm a concepter with many contacts and a brother whos an audio engineer at Abbey Road studios or something, so I thought theres massive potential in the consumer category audio, so I came up with the idea of headphones with integrated dac which u can change and a new wireless standard which standards going to be released in 2014 so maybe with little chance im coming up with something amazing if so u guys will hear about it sry that I cant tell u anymore about that project  I Know this sounds crazy but Im a visionaire and even though I nearly know nothing about audio stuff I know alot about marketing and in past I've proofed to my self that I can learn and work very fast so stay tuned for this!


Edited by LukeSteel - 7/19/13 at 7:26am
post #1152 of 1820
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeSteel View Post

So thanks for your reply

1. I'm sry but I cant talk about my connection, though what I can say is what I get is as fresh as it could be and definitely NOT fake, its just an immense discount!

 

2. What Im thinking about is: are the K3003 even better then the Klipsch s4i II, the Sony XBA-4, the new beats tours, sol republic? Cause am I going to hear the difference If I use an iPhone for playback

 

3.Shell I take the K3003 instead of noise canceling over-ears like the Harman Kardon NC?

 

4. what kind of a difference is there between the K3003 and the above mentioned earbuds?

 

5. Are they comfy? Like not havey, do they fit snugly, are'nt they fateguing?

 

6. what is ment if some pro says these headphones arent relaxing like HD650? I often have the feeling that my K601 are pretty fatiguing!?

 

7. I also got a discount for K702 65 Annie and K712 Pro which one are better? I like a deep bass, still balanced and I hate not being able to turn up the volume due to christalyzed treble, it ****s up my ears

 

8. as a DAC for my PC should I go with the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2? Or are there any better ones with a cheaper price?

 

9.As I said I dont know much about audio so I dont understand 90% of whats in this forum, good thing about that is for average consumers its to complicated, why is that good I'm a concepter with many contacts and a brother whos an audio engineer at Abbey Road studios or something, so I thought theres massive potential in the consumer category audio, so I came up with the idea of headphones with integrated dac which u can change and a new wireless standard which standards going to be released in 2014 so maybe with little chance im coming up with something amazing if so u guys will hear about it sry that I cant tell u anymore about that project  I Know this sounds crazy but Im a visionaire and even though I nearly know nothing about audio stuff I know alot about marketing and in past I've proofed to my self that I can learn and work very fast so stay tuned for this!

Ill try to answer you in a non-pro way..;)

1) Jump on it.

2) Hell yes

3) Never heard HK , but if they were any better than AKG3003, I'd be having them..;)

4) There is no comparison honestly..we're talking chalk and cheese here.(im not joking..you will be the one telling me this when you own the 3003..;)

5) Yes, they are comfortable . You get used to the weight after a while, at least that was in my case. For smaller ear canals there may be a little discomfort after the 2 hour listening mark. Again, they fit snuggly if you dont have too small ear canals. Fatigue would be proportional to the above and time spent with them.

6) The HD650 has a darker sound representation. When a phone is dominant in the higher frequencies ( brighter ) , it could cause ears to feel a little fatigue. But again, our

bodies adapt wonderfully, and so shall yours. Having said that, I would call the AKG3003 bright and satisfying, but not fatiguing (but thats my ears speaking) 

7) I dont know about them.

8)No idea there. I listen to my AKGs straight off my MB pro, and they sound delicious.

9) Sounds good !

 

There are tons of 'pros' here on this forum, and I ain't one. I am a regular guy with regular ears listening to regular stuff with an EXTRAORDINARY iem..lol..hope it helps.


Edited by sup3r8 - 7/19/13 at 2:19pm
post #1153 of 1820
post #1154 of 1820
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

What a great IEM the K3003 is: http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Fratres+for+Violin+And+Piano/3qZraQ?src=5

I agree! The synergy between the K3003 and this piece of music is amazing. I’ve never heard a violin E string sound so realistically steely on any other recording/headphone before. Brilliant! Also, fascinating piece of music! I’ve never heard about Arvo Pärt before (I guess I really should have!? smile.gif) It reminds me a bit about both Bach and Shostakovich.


Also, what a great site “Grooveshark” seems to be. I had no knowledge of its existence and was surprised the file was (more than) high quality. Is it legal!? I hope so! It looks/sounds like a gold mine to me!


Thank you music_4321!

 

Speaking about Shostakovich I really must recommend his Cello Concerto No. 1 in E flat major, Op. 107 with Mstislav Rostropovich (who I as a music student had the great privilege to briefly meet some 33 odd years ago). I especially enjoy the second movement, but the entire recording is just out of this world and it too goes very well with the K3003. Enjoy the second movement here!
 

post #1155 of 1820

An important note for those who follow Rin Choi's blog.

 

Rin calls the k3003 "an experiment project" while the Sennheiser IE800 is a "masterpiece". Rin says "I personally prefer IE800" to the k3003.

 

You can find this in Rin's page on the IE800.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone