Hi. My IE-30s recently kicked the bucket and am looking for a replacement. I mainly listen to Hardcore (Punk) & Metal and have read some promising threads about the GR07 & RE-262's. Any comments on either of these, or other IEMs would be appreciated. Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- Newb Looking for Good IEM around 150 (GR07,262,EPH-100,R-50,BA200) Last post on 12/2/12 at 2:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM for at the office Last post on 11/10/12 at 7:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Former Audiophile looking for IEM Last post on 10/13/12 at 5:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help with my first high quality IEM purchase. Last post on 9/17/12 at 1:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
The H10 from Gustard is the best solid state amplifier I've heard that retails for under $500. It's better than most that retail for under $1000. This thing deserves a quality review so here it...
PreIntroduction: I am in no way affiliated or work for Aune. For this review, the Aune B1 has been provided to me as a review sample by Aune, as one of the 10 review samples sent out to...
Note: Review was done with a sample provided by DUNU-Topsound. For a more complete picture, please visit the dedicated thread for the DUNU DN-2000J (here). The DN-2000J is a classically...
Review: MDR-1A is the Head of Its’ Class Intro There exists a number of different schools of headphones with many different classes. In elementary school we had Apples Earpods as required...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEM Recommendations for metal / rock...GR07 or RE-262???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I own a pair of R262. Great for rock!
The only thing it's lacking is probably a little bit of bass.You can clearly hear all the instruments (man, this sounds wonderful with something like No quarter - Jimmy Page and Robert Plant mtv unplugged or Kiss unplugged), the voice is awesome (Bruce Dickinson voice or James Dio are...WOW), but, a little downside, and probably the only for rock, is that I really like when the bass creates that enviromental sound, like a little pressure on the ear, while other instruments perform, and the RE262 lacks this.
A lot of people said that the GR07 is also very very good to metal/rock.
Edited by MikonJuice - 8/11/11 at 4:14pm
- IEM Recommendations for metal / rock...GR07 or RE-262???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100 14 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › World's first portable Hybrid Valve Headphone Amplifier (with a... 4 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 4 minutes ago
- › Best sub-$200 (flexible) cans for classical, punk, and some... 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › WAV Sounds The Best (To Me) 8 minutes ago
- › Upgradability attacks! Looking for a new amp to my 880s and 598s 9 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Headphones by ItsMeHere
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by Peter West
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2