Hi. My IE-30s recently kicked the bucket and am looking for a replacement. I mainly listen to Hardcore (Punk) & Metal and have read some promising threads about the GR07 & RE-262's. Any comments on either of these, or other IEMs would be appreciated. Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- Newb Looking for Good IEM around 150 (GR07,262,EPH-100,R-50,BA200) Last post on 12/2/12 at 2:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM for at the office Last post on 11/10/12 at 7:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Former Audiophile looking for IEM Last post on 10/13/12 at 5:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help with my first high quality IEM purchase. Last post on 9/17/12 at 1:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEM Recommendations for metal / rock...GR07 or RE-262???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I own a pair of R262. Great for rock!
The only thing it's lacking is probably a little bit of bass.You can clearly hear all the instruments (man, this sounds wonderful with something like No quarter - Jimmy Page and Robert Plant mtv unplugged or Kiss unplugged), the voice is awesome (Bruce Dickinson voice or James Dio are...WOW), but, a little downside, and probably the only for rock, is that I really like when the bass creates that enviromental sound, like a little pressure on the ear, while other instruments perform, and the RE262 lacks this.
A lot of people said that the GR07 is also very very good to metal/rock.
Edited by MikonJuice - 8/11/11 at 4:14pm
- IEM Recommendations for metal / rock...GR07 or RE-262???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 49 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 4 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 4 minutes ago
- › Destiny 4 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › beyerdynamic DTX 350 p Portable Headphones by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)