Hi. My IE-30s recently kicked the bucket and am looking for a replacement. I mainly listen to Hardcore (Punk) & Metal and have read some promising threads about the GR07 & RE-262's. Any comments on either of these, or other IEMs would be appreciated. Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- Newb Looking for Good IEM around 150 (GR07,262,EPH-100,R-50,BA200) Last post on 12/2/12 at 2:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM for at the office Last post on 11/10/12 at 7:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Former Audiophile looking for IEM Last post on 10/13/12 at 5:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help with my first high quality IEM purchase. Last post on 9/17/12 at 1:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEM Recommendations for metal / rock...GR07 or RE-262???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I own a pair of R262. Great for rock!
The only thing it's lacking is probably a little bit of bass.You can clearly hear all the instruments (man, this sounds wonderful with something like No quarter - Jimmy Page and Robert Plant mtv unplugged or Kiss unplugged), the voice is awesome (Bruce Dickinson voice or James Dio are...WOW), but, a little downside, and probably the only for rock, is that I really like when the bass creates that enviromental sound, like a little pressure on the ear, while other instruments perform, and the RE262 lacks this.
A lot of people said that the GR07 is also very very good to metal/rock.
Edited by MikonJuice - 8/11/11 at 4:14pm
- IEM Recommendations for metal / rock...GR07 or RE-262???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 seconds ago
- › LH Labs Verb IEM Impressions Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Vape-Fi 56 seconds ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 1 minute ago
- › The Answer to $400 Smooth & Warm Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 2 minutes ago
- › 2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500 2 minutes ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2