Hello everyone, i'm looking to buy some closed back, on ear headphones, under £40 preferably. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which headphones to go for. The smaller the better really, and if they folded that would be ideal. Thanks in advance.
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/18/11
- productMEElectronics M6-BK In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 5/25/11
- productMEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound Tuning for iPod, iPhone, MP3/CD/DVD Players (Black)tagged by System, 5/25/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 5/25/11
- productPL50 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/25/11
- productSennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 5/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Long lasting, Great sounding in-ear earphones under $60 (Australian) Last post on 8/24/12 at 1:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for new in ear head phones for around $30 Last post on 5/23/11 at 6:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with under 80$ IEMS (RE0, S4, M2 or ?) Last post on 7/17/12 at 9:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best isolation-with-comfort under $100 ? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hi guys, this is my first post and my first review, please consider too that I am not a native speaker, neither an audiophile. Right now I own a useless Fiio X3, its battery died and I have...
I'm not sure if this is the same model I got with my iPhone 4s or not. There have been tons of different models of these buds released for different i-devices. The ones that I received with my 4s...
I barely used them... got one pair and a few months later the left earpiece started cutting sound. The retail shop opened them and did a messy job, were working and then stopped. Got a 2nd pair,...
Wow...these cans seem to generate a lot of passion! Mr. Tech Agent's review below is a pretty tough act to follow, but I will try. 1st a quote from the literature that comes with the HD 650's:...
Final Audio Adagio III Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/744122/final-audio-adagio-iii-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Oh god,...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 105/19/11 at 7:40pm
What musical genres do you prefer, and where will you be listening? Knowing a little more might shake more suggestions from the community tree . . . so to speak.
Since you ask for a closed design, I am assuming that some sound isolation is needed. Is this the case, or am I reading too much into your original post?
In that price range, you might try the Sennheiser PX 100-II; but those are open. The pricier PX 200-II is closed, but I think it might be just above your target price.
I am afraid I've exhausted my experience with this sort of headphone . . .post #3 of 105/20/11 at 4:29amBrainwavz M2, Soundmagic PL50, Head Direct R0, Mee M6, Sp51... I have the 2 first of the list, had a Mee too but use the Soundmagic and Brainwavz... they are magic, better than a Sony in ear buds at 90€... I have the MDR500 which are a real S... Compared to Soundmagic and Brainwavz...post #4 of 105/20/11 at 11:08amQuote:Originally Posted by Cielbleufr
Brainwavz M2, Soundmagic PL50, Head Direct R0, Mee M6, Sp51... I have the 2 first of the list, had a Mee too but use the Soundmagic and Brainwavz... they are magic, better than a Sony in ear buds at 90€... I have the MDR500 which are a real S... Compared to Soundmagic and Brainwavz...
Closed back, ON EAR...not IEMs.
And I agree...spend slightly more and get the Senn px 200s.post #5 of 105/20/11 at 4:30pmThread Starterpost #6 of 105/21/11 at 4:14amThread Starterpost #7 of 105/22/11 at 9:01am
Just to be clear, your setup is Notebook > DAC > HD-558, right? If so, then I would recommend an amp. Since this is for home/office, don't overlook that old receiver in the closet as a headphone amp. That would certainly be the inexpensive route of choice I think.
If you need to buy something, the Little Dot I+ might be interesting; or, for about another $100US, the Schiit Asgard got a lot of buzz last year. FiiO is another popular brand, and the E9 might work for you. However, I can not make a recommendation one way or the other as I have not owned any of them. You might ask this question in the Headphone Amps (full-size) forum.post #8 of 105/23/11 at 11:53amThread Starterpost #9 of 105/23/11 at 1:05pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ADVICE NEEDED!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 15 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 31 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) 3 minutes ago
- › New User :D Looking for recommendations on equipment for desktop... 3 minutes ago
- › For Sale: Meier-Audio Corda Concerto headphone amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Time to upgrade again 4 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by yialanliu
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by 10shot9miss
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by Arturoo123
- › Apple iPod Earphones Headphones for iPod Nano, Touch & Classic by GoldenGuy66
- › Shure SE215 by damianmb
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Willy 2 Streams
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)