Hello everyone, i'm looking to buy some closed back, on ear headphones, under £40 preferably. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which headphones to go for. The smaller the better really, and if they folded that would be ideal. Thanks in advance.
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/18/11
- productMEElectronics M6-BK In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 5/25/11
- productMEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound Tuning for iPod, iPhone, MP3/CD/DVD Players (Black)tagged by System, 5/25/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 5/25/11
- productPL50 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/25/11
- productSennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 5/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Long lasting, Great sounding in-ear earphones under $60 (Australian) Last post on 8/24/12 at 1:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for new in ear head phones for around $30 Last post on 5/23/11 at 6:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with under 80$ IEMS (RE0, S4, M2 or ?) Last post on 7/17/12 at 9:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best isolation-with-comfort under $100 ? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
i know you already read the threads full of people talking about how nice is this earphone. i know they're all talking about how cheap and bang for buck it is and which one is the original and...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 105/19/11 at 7:40pm
What musical genres do you prefer, and where will you be listening? Knowing a little more might shake more suggestions from the community tree . . . so to speak.
Since you ask for a closed design, I am assuming that some sound isolation is needed. Is this the case, or am I reading too much into your original post?
In that price range, you might try the Sennheiser PX 100-II; but those are open. The pricier PX 200-II is closed, but I think it might be just above your target price.
I am afraid I've exhausted my experience with this sort of headphone . . .post #3 of 105/20/11 at 4:29amBrainwavz M2, Soundmagic PL50, Head Direct R0, Mee M6, Sp51... I have the 2 first of the list, had a Mee too but use the Soundmagic and Brainwavz... they are magic, better than a Sony in ear buds at 90€... I have the MDR500 which are a real S... Compared to Soundmagic and Brainwavz...post #4 of 105/20/11 at 11:08amQuote:Originally Posted by Cielbleufr
Brainwavz M2, Soundmagic PL50, Head Direct R0, Mee M6, Sp51... I have the 2 first of the list, had a Mee too but use the Soundmagic and Brainwavz... they are magic, better than a Sony in ear buds at 90€... I have the MDR500 which are a real S... Compared to Soundmagic and Brainwavz...
Closed back, ON EAR...not IEMs.
And I agree...spend slightly more and get the Senn px 200s.post #5 of 105/20/11 at 4:30pmThread Starterpost #6 of 105/21/11 at 4:14amThread Starterpost #7 of 105/22/11 at 9:01am
Just to be clear, your setup is Notebook > DAC > HD-558, right? If so, then I would recommend an amp. Since this is for home/office, don't overlook that old receiver in the closet as a headphone amp. That would certainly be the inexpensive route of choice I think.
If you need to buy something, the Little Dot I+ might be interesting; or, for about another $100US, the Schiit Asgard got a lot of buzz last year. FiiO is another popular brand, and the E9 might work for you. However, I can not make a recommendation one way or the other as I have not owned any of them. You might ask this question in the Headphone Amps (full-size) forum.post #8 of 105/23/11 at 11:53amThread Starterpost #9 of 105/23/11 at 1:05pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ADVICE NEEDED!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 12 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 48 seconds ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 1 minute ago
- › Ultimate Sound Fair 2014 Jakarta Indonesia impression and report on... 2 minutes ago
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shoutout: Next time you visit the Chicago O'Hare/ORD Airport... 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 4 minutes ago
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by vaziyetu
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › Review before you send an email
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3