Hello everyone, i'm looking to buy some closed back, on ear headphones, under £40 preferably. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which headphones to go for. The smaller the better really, and if they folded that would be ideal. Thanks in advance.
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/18/11
- productMEElectronics M6-BK In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 5/25/11
- productMEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound Tuning for iPod, iPhone, MP3/CD/DVD Players (Black)tagged by System, 5/25/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 5/25/11
- productPL50 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/25/11
- productSennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 5/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Long lasting, Great sounding in-ear earphones under $60 (Australian) Last post on 8/24/12 at 1:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for new in ear head phones for around $30 Last post on 5/23/11 at 6:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with under 80$ IEMS (RE0, S4, M2 or ?) Last post on 7/17/12 at 9:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best isolation-with-comfort under $100 ? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 105/19/11 at 7:40pm
What musical genres do you prefer, and where will you be listening? Knowing a little more might shake more suggestions from the community tree . . . so to speak.
Since you ask for a closed design, I am assuming that some sound isolation is needed. Is this the case, or am I reading too much into your original post?
In that price range, you might try the Sennheiser PX 100-II; but those are open. The pricier PX 200-II is closed, but I think it might be just above your target price.
I am afraid I've exhausted my experience with this sort of headphone . . .post #3 of 105/20/11 at 4:29amBrainwavz M2, Soundmagic PL50, Head Direct R0, Mee M6, Sp51... I have the 2 first of the list, had a Mee too but use the Soundmagic and Brainwavz... they are magic, better than a Sony in ear buds at 90€... I have the MDR500 which are a real S... Compared to Soundmagic and Brainwavz...post #4 of 105/20/11 at 11:08amQuote:Originally Posted by Cielbleufr
Brainwavz M2, Soundmagic PL50, Head Direct R0, Mee M6, Sp51... I have the 2 first of the list, had a Mee too but use the Soundmagic and Brainwavz... they are magic, better than a Sony in ear buds at 90€... I have the MDR500 which are a real S... Compared to Soundmagic and Brainwavz...
Closed back, ON EAR...not IEMs.
And I agree...spend slightly more and get the Senn px 200s.post #5 of 105/20/11 at 4:30pmThread Starterpost #6 of 105/21/11 at 4:14amThread Starterpost #7 of 105/22/11 at 9:01am
Just to be clear, your setup is Notebook > DAC > HD-558, right? If so, then I would recommend an amp. Since this is for home/office, don't overlook that old receiver in the closet as a headphone amp. That would certainly be the inexpensive route of choice I think.
If you need to buy something, the Little Dot I+ might be interesting; or, for about another $100US, the Schiit Asgard got a lot of buzz last year. FiiO is another popular brand, and the E9 might work for you. However, I can not make a recommendation one way or the other as I have not owned any of them. You might ask this question in the Headphone Amps (full-size) forum.post #8 of 105/23/11 at 11:53amThread Starterpost #9 of 105/23/11 at 1:05pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ADVICE NEEDED!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › DT 880 vs. DT 990 for classical music 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Pan Am Stack with Tubes 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Pan Am Stack with Tubes 5 minutes ago
- › Introduction of FiiO newest PCOCC-A headphone cables--... 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Couple of 6ak5/6hm5 tubes 5 minutes ago
- › Weird Sennheiser Urbanite Ad 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)