Hello everyone, i'm looking to buy some closed back, on ear headphones, under £40 preferably. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which headphones to go for. The smaller the better really, and if they folded that would be ideal. Thanks in advance.
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/18/11
- productMEElectronics M6-BK In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 5/25/11
- productMEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound Tuning for iPod, iPhone, MP3/CD/DVD Players (Black)tagged by System, 5/25/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 5/25/11
- productPL50 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/25/11
- productSennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 5/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Long lasting, Great sounding in-ear earphones under $60 (Australian) Last post on 8/24/12 at 1:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for new in ear head phones for around $30 Last post on 5/23/11 at 6:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with under 80$ IEMS (RE0, S4, M2 or ?) Last post on 7/17/12 at 9:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best isolation-with-comfort under $100 ? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
They look cheap. The "silver" plastic is very bad taste. They are also too big to go around, unless you are one of those guys who like to show themselves with headphones bigger than their...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 105/19/11 at 7:40pm
What musical genres do you prefer, and where will you be listening? Knowing a little more might shake more suggestions from the community tree . . . so to speak.
Since you ask for a closed design, I am assuming that some sound isolation is needed. Is this the case, or am I reading too much into your original post?
In that price range, you might try the Sennheiser PX 100-II; but those are open. The pricier PX 200-II is closed, but I think it might be just above your target price.
I am afraid I've exhausted my experience with this sort of headphone . . .post #3 of 105/20/11 at 4:29amBrainwavz M2, Soundmagic PL50, Head Direct R0, Mee M6, Sp51... I have the 2 first of the list, had a Mee too but use the Soundmagic and Brainwavz... they are magic, better than a Sony in ear buds at 90€... I have the MDR500 which are a real S... Compared to Soundmagic and Brainwavz...post #4 of 105/20/11 at 11:08amQuote:Originally Posted by Cielbleufr
Brainwavz M2, Soundmagic PL50, Head Direct R0, Mee M6, Sp51... I have the 2 first of the list, had a Mee too but use the Soundmagic and Brainwavz... they are magic, better than a Sony in ear buds at 90€... I have the MDR500 which are a real S... Compared to Soundmagic and Brainwavz...
Closed back, ON EAR...not IEMs.
And I agree...spend slightly more and get the Senn px 200s.post #5 of 105/20/11 at 4:30pmThread Starterpost #6 of 105/21/11 at 4:14amThread Starterpost #7 of 105/22/11 at 9:01am
Just to be clear, your setup is Notebook > DAC > HD-558, right? If so, then I would recommend an amp. Since this is for home/office, don't overlook that old receiver in the closet as a headphone amp. That would certainly be the inexpensive route of choice I think.
If you need to buy something, the Little Dot I+ might be interesting; or, for about another $100US, the Schiit Asgard got a lot of buzz last year. FiiO is another popular brand, and the E9 might work for you. However, I can not make a recommendation one way or the other as I have not owned any of them. You might ask this question in the Headphone Amps (full-size) forum.post #8 of 105/23/11 at 11:53amThread Starterpost #9 of 105/23/11 at 1:05pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ADVICE NEEDED!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Shure SRH 840 vs denon adh2000 vs demon adh600 vs Ath-50x 21 seconds ago
- › Chicago Area Meet - Saturday April 25 - Part of the Ear Gear Expo... 36 seconds ago
- › What headphones are these? From the movie A Nightmare on Elm Street 42 seconds ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 51 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 52 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB! 1 minute ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 1 minute ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 2 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V2 by Zeejet
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3