Hello everyone, i'm looking to buy some closed back, on ear headphones, under £40 preferably. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which headphones to go for. The smaller the better really, and if they folded that would be ideal. Thanks in advance.
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/18/11
- productMEElectronics M6-BK In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 5/25/11
- productMEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound Tuning for iPod, iPhone, MP3/CD/DVD Players (Black)tagged by System, 5/25/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 5/25/11
- productPL50 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/25/11
- productSennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 5/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Long lasting, Great sounding in-ear earphones under $60 (Australian) Last post on 8/24/12 at 1:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for new in ear head phones for around $30 Last post on 5/23/11 at 6:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with under 80$ IEMS (RE0, S4, M2 or ?) Last post on 7/17/12 at 9:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best isolation-with-comfort under $100 ? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an unprecedented...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 105/19/11 at 7:40pm
What musical genres do you prefer, and where will you be listening? Knowing a little more might shake more suggestions from the community tree . . . so to speak.
Since you ask for a closed design, I am assuming that some sound isolation is needed. Is this the case, or am I reading too much into your original post?
In that price range, you might try the Sennheiser PX 100-II; but those are open. The pricier PX 200-II is closed, but I think it might be just above your target price.
I am afraid I've exhausted my experience with this sort of headphone . . .post #3 of 105/20/11 at 4:29amBrainwavz M2, Soundmagic PL50, Head Direct R0, Mee M6, Sp51... I have the 2 first of the list, had a Mee too but use the Soundmagic and Brainwavz... they are magic, better than a Sony in ear buds at 90€... I have the MDR500 which are a real S... Compared to Soundmagic and Brainwavz...post #4 of 105/20/11 at 11:08amQuote:Originally Posted by Cielbleufr
Brainwavz M2, Soundmagic PL50, Head Direct R0, Mee M6, Sp51... I have the 2 first of the list, had a Mee too but use the Soundmagic and Brainwavz... they are magic, better than a Sony in ear buds at 90€... I have the MDR500 which are a real S... Compared to Soundmagic and Brainwavz...
Closed back, ON EAR...not IEMs.
And I agree...spend slightly more and get the Senn px 200s.post #5 of 105/20/11 at 4:30pmThread Starterpost #6 of 105/21/11 at 4:14amThread Starterpost #7 of 105/22/11 at 9:01am
Just to be clear, your setup is Notebook > DAC > HD-558, right? If so, then I would recommend an amp. Since this is for home/office, don't overlook that old receiver in the closet as a headphone amp. That would certainly be the inexpensive route of choice I think.
If you need to buy something, the Little Dot I+ might be interesting; or, for about another $100US, the Schiit Asgard got a lot of buzz last year. FiiO is another popular brand, and the E9 might work for you. However, I can not make a recommendation one way or the other as I have not owned any of them. You might ask this question in the Headphone Amps (full-size) forum.post #8 of 105/23/11 at 11:53amThread Starterpost #9 of 105/23/11 at 1:05pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ADVICE NEEDED!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Shure SE846 - priced to sell!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 6 minutes ago
- › FX-Audio DAC-X6 initial impressions 7 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 10 minutes ago
- › FX-Audio DAC-X6 2016 Release; potential sub-$100 king? 10 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 10 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 11 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 12 minutes ago
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...