Ive been selling off my IEM/headphones in anticipation for these haha. Wondering if anyone has any info on the release.
Related Forum Threads
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [kiteki review] - Hifiman RE0 / RE252 / RE272 versus other IEM's (post #153) Last post on 2/10/12 at 3:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Guy Here... Last post on 1/14/11 at 2:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Considering replacing my IEM Last post on 1/13/11 at 2:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] HiFiMan RE-262 - A Midrange Heavyweight Last post on 1/10/11 at 10:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationEdited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
I have a review thread comparing the TMA-1 Studio with the Sony MDR-1R, Z1000, Sennheiser Momentum, Logitech UE 6000 and Audio Technica M50...
I have a review thread comparing the Sony 7550, EX1000, XBA-4 and XBA-40...
I have a review thread comparing the Sony EX1000, 7550, XBA-4 and XBA-40...
I have made a review thread comparing the Sony MDR-1R with the Sennhesier Momentum, MDR-Z1000, Logitech UE 6000, Audio Technica ATH-M50 and AIAIAI TMA-1...
I have made a review thread comparing the Momentum with the Sony MDR-1R, MDR-Z1000, Logitech UE 6000, Audio Technica ATH-M50 and AIAIAI TMA-1...
Any news on re272?post #1 of 55/18/11 at 7:02amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 55/18/11 at 11:03am
I've had a couple e-mail conversations with Fang and they have told me that they are pretty close to being ready to release them, but are just working out a few kinks. Apparently, they are trying to finish making the cable surface smoother so it is more flexible and less microphonic. I was told that as soon as they work that out, it should be ready to be released. I'm getting quite anxious because I've been holding my breath for these forever too!post #3 of 55/18/11 at 3:01pm
Cabling is a touchy subject. It's hard to get things just right. I tend to find that twisted cable is kind of the easier solution. People like it, it works, and microphonics are generally low. The twisting even creates a small amount of spring and give to the cable too, not a ton but some. As for normal cables, one of my favorites has been my OK1 earbud cables. It has a nice rubbery feel, very flexible, no memory, decently durable, etc. I've always just liked it over a lot of other products although it's not technically the most robust, pretty, or absolutely durable thing out there.
Was there any talk of sound signature? That's mostly what I'm curious in. I've used the RE0, RE-Zero, RE252, and RE262. I think very highly of the RE262 driver, but the RE252 and even RE-Zero offers more balance and broad genre use with less coloration. The RE262 is a great mid-centric earphone though..if mid-centric is what you're looking for. I was hoping for balance though as the RE252 and RE-Zero are better geared.post #4 of 55/18/11 at 3:16pm
There aren't many impressions about the actual sound out, though the RE272 is 'supposed' to have more treble presence. There are only a handful of head-fiers who have head the RE272, which can be found out using google searching. Also, apparently the RE272 was given away as a prize in a Chinese forum and there are some impressions there, but google translate isn't too helpful.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any news on re272?
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 14 seconds ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › DX50 a new smaller DAP coming from iBasso. . .Specifications page... 2 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 2 minutes ago
- › [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD... 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 3 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan HE-300 Coming Soon! 6 minutes ago
- › AIAIAI TMA-1 Studio Headphones by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-7550 In-Ear Monitors (IEM) by a_recording
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-1R by a_recording
- › Sennheiser Momentum by a_recording
- › Soundmagic HP200 by Quadpatch
- › Pioneer SE-A1000 Lightweight Audiophile AV Over-Ear Headphones (Black) by CrystalT
- › JVC HA-FXT90 by JoeDoe
- › Firestone Tobby by project86
- › Sennheiser IE80 by minhquancanon7d
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe