Ive been selling off my IEM/headphones in anticipation for these haha. Wondering if anyone has any info on the release.
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 5/18/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/18/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 5/18/11
- productHiFiMAN RE252tagged by System, 5/18/11
- productHiFiMAN RE272tagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [kiteki review] - Hifiman RE0 / RE252 / RE272 versus other IEM's (post #153) Last post on 2/10/12 at 3:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Guy Here... Last post on 1/14/11 at 2:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Considering replacing my IEM Last post on 1/13/11 at 2:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] HiFiMan RE-262 - A Midrange Heavyweight Last post on 1/10/11 at 10:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
SOUNDMAGIC E50S IN EAR MONITOR REVIEW Firstly, like to thank SoundMAGIC for supplying the E50S Review unit Features and Design The E50S is the latest in ear monitor from SoundMAGIC....
My initial impressions of this headphone were good, but it has taken a week for me of careful listening to really appreciate their qualities and purpose. Ultimately, I love these headphones and...
Overview, design and build: The CKR10 is currently the flagship dynamic driver earphones from Audio Technica. I bought it used from another Head-Fi user. Packaging and accesories are simple but...
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as buffer (Current amp). It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Any news on re272?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've had a couple e-mail conversations with Fang and they have told me that they are pretty close to being ready to release them, but are just working out a few kinks. Apparently, they are trying to finish making the cable surface smoother so it is more flexible and less microphonic. I was told that as soon as they work that out, it should be ready to be released. I'm getting quite anxious because I've been holding my breath for these forever too!
Cabling is a touchy subject. It's hard to get things just right. I tend to find that twisted cable is kind of the easier solution. People like it, it works, and microphonics are generally low. The twisting even creates a small amount of spring and give to the cable too, not a ton but some. As for normal cables, one of my favorites has been my OK1 earbud cables. It has a nice rubbery feel, very flexible, no memory, decently durable, etc. I've always just liked it over a lot of other products although it's not technically the most robust, pretty, or absolutely durable thing out there.
Was there any talk of sound signature? That's mostly what I'm curious in. I've used the RE0, RE-Zero, RE252, and RE262. I think very highly of the RE262 driver, but the RE252 and even RE-Zero offers more balance and broad genre use with less coloration. The RE262 is a great mid-centric earphone though..if mid-centric is what you're looking for. I was hoping for balance though as the RE252 and RE-Zero are better geared.
There aren't many impressions about the actual sound out, though the RE272 is 'supposed' to have more treble presence. There are only a handful of head-fiers who have head the RE272, which can be found out using google searching. Also, apparently the RE272 was given away as a prize in a Chinese forum and there are some impressions there, but google translate isn't too helpful.
- Any news on re272?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › What's the Problem with the Sennheiser IE800 Compared to Other IEMs? 49 seconds ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 1 minute ago
- › New DAP Shanling M2 is coming, smaller size and all new design 1 minute ago
- › worst date stories 2 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (August 30, 2015) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Quad Fest 2015 - 19th and 20th of September the next QuadFest will... 2 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 2 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Aegis - 192kHz 24bit DAC/amp - Compatible with Android and iOS! 2 minutes ago
- › [TEASER] Massdrop x ??? - New Custom In-Ear Monitor available... 3 minutes ago
- › 2015 Tokyo Autumn Fujiya Avic Headphone festival - 24-25 October 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2