Ive been selling off my IEM/headphones in anticipation for these haha. Wondering if anyone has any info on the release.
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 5/18/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/18/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 5/18/11
- productHiFiMAN RE252tagged by System, 5/18/11
- productHiFiMAN RE272tagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [kiteki review] - Hifiman RE0 / RE252 / RE272 versus other IEM's (post #153) Last post on 2/10/12 at 3:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Guy Here... Last post on 1/14/11 at 2:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Considering replacing my IEM Last post on 1/13/11 at 2:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] HiFiMan RE-262 - A Midrange Heavyweight Last post on 1/10/11 at 10:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
1. Introduction The Prophile-8, a 8 balanced armature in-ear monitor, is the new flagship from well-established German brand In-ear. So far the brand had an offering going from 2 to 4 driver...
Video Review It's not unusual to find a headphone or IEM manufacturer to branch out into making their own amps, and then their own cables, but Ken Ball is one of two people who have gone in...
Warm, good sounding player with no harshness. Spacious and natural sound. Easy to listen for long time without any fatigue. Fiio x5 II sounds more neutral and analytical with harshness on upper...
Introduction: I love music and I love good quality sound and this is my hobby. I prefer to find the best portable setups available as I do not like to be stationary. I do not want to be...
INTRO:- When Brainwavz decides to Launch earphones they don’t release one at a time, they like to launch 2-5 earphones in a short period of time. First the M100, first of its kind or say...
Any news on re272?post #1 of 55/18/11 at 7:02amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 55/18/11 at 11:03am
I've had a couple e-mail conversations with Fang and they have told me that they are pretty close to being ready to release them, but are just working out a few kinks. Apparently, they are trying to finish making the cable surface smoother so it is more flexible and less microphonic. I was told that as soon as they work that out, it should be ready to be released. I'm getting quite anxious because I've been holding my breath for these forever too!post #3 of 55/18/11 at 3:01pm
Cabling is a touchy subject. It's hard to get things just right. I tend to find that twisted cable is kind of the easier solution. People like it, it works, and microphonics are generally low. The twisting even creates a small amount of spring and give to the cable too, not a ton but some. As for normal cables, one of my favorites has been my OK1 earbud cables. It has a nice rubbery feel, very flexible, no memory, decently durable, etc. I've always just liked it over a lot of other products although it's not technically the most robust, pretty, or absolutely durable thing out there.
Was there any talk of sound signature? That's mostly what I'm curious in. I've used the RE0, RE-Zero, RE252, and RE262. I think very highly of the RE262 driver, but the RE252 and even RE-Zero offers more balance and broad genre use with less coloration. The RE262 is a great mid-centric earphone though..if mid-centric is what you're looking for. I was hoping for balance though as the RE252 and RE-Zero are better geared.post #4 of 55/18/11 at 3:16pm
There aren't many impressions about the actual sound out, though the RE272 is 'supposed' to have more treble presence. There are only a handful of head-fiers who have head the RE272, which can be found out using google searching. Also, apparently the RE272 was given away as a prize in a Chinese forum and there are some impressions there, but google translate isn't too helpful.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any news on re272?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 33 seconds ago
- › Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled! 1 minute ago
- › Blast from the Past - Post your favourites, any genre any decade 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 3 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Does USB power source make a difference? 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 5 minutes ago
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear