Ive been selling off my IEM/headphones in anticipation for these haha. Wondering if anyone has any info on the release.
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 5/18/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/18/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 5/18/11
- productHiFiMAN RE252tagged by System, 5/18/11
- productHiFiMAN RE272tagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [kiteki review] - Hifiman RE0 / RE252 / RE272 versus other IEM's (post #153) Last post on 2/10/12 at 3:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Guy Here... Last post on 1/14/11 at 2:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Considering replacing my IEM Last post on 1/13/11 at 2:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] HiFiMan RE-262 - A Midrange Heavyweight Last post on 1/10/11 at 10:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
Any news on re272?post #1 of 55/18/11 at 7:02amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 55/18/11 at 11:03am
I've had a couple e-mail conversations with Fang and they have told me that they are pretty close to being ready to release them, but are just working out a few kinks. Apparently, they are trying to finish making the cable surface smoother so it is more flexible and less microphonic. I was told that as soon as they work that out, it should be ready to be released. I'm getting quite anxious because I've been holding my breath for these forever too!post #3 of 55/18/11 at 3:01pm
Cabling is a touchy subject. It's hard to get things just right. I tend to find that twisted cable is kind of the easier solution. People like it, it works, and microphonics are generally low. The twisting even creates a small amount of spring and give to the cable too, not a ton but some. As for normal cables, one of my favorites has been my OK1 earbud cables. It has a nice rubbery feel, very flexible, no memory, decently durable, etc. I've always just liked it over a lot of other products although it's not technically the most robust, pretty, or absolutely durable thing out there.
Was there any talk of sound signature? That's mostly what I'm curious in. I've used the RE0, RE-Zero, RE252, and RE262. I think very highly of the RE262 driver, but the RE252 and even RE-Zero offers more balance and broad genre use with less coloration. The RE262 is a great mid-centric earphone though..if mid-centric is what you're looking for. I was hoping for balance though as the RE252 and RE-Zero are better geared.post #4 of 55/18/11 at 3:16pm
There aren't many impressions about the actual sound out, though the RE272 is 'supposed' to have more treble presence. There are only a handful of head-fiers who have head the RE272, which can be found out using google searching. Also, apparently the RE272 was given away as a prize in a Chinese forum and there are some impressions there, but google translate isn't too helpful.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any news on re272?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
- › Hifiman RE262 Initial Impressions 22 seconds ago
- › Review: Resonessence Labs Invicta - new high end DAC/amp/playback... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 3 minutes ago
- › Poll: Can you hear sound over 20kHz? 3 minutes ago
- › Mr Speakers Mad Dogs 3.2 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Pioneer SE-A1000 Appreciation Club ( Sennheiser HD 650 for $45?) 4 minutes ago
- › Tube amp? 5 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude