Can you recomend a good quality headphone stand ?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- STAX SR 009 - AMAZING Last post on 11/28/12 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Where to buy Stax? Last post on 9/11/11 at 1:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Stand Besides Woo Audio?? Last post on 8/18/11 at 7:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Auzede LCD-2 vs. Audio Technica W5000 Last post on 9/1/11 at 8:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- What is the ***BEST*** pair of headphones available today? Last post on 8/1/11 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
IE80 - High End Earphones I think there's a point to where you draw the line for a Price Point, this goes over that boundary and breaks the rules of it's price, which is unfortunate. I feel...
If you want a natural sound with realistic vocals and soundstage, tight bass, sparkling highs without being fatigued, and a headphone who can reveal the true quality of the recorded music, and...
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one thing comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Can you recomend a good quality headphone stand ?post #1 of 205/18/11 at 2:37amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 205/18/11 at 3:00ampost #3 of 205/18/11 at 3:03ampost #4 of 205/18/11 at 3:16ampost #5 of 205/18/11 at 9:44am
I got my idea from here.
Went over to Home Depot and snagged one for $7. I took some copper pipe foam insulation and stretched it over the top. The front of the bracket has two tabs that hold it in place quite nicely.
The foam fits the curvature of a headphone band very well and distributes pressure fairly evenly. A rubber coating covers the metal parts to avoid any scratching. It's also plenty sturdy as I can push it back to a decent angle and it falls forward again.
Sure I'd like a Sieveking Omega, but at roughly $7 compared to $140, I'm a happy camper. I was even thinking of putting my sewing skills to the test and attempting to DIY a fabric cover for the upper portion to make it look more "finished."post #6 of 205/18/11 at 12:49pmpost #7 of 205/18/11 at 12:59pmpost #8 of 205/18/11 at 6:24pm
Not being much of a crafts person I recently bought one of these.
IMO price is excellent for a hand made wood stand, the design is pleasant (love the music symbol inspired arm) and functional (has two knobs to wrap wires around) , plus it goes really well with my woodie W1000Xpost #9 of 205/18/11 at 9:52pmpost #10 of 205/18/11 at 10:39pmpost #11 of 205/18/11 at 10:49pm
That would creep me out so much, especially if it wouldn't stop staring at me.
I'd rather have a life-size human cranium, like the ones they use in anatomy courses.post #12 of 205/18/11 at 10:56pmpost #13 of 205/20/11 at 2:20pmpost #14 of 206/23/11 at 3:54ampost #15 of 206/23/11 at 10:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Gurloes
My father-in-law has a woodworking business, so I had him make me a couple of wooden headphone stands.
He's now starting to sell them online at halwoodworking.com, and I think should have pricing up soon.
Those stands are gorgeous! Very classy looking pieces.
The ones that I use were suggested by a member in that DIY headphone stand thread. They sell it at Lowes for about $6.
It's used by flipping it sideways so the left side of the picture is the base and the right side is the stand. Probably not quite the "quality" headphone stand that you're looking for, but I'm very happy with them, and they look pretty decent. I like that at the base, there is an area to put the headphone cables. I wish these headphone stands would have pegs that could be used for cable management because that's the trickiest thing about putting them on stands, imo.
- Can you recomend a good quality headphone stand ?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 17 seconds ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › New here, trying to start a thread in the Dedicated Components Forum 4 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area mini meet May 2nd 2015 (CanJam after party!!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2