Can you recomend a good quality headphone stand ?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- STAX SR 009 - AMAZING Last post on 11/28/12 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Where to buy Stax? Last post on 9/11/11 at 1:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Stand Besides Woo Audio?? Last post on 8/18/11 at 7:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Auzede LCD-2 vs. Audio Technica W5000 Last post on 9/1/11 at 8:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- What is the ***BEST*** pair of headphones available today? Last post on 8/1/11 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Can you recomend a good quality headphone stand ?post #1 of 205/18/11 at 2:37amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 205/18/11 at 3:00ampost #3 of 205/18/11 at 3:03ampost #4 of 205/18/11 at 3:16ampost #5 of 205/18/11 at 9:44am
I got my idea from here.
Went over to Home Depot and snagged one for $7. I took some copper pipe foam insulation and stretched it over the top. The front of the bracket has two tabs that hold it in place quite nicely.
The foam fits the curvature of a headphone band very well and distributes pressure fairly evenly. A rubber coating covers the metal parts to avoid any scratching. It's also plenty sturdy as I can push it back to a decent angle and it falls forward again.
Sure I'd like a Sieveking Omega, but at roughly $7 compared to $140, I'm a happy camper. I was even thinking of putting my sewing skills to the test and attempting to DIY a fabric cover for the upper portion to make it look more "finished."post #6 of 205/18/11 at 12:49pmpost #7 of 205/18/11 at 12:59pmpost #8 of 205/18/11 at 6:24pm
Not being much of a crafts person I recently bought one of these.
IMO price is excellent for a hand made wood stand, the design is pleasant (love the music symbol inspired arm) and functional (has two knobs to wrap wires around) , plus it goes really well with my woodie W1000Xpost #9 of 205/18/11 at 9:52pmpost #10 of 205/18/11 at 10:39pmpost #11 of 205/18/11 at 10:49pm
That would creep me out so much, especially if it wouldn't stop staring at me.
I'd rather have a life-size human cranium, like the ones they use in anatomy courses.post #12 of 205/18/11 at 10:56pmpost #13 of 205/20/11 at 2:20pmpost #14 of 206/23/11 at 3:54ampost #15 of 206/23/11 at 10:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Gurloes
My father-in-law has a woodworking business, so I had him make me a couple of wooden headphone stands.
He's now starting to sell them online at halwoodworking.com, and I think should have pricing up soon.
Those stands are gorgeous! Very classy looking pieces.
The ones that I use were suggested by a member in that DIY headphone stand thread. They sell it at Lowes for about $6.
It's used by flipping it sideways so the left side of the picture is the base and the right side is the stand. Probably not quite the "quality" headphone stand that you're looking for, but I'm very happy with them, and they look pretty decent. I like that at the base, there is an area to put the headphone cables. I wish these headphone stands would have pegs that could be used for cable management because that's the trickiest thing about putting them on stands, imo.
- Can you recomend a good quality headphone stand ?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs 1 minute ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Lcd's and unlistenable cd's 4 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 6 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan HE-560 US Tour Thread / Impressions and Reviews 7 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)