Can you recomend a good quality headphone stand ?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- STAX SR 009 - AMAZING Last post on 11/24/16 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Where to buy Stax? Last post on 9/11/11 at 1:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Stand Besides Woo Audio?? Last post on 8/18/11 at 7:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Auzede LCD-2 vs. Audio Technica W5000 Last post on 9/1/11 at 8:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- What is the ***BEST*** pair of headphones available today? Last post on 8/1/11 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
When I first started looking for a pair of CIEMs, I was determined to find the best one in the $1000 region that would serve me equally well for everyday listening as well as stage use (I play in a...
Can you recomend a good quality headphone stand ?post #1 of 235/18/11 at 2:37amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 235/18/11 at 3:00ampost #3 of 235/18/11 at 3:03ampost #4 of 235/18/11 at 3:16ampost #5 of 235/18/11 at 9:44am
I got my idea from here.
Went over to Home Depot and snagged one for $7. I took some copper pipe foam insulation and stretched it over the top. The front of the bracket has two tabs that hold it in place quite nicely.
The foam fits the curvature of a headphone band very well and distributes pressure fairly evenly. A rubber coating covers the metal parts to avoid any scratching. It's also plenty sturdy as I can push it back to a decent angle and it falls forward again.
Sure I'd like a Sieveking Omega, but at roughly $7 compared to $140, I'm a happy camper. I was even thinking of putting my sewing skills to the test and attempting to DIY a fabric cover for the upper portion to make it look more "finished."post #6 of 235/18/11 at 12:49pmpost #7 of 235/18/11 at 12:59pmpost #8 of 235/18/11 at 6:24pm
Not being much of a crafts person I recently bought one of these.
IMO price is excellent for a hand made wood stand, the design is pleasant (love the music symbol inspired arm) and functional (has two knobs to wrap wires around) , plus it goes really well with my woodie W1000Xpost #9 of 235/18/11 at 9:52pmpost #10 of 235/18/11 at 10:39pmpost #11 of 235/18/11 at 10:49pm
That would creep me out so much, especially if it wouldn't stop staring at me.
I'd rather have a life-size human cranium, like the ones they use in anatomy courses.post #12 of 235/18/11 at 10:56pmpost #13 of 235/20/11 at 2:20pmpost #14 of 236/23/11 at 3:54ampost #15 of 236/23/11 at 10:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Gurloes
My father-in-law has a woodworking business, so I had him make me a couple of wooden headphone stands.
He's now starting to sell them online at halwoodworking.com, and I think should have pricing up soon.
Those stands are gorgeous! Very classy looking pieces.
The ones that I use were suggested by a member in that DIY headphone stand thread. They sell it at Lowes for about $6.
It's used by flipping it sideways so the left side of the picture is the base and the right side is the stand. Probably not quite the "quality" headphone stand that you're looking for, but I'm very happy with them, and they look pretty decent. I like that at the base, there is an area to put the headphone cables. I wish these headphone stands would have pegs that could be used for cable management because that's the trickiest thing about putting them on stands, imo.
- Can you recomend a good quality headphone stand ?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Denon AH-7200 55 seconds ago
- › RHA Dacamp L1, CL1 Ceramic & CL750 Review Tour 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 3 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Neurochrome HP-1: Ultra-High End Headphone Amp 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo obsolete? 5 minutes ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 8 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 9 minutes ago
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear