Can you recomend a good quality headphone stand ?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- STAX SR 009 - AMAZING Last post on 11/28/12 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Where to buy Stax? Last post on 9/11/11 at 1:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Stand Besides Woo Audio?? Last post on 8/18/11 at 7:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Auzede LCD-2 vs. Audio Technica W5000 Last post on 9/1/11 at 8:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- What is the ***BEST*** pair of headphones available today? Last post on 8/1/11 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Build and Usage: Good looking, very nice feeling player, it looks like a really sold build and it's all metal construction. Not much to say about it, you can check pictures. I wasn't satisfied...
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
Can you recomend a good quality headphone stand ?post #1 of 205/18/11 at 2:37amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 205/18/11 at 3:00ampost #3 of 205/18/11 at 3:03ampost #4 of 205/18/11 at 3:16ampost #5 of 205/18/11 at 9:44am
I got my idea from here.
Went over to Home Depot and snagged one for $7. I took some copper pipe foam insulation and stretched it over the top. The front of the bracket has two tabs that hold it in place quite nicely.
The foam fits the curvature of a headphone band very well and distributes pressure fairly evenly. A rubber coating covers the metal parts to avoid any scratching. It's also plenty sturdy as I can push it back to a decent angle and it falls forward again.
Sure I'd like a Sieveking Omega, but at roughly $7 compared to $140, I'm a happy camper. I was even thinking of putting my sewing skills to the test and attempting to DIY a fabric cover for the upper portion to make it look more "finished."post #6 of 205/18/11 at 12:49pmpost #7 of 205/18/11 at 12:59pmpost #8 of 205/18/11 at 6:24pm
Not being much of a crafts person I recently bought one of these.
IMO price is excellent for a hand made wood stand, the design is pleasant (love the music symbol inspired arm) and functional (has two knobs to wrap wires around) , plus it goes really well with my woodie W1000Xpost #9 of 205/18/11 at 9:52pmpost #10 of 205/18/11 at 10:39pmpost #11 of 205/18/11 at 10:49pm
That would creep me out so much, especially if it wouldn't stop staring at me.
I'd rather have a life-size human cranium, like the ones they use in anatomy courses.post #12 of 205/18/11 at 10:56pmpost #13 of 205/20/11 at 2:20pmpost #14 of 206/23/11 at 3:54ampost #15 of 206/23/11 at 10:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Gurloes
My father-in-law has a woodworking business, so I had him make me a couple of wooden headphone stands.
He's now starting to sell them online at halwoodworking.com, and I think should have pricing up soon.
Those stands are gorgeous! Very classy looking pieces.
The ones that I use were suggested by a member in that DIY headphone stand thread. They sell it at Lowes for about $6.
It's used by flipping it sideways so the left side of the picture is the base and the right side is the stand. Probably not quite the "quality" headphone stand that you're looking for, but I'm very happy with them, and they look pretty decent. I like that at the base, there is an area to put the headphone cables. I wish these headphone stands would have pegs that could be used for cable management because that's the trickiest thing about putting them on stands, imo.
- Can you recomend a good quality headphone stand ?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 11 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 11 seconds ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 54 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 56 seconds ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › Colorfly C4 + Oyaide LC-OFC Quantum 99.995% copper RCA cable 1 minute ago
- › The 1963 Amperex Holland 7308 Bugle Boy, The Tube That Doesn't Exist 1 minute ago
- › Why does it matter if headphones have a frequency range below 20Hz... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2