Can you recomend a good quality headphone stand ?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- STAX SR 009 - AMAZING Last post on 4/28/16 at 7:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Where to buy Stax? Last post on 9/11/11 at 1:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Stand Besides Woo Audio?? Last post on 8/18/11 at 7:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Auzede LCD-2 vs. Audio Technica W5000 Last post on 9/1/11 at 8:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- What is the ***BEST*** pair of headphones available today? Last post on 8/1/11 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
-- I give you Lend Me UR Ears house brand Alpha & Delta D2 Sports Earphone: **A few Disclaimers to get out of the way here**: #1 – I was approached by Lend Me UR Ears to review the...
I really like the t-90; I have had them for about two months and really enjoy the brightness. I also have the T70p and the t-5p second gen. I like the t70p better than anything so far. The t 90...
At the time of the review, the Unique Melody Miracle V2 was was on sale at Musicteck’s online store. Although the model I am reviewing today is not currently listed, Musicteck is currently...
Quick Review : I bought them for casual listening and mixing and mastering purpose. I'm not disappointed by the sound signature. Things I'd like to stay the way they are: 1. frequency...
Can you recomend a good quality headphone stand ?post #1 of 205/18/11 at 2:37amThread Starterpost #2 of 205/18/11 at 3:00ampost #3 of 205/18/11 at 3:03ampost #4 of 205/18/11 at 3:16ampost #5 of 205/18/11 at 9:44am
I got my idea from here.
Went over to Home Depot and snagged one for $7. I took some copper pipe foam insulation and stretched it over the top. The front of the bracket has two tabs that hold it in place quite nicely.
The foam fits the curvature of a headphone band very well and distributes pressure fairly evenly. A rubber coating covers the metal parts to avoid any scratching. It's also plenty sturdy as I can push it back to a decent angle and it falls forward again.
Sure I'd like a Sieveking Omega, but at roughly $7 compared to $140, I'm a happy camper. I was even thinking of putting my sewing skills to the test and attempting to DIY a fabric cover for the upper portion to make it look more "finished."post #6 of 205/18/11 at 12:49pmpost #7 of 205/18/11 at 12:59pmpost #8 of 205/18/11 at 6:24pm
Not being much of a crafts person I recently bought one of these.
IMO price is excellent for a hand made wood stand, the design is pleasant (love the music symbol inspired arm) and functional (has two knobs to wrap wires around) , plus it goes really well with my woodie W1000Xpost #9 of 205/18/11 at 9:52pmpost #10 of 205/18/11 at 10:39pmpost #11 of 205/18/11 at 10:49pm
That would creep me out so much, especially if it wouldn't stop staring at me.
I'd rather have a life-size human cranium, like the ones they use in anatomy courses.post #12 of 205/18/11 at 10:56pmpost #13 of 205/20/11 at 2:20pmpost #14 of 206/23/11 at 3:54ampost #15 of 206/23/11 at 10:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Gurloes
My father-in-law has a woodworking business, so I had him make me a couple of wooden headphone stands.
He's now starting to sell them online at halwoodworking.com, and I think should have pricing up soon.
Those stands are gorgeous! Very classy looking pieces.
The ones that I use were suggested by a member in that DIY headphone stand thread. They sell it at Lowes for about $6.
It's used by flipping it sideways so the left side of the picture is the base and the right side is the stand. Probably not quite the "quality" headphone stand that you're looking for, but I'm very happy with them, and they look pretty decent. I like that at the base, there is an area to put the headphone cables. I wish these headphone stands would have pegs that could be used for cable management because that's the trickiest thing about putting them on stands, imo.
- Can you recomend a good quality headphone stand ?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Member Introductions thread 10 seconds ago
- › Fiio X3 gen ii dap 10 seconds ago
- › FS: Massdrop Fostex x00 w/ Peter K Detachable Cable 27 seconds ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 36 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 2 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 2 minutes ago
- › Sonus faber PRYMA - An Italian-Made Beauty 2 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse