Have anyone tried C&C BH?
Related Forum Threads
- HT Claro Halo or DAC/AMP (Matrix M-Stage USB, DacMagic, etc.) combo? (Budget ~$300-350) CONTENT... Last post on 11/26/12 at 6:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading myheadphones and amp, need help getting the cleanest sound to them. Last post on 10/28/12 at 12:45pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AKG K550 AMP or Soundcard Last post on 10/29/12 at 12:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- I can't notice ANY difference between these two AMPs. WHY?? Last post on 9/20/12 at 9:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- USB DAC and seperate headphone amp OR combo USB DAC headphone amp Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:01pm in Dedicated Source Components
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
INTRO I purchased these made in China headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
(note: pictures included are not mine, I grabbed them from the net to make the article easier to read) I've had these for well over a year and used them at least 5 days-a-week during that...
Many thanks to Brooko for arranging this tour unit Pros: External Playlists: Pretty much my number one priority after sound, this took some fiddling to get working from my Mac/iTunes but I...
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
- Headphone Impedance
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've seen this one on eBay, the C&C BK:
And I see there is a BH, as you asked about also for $99.
Zero description about these except for here:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/363918853/C_C_Bk_Portable_Headphone_Amp.html, with no difference mentioned between the BK and BH model.
But, I'm with you -- anyone tried either of these amps?
Please allow me to chime in here, if I may. I came across this amp through a purchase from another Head-Fi member. Ultimately, the amp wasn't my goal - the goal was to get a LOD cable for a Sansa Fuze and a spare Sansa Fuze, but the amp was part of the package. My initial thoughts were that I'd quickly put the amp up for sale and not keep it for my personal use.
However, once I received everything - in beautiful condition, I might add, I started to use the amp. After a few days, my mind was convinced that I was not going to sell that little baby at any cost... well, maybe if I were to get a few hundred bucks for it so I could turn around and buy a few more of them for my use. I use the amp quite frequently. Initially, it started off as my amp that I'd carry to work to power my Magnum-modified Grados with. The amp performed flawlessly. It lives up to its state charge retention times, too. I charge it about once per week and that's only because I end up listening to it at night and waking up 4 hours later to power it off.
The amplifier housing is quite solid and constructed of aluminum, which includes the oval outer shell and both ends. There's a gain switch, a low frequency boost and a 3rd switch for adjusting the sound field / sound stage. I've rarely used the bass boost because the amp does a great job of handling the music from the source that feeds it.
There is one small complaint, though, which I will bring up as a negative item that could concern some people. When turning the amp on, there is a slight "pop." To avoid this, I'd suggest turning on the amp and then plugging your headphones in.
I too have the C&C BH, which I've used for about a week now. I am relatively new to headphone listening, but have been a high end stereo fan for many years, just to qualify my impressions. As such I don't yet have a wealth of of other amps and a bunch of ear phones to make in depth comparisons.
The C&C BH has superb resolution, dynamics and detail across the range. Additionally it has very good output and I was able to drive all of my phones easily at less than half of the volume control setting. These include iMac/iTunes running at 96k sample rate, Audinst HUD-mx-1 DAC/amp, Cambridge Audio DacMagic paired with Audio Engine N22 amp, Audeze LCD-2 for over ear and VSonic GR07 IEM. Older phones of lower cost include Sennheiser PX-100 on ear, Sony MDR-NC6, and Sennheiser Adidas PMX-680. I found that the adjustment switches (GC= low/hi, LF=off/on, SF=off/on) something any listener should find useful for choosing settings for their given phones ad source to make for the most satisfying musical experience. For the most part, I found the low and off settings were preferable. As for direct comparisons, there was no direst A/B possible as the closest was Audinst DAC/amp running off iMac's USB vs. the C&C BH running via optical cable to Cambridge DAC, or from the iMAC's internal DAC and headphone out. The best combination was the Cambridge DAC and AudioEngine amp, but the Cambridge DAC and C&C BH were a close second and tad better than the Audinst HUD-mx1.
Other headphone amps selling for a good bit more money will outperform the C&C BH in certain areas, such as little more warmth of vocals and a little more control of bass, but I doubt there's a portable amp about the size of a deck of cards (minus about a third of them) that will outperform this one. Throw in the dual phone outs and power and this $99 amp is a steal in my opinion.
A quick mini review can be found here.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 1/4/13 at 1:47am
- C&C BH
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Looking for new earbuds! $80 - $125 9 seconds ago
- › Newbie 12 seconds ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Need helping buying a new pair of Headphones 1 minute ago
- › The new fit concept! The brand new LEAR "Hybrid Fit" series! 2 minutes ago
- › Why do certain audio tracks sound "jarring" even at low volumes... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3