Have anyone tried C&C BH?
Related Forum Threads
- HT Claro Halo or DAC/AMP (Matrix M-Stage USB, DacMagic, etc.) combo? (Budget ~$300-350) CONTENT... Last post on 11/26/12 at 6:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading myheadphones and amp, need help getting the cleanest sound to them. Last post on 10/28/12 at 12:45pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AKG K550 AMP or Soundcard Last post on 10/29/12 at 12:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- I can't notice ANY difference between these two AMPs. WHY?? Last post on 9/20/12 at 9:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- USB DAC and seperate headphone amp OR combo USB DAC headphone amp Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:01pm in Dedicated Source Components
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
- Headphone Impedance
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've seen this one on eBay, the C&C BK:
And I see there is a BH, as you asked about also for $99.
Zero description about these except for here:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/363918853/C_C_Bk_Portable_Headphone_Amp.html, with no difference mentioned between the BK and BH model.
But, I'm with you -- anyone tried either of these amps?
Please allow me to chime in here, if I may. I came across this amp through a purchase from another Head-Fi member. Ultimately, the amp wasn't my goal - the goal was to get a LOD cable for a Sansa Fuze and a spare Sansa Fuze, but the amp was part of the package. My initial thoughts were that I'd quickly put the amp up for sale and not keep it for my personal use.
However, once I received everything - in beautiful condition, I might add, I started to use the amp. After a few days, my mind was convinced that I was not going to sell that little baby at any cost... well, maybe if I were to get a few hundred bucks for it so I could turn around and buy a few more of them for my use. I use the amp quite frequently. Initially, it started off as my amp that I'd carry to work to power my Magnum-modified Grados with. The amp performed flawlessly. It lives up to its state charge retention times, too. I charge it about once per week and that's only because I end up listening to it at night and waking up 4 hours later to power it off.
The amplifier housing is quite solid and constructed of aluminum, which includes the oval outer shell and both ends. There's a gain switch, a low frequency boost and a 3rd switch for adjusting the sound field / sound stage. I've rarely used the bass boost because the amp does a great job of handling the music from the source that feeds it.
There is one small complaint, though, which I will bring up as a negative item that could concern some people. When turning the amp on, there is a slight "pop." To avoid this, I'd suggest turning on the amp and then plugging your headphones in.
I too have the C&C BH, which I've used for about a week now. I am relatively new to headphone listening, but have been a high end stereo fan for many years, just to qualify my impressions. As such I don't yet have a wealth of of other amps and a bunch of ear phones to make in depth comparisons.
The C&C BH has superb resolution, dynamics and detail across the range. Additionally it has very good output and I was able to drive all of my phones easily at less than half of the volume control setting. These include iMac/iTunes running at 96k sample rate, Audinst HUD-mx-1 DAC/amp, Cambridge Audio DacMagic paired with Audio Engine N22 amp, Audeze LCD-2 for over ear and VSonic GR07 IEM. Older phones of lower cost include Sennheiser PX-100 on ear, Sony MDR-NC6, and Sennheiser Adidas PMX-680. I found that the adjustment switches (GC= low/hi, LF=off/on, SF=off/on) something any listener should find useful for choosing settings for their given phones ad source to make for the most satisfying musical experience. For the most part, I found the low and off settings were preferable. As for direct comparisons, there was no direst A/B possible as the closest was Audinst DAC/amp running off iMac's USB vs. the C&C BH running via optical cable to Cambridge DAC, or from the iMAC's internal DAC and headphone out. The best combination was the Cambridge DAC and AudioEngine amp, but the Cambridge DAC and C&C BH were a close second and tad better than the Audinst HUD-mx1.
Other headphone amps selling for a good bit more money will outperform the C&C BH in certain areas, such as little more warmth of vocals and a little more control of bass, but I doubt there's a portable amp about the size of a deck of cards (minus about a third of them) that will outperform this one. Throw in the dual phone outs and power and this $99 amp is a steal in my opinion.
A quick mini review can be found here.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 1/4/13 at 1:47am
- C&C BH
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 19 seconds ago
- › FS: Stax SR-007 Omega 2 (Mark 1 / MK. 1 ), including shipping/paypal 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Liquid Gold - 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Searching for an upgrade from the Sony MDR-ZX100 (for rock and gaming) 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Headzone H1 + MrSpeakers Alpha Prime 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)