Have anyone tried C&C BH?
Related Forum Threads
- HT Claro Halo or DAC/AMP (Matrix M-Stage USB, DacMagic, etc.) combo? (Budget ~$300-350) CONTENT... Last post on 11/26/12 at 6:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading myheadphones and amp, need help getting the cleanest sound to them. Last post on 10/28/12 at 12:45pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AKG K550 AMP or Soundcard Last post on 10/29/12 at 12:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- I can't notice ANY difference between these two AMPs. WHY?? Last post on 9/20/12 at 9:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- USB DAC and seperate headphone amp OR combo USB DAC headphone amp Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:01pm in Dedicated Source Components
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
- Headphone Impedance
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've seen this one on eBay, the C&C BK:
And I see there is a BH, as you asked about also for $99.
Zero description about these except for here:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/363918853/C_C_Bk_Portable_Headphone_Amp.html, with no difference mentioned between the BK and BH model.
But, I'm with you -- anyone tried either of these amps?
Please allow me to chime in here, if I may. I came across this amp through a purchase from another Head-Fi member. Ultimately, the amp wasn't my goal - the goal was to get a LOD cable for a Sansa Fuze and a spare Sansa Fuze, but the amp was part of the package. My initial thoughts were that I'd quickly put the amp up for sale and not keep it for my personal use.
However, once I received everything - in beautiful condition, I might add, I started to use the amp. After a few days, my mind was convinced that I was not going to sell that little baby at any cost... well, maybe if I were to get a few hundred bucks for it so I could turn around and buy a few more of them for my use. I use the amp quite frequently. Initially, it started off as my amp that I'd carry to work to power my Magnum-modified Grados with. The amp performed flawlessly. It lives up to its state charge retention times, too. I charge it about once per week and that's only because I end up listening to it at night and waking up 4 hours later to power it off.
The amplifier housing is quite solid and constructed of aluminum, which includes the oval outer shell and both ends. There's a gain switch, a low frequency boost and a 3rd switch for adjusting the sound field / sound stage. I've rarely used the bass boost because the amp does a great job of handling the music from the source that feeds it.
There is one small complaint, though, which I will bring up as a negative item that could concern some people. When turning the amp on, there is a slight "pop." To avoid this, I'd suggest turning on the amp and then plugging your headphones in.
I too have the C&C BH, which I've used for about a week now. I am relatively new to headphone listening, but have been a high end stereo fan for many years, just to qualify my impressions. As such I don't yet have a wealth of of other amps and a bunch of ear phones to make in depth comparisons.
The C&C BH has superb resolution, dynamics and detail across the range. Additionally it has very good output and I was able to drive all of my phones easily at less than half of the volume control setting. These include iMac/iTunes running at 96k sample rate, Audinst HUD-mx-1 DAC/amp, Cambridge Audio DacMagic paired with Audio Engine N22 amp, Audeze LCD-2 for over ear and VSonic GR07 IEM. Older phones of lower cost include Sennheiser PX-100 on ear, Sony MDR-NC6, and Sennheiser Adidas PMX-680. I found that the adjustment switches (GC= low/hi, LF=off/on, SF=off/on) something any listener should find useful for choosing settings for their given phones ad source to make for the most satisfying musical experience. For the most part, I found the low and off settings were preferable. As for direct comparisons, there was no direst A/B possible as the closest was Audinst DAC/amp running off iMac's USB vs. the C&C BH running via optical cable to Cambridge DAC, or from the iMAC's internal DAC and headphone out. The best combination was the Cambridge DAC and AudioEngine amp, but the Cambridge DAC and C&C BH were a close second and tad better than the Audinst HUD-mx1.
Other headphone amps selling for a good bit more money will outperform the C&C BH in certain areas, such as little more warmth of vocals and a little more control of bass, but I doubt there's a portable amp about the size of a deck of cards (minus about a third of them) that will outperform this one. Throw in the dual phone outs and power and this $99 amp is a steal in my opinion.
A quick mini review can be found here.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 1/4/13 at 1:47am
- C&C BH
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iBasso DX50 + Rockbox finally here (Latest Update: 2014-06-30) 8 seconds ago
- › 0 lag portable audio amp? 1 minute ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Titanium HD VS dedicated DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Audiophilleo 1 and 2 USB to S/PDIF transport 3 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Alclair Reference 3 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)