Have anyone tried C&C BH?
Related Forum Threads
- HT Claro Halo or DAC/AMP (Matrix M-Stage USB, DacMagic, etc.) combo? (Budget ~$300-350) CONTENT... Last post on 11/26/12 at 6:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading myheadphones and amp, need help getting the cleanest sound to them. Last post on 10/28/12 at 12:45pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AKG K550 AMP or Soundcard Last post on 10/29/12 at 12:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- I can't notice ANY difference between these two AMPs. WHY?? Last post on 9/20/12 at 9:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- USB DAC and seperate headphone amp OR combo USB DAC headphone amp Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:01pm in Dedicated Source Components
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
First of all the reason I rate the SE215 5/5* is primarily because of the value it presents under the $100 mark. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of IEMs at this price considering...
I'm all about best use on a budget for a specific person and lifestyle. In my case, the Jaybird Bluebud X's were fantastic. You can check out my review on head fi here, but I also have an older...
SENNHEISER URBANITE XL REVIEW Full sized headphones haven't been part of my usage options for quite some time now. I used to own a Sony MDR-1R but despite the excellent comfort and decent sound my...
- Headphone Impedance
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've seen this one on eBay, the C&C BK:
And I see there is a BH, as you asked about also for $99.
Zero description about these except for here:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/363918853/C_C_Bk_Portable_Headphone_Amp.html, with no difference mentioned between the BK and BH model.
But, I'm with you -- anyone tried either of these amps?
Please allow me to chime in here, if I may. I came across this amp through a purchase from another Head-Fi member. Ultimately, the amp wasn't my goal - the goal was to get a LOD cable for a Sansa Fuze and a spare Sansa Fuze, but the amp was part of the package. My initial thoughts were that I'd quickly put the amp up for sale and not keep it for my personal use.
However, once I received everything - in beautiful condition, I might add, I started to use the amp. After a few days, my mind was convinced that I was not going to sell that little baby at any cost... well, maybe if I were to get a few hundred bucks for it so I could turn around and buy a few more of them for my use. I use the amp quite frequently. Initially, it started off as my amp that I'd carry to work to power my Magnum-modified Grados with. The amp performed flawlessly. It lives up to its state charge retention times, too. I charge it about once per week and that's only because I end up listening to it at night and waking up 4 hours later to power it off.
The amplifier housing is quite solid and constructed of aluminum, which includes the oval outer shell and both ends. There's a gain switch, a low frequency boost and a 3rd switch for adjusting the sound field / sound stage. I've rarely used the bass boost because the amp does a great job of handling the music from the source that feeds it.
There is one small complaint, though, which I will bring up as a negative item that could concern some people. When turning the amp on, there is a slight "pop." To avoid this, I'd suggest turning on the amp and then plugging your headphones in.
I too have the C&C BH, which I've used for about a week now. I am relatively new to headphone listening, but have been a high end stereo fan for many years, just to qualify my impressions. As such I don't yet have a wealth of of other amps and a bunch of ear phones to make in depth comparisons.
The C&C BH has superb resolution, dynamics and detail across the range. Additionally it has very good output and I was able to drive all of my phones easily at less than half of the volume control setting. These include iMac/iTunes running at 96k sample rate, Audinst HUD-mx-1 DAC/amp, Cambridge Audio DacMagic paired with Audio Engine N22 amp, Audeze LCD-2 for over ear and VSonic GR07 IEM. Older phones of lower cost include Sennheiser PX-100 on ear, Sony MDR-NC6, and Sennheiser Adidas PMX-680. I found that the adjustment switches (GC= low/hi, LF=off/on, SF=off/on) something any listener should find useful for choosing settings for their given phones ad source to make for the most satisfying musical experience. For the most part, I found the low and off settings were preferable. As for direct comparisons, there was no direst A/B possible as the closest was Audinst DAC/amp running off iMac's USB vs. the C&C BH running via optical cable to Cambridge DAC, or from the iMAC's internal DAC and headphone out. The best combination was the Cambridge DAC and AudioEngine amp, but the Cambridge DAC and C&C BH were a close second and tad better than the Audinst HUD-mx1.
Other headphone amps selling for a good bit more money will outperform the C&C BH in certain areas, such as little more warmth of vocals and a little more control of bass, but I doubt there's a portable amp about the size of a deck of cards (minus about a third of them) that will outperform this one. Throw in the dual phone outs and power and this $99 amp is a steal in my opinion.
A quick mini review can be found here.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 1/4/13 at 1:47am
- C&C BH
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 seconds ago
- › She is Called Esther ---SOUNDAWARE New Portable Player Thread 1 minute ago
- › hd25-1 appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › February 21 Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley mini-meet 5 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears 6 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3