Thought I'd chime in again since I placed my order for a Minute EL34SE about 4 weeks ago. I'm excited to receive it and hear how it lights up my HE-6's. If anyone else has ordered one, or has experience with one - please chime in!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Connecting HE-6 or K1000 directly to tube amp's speaker's posts Last post on 9/10/11 at 8:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Integrated Amplifiers and Preamplifier with Good, Great or Excellent Headphones Output -... Last post on 1/5/16 at 12:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tubemagic d1 vs NuForce HDP for Q701's? Last post on 8/13/11 at 6:08am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which of your headphones do you consider the most "critically revealing" when... Last post on 7/30/11 at 3:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
First Look: Minute EL34 SE Headphone Amplifier from SAC Thailand - Page 3post #31 of 633/10/12 at 7:44am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 633/10/12 at 11:29ampost #33 of 633/11/12 at 9:17am
Deal - though i'll be awhile. I should receive my Minute EL34 SE by the beginning of May, so it'll be mid May at the earliest. It's tough to find much info about this amp, but it looks as though it'd pair very well with the HE-6.post #34 of 633/26/12 at 7:31am
Received an email last night saying my amp has been built, and will be burned in for a couple of days before shipping! ! With FedEx shipping, I should enjoying it by end of next week. Can't wait!post #35 of 634/1/12 at 8:06am
Been watching my amp inbound - it arrived in Oakland CA early this morning, so I know I'm good for delivery tomorrow. My Tung-Sol reissue 6L6G's will land tomorrow too, but my Mazda 6CG7's are a week off. No matter, I'll burn in the amp and stock tubes for a good while before I start rolling (unless of course I find the stock tubes severely lacking - which I doubt).post #36 of 634/3/12 at 10:53am
My amp landed yesterday, and I've been running it 3-4 hours at a time to burn it it (as recommended by Kittipol). I plan on doing an in-depth writeup when it's burned in, but my quick - initial (and very very early) impression is YEEOOOWWW! My Minute EL34 SE has total control of the drivers in my HE-6. Power, extension, headroom, tone... I like - very much. I'll stop there for now and collect my thoughts while burning it in.post #37 of 635/14/12 at 12:10am
Any follow-up review for this amp, Misterrogers?Quote:Originally Posted by Misterrogers
My amp landed yesterday, and I've been running it 3-4 hours at a time to burn it it (as recommended by Kittipol). I plan on doing an in-depth writeup when it's burned in, but my quick - initial (and very very early) impression is YEEOOOWWW! My Minute EL34 SE has total control of the drivers in my HE-6. Power, extension, headroom, tone... I like - very much. I'll stop there for now and collect my thoughts while burning it in.post #38 of 635/14/12 at 11:01ampost #39 of 636/5/12 at 6:52pm
I have an Almarro 318B and like the sound with my Zu Audio Druid MKIV Speakers (liked them better than the Superfly - Druids are a little warmer). Do you have any idea how the Almarro compares to the SAC EL34 Minute or if the Minute sounds good with the Zu Druids? Is your SAC Minute still your favorite amp? 10 Watts should be plenty with the 102db sensitivity Zu Druids I imagine.post #40 of 636/5/12 at 6:55pmpost #41 of 636/5/12 at 7:14pm
Yep, still my favorite. Though I've really been enjoying a custom CTH I finished just awhile ago. It has a fantastic synergy with my HE-500's. I started my headphone journey with the D2000's. They're quite a nice set of headphones.post #42 of 636/5/12 at 7:25pmpost #43 of 636/6/12 at 6:59am
No, I don't. If you're anywhere around Los Angeles, I'll have mine at the LAX meet in August. I've also been in touch with the designer and he's agreed to good 'group buy' pricing. My intent it, to finish my review and after the show, post a group buy. If we get 10 or more, he'll give 30% off. THAT's and absolute steal for this amp (it's a great value at its retail price).post #44 of 636/6/12 at 7:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Misterrogers
No, I don't. If you're anywhere around Los Angeles, I'll have mine at the LAX meet in August. I've also been in touch with the designer and he's agreed to good 'group buy' pricing. My intent it, to finish my review and after the show, post a group buy. If we get 10 or more, he'll give 30% off. THAT's and absolute steal for this amp (it's a great value at its retail price).
You can count me in for the group buy if the offer is for anywhere in the world.post #45 of 636/6/12 at 8:10pm
Interesting. Hope to pay these guys a visit when I take up residence in the LOS in early 2014. I'll be close enough to Bangkok to make frequent trips to check out audio - also want to hear these marble speakers:
Realistically, I expect to see a lot more of Piyanas' mid-fi than anything boutique, but its all good.
- First Look: Minute EL34 SE Headphone Amplifier from SAC Thailand
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Schiit Owners Unite 42 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 48 seconds ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 1 minute ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › A $70 Bit-Perfect Audio Player? 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for advice on an external DAC for PC gaming and listening 5 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...