Thought I'd chime in again since I placed my order for a Minute EL34SE about 4 weeks ago. I'm excited to receive it and hear how it lights up my HE-6's. If anyone else has ordered one, or has experience with one - please chime in!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Connecting HE-6 or K1000 directly to tube amp's speaker's posts Last post on 9/10/11 at 8:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Integrated Amplifiers and Preamplifier with Good, Great or Excellent Headphones Output -... Last post on 12/7/13 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tubemagic d1 vs NuForce HDP for Q701's? Last post on 8/13/11 at 6:08am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which of your headphones do you consider the most "critically revealing" when... Last post on 7/30/11 at 3:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
First Look: Minute EL34 SE Headphone Amplifier from SAC Thailand - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 623/10/12 at 11:29ampost #33 of 623/11/12 at 9:17am
Deal - though i'll be awhile. I should receive my Minute EL34 SE by the beginning of May, so it'll be mid May at the earliest. It's tough to find much info about this amp, but it looks as though it'd pair very well with the HE-6.post #34 of 623/26/12 at 7:31am
Received an email last night saying my amp has been built, and will be burned in for a couple of days before shipping! ! With FedEx shipping, I should enjoying it by end of next week. Can't wait!post #35 of 624/1/12 at 8:06am
Been watching my amp inbound - it arrived in Oakland CA early this morning, so I know I'm good for delivery tomorrow. My Tung-Sol reissue 6L6G's will land tomorrow too, but my Mazda 6CG7's are a week off. No matter, I'll burn in the amp and stock tubes for a good while before I start rolling (unless of course I find the stock tubes severely lacking - which I doubt).post #36 of 624/3/12 at 10:53am
My amp landed yesterday, and I've been running it 3-4 hours at a time to burn it it (as recommended by Kittipol). I plan on doing an in-depth writeup when it's burned in, but my quick - initial (and very very early) impression is YEEOOOWWW! My Minute EL34 SE has total control of the drivers in my HE-6. Power, extension, headroom, tone... I like - very much. I'll stop there for now and collect my thoughts while burning it in.post #37 of 625/14/12 at 12:10am
Any follow-up review for this amp, Misterrogers?Quote:Originally Posted by Misterrogers
My amp landed yesterday, and I've been running it 3-4 hours at a time to burn it it (as recommended by Kittipol). I plan on doing an in-depth writeup when it's burned in, but my quick - initial (and very very early) impression is YEEOOOWWW! My Minute EL34 SE has total control of the drivers in my HE-6. Power, extension, headroom, tone... I like - very much. I'll stop there for now and collect my thoughts while burning it in.post #38 of 625/14/12 at 11:01ampost #39 of 626/5/12 at 6:52pm
I have an Almarro 318B and like the sound with my Zu Audio Druid MKIV Speakers (liked them better than the Superfly - Druids are a little warmer). Do you have any idea how the Almarro compares to the SAC EL34 Minute or if the Minute sounds good with the Zu Druids? Is your SAC Minute still your favorite amp? 10 Watts should be plenty with the 102db sensitivity Zu Druids I imagine.post #40 of 626/5/12 at 6:55pmpost #41 of 626/5/12 at 7:14pm
Yep, still my favorite. Though I've really been enjoying a custom CTH I finished just awhile ago. It has a fantastic synergy with my HE-500's. I started my headphone journey with the D2000's. They're quite a nice set of headphones.post #42 of 626/5/12 at 7:25pmpost #43 of 626/6/12 at 6:59am
No, I don't. If you're anywhere around Los Angeles, I'll have mine at the LAX meet in August. I've also been in touch with the designer and he's agreed to good 'group buy' pricing. My intent it, to finish my review and after the show, post a group buy. If we get 10 or more, he'll give 30% off. THAT's and absolute steal for this amp (it's a great value at its retail price).post #44 of 626/6/12 at 7:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Misterrogers
No, I don't. If you're anywhere around Los Angeles, I'll have mine at the LAX meet in August. I've also been in touch with the designer and he's agreed to good 'group buy' pricing. My intent it, to finish my review and after the show, post a group buy. If we get 10 or more, he'll give 30% off. THAT's and absolute steal for this amp (it's a great value at its retail price).
You can count me in for the group buy if the offer is for anywhere in the world.post #45 of 626/6/12 at 8:10pm
Interesting. Hope to pay these guys a visit when I take up residence in the LOS in early 2014. I'll be close enough to Bangkok to make frequent trips to check out audio - also want to hear these marble speakers:
Realistically, I expect to see a lot more of Piyanas' mid-fi than anything boutique, but its all good.
- First Look: Minute EL34 SE Headphone Amplifier from SAC Thailand
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › 8 years ago . . . 9 seconds ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 28 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 52 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › How to switch from analog setup to digital setup? 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Dark Voice 339 2 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude