Thought I'd chime in again since I placed my order for a Minute EL34SE about 4 weeks ago. I'm excited to receive it and hear how it lights up my HE-6's. If anyone else has ordered one, or has experience with one - please chime in!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Connecting HE-6 or K1000 directly to tube amp's speaker's posts Last post on 9/10/11 at 8:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Integrated Amplifiers and Preamplifier with Good, Great or Excellent Headphones Output -... Last post on 11/29/14 at 7:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tubemagic d1 vs NuForce HDP for Q701's? Last post on 8/13/11 at 6:08am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which of your headphones do you consider the most "critically revealing" when... Last post on 7/30/11 at 3:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
Bought one of these to keep me going while I save for a replacement dac for my bedside rig. My previous Dac's have all been in the lower to mid end so this review is based on that level- Arcam,...
Details: Single balanced armature flagship universal IEMs from Final Audio Design Price: Heaven VII EU 550; Heaven VIII EU 600 Specs: Driver: Single BA | Imp: 24Ω | Sens: 106 dB | Freq: not...
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
First Look: Minute EL34 SE Headphone Amplifier from SAC Thailand - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 633/10/12 at 11:29ampost #33 of 633/11/12 at 9:17am
Deal - though i'll be awhile. I should receive my Minute EL34 SE by the beginning of May, so it'll be mid May at the earliest. It's tough to find much info about this amp, but it looks as though it'd pair very well with the HE-6.post #34 of 633/26/12 at 7:31am
Received an email last night saying my amp has been built, and will be burned in for a couple of days before shipping! ! With FedEx shipping, I should enjoying it by end of next week. Can't wait!post #35 of 634/1/12 at 8:06am
Been watching my amp inbound - it arrived in Oakland CA early this morning, so I know I'm good for delivery tomorrow. My Tung-Sol reissue 6L6G's will land tomorrow too, but my Mazda 6CG7's are a week off. No matter, I'll burn in the amp and stock tubes for a good while before I start rolling (unless of course I find the stock tubes severely lacking - which I doubt).post #36 of 634/3/12 at 10:53am
My amp landed yesterday, and I've been running it 3-4 hours at a time to burn it it (as recommended by Kittipol). I plan on doing an in-depth writeup when it's burned in, but my quick - initial (and very very early) impression is YEEOOOWWW! My Minute EL34 SE has total control of the drivers in my HE-6. Power, extension, headroom, tone... I like - very much. I'll stop there for now and collect my thoughts while burning it in.post #37 of 635/14/12 at 12:10am
Any follow-up review for this amp, Misterrogers?Quote:Originally Posted by Misterrogers
My amp landed yesterday, and I've been running it 3-4 hours at a time to burn it it (as recommended by Kittipol). I plan on doing an in-depth writeup when it's burned in, but my quick - initial (and very very early) impression is YEEOOOWWW! My Minute EL34 SE has total control of the drivers in my HE-6. Power, extension, headroom, tone... I like - very much. I'll stop there for now and collect my thoughts while burning it in.post #38 of 635/14/12 at 11:01ampost #39 of 636/5/12 at 6:52pm
I have an Almarro 318B and like the sound with my Zu Audio Druid MKIV Speakers (liked them better than the Superfly - Druids are a little warmer). Do you have any idea how the Almarro compares to the SAC EL34 Minute or if the Minute sounds good with the Zu Druids? Is your SAC Minute still your favorite amp? 10 Watts should be plenty with the 102db sensitivity Zu Druids I imagine.post #40 of 636/5/12 at 6:55pmpost #41 of 636/5/12 at 7:14pm
Yep, still my favorite. Though I've really been enjoying a custom CTH I finished just awhile ago. It has a fantastic synergy with my HE-500's. I started my headphone journey with the D2000's. They're quite a nice set of headphones.post #42 of 636/5/12 at 7:25pmpost #43 of 636/6/12 at 6:59am
No, I don't. If you're anywhere around Los Angeles, I'll have mine at the LAX meet in August. I've also been in touch with the designer and he's agreed to good 'group buy' pricing. My intent it, to finish my review and after the show, post a group buy. If we get 10 or more, he'll give 30% off. THAT's and absolute steal for this amp (it's a great value at its retail price).post #44 of 636/6/12 at 7:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Misterrogers
No, I don't. If you're anywhere around Los Angeles, I'll have mine at the LAX meet in August. I've also been in touch with the designer and he's agreed to good 'group buy' pricing. My intent it, to finish my review and after the show, post a group buy. If we get 10 or more, he'll give 30% off. THAT's and absolute steal for this amp (it's a great value at its retail price).
You can count me in for the group buy if the offer is for anywhere in the world.post #45 of 636/6/12 at 8:10pm
Interesting. Hope to pay these guys a visit when I take up residence in the LOS in early 2014. I'll be close enough to Bangkok to make frequent trips to check out audio - also want to hear these marble speakers:
Realistically, I expect to see a lot more of Piyanas' mid-fi than anything boutique, but its all good.
- First Look: Minute EL34 SE Headphone Amplifier from SAC Thailand
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › What's the best amp for HD800 12 seconds ago
- › Xiaomi Piston 3 (2015) 19 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 19 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Audioengine A5+ / A2+ are analytic ? 54 seconds ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Silver Audiolab M-DAC Digital to Analogue Convertor / Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2