Keep both my MTPC and ie8 in the two cases provided by Monster from my MTPC.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grab Bag Extravaganza! Last post on 6/15/13 at 10:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best build quality ? Last post on 6/12/12 at 10:20am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEelectronics A161p - Amazing Clarity, Amazing Sound [Review] Last post on 6/12/12 at 12:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can I get some help buying a pair of IEMs? Last post on 1/9/12 at 4:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Buying replacement covers/tips for IEMs? Last post on 10/12/11 at 11:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEM's: Where Do You Store Them... - Page 3
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the input.
I bought this hard drive case at Best Buy:
I can put the HiFiMAN's in the netting portion & the J3 & USB cable in the banded-side.
Why does that sound unhealthy to the cables?
Not fond of the cases? I don't see how much space one of those Shure clam cases will take in a backpack.
I also use the velcro tie. At Wal-Mart you can pick up a box of six of them(various colors) for about two bucks. These work so much better than a twist tie, and last so much longer also.
Anyways, like most I store my earphones in whatever case they came with. I loosely over-under wrap them, secure the velcro tie, and pop them in the case. I am thinking of getting a pair of TF10's though, it's cool they come with a crush proof case.
That is what I use to do. I would just pick up at the grocery store when I was buying vegetables every time I needed a new one. My problem was I kept losing them. I like how the Velcro ties actually loop around the cable though so I never have to worry about keep up with them. I have been using the Velcro for probably about 6 months and have not lost or wore it out yet. I am sure I will need to replace it eventually though.
Have you seen how much of a brick the IE8i case is? It's thicker than my Droid X, and it's just as big! And it also takes time to wrap the headphones into the case!
To be fair I usually use a rubber band and a plastic bag. I really can't stand cables getting tangled up and bent unnecessarily.
That's why I recommend the Shure clam case. They are small and you only need to wrap the headphones onto your fingers before sliding them into the case. Takes only a few seconds to do and increases an IEM's longevity by a mile.
I just bought this Stainless Steel card case at Daiso for $1.50 (or can be ordered online 12 for $20 + shipping from the website). I haven't used it yet but a pair of A151's fits perfectly in it. The case is about the same length and width as an altoids tin but noticeably thinner. It's definitely heavier and stronger.
Edited by murano - 5/21/11 at 6:47pm
- IEM's: Where Do You Store Them...
- › Alpha & Delta D2 Impressions 17 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX3 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 7 minutes ago
- › The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor thread 7 minutes ago
- › Any opinions / reviews on Gemtune APPJ PA1502A 7 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO AM5 - High Power Amplifier Module for X7 by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse