Keep both my MTPC and ie8 in the two cases provided by Monster from my MTPC.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grab Bag Extravaganza! Last post on 6/15/13 at 10:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best build quality ? Last post on 6/12/12 at 10:20am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEelectronics A161p - Amazing Clarity, Amazing Sound [Review] Last post on 6/12/12 at 12:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can I get some help buying a pair of IEMs? Last post on 1/9/12 at 4:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Buying replacement covers/tips for IEMs? Last post on 10/12/11 at 11:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Let me start this review with some information about the company that made these headphones, Philips. The company that invented the CD, the first radio etc. As a Dutch guy, I'm very connected with...
I'll start off by saying I am by no means an audiophile, just a kid with some money and a passion for music. These headphones, as far as I can tell, have more prominent mids than most...
Let me just say one thing up front: if you have any complaints about the speed or the bass extension of these headphones, you need a better headphone amp. /endofdiscussion The HD600s will take the...
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEM's: Where Do You Store Them... - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the input.
I bought this hard drive case at Best Buy:
I can put the HiFiMAN's in the netting portion & the J3 & USB cable in the banded-side.
Why does that sound unhealthy to the cables?
Not fond of the cases? I don't see how much space one of those Shure clam cases will take in a backpack.
I also use the velcro tie. At Wal-Mart you can pick up a box of six of them(various colors) for about two bucks. These work so much better than a twist tie, and last so much longer also.
Anyways, like most I store my earphones in whatever case they came with. I loosely over-under wrap them, secure the velcro tie, and pop them in the case. I am thinking of getting a pair of TF10's though, it's cool they come with a crush proof case.
That is what I use to do. I would just pick up at the grocery store when I was buying vegetables every time I needed a new one. My problem was I kept losing them. I like how the Velcro ties actually loop around the cable though so I never have to worry about keep up with them. I have been using the Velcro for probably about 6 months and have not lost or wore it out yet. I am sure I will need to replace it eventually though.
Have you seen how much of a brick the IE8i case is? It's thicker than my Droid X, and it's just as big! And it also takes time to wrap the headphones into the case!
To be fair I usually use a rubber band and a plastic bag. I really can't stand cables getting tangled up and bent unnecessarily.
That's why I recommend the Shure clam case. They are small and you only need to wrap the headphones onto your fingers before sliding them into the case. Takes only a few seconds to do and increases an IEM's longevity by a mile.
I just bought this Stainless Steel card case at Daiso for $1.50 (or can be ordered online 12 for $20 + shipping from the website). I haven't used it yet but a pair of A151's fits perfectly in it. The case is about the same length and width as an altoids tin but noticeably thinner. It's definitely heavier and stronger.
Edited by murano - 5/21/11 at 6:47pm
- IEM's: Where Do You Store Them...
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 1 second ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 11 seconds ago
- › Shure SE535 Clear 42 seconds ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 44 seconds ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Musiland USB 02US just arrived 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 3 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones for best mids and clarity $500 and under - Your... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3