Keep both my MTPC and ie8 in the two cases provided by Monster from my MTPC.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grab Bag Extravaganza! Last post on 6/15/13 at 10:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best build quality ? Last post on 6/12/12 at 10:20am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEelectronics A161p - Amazing Clarity, Amazing Sound [Review] Last post on 6/12/12 at 12:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can I get some help buying a pair of IEMs? Last post on 1/9/12 at 4:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Buying replacement covers/tips for IEMs? Last post on 10/12/11 at 11:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEM's: Where Do You Store Them... - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the input.
I bought this hard drive case at Best Buy:
I can put the HiFiMAN's in the netting portion & the J3 & USB cable in the banded-side.
Why does that sound unhealthy to the cables?
Not fond of the cases? I don't see how much space one of those Shure clam cases will take in a backpack.
I also use the velcro tie. At Wal-Mart you can pick up a box of six of them(various colors) for about two bucks. These work so much better than a twist tie, and last so much longer also.
Anyways, like most I store my earphones in whatever case they came with. I loosely over-under wrap them, secure the velcro tie, and pop them in the case. I am thinking of getting a pair of TF10's though, it's cool they come with a crush proof case.
That is what I use to do. I would just pick up at the grocery store when I was buying vegetables every time I needed a new one. My problem was I kept losing them. I like how the Velcro ties actually loop around the cable though so I never have to worry about keep up with them. I have been using the Velcro for probably about 6 months and have not lost or wore it out yet. I am sure I will need to replace it eventually though.
Have you seen how much of a brick the IE8i case is? It's thicker than my Droid X, and it's just as big! And it also takes time to wrap the headphones into the case!
To be fair I usually use a rubber band and a plastic bag. I really can't stand cables getting tangled up and bent unnecessarily.
That's why I recommend the Shure clam case. They are small and you only need to wrap the headphones onto your fingers before sliding them into the case. Takes only a few seconds to do and increases an IEM's longevity by a mile.
I just bought this Stainless Steel card case at Daiso for $1.50 (or can be ordered online 12 for $20 + shipping from the website). I haven't used it yet but a pair of A151's fits perfectly in it. The case is about the same length and width as an altoids tin but noticeably thinner. It's definitely heavier and stronger.
Edited by murano - 5/21/11 at 6:47pm
- IEM's: Where Do You Store Them...
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 9 seconds ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 14 seconds ago
- › New Ultrasone Edition 5 hinted in the Fujiya Avice Autumn Festival... 25 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 29 seconds ago
- › General advice 33 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › ASUS Xonar D1 or external sound card? (PC) 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 5 minutes ago
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)