Keep both my MTPC and ie8 in the two cases provided by Monster from my MTPC.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grab Bag Extravaganza! Last post on 6/15/13 at 10:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best build quality ? Last post on 6/12/12 at 10:20am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEelectronics A161p - Amazing Clarity, Amazing Sound [Review] Last post on 6/12/12 at 12:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can I get some help buying a pair of IEMs? Last post on 1/9/12 at 4:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Buying replacement covers/tips for IEMs? Last post on 10/12/11 at 11:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEM's: Where Do You Store Them... - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the input.
I bought this hard drive case at Best Buy:
I can put the HiFiMAN's in the netting portion & the J3 & USB cable in the banded-side.
Why does that sound unhealthy to the cables?
Not fond of the cases? I don't see how much space one of those Shure clam cases will take in a backpack.
I also use the velcro tie. At Wal-Mart you can pick up a box of six of them(various colors) for about two bucks. These work so much better than a twist tie, and last so much longer also.
Anyways, like most I store my earphones in whatever case they came with. I loosely over-under wrap them, secure the velcro tie, and pop them in the case. I am thinking of getting a pair of TF10's though, it's cool they come with a crush proof case.
That is what I use to do. I would just pick up at the grocery store when I was buying vegetables every time I needed a new one. My problem was I kept losing them. I like how the Velcro ties actually loop around the cable though so I never have to worry about keep up with them. I have been using the Velcro for probably about 6 months and have not lost or wore it out yet. I am sure I will need to replace it eventually though.
Have you seen how much of a brick the IE8i case is? It's thicker than my Droid X, and it's just as big! And it also takes time to wrap the headphones into the case!
To be fair I usually use a rubber band and a plastic bag. I really can't stand cables getting tangled up and bent unnecessarily.
That's why I recommend the Shure clam case. They are small and you only need to wrap the headphones onto your fingers before sliding them into the case. Takes only a few seconds to do and increases an IEM's longevity by a mile.
I just bought this Stainless Steel card case at Daiso for $1.50 (or can be ordered online 12 for $20 + shipping from the website). I haven't used it yet but a pair of A151's fits perfectly in it. The case is about the same length and width as an altoids tin but noticeably thinner. It's definitely heavier and stronger.
Edited by murano - 5/21/11 at 6:47pm
- IEM's: Where Do You Store Them...
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Why is Amazon (and other vendors) screwing Canadian headphone buyers? 1 second ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 23 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 28 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Astrotec AX30, AX35 Hybrid IEMs Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › $2.50 CD player sounds better than my iPod. 3 minutes ago
- › Atlanta, GA - A-VCOA Presents May 4th Portable Audio Jam 3 minutes ago
- › Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? 4 minutes ago
- › Custom IEM similar AD700 4 minutes ago
- › Dog-fi 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob