Keep both my MTPC and ie8 in the two cases provided by Monster from my MTPC.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grab Bag Extravaganza! Last post on 7/9/12 at 5:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best build quality ? Last post on 6/12/12 at 10:20am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEelectronics A161p - Amazing Clarity, Amazing Sound [Review] Last post on 6/12/12 at 12:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can I get some help buying a pair of IEMs? Last post on 1/9/12 at 4:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Buying replacement covers/tips for IEMs? Last post on 10/12/11 at 11:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Edited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Introduction In the past 2 years VentureCraft has been successfully creating amps and DAC/Amp packaged components with their GD-03, Go-DAP 4.0 for iPhone 4(s), and Go-DAP X for their...
A friend of mine needed a new headphone, which was cheap, closed and good sounding. I said to him, dream on friend it will be very tough to find a headphone with those criteria. But then after...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEM's: Where Do You Store Them... - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the input.
I bought this hard drive case at Best Buy:
I can put the HiFiMAN's in the netting portion & the J3 & USB cable in the banded-side.
Why does that sound unhealthy to the cables?
Not fond of the cases? I don't see how much space one of those Shure clam cases will take in a backpack.
I also use the velcro tie. At Wal-Mart you can pick up a box of six of them(various colors) for about two bucks. These work so much better than a twist tie, and last so much longer also.
Anyways, like most I store my earphones in whatever case they came with. I loosely over-under wrap them, secure the velcro tie, and pop them in the case. I am thinking of getting a pair of TF10's though, it's cool they come with a crush proof case.
That is what I use to do. I would just pick up at the grocery store when I was buying vegetables every time I needed a new one. My problem was I kept losing them. I like how the Velcro ties actually loop around the cable though so I never have to worry about keep up with them. I have been using the Velcro for probably about 6 months and have not lost or wore it out yet. I am sure I will need to replace it eventually though.
Have you seen how much of a brick the IE8i case is? It's thicker than my Droid X, and it's just as big! And it also takes time to wrap the headphones into the case!
To be fair I usually use a rubber band and a plastic bag. I really can't stand cables getting tangled up and bent unnecessarily.
That's why I recommend the Shure clam case. They are small and you only need to wrap the headphones onto your fingers before sliding them into the case. Takes only a few seconds to do and increases an IEM's longevity by a mile.
I just bought this Stainless Steel card case at Daiso for $1.50 (or can be ordered online 12 for $20 + shipping from the website). I haven't used it yet but a pair of A151's fits perfectly in it. The case is about the same length and width as an altoids tin but noticeably thinner. It's definitely heavier and stronger.
Edited by murano - 5/21/11 at 6:47pm
- IEM's: Where Do You Store Them...
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 seconds ago
- › [Impression] FiiO E10 22 seconds ago
- › Little Dot MK III with Tube Upgrade & Tube Dampeners 38 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Paradgim Shift Vs. Auidoengine 5+ 2 minutes ago
- › Heir Audio - The Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 2 minutes ago
- › New Earsonics SM2 v2 -- For sale or trade (279 euros direct from... 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-4SL by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe