Looks VERY nice, I wonder if the headband is metal.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone upgrade help! Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- The beautiful AKG. No review just *** lots of pictures *** Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Ety's ruined my AD700s :O Last post on 5/7/11 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First off, these were supplied to me for review by Pandora at Brainwavz for my honest and unbiased opinion, my thanks to them for their trust in me to do this. Here is a link to them on Amazon...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
AKG K550 - NEW!! - Page 3post #31 of 14935/16/11 at 3:36am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 14935/16/11 at 3:41ampost #33 of 14935/16/11 at 3:49am
Just had a thought.
Closed phones are a pretty contained acoustic space and a very tough one to work with. Is it possible that the low bass (which we cannot hear after all) was causing vibration in the shell which was detrimental to the sound we can hear?
Just an idea I’m throwing out there. Could they have deliberately limited the ultra low frequencies to reduce unwanted resonance?post #34 of 14935/16/11 at 3:50ampost #35 of 14935/16/11 at 4:17am
The K272HD is the successor to the K271. That is their mid-price band closed phone and this looks more likely a closed addition to their higher-price band, something AKG have actually never had before but there is clearly a market for it now.
Both beyer and Ultrasone have been after for a while and I think its a matter of time before Sennheiser comes out with a "high end" phone that can be driven from an ipod. The "ipod generation" have shown they are willing to spend a lot of circumaural bose/beats type phones so it makes sense for the serious manufacturers to go after it too.post #36 of 14935/16/11 at 4:31ampost #37 of 14935/16/11 at 4:36am
Yeah OK I see your point, and you're right regarding the labelling. But what I am getting at is that they have continued to release new versions of that price-band range phone and there are recent versions of it. It's their mid-priced closed phone, and they don't actually have a closed phone they've sold as top-of-the-line - making this a whole new animal.post #38 of 14935/16/11 at 5:01ampost #39 of 14935/16/11 at 5:07amQuote:
I don't know about that, a lot is speculation right now, but AKG have used the term "reference class" for that top line for a while now - and its been applied to these.
It may be a flagship only as far as their closed phones go but not compared to the whole line (like the DT770 to the DT880), or it could be the new best of the best. It's all guess work at this point.
Given the length of time since their last new headphone, I would hope it is better than the K701 personally...
post #40 of 14935/16/11 at 10:29ampost #41 of 14935/17/11 at 1:38ampost #42 of 14935/20/11 at 6:30amQuote:Originally Posted by Kernmac
Based on the claimed frequency response published, I doubt that AKG are pitching this as a flagship model. 1 + 1 doesn't equal= 6 Just because you might want a new flagship doesn't mean it is one. And just because they list it above the K701 doesn't mean that it is meant to be more accurate etc. It is simply a new closed model, no flagship claim beyond that.
Agree! they looks more like a vixen Dj hps (2D-Axis2)...and I do love the pads and the headband. The most important, I hope AKG made a new drivers /for this model (I'm waiting to looooong),
BTW, they are the most heaviest in the AKG current line,305g. Looks they can go portable as well @32ohm.
Edited by Acix - 5/20/11 at 6:50ampost #43 of 14935/20/11 at 6:48ampost #44 of 14935/20/11 at 7:35ampost #45 of 14935/20/11 at 9:20am114db/32 ohm... Yikes, more sensitive than any EARPhones that I've ever owned.
Rotatable cups ('2d' lol ? ), non-suspension headband... AKG is being odd... (I guess at least people won't have to tape a piece of pleather over the headband (k702), OR will they ?)
Their response to beyer's T70p and the like?
This thread is locked
- AKG K550 - NEW!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 15 seconds ago
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma 16 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 49 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 1 minute ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 1 minute ago
- › CanJam Music Appreciation Contest 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (August 30, 2015) Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Hi all...been away for a while and just landed stateside but my... 5 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by dragon2knight
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2