Looks VERY nice, I wonder if the headband is metal.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone upgrade help! Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- The beautiful AKG. No review just *** lots of pictures *** Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Ety's ruined my AD700s :O Last post on 5/7/11 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Acknowledgment It’s always a privilege to check out new gear in exchange for your honest opinion. Thanks, iFi, for letting me in on this particular party. I’ve been borrowing this unit...
Introduction I have recently had the good fortune to review 1More’s excellent Triple Driver 1001 In Ear Monitors and their MK802 Bluetooth full-sized headphone and was left extremely impressed...
As the rabbit hole of summit-fi in-ear monitors gets deeper and deeper, I find myself encountering the same issues over and over. Most of the high end multiple armature driver in-ear monitors in...
AKG K550 - NEW!! - Page 3post #31 of 14935/16/11 at 3:36am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 14935/16/11 at 3:41ampost #33 of 14935/16/11 at 3:49am
Just had a thought.
Closed phones are a pretty contained acoustic space and a very tough one to work with. Is it possible that the low bass (which we cannot hear after all) was causing vibration in the shell which was detrimental to the sound we can hear?
Just an idea I’m throwing out there. Could they have deliberately limited the ultra low frequencies to reduce unwanted resonance?post #34 of 14935/16/11 at 3:50ampost #35 of 14935/16/11 at 4:17am
The K272HD is the successor to the K271. That is their mid-price band closed phone and this looks more likely a closed addition to their higher-price band, something AKG have actually never had before but there is clearly a market for it now.
Both beyer and Ultrasone have been after for a while and I think its a matter of time before Sennheiser comes out with a "high end" phone that can be driven from an ipod. The "ipod generation" have shown they are willing to spend a lot of circumaural bose/beats type phones so it makes sense for the serious manufacturers to go after it too.post #36 of 14935/16/11 at 4:31ampost #37 of 14935/16/11 at 4:36am
Yeah OK I see your point, and you're right regarding the labelling. But what I am getting at is that they have continued to release new versions of that price-band range phone and there are recent versions of it. It's their mid-priced closed phone, and they don't actually have a closed phone they've sold as top-of-the-line - making this a whole new animal.post #38 of 14935/16/11 at 5:01ampost #39 of 14935/16/11 at 5:07amQuote:
I don't know about that, a lot is speculation right now, but AKG have used the term "reference class" for that top line for a while now - and its been applied to these.
It may be a flagship only as far as their closed phones go but not compared to the whole line (like the DT770 to the DT880), or it could be the new best of the best. It's all guess work at this point.
Given the length of time since their last new headphone, I would hope it is better than the K701 personally...
post #40 of 14935/16/11 at 10:29ampost #41 of 14935/17/11 at 1:38ampost #42 of 14935/20/11 at 6:30amQuote:Originally Posted by Kernmac
Based on the claimed frequency response published, I doubt that AKG are pitching this as a flagship model. 1 + 1 doesn't equal= 6 Just because you might want a new flagship doesn't mean it is one. And just because they list it above the K701 doesn't mean that it is meant to be more accurate etc. It is simply a new closed model, no flagship claim beyond that.
Agree! they looks more like a vixen Dj hps (2D-Axis2)...and I do love the pads and the headband. The most important, I hope AKG made a new drivers /for this model (I'm waiting to looooong),
BTW, they are the most heaviest in the AKG current line,305g. Looks they can go portable as well @32ohm.
Edited by Acix - 5/20/11 at 6:50ampost #43 of 14935/20/11 at 6:48ampost #44 of 14935/20/11 at 7:35ampost #45 of 14935/20/11 at 9:20am114db/32 ohm... Yikes, more sensitive than any EARPhones that I've ever owned.
Rotatable cups ('2d' lol ? ), non-suspension headband... AKG is being odd... (I guess at least people won't have to tape a piece of pleather over the headband (k702), OR will they ?)
Their response to beyer's T70p and the like?
This thread is locked
- AKG K550 - NEW!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 45 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 4 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 6 minutes ago
- › Don't be shy, contact us directly with problems with your FiiO! 8 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 8 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 9 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 12 minutes ago
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear