Looks VERY nice, I wonder if the headband is metal.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone upgrade help! Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- The beautiful AKG. No review just *** lots of pictures *** Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Ety's ruined my AD700s :O Last post on 5/7/11 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I already had Sennheasier HD 25 iis which are great on-ear headphones but i wanted to try these after a good experience with the Yamaha EPH-200s. I really enjoyed the Yamaha house sound and these...
Oriveti Primacy: Making music sound like music Introduction Oriveti seems to be a rather obscure company, without any big breaks or long-running hype trains. They offer a single model that...
Background: The Audio-Technica CK10 is a dual BA IEM that was released in 2008, back then in those simpler times, CIEMs were a highly niche market, three BA drivers per ear was considered a lot,...
Focal Utopia Review Utopia - definition: An imagined state of things in which everything is perfect. My initial intention was just to write some detailed impressions, but throughout that...
AKG K550 - NEW!! - Page 3post #31 of 14935/16/11 at 3:36am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 14935/16/11 at 3:41ampost #33 of 14935/16/11 at 3:49am
Just had a thought.
Closed phones are a pretty contained acoustic space and a very tough one to work with. Is it possible that the low bass (which we cannot hear after all) was causing vibration in the shell which was detrimental to the sound we can hear?
Just an idea I’m throwing out there. Could they have deliberately limited the ultra low frequencies to reduce unwanted resonance?post #34 of 14935/16/11 at 3:50ampost #35 of 14935/16/11 at 4:17am
The K272HD is the successor to the K271. That is their mid-price band closed phone and this looks more likely a closed addition to their higher-price band, something AKG have actually never had before but there is clearly a market for it now.
Both beyer and Ultrasone have been after for a while and I think its a matter of time before Sennheiser comes out with a "high end" phone that can be driven from an ipod. The "ipod generation" have shown they are willing to spend a lot of circumaural bose/beats type phones so it makes sense for the serious manufacturers to go after it too.post #36 of 14935/16/11 at 4:31ampost #37 of 14935/16/11 at 4:36am
Yeah OK I see your point, and you're right regarding the labelling. But what I am getting at is that they have continued to release new versions of that price-band range phone and there are recent versions of it. It's their mid-priced closed phone, and they don't actually have a closed phone they've sold as top-of-the-line - making this a whole new animal.post #38 of 14935/16/11 at 5:01ampost #39 of 14935/16/11 at 5:07amQuote:
I don't know about that, a lot is speculation right now, but AKG have used the term "reference class" for that top line for a while now - and its been applied to these.
It may be a flagship only as far as their closed phones go but not compared to the whole line (like the DT770 to the DT880), or it could be the new best of the best. It's all guess work at this point.
Given the length of time since their last new headphone, I would hope it is better than the K701 personally...
post #40 of 14935/16/11 at 10:29ampost #41 of 14935/17/11 at 1:38ampost #42 of 14935/20/11 at 6:30amQuote:Originally Posted by Kernmac
Based on the claimed frequency response published, I doubt that AKG are pitching this as a flagship model. 1 + 1 doesn't equal= 6 Just because you might want a new flagship doesn't mean it is one. And just because they list it above the K701 doesn't mean that it is meant to be more accurate etc. It is simply a new closed model, no flagship claim beyond that.
Agree! they looks more like a vixen Dj hps (2D-Axis2)...and I do love the pads and the headband. The most important, I hope AKG made a new drivers /for this model (I'm waiting to looooong),
BTW, they are the most heaviest in the AKG current line,305g. Looks they can go portable as well @32ohm.
Edited by Acix - 5/20/11 at 6:50ampost #43 of 14935/20/11 at 6:48ampost #44 of 14935/20/11 at 7:35ampost #45 of 14935/20/11 at 9:20am114db/32 ohm... Yikes, more sensitive than any EARPhones that I've ever owned.
Rotatable cups ('2d' lol ? ), non-suspension headband... AKG is being odd... (I guess at least people won't have to tape a piece of pleather over the headband (k702), OR will they ?)
Their response to beyer's T70p and the like?
This thread is locked
- AKG K550 - NEW!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FiiO X5ii Vs iBasso DX80 13 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 55 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-WM1 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › SchiitShow 2: This Changes Everything 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze Deckard - class A amp, USB DAC 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 7 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA 8 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 8 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 8 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by harry501501
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...