Are you being sarcastic? Not to be condescending, but that question was like asking if that man in the picture was Micheal Jackson, unless of course you really don't know who Quincy Jones is.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone upgrade help! Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- The beautiful AKG. No review just *** lots of pictures *** Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Ety's ruined my AD700s :O Last post on 5/7/11 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I own 3 High-end headphones ( HD 600, HD-650s, and HE 500s) and this amplifier does everything I want it to do. The headphones have been driven with authority, speed and transparency. The sound is...
Disclaimer: I would like to thank www.hifinage.com and Fidue for this review sample.I was supposed to keep it...
I received by LG for review purposes. Here are my thoughts are 6 weeks. Aesthetics. The unique ‘on-neck horse-shoe’ design is inconspicuous sits neatly and discreetly around the neck line....
Signature Acoustics C-12: The Elemental Underdog Woodies Company Background Audiophiles love music, especially when played from high quality audio products that contain several different...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank SoundMagic for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. If you live in US, they are currently available at a...
AKG K550 - NEW!! - Page 10post #136 of 14937/3/11 at 5:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 14937/3/11 at 7:30pmpost #138 of 14937/3/11 at 7:32pmpost #139 of 14937/6/11 at 3:21pmpost #140 of 14937/6/11 at 11:00pm
The more I look at them the more I feel an instinct that I will like them. The easy to drive aspect is another exciting bit of news. Not even a full dressed man sitting with pillows in an old bath-tub can derail me.post #141 of 14937/7/11 at 2:27pmpost #142 of 14937/9/11 at 3:57ampost #143 of 14937/9/11 at 8:43ampost #144 of 14937/9/11 at 10:12am
I have ordered it a week ago from a German webshop for EUR 181 (http://www.meintrendyhandy.de/shop/akg-k-550-52356p.html). They have no idea about the availability though.post #145 of 14937/9/11 at 11:49amQuote:Originally Posted by chi2
I have ordered it a week ago from a German webshop for EUR 181 (http://www.meintrendyhandy.de/shop/akg-k-550-52356p.html). They have no idea about the availability though.
at that price, count me in. an improved K271 would make me a very, very happy.
post #146 of 14937/9/11 at 4:17pm
Looks interesting. I enjoy the AKG sound signature, but I don't enjoy the AKG comfort with the self-adjusting headbands. They just don't work for me, but they finally realized that putting some PADDING on the thing might be a good decision.
Edited by krameriffic - 7/9/11 at 4:23pmpost #147 of 14937/10/11 at 1:29am
I hope this doesn't wind up being vaporware. At 181 Euro thats not even 250 Canadian, that's a nice price point.
Edited by DigitalFreak - 7/10/11 at 1:31ampost #148 of 14937/10/11 at 6:10ampost #149 of 14937/11/11 at 8:20am
There was a review in a German magazine I read while waiting at the train station.
They'll cost 300€ over here and had a show-off against other new headphones like the "Beyer T70P" and the LCD-2
There were no graphs or measurements for any phone but a quick summary and two scores.
Price/Quality... bleh, and Sound Quality.
SQ-Score (from memory but quite(+-5%) accurate)
It was described as quality built, expensive, more bass than the K601 but still on the shy side, and a bit to bright...
Sounds like you'll like 'em if you own a pair of K27x?
Edited by roBernd - 7/11/11 at 8:25ampost #150 of 14937/11/11 at 9:20am
The test in the magazine "Stereo" was poor. No in depth descriptions of the sound, no measurements and some very strange statements like the K550 being the successor of the K601 or the Shure SE215 having a not so strong bass.
The ratings were almost within the predicted accuracy :
BTW, the Monster Beats Pro got 75%
EUR 300 may be the list price but they can be had for EUR 215 (EUR 185 w/o taxes).
Edited by chi2 - 7/11/11 at 9:24am
This thread is locked
- AKG K550 - NEW!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 17 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 21 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions 54 seconds ago
- › Apple Music... Seriously? 2 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 3 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 4 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 6 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 7 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming) 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)