Are you being sarcastic? Not to be condescending, but that question was like asking if that man in the picture was Micheal Jackson, unless of course you really don't know who Quincy Jones is.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone upgrade help! Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- The beautiful AKG. No review just *** lots of pictures *** Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Ety's ruined my AD700s :O Last post on 5/7/11 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Used Schiit Modi & Magni with car sim racing game with Sennheiser HD 598 headphones. Unfortunately, Modi died after 2+ years. Was hoping Schiit would cover Modi under warranty since it died just 2...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
AKG K550 - NEW!! - Page 10post #136 of 14937/3/11 at 5:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 14937/3/11 at 7:30pmpost #138 of 14937/3/11 at 7:32pmpost #139 of 14937/6/11 at 3:21pmpost #140 of 14937/6/11 at 11:00pm
The more I look at them the more I feel an instinct that I will like them. The easy to drive aspect is another exciting bit of news. Not even a full dressed man sitting with pillows in an old bath-tub can derail me.post #141 of 14937/7/11 at 2:27pmpost #142 of 14937/9/11 at 3:57ampost #143 of 14937/9/11 at 8:43ampost #144 of 14937/9/11 at 10:12am
I have ordered it a week ago from a German webshop for EUR 181 (http://www.meintrendyhandy.de/shop/akg-k-550-52356p.html). They have no idea about the availability though.post #145 of 14937/9/11 at 11:49amQuote:Originally Posted by chi2
I have ordered it a week ago from a German webshop for EUR 181 (http://www.meintrendyhandy.de/shop/akg-k-550-52356p.html). They have no idea about the availability though.
at that price, count me in. an improved K271 would make me a very, very happy.
post #146 of 14937/9/11 at 4:17pm
Looks interesting. I enjoy the AKG sound signature, but I don't enjoy the AKG comfort with the self-adjusting headbands. They just don't work for me, but they finally realized that putting some PADDING on the thing might be a good decision.
Edited by krameriffic - 7/9/11 at 4:23pmpost #147 of 14937/10/11 at 1:29ampost #148 of 14937/10/11 at 6:10ampost #149 of 14937/11/11 at 8:20am
There was a review in a German magazine I read while waiting at the train station.
They'll cost 300€ over here and had a show-off against other new headphones like the "Beyer T70P" and the LCD-2
There were no graphs or measurements for any phone but a quick summary and two scores.
Price/Quality... bleh, and Sound Quality.
SQ-Score (from memory but quite(+-5%) accurate)
It was described as quality built, expensive, more bass than the K601 but still on the shy side, and a bit to bright...
Sounds like you'll like 'em if you own a pair of K27x?
Edited by roBernd - 7/11/11 at 8:25ampost #150 of 14937/11/11 at 9:20am
The test in the magazine "Stereo" was poor. No in depth descriptions of the sound, no measurements and some very strange statements like the K550 being the successor of the K601 or the Shure SE215 having a not so strong bass.
The ratings were almost within the predicted accuracy :
BTW, the Monster Beats Pro got 75%
EUR 300 may be the list price but they can be had for EUR 215 (EUR 185 w/o taxes).
Edited by chi2 - 7/11/11 at 9:24am
This thread is locked
- AKG K550 - NEW!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 19 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 3 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 3 minutes ago
- › Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 5 minutes ago
- › Upgrade options &Thoughts: higher bit rate vs balanced setup 6 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Schiit Modi by Tim Updegrove
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear