Are you being sarcastic? Not to be condescending, but that question was like asking if that man in the picture was Micheal Jackson, unless of course you really don't know who Quincy Jones is.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone upgrade help! Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- The beautiful AKG. No review just *** lots of pictures *** Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Ety's ruined my AD700s :O Last post on 5/7/11 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
AKG K550 - NEW!! - Page 10post #136 of 14937/3/11 at 5:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 14937/3/11 at 7:30pmpost #138 of 14937/3/11 at 7:32pmpost #139 of 14937/6/11 at 3:21pmpost #140 of 14937/6/11 at 11:00pm
The more I look at them the more I feel an instinct that I will like them. The easy to drive aspect is another exciting bit of news. Not even a full dressed man sitting with pillows in an old bath-tub can derail me.post #141 of 14937/7/11 at 2:27pmpost #142 of 14937/9/11 at 3:57ampost #143 of 14937/9/11 at 8:43ampost #144 of 14937/9/11 at 10:12am
I have ordered it a week ago from a German webshop for EUR 181 (http://www.meintrendyhandy.de/shop/akg-k-550-52356p.html). They have no idea about the availability though.post #145 of 14937/9/11 at 11:49amQuote:Originally Posted by chi2
I have ordered it a week ago from a German webshop for EUR 181 (http://www.meintrendyhandy.de/shop/akg-k-550-52356p.html). They have no idea about the availability though.
at that price, count me in. an improved K271 would make me a very, very happy.
post #146 of 14937/9/11 at 4:17pm
Looks interesting. I enjoy the AKG sound signature, but I don't enjoy the AKG comfort with the self-adjusting headbands. They just don't work for me, but they finally realized that putting some PADDING on the thing might be a good decision.
Edited by krameriffic - 7/9/11 at 4:23pmpost #147 of 14937/10/11 at 1:29ampost #148 of 14937/10/11 at 6:10ampost #149 of 14937/11/11 at 8:20am
There was a review in a German magazine I read while waiting at the train station.
They'll cost 300€ over here and had a show-off against other new headphones like the "Beyer T70P" and the LCD-2
There were no graphs or measurements for any phone but a quick summary and two scores.
Price/Quality... bleh, and Sound Quality.
SQ-Score (from memory but quite(+-5%) accurate)
It was described as quality built, expensive, more bass than the K601 but still on the shy side, and a bit to bright...
Sounds like you'll like 'em if you own a pair of K27x?
Edited by roBernd - 7/11/11 at 8:25ampost #150 of 14937/11/11 at 9:20am
The test in the magazine "Stereo" was poor. No in depth descriptions of the sound, no measurements and some very strange statements like the K550 being the successor of the K601 or the Shure SE215 having a not so strong bass.
The ratings were almost within the predicted accuracy :
BTW, the Monster Beats Pro got 75%
EUR 300 may be the list price but they can be had for EUR 215 (EUR 185 w/o taxes).
Edited by chi2 - 7/11/11 at 9:24am
This thread is locked
- AKG K550 - NEW!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 39 seconds ago
- › Periodic Audio EIMs Mg, Ti, Be 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio WA22 Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › [Wanted] Sennheiser HD 580 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › [Review] Encore mDSD (dac/amp) - a new pocket rocket to make you hum 2 minutes ago
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 2 minutes ago
- › GRADO RS2e, Like New, with complete accessories or/and GRADO... 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear