Are you being sarcastic? Not to be condescending, but that question was like asking if that man in the picture was Micheal Jackson, unless of course you really don't know who Quincy Jones is.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone upgrade help! Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- The beautiful AKG. No review just *** lots of pictures *** Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Ety's ruined my AD700s :O Last post on 5/7/11 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
AKG K550 - NEW!! - Page 10post #136 of 14937/3/11 at 5:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 14937/3/11 at 7:30pmpost #138 of 14937/3/11 at 7:32pmpost #139 of 14937/6/11 at 3:21pmpost #140 of 14937/6/11 at 11:00pm
The more I look at them the more I feel an instinct that I will like them. The easy to drive aspect is another exciting bit of news. Not even a full dressed man sitting with pillows in an old bath-tub can derail me.post #141 of 14937/7/11 at 2:27pmpost #142 of 14937/9/11 at 3:57ampost #143 of 14937/9/11 at 8:43ampost #144 of 14937/9/11 at 10:12am
I have ordered it a week ago from a German webshop for EUR 181 (http://www.meintrendyhandy.de/shop/akg-k-550-52356p.html). They have no idea about the availability though.post #145 of 14937/9/11 at 11:49amQuote:Originally Posted by chi2
I have ordered it a week ago from a German webshop for EUR 181 (http://www.meintrendyhandy.de/shop/akg-k-550-52356p.html). They have no idea about the availability though.
at that price, count me in. an improved K271 would make me a very, very happy.
post #146 of 14937/9/11 at 4:17pm
Looks interesting. I enjoy the AKG sound signature, but I don't enjoy the AKG comfort with the self-adjusting headbands. They just don't work for me, but they finally realized that putting some PADDING on the thing might be a good decision.
Edited by krameriffic - 7/9/11 at 4:23pmpost #147 of 14937/10/11 at 1:29ampost #148 of 14937/10/11 at 6:10ampost #149 of 14937/11/11 at 8:20am
There was a review in a German magazine I read while waiting at the train station.
They'll cost 300€ over here and had a show-off against other new headphones like the "Beyer T70P" and the LCD-2
There were no graphs or measurements for any phone but a quick summary and two scores.
Price/Quality... bleh, and Sound Quality.
SQ-Score (from memory but quite(+-5%) accurate)
It was described as quality built, expensive, more bass than the K601 but still on the shy side, and a bit to bright...
Sounds like you'll like 'em if you own a pair of K27x?
Edited by roBernd - 7/11/11 at 8:25ampost #150 of 14937/11/11 at 9:20am
The test in the magazine "Stereo" was poor. No in depth descriptions of the sound, no measurements and some very strange statements like the K550 being the successor of the K601 or the Shure SE215 having a not so strong bass.
The ratings were almost within the predicted accuracy :
BTW, the Monster Beats Pro got 75%
EUR 300 may be the list price but they can be had for EUR 215 (EUR 185 w/o taxes).
Edited by chi2 - 7/11/11 at 9:24am
This thread is locked
- AKG K550 - NEW!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 10 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 4 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. Phase 2: What speakers did you use to... 8 minutes ago
- › headphones for the 55 and up crowd 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)