Are you being sarcastic? Not to be condescending, but that question was like asking if that man in the picture was Micheal Jackson, unless of course you really don't know who Quincy Jones is.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone upgrade help! Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- The beautiful AKG. No review just *** lots of pictures *** Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Ety's ruined my AD700s :O Last post on 5/7/11 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Introduction Why am I here? Am I seeking an endgame all-in-one audio device? Am I seeking an amplifier for every conceivable, non-electrostatic headphone? Am I seeking a sound that will draw me...
Great quality to be expected of a Fiio product, the cable works as intended and feels nice in the hand. There`s no strain relief on the 30pin connector, perhaps it`s to increase pliability?...
Feliks Audio Espressivo A Foot Tappin', Head Shakin' Tube Amp | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION A Diamond In The Rough Feliks Audio is a family company...
Intro I've been searching for a pair of headphones to use on commutes for years. I started with the Skullcandy Hesh in middle school which broke after several months. After that i came across...
AKG K550 - NEW!! - Page 10post #136 of 14937/3/11 at 5:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 14937/3/11 at 7:30pmpost #138 of 14937/3/11 at 7:32pmpost #139 of 14937/6/11 at 3:21pmpost #140 of 14937/6/11 at 11:00pm
The more I look at them the more I feel an instinct that I will like them. The easy to drive aspect is another exciting bit of news. Not even a full dressed man sitting with pillows in an old bath-tub can derail me.post #141 of 14937/7/11 at 2:27pmpost #142 of 14937/9/11 at 3:57ampost #143 of 14937/9/11 at 8:43ampost #144 of 14937/9/11 at 10:12am
I have ordered it a week ago from a German webshop for EUR 181 (http://www.meintrendyhandy.de/shop/akg-k-550-52356p.html). They have no idea about the availability though.post #145 of 14937/9/11 at 11:49amQuote:Originally Posted by chi2
I have ordered it a week ago from a German webshop for EUR 181 (http://www.meintrendyhandy.de/shop/akg-k-550-52356p.html). They have no idea about the availability though.
at that price, count me in. an improved K271 would make me a very, very happy.
post #146 of 14937/9/11 at 4:17pm
Looks interesting. I enjoy the AKG sound signature, but I don't enjoy the AKG comfort with the self-adjusting headbands. They just don't work for me, but they finally realized that putting some PADDING on the thing might be a good decision.
Edited by krameriffic - 7/9/11 at 4:23pmpost #147 of 14937/10/11 at 1:29ampost #148 of 14937/10/11 at 6:10ampost #149 of 14937/11/11 at 8:20am
There was a review in a German magazine I read while waiting at the train station.
They'll cost 300€ over here and had a show-off against other new headphones like the "Beyer T70P" and the LCD-2
There were no graphs or measurements for any phone but a quick summary and two scores.
Price/Quality... bleh, and Sound Quality.
SQ-Score (from memory but quite(+-5%) accurate)
It was described as quality built, expensive, more bass than the K601 but still on the shy side, and a bit to bright...
Sounds like you'll like 'em if you own a pair of K27x?
Edited by roBernd - 7/11/11 at 8:25ampost #150 of 14937/11/11 at 9:20am
The test in the magazine "Stereo" was poor. No in depth descriptions of the sound, no measurements and some very strange statements like the K550 being the successor of the K601 or the Shure SE215 having a not so strong bass.
The ratings were almost within the predicted accuracy :
BTW, the Monster Beats Pro got 75%
EUR 300 may be the list price but they can be had for EUR 215 (EUR 185 w/o taxes).
Edited by chi2 - 7/11/11 at 9:24am
This thread is locked
- AKG K550 - NEW!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › What is more important in a DAC/AMP : Lower Distortion or Higher SNR? 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi Multibit DAC 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...