- 367 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Location: Springfield, Virginia ツ
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- ATH M50s flatter bass after burn in? Can the "subs" bust? Last post on 6/28/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- IEM headset equivalent of ATH-M50 Last post on 6/4/11 at 11:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ATH M50 or M50S? Amped or no? If yes, which amp? Last post on 3/15/11 at 3:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can I get more from my ATH-M50s? Last post on 2/23/11 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Last Minute Questions about Ath-M50 Last post on 6/15/12 at 2:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
REVIEWER INTRODUCTION First of all, I want to introduce my gear while writing this review. I'm using my AKG K612 PRO headphone with my Fiio X3 2nd Gen dedicated DAP. Currently I don't own any...
Preamble Whilst I have been an audio enthusiast for many years now, I must admit I have never really been all that interested in using any kind of esoteric cables with my systems. I have always...
Preamble: It is finally happening – Brainwavz Audio is making in-ears with Balanced Armature drivers again. After they were introduced to the public few months ago, the two single-BA...
The Lyra, released back in 2014-15 was refreshed along with Campfire Audio's dynamic and hybrid lineup as the Lyra II, and is a personal single dynamic driver favourite. We would like to thank...
They are re-branded Takstar Pro's with a mic attachment. Very good pair of headphones for the price, readily available and frequently on sale even here in Canada. The bass on these is...
Fiio E5 + ATH M50?post #1 of 125/14/11 at 7:06amThread StarterI am thinking about buying the Fiio E5 for my m50's, has any one ever tryed the E5 with the m50? Is the E5 worth it?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 125/14/11 at 8:19am
But if you have same extra money get a Cmoy..
It is by far better from a E5...
Edited by Optimus Praim - 5/14/11 at 8:24ampost #3 of 129/9/12 at 8:34pmpost #4 of 129/9/12 at 9:12pmpost #5 of 129/9/12 at 9:26pmQuote:
I own the E5 and have used it with my Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium (32 Ohm) and Sennheiser HD 650 -- sorry, no M50. It has excellent fidelity (in my opinion.)
It's been great for music. It won't always go as loud as I want for some Blu-Ray discs when attached to my BD player. And, I don't ever crank the volume to deafening levels ... except to see what it will do.
Its major limitations are its limited gain and a tendency to clip when, with a hot source, its volume control is set high.
It's the best $20 piece of equipment I've bought.post #6 of 129/9/12 at 11:25pmpost #7 of 129/10/12 at 8:12amQuote:
well i was just woundering if it would give it more punch in basspost #8 of 129/10/12 at 8:15amQuote:
This thread was started last year, so by now we have the better E6. Good with M50 too IMOpost #9 of 129/10/12 at 8:26amQuote:
i heard the e6 is more crisp and e5 gives more bass, is that accurate?post #10 of 129/10/12 at 8:39ampost #11 of 129/10/12 at 9:52amQuote:
I don't know about that since I've only heard the E6. But its bass is plenty to me. Anymore bass and I'd drop my jaw so ...post #12 of 126/30/14 at 2:27am
- Fiio E5 + ATH M50?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 9 seconds ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 40 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 minute ago
- › Known bugs/issues with latest X7 firmware 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Singularity 19 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › New England (Mass, NH, Maine, etc) Winter Meet 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 4 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 5 minutes ago
- › Duna dn2000 or something else? 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Mustainized
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by Peddler
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by HiFiChris
- › Campfire Audio Lyra II by alffla
- › Kingston Headset KHX-H3CL/WR HyperX Cloud Headset Black Retail by tproc
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by tproc
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5 by NCSUZoSo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by FortisFlyer75
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by twister6
- › Brainwavz B150 by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear