Easy. Sennheiser HD598
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 5/16/11
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 5/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/16/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 5/16/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/16/11
- productStax SR-Lambda (Λ)tagged by System, 5/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- [Suggestions] Looking for new open-back headphones... Last post on 10/2/11 at 9:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- First good headphones? Last post on 12/15/11 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- so i just got some K 701's.... Last post on 10/6/11 at 12:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- The best all around headphones Last post on 10/31/11 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please give me some advice buying new cans Last post on 9/15/11 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
The Best Headphones For Classical? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 235/14/11 at 7:13ampost #18 of 235/14/11 at 7:50am
I've yet to find a flaw with the Sennheiser HD600 w/ classical music (provided its amped, of course). I use it almost exclusively with classical and have been very impressed. It has great detail across the frequency range without being analytical and has a nice warmth that is appropriate to classical music without every being thick or syrupy. Baroque is clear and precise without being sterile; romantic is lush without being too warm. It's a classic that is recommended often in the under $400 price range. In addition to being recommended many times in many threads here on classical music, Mike from Headfonia and Steve Guttenburg both recommended the HD600 went I emailed them looking for a headphone primarily for classical.post #19 of 235/14/11 at 9:08am
I love my DT880 600ohm + valve amp for classical. Not so much for the soundstage (if you are especially interested in the soundstage aspect of classical music you should be looking at speakers really) but rather for the impressive dynamic range (if the recording is good), the attack and the detail, especially in the woodwinds and strings.post #20 of 235/14/11 at 9:32ampost #21 of 235/14/11 at 11:53amQuote:Originally Posted by Mambosenior
The HD-800 for orchestral and opera although also great for chamber and solo instruments, specially piano. The HD-600 if money is an issue.
Listen to a well recorded Decca or Reference Recordings of an orchestral ball-buster (ie: Richard Strauss, Stravinsky, Rachmaninov, Respighi, Ravel, etc.) and you'll need a diaper. With the HD-800, you are in the hall sitting in the best seat in the house.
x2 on the HD800. The big soundstage is perfect for classical orchestra, but it also sounds amazing on Stephen Isserlis's version of Bach's Cello sonatas.post #22 of 235/14/11 at 1:30pmpost #23 of 235/14/11 at 2:05pmQuote:
650s work for me.
I also like my '03 880's because they play in a larger space than the 650s.
The trade off is accurate tone reproduction Vs larger and deeper sound stage. <--- my opinion
- The Best Headphones For Classical?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 40 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 48 seconds ago
- › HIFIMAN HE-400i touring event is coming. 1 minute ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 Sound Questions + <$50 Sound Card 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Blu-ray Pure Audio vs. CD (Loudness war) 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)