Easy. Sennheiser HD598
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 5/16/11
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 5/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/16/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 5/16/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/16/11
- productStax SR-Lambda (Λ)tagged by System, 5/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- [Suggestions] Looking for new open-back headphones... Last post on 10/2/11 at 9:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- First good headphones? Last post on 12/15/11 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- so i just got some K 701's.... Last post on 10/6/11 at 12:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- The best all around headphones Last post on 10/31/11 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please give me some advice buying new cans Last post on 9/15/11 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
The Best Headphones For Classical? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 235/14/11 at 7:13ampost #18 of 235/14/11 at 7:50am
I've yet to find a flaw with the Sennheiser HD600 w/ classical music (provided its amped, of course). I use it almost exclusively with classical and have been very impressed. It has great detail across the frequency range without being analytical and has a nice warmth that is appropriate to classical music without every being thick or syrupy. Baroque is clear and precise without being sterile; romantic is lush without being too warm. It's a classic that is recommended often in the under $400 price range. In addition to being recommended many times in many threads here on classical music, Mike from Headfonia and Steve Guttenburg both recommended the HD600 went I emailed them looking for a headphone primarily for classical.post #19 of 235/14/11 at 9:08am
I love my DT880 600ohm + valve amp for classical. Not so much for the soundstage (if you are especially interested in the soundstage aspect of classical music you should be looking at speakers really) but rather for the impressive dynamic range (if the recording is good), the attack and the detail, especially in the woodwinds and strings.post #20 of 235/14/11 at 9:32ampost #21 of 235/14/11 at 11:53amQuote:Originally Posted by Mambosenior
The HD-800 for orchestral and opera although also great for chamber and solo instruments, specially piano. The HD-600 if money is an issue.
Listen to a well recorded Decca or Reference Recordings of an orchestral ball-buster (ie: Richard Strauss, Stravinsky, Rachmaninov, Respighi, Ravel, etc.) and you'll need a diaper. With the HD-800, you are in the hall sitting in the best seat in the house.
x2 on the HD800. The big soundstage is perfect for classical orchestra, but it also sounds amazing on Stephen Isserlis's version of Bach's Cello sonatas.post #22 of 235/14/11 at 1:30pmpost #23 of 235/14/11 at 2:05pmQuote:
650s work for me.
I also like my '03 880's because they play in a larger space than the 650s.
The trade off is accurate tone reproduction Vs larger and deeper sound stage. <--- my opinion
- The Best Headphones For Classical?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 9 seconds ago
- › Can my amp drive HE-6 15 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 31 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-MM400 2 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear