Easy. Sennheiser HD598
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 5/16/11
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 5/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/16/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 5/16/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/16/11
- productStax SR-Lambda (Λ)tagged by System, 5/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- [Suggestions] Looking for new open-back headphones... Last post on 10/2/11 at 9:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- First good headphones? Last post on 12/15/11 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- so i just got some K 701's.... Last post on 10/6/11 at 12:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- The best all around headphones Last post on 10/31/11 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please give me some advice buying new cans Last post on 9/15/11 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
iBasso IT03 [1xDD 2xBA] Introduction: the mission statement of the company iBasso is “To capture the essence of music for all to enjoy” On their Facebook banner it also reads “We...
In 1976 two engineering students at Cambridge University with a passion for electronics and music founded Amplification and Recording Cambridge (Arcam). In 1988 they produced the first...
Very detailed quality sound . I am able to find details which missed before. Details with layer and staging. Staging and positioning isn't huge or odd. But I can feel it in my head when listening...
Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank the 1More team for giving these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from as much as an objective standpoint as possible....
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
The Best Headphones For Classical? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 235/14/11 at 7:13ampost #18 of 235/14/11 at 7:50am
I've yet to find a flaw with the Sennheiser HD600 w/ classical music (provided its amped, of course). I use it almost exclusively with classical and have been very impressed. It has great detail across the frequency range without being analytical and has a nice warmth that is appropriate to classical music without every being thick or syrupy. Baroque is clear and precise without being sterile; romantic is lush without being too warm. It's a classic that is recommended often in the under $400 price range. In addition to being recommended many times in many threads here on classical music, Mike from Headfonia and Steve Guttenburg both recommended the HD600 went I emailed them looking for a headphone primarily for classical.post #19 of 235/14/11 at 9:08am
I love my DT880 600ohm + valve amp for classical. Not so much for the soundstage (if you are especially interested in the soundstage aspect of classical music you should be looking at speakers really) but rather for the impressive dynamic range (if the recording is good), the attack and the detail, especially in the woodwinds and strings.post #20 of 235/14/11 at 9:32ampost #21 of 235/14/11 at 11:53amQuote:Originally Posted by Mambosenior
The HD-800 for orchestral and opera although also great for chamber and solo instruments, specially piano. The HD-600 if money is an issue.
Listen to a well recorded Decca or Reference Recordings of an orchestral ball-buster (ie: Richard Strauss, Stravinsky, Rachmaninov, Respighi, Ravel, etc.) and you'll need a diaper. With the HD-800, you are in the hall sitting in the best seat in the house.
x2 on the HD800. The big soundstage is perfect for classical orchestra, but it also sounds amazing on Stephen Isserlis's version of Bach's Cello sonatas.post #22 of 235/14/11 at 1:30pmpost #23 of 235/14/11 at 2:05pmQuote:
650s work for me.
I also like my '03 880's because they play in a larger space than the 650s.
The trade off is accurate tone reproduction Vs larger and deeper sound stage. <--- my opinion
- The Best Headphones For Classical?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 seconds ago
- › Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016. 1 minute ago
- › Are you a console or PC gamer? 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › Breaking News: HE1000 V2 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones - WORN!!! - new thread - no nudity 4 minutes ago
- › Ayre Acoustics "Codex" DAC/Headphone Amp 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 5 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by Cinder
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...