Indeed my friend. As content as I am with my decision, it's here to stay for quite some time.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/13/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/13/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which of the following IEMs do you feel has the best quality cable? Last post on 1/28/11 at 1:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need some buying advice for IEMs (<£150) Last post on 10/3/11 at 4:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- So I lost my UE TF10s... I need a new toy now =p Last post on 9/27/11 at 1:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need to upgrade from my MTPG Last post on 8/18/11 at 9:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Lost the right channel in my GR07s... Last post on 8/11/11 at 12:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
At the time this review was written, the 1More MK802 bluetooth headphone was listed for sale on 1More’s and Amazon’s website. Here are links for more information and...
I first had the chance to audition these at the Wikia meet in San Francisco, taking them around and trying them in different rigs. For $4000, they had a lot to live up to. While on the...
Magaosi K3 Pro Review: Triple Threat Magaosi is another Chinese IEM maker to burst onto the Chi-Fi scene. While its IEM portfolio is shallow, it is not without quality. Their new triple-driver...
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
Top Tier Showdown (Top Pick Announced) - Page 20post #286 of 3665/27/11 at 8:45pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #287 of 3665/27/11 at 9:01pmThread Starter
And the winner is...
ESS EMM THREE!
To be honest, I've never felt more engaged with my music, simple as that! This is the very signature I was looking for, and it took some time to hit me, but when it did, it was an obvious smack in the face! To keep things short and sweet, it offers me the best mixture of all the top tiers, and rest assured I'm not turning back!post #288 of 3665/27/11 at 9:04pmThread Starter
I want to thank everyone from the very bottom of my heart for your kind encouragement and motivation! Everyone here was a big contribution to my final decision, and I can't thank you enough! I can now stop being so critical and finally enjoy the music! You guys are the absolute best!post #289 of 3665/27/11 at 9:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by i2ehan
And the winner is...
ESS EMM THREE!
To be honest, I've never felt more engaged with my music, simple as that! This is the very signature I was looking for, and it took some time to hit me, but when it did, it was an obvious smack in the face! To keep things short and sweet, it offers me the best mixture of all the top tiers, and rest assured I'm not turning back!
...can't...read the spoiler...text too small. :P
-pastes it into my browser-
SM3? Awesome, so all of the others are gonna go?post #290 of 3665/27/11 at 9:07pmpost #291 of 3665/27/11 at 9:23pmpost #292 of 3665/27/11 at 9:44pm
Glad to hear you found something that worked for you! I'm even more glad that it was the SM3! lol. I must say I mentioned before I tested between the SM3/TF10/MTPC and I liked the SM3 hands down over the others and this just makes me ever more confident in my decision (I don't have the funds to test out all those other phones). Also, that song you posted is definitely amazing! Enjoy your Sm3s and thanks again for all the work you put in!post #293 of 3665/27/11 at 9:52pmpost #294 of 3665/27/11 at 10:00pmpost #295 of 3665/27/11 at 10:03pm
I don't think it's about beating, more than it is about preferring.
Also, he has owned all of them at the same time and spent extensive time A/B'ing the two into oblivion, which cannot be said about most people who have only briefly heard one of them or owned them both at different times. Basing opinions off "memory" can be highly misleading in the audio world.post #296 of 3665/27/11 at 10:42pm
I don't know if I like the idea of creating a 'winner' in a top tier showdown... but hey, you spent an enormous effort and money to compare and contrast so many expensive IEMs, so it is fully in your right to say which IEM did you end up liking the most.Quote:Originally Posted by EraserXIV
Also, he has owned all of them at the same time and spent extensive time A/B'ing the two into oblivion, which cannot be said about most people who have only briefly heard one of them or owned them both at different times. Basing opinions off "memory" can be highly misleading in the audio world.
Personally, I think there needs to be a fine balance between A/B-ing IEMs into oblivion and comparing from what you only remember. From my experience, A/B-ing IEMs into oblivion literally does that for me. I just stop caring about the differences and my mind just filters it out.
It is a little bit like sampling colognes. Smell too many of them, they'll all just start smelling like overpowering fancy alcohol. You need a whiff of fresh air before you can tell which scent is which again.post #297 of 3665/27/11 at 10:44pmpost #298 of 3665/27/11 at 10:47pm
Congrats on your choice :) I wouldnt pick the SM3 as I listened to it again yesterday and I still don't prefer it over the other top tiers but like they all say YMMV
I'm glad you found the right one for you. I was surprised though because I was pretty sure you were gonna pick the Westone 4
Also your comparison with the Coppers and the MD's make me want to hear these if they are better than the Coppers. I don't know if I can justify spending for them though seeing how much I spent for the Coppers
Edited by KaliKot - 5/27/11 at 10:54pmpost #299 of 3665/27/11 at 10:56pmQuote:
They aren't better. The Coppers and MD's are quite different and your choice depends on your tastes and needs. Check out the threads and you will see if it's worth your time and money. All the info is there.post #300 of 3665/27/11 at 11:26pm
@i2ehan, i didn't see this one coming!
I actually thought you will prefer the W4 as your winner iem,as you were always making W4 as a base iem in your reviews. Or one of the Monster iems as you were fond of them last time and even prefer them to the top-tier dynamic such as Sony's EX1000. I wonder how you chose with all other iems with you and come up with one winner. But still you did your own time listening to them and still sonic preferences still matter after all.
Congratulations on your picking and enjoy your music with your audiophile gear!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- Top Tier Showdown (Top Pick Announced)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › IBasso Audio IT03 27 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 30 seconds ago
- › Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread 50 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › 【BLUE】919958802839 LoVe mArRiAgE SpEcIaLiSt bAbA ji Muscat London 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › 【BLUE】91=--9958802839 LoVe mArRiAgE SpEcIaLiSt bAbA ji Bahrain 4 minutes ago
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear