Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two subwoofers...straight to the head.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two subwoofers...straight to the head. - Page 56

post #826 of 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by ati832 View Post

alright guys is there any headphone out there that has more midbass, i.e impact punchy bass than the pro700mk2's as this thing is a beast.

 

For punchy midbass I doubt there's much more than Sony XB800/900 and V-Moda LP2. Even the LP2 had slightly greater midbass punch than XB500 which are no slouch there either, far from it. :p At least I've never experienced especially drums hitting with such "hammer-like" experience like on LP2. The Sony XB800's pads hurt the bass impact a little bit, would be better if it was circumaural, then it would provide a more "skin-tickling" impact but the quantity is definitely maybe more than LP2 but LP2 you maybe feel it better in comparison.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 7/9/13 at 10:24pm
post #827 of 865
How would you say these are as compared to beats solo hd? I bought beats solo and have not opened the package yet...
post #828 of 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdabomb27 View Post

How would you say these are as compared to beats solo hd? I bought beats solo and have not opened the package yet...

 

No comparison. These actually produce the whole sound spectrum - yes it's coloured and dark sounding, but with some EQ you can make them sound hi-fi, better than the M50. Beats are all upper bass and lower mids, and not much else.
post #829 of 865

Against the Sony XB500, would the Audio Technica PRO700MK2 be a upgrade if i am looking for more bass?

post #830 of 865

Not sure if it will be more bass per se as I haven't heard the XB500 in a long time, but better quality bass for sure.

post #831 of 865

Against the Sony XB500, does the pro700mk2 have more bass?

post #832 of 865
Out of the box unamped no.

But with eq the pro700mk2's can be brought up to xb500 bass levels without damaging the other frequencies to much. The quality of the bass is also far beyond the xb500's
Edited by Dutchi MerenGue - 7/30/13 at 11:58am
post #833 of 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchi MerenGue View Post

Out of the box unamped no.

But with eq the pro700mk2's can be brought up to xb500 bass levels without damaging the other frequencies to much. The quality of the bass is also far beyond the xb500's


Yeah the bass on the XB500 is very muddy.

post #834 of 865

COPs VS Pro700mk2 ?

 

 

I want to buy the COP because of the high quality and the its fun sound, but I'm still considering the V-Moda LP2 and the Pro700mk2? (especially the pro700)

 

  any advice 

post #835 of 865

Guys

 

I just acquired the pro700mk2 and required a 10ft straight cable. Does anyone know where I could get a decent after market one?

 

Thanks!

post #836 of 865

Any standard 3.5mm cable would work, as long as the plug is thin enough to fit inside the recessed jack.

post #837 of 865

You could also buy a cable extension. 

post #838 of 865

After reading this review I ordered me a pair.

Just received them, and I'm not impressed at all.

The only other "decent" pair of headphones I have are the Koss Porta Pro's, and they sound 3 times better then these.

Also compared to my Porta Pro's there's almost no bass in these, are the Porta Pro's like super bassy and am I just used to very heavy bass ?

I've tried hooking them up to my receiver, makes no difference, a little bass boost and everything sounds distorted.

Could I have received a bad pair, or do I have wrong expectations ?

post #839 of 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceArcher View Post
 

After reading this review I ordered me a pair.

Just received them, and I'm not impressed at all.

The only other "decent" pair of headphones I have are the Koss Porta Pro's, and they sound 3 times better then these.

Also compared to my Porta Pro's there's almost no bass in these, are the Porta Pro's like super bassy and am I just used to very heavy bass ?

I've tried hooking them up to my receiver, makes no difference, a little bass boost and everything sounds distorted.

Could I have received a bad pair, or do I have wrong expectations ?

 

Since you called the Portapro "super bassy" than that means you're not a basshead. No basshead would call the portapro bass heavy, only non-basshead call the portapro bass heavy. 

My guess is the signature is too dark for you, maybe something like the HD25-1 II is closer to your preference.

 

I've been telling everyone who was interested in buying this headphone, you need to amp it and boost the bass to get that big bass talked about in this thread.


Edited by RoMee - 9/26/13 at 10:56am
post #840 of 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceArcher View Post
 

After reading this review I ordered me a pair.

Just received them, and I'm not impressed at all.

The only other "decent" pair of headphones I have are the Koss Porta Pro's, and they sound 3 times better then these.

Also compared to my Porta Pro's there's almost no bass in these, are the Porta Pro's like super bassy and am I just used to very heavy bass ?

I've tried hooking them up to my receiver, makes no difference, a little bass boost and everything sounds distorted.

Could I have received a bad pair, or do I have wrong expectations ?

 

I think something is wrong with one of the headphones. Porta Pro's should not have more bass sthan the Pro700.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two subwoofers...straight to the head.