Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two subwoofers...straight to the head.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two subwoofers...straight to the head. - Page 53

post #781 of 877

Ok, because I was reading some things about some of the headphones I posted and some people said some of those had bass that would blur your vision.

But out of those which would you say would be the bass heaviest?

post #782 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmonkey15 View Post

Ok, because I was reading some things about some of the headphones I posted and some people said some of those had bass that would blur your vision.

But out of those which would you say would be the bass heaviest?


i had  the  pro700mk2  (sold them)  and i have now the xb500 and i would say  the xb500 has more bass .  with out amping

post #783 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmonkey15 View Post

Ok, because I was reading some things about some of the headphones I posted and some people said some of those had bass that would blur your vision.

But out of those which would you say would be the bass heaviest?

Q40 and Pro700MK2 have the most, but both require amping to get that bass. Q40s if you want more neutral highs, PRO700MK2 if you want more recessed highs.

post #784 of 877

So is that all there is? I want something more than the XB500s but of course not so much where all you hear is distorted farting. I don't really want to spend more than 200$ and I am willing to buy a portable amp.

post #785 of 877

I think so. 
V-Moda Crossfade LPs and LP2s have as much bass as the XB500 FWIR, but nothing has more. If you want more, buy a ZO2 and try pairing it with the XB500.

Or get speakers. 

post #786 of 877

Anyone else? :D

Thanks for the help.

Do you know anything about the Fiio E11?

Hows the bass

post #787 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmonkey15 View Post

Anyone else? :D

Thanks for the help.

Do you know anything about the Fiio E11?

Hows the bass


theres always  the sony xb1000  but you need a really good amp for the best sound

post #788 of 877

The XB1000s however do not have more bass QUANITITY than the XB500. They have better quality though.

post #789 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakhar View Post

The XB1000s however do not have more bass QUANITITY than the XB500. They have better quality though.

I agree, as a previous owner of the XB1000s they dont have as much bass (and sounded kinda bright and peaky to my ears).

post #790 of 877

So you would recommend the ZO2? I have heard mixed things about it and some pe9those are my top picks people saying it only works for IEMs blah blah blah. So you would recommend it for the Xb500's, Pro700Mk2's, the M50's, or the Denon D1100? (Considering those are my top picks at the moment along with maybe a Fiio E11) 

 

post #791 of 877

Ok after a bunch of review watching I think I'm gonna get a ZO2 but I'm still unsure what headphones would give me the best bass and overall sound. I am basically torn between the PRO700MK2's and the M50's.

post #792 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmonkey15 View Post

Ok after a bunch of review watching I think I'm gonna get a ZO2 but I'm still unsure what headphones would give me the best bass and overall sound. I am basically torn between the PRO700MK2's and the M50's.


http://www.head-fi.org/t/573826/the-basshead-club

post #793 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmonkey15 View Post

Ok after a bunch of review watching I think I'm gonna get a ZO2 but I'm still unsure what headphones would give me the best bass and overall sound. I am basically torn between the PRO700MK2's and the M50's.

The M50 is not a basshead can. It's very light on bass. You will not get the "crazyyyy bass heavy like skull shaking" bass you're looking for in the M50, even with help from the ZO2.


Edited by RoMee - 12/31/12 at 10:43am
post #794 of 877
For a basshead the choice is easy. 700MK2 is much bassier.
post #795 of 877

Would the ZO2 paired with the XB500s give me a similar bass experience compared to the PRO700MK2's? Because if so I would get the M50's for regular listening and use the XB500's with the ZO2 when I want some skull shaking. (I already own the XB500's)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two subwoofers...straight to the head.