Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two subwoofers...straight to the head.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two subwoofers...straight to the head. - Page 44

post #646 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

 

TBH. no headphones have produced brainshaking bass response without amp (or EQing / bass boost) in my experience. :P Only audiophiles used to no bass boost may think otherwise perhaps. ^^

 

Now I'm obviously speaking at low / reasonable 24/7 listening volumes, of course you could crank the volume but by then the mids & highs will seriously damage your hearing too. Since I don't like listening overly loud I need quite a big bass boost to feel satisfied at the lower volumes.

yeah , but I mean there are a good number of headphones with moderate to loud listening levels that can do that. The lp/lp2, XB500, Beat Studios,and Beat Solos.

post #647 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakiDabeast View Post

yeah , but I mean there are a good number of headphones with moderate to loud listening levels that can do that. The lp/lp2, XB500, Beat Studios,and Beat Solos.

 

Tbh, I don't really think the Studios/Solos are extremely bassy headphones. Out of the box, I think the bass response of the PRO700MK2 trumps them in punch and clarity. Quantity is also about on par, but the Solos especially are quite a mess. Their bass isn't just of the one-note variety, but very muddy.

 

The LP2 is moderately better in clarity, but is bassier in quantity. Plus, its build quality puts the Beats Studios/Solos to shame. For any basshead who's looking at the Studios/Solos, just turn to LP2. You get a much better overall package, without sacrificing on bass quantity.

post #648 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post

 

Tbh, I don't really think the Studios/Solos are extremely bassy headphones. Out of the box, I think the bass response of the PRO700MK2 trumps them in punch and clarity. Quantity is also about on par, but the Solos especially are quite a mess. Their bass isn't just of the one-note variety, but very muddy.

 

The LP2 is moderately better in clarity, but is bassier in quantity. Plus, its build quality puts the Beats Studios/Solos to shame. For any basshead who's looking at the Studios/Solos, just turn to LP2. You get a much better overall package, without sacrificing on bass quantity.

oh yeah, haha I agree ^^. I was just mentioning them because of the bass's impact . I do actually plan on getting the lp2 sometime though. 

post #649 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakiDabeast View Post

oh yeah, haha I agree ^^. I was just mentioning them because of the bass's impact . I do actually plan on getting the lp2 sometime though. 

 

If you love lots of bass, I'm sure you'll like the LP2s. Plus, they look awesome on your head. ;)

post #650 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post

 

If you love lots of bass, I'm sure you'll like the LP2s. Plus, they look awesome on your head. ;)

haha yeah considering getting those.. depends on what I hear from the M-100s ^^

post #651 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakiDabeast View Post

haha yeah considering getting those.. depends on what I hear from the M-100s ^^

 

The M-100s seem to be heavily hyped here on Head-Fi. I really hope they live up to the high expectations, but I fear it may just turn out to be a bigger M-80. Not that it's going to be bad if it turned out to be like that.. it's just that I really want a solid performer like the M-80s with about 2/3s of the bass impact of the LP2s. That would be a winner, IMO.

post #652 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post

 

The M-100s seem to be heavily hyped here on Head-Fi. I really hope they live up to the high expectations, but I fear it may just turn out to be a bigger M-80. Not that it's going to be bad if it turned out to be like that.. it's just that I really want a solid performer like the M-80s with about 2/3s of the bass impact of the LP2s. That would be a winner, IMO.

oh yes, maybe not for the general head fi population, but I agree for me that would be a winner ^^

post #653 of 877

For those of you who have tried the sony xb700 pads on the pro700mk2, how to you attach them? Remove the plastic ring and double sided tape them onto the pro700mk2?

post #654 of 877
Do the dt770 velours fit on these?
post #655 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakhar View Post

Do the dt770 velours fit on these?

Bump. Also can someone take a picture of these worn?
post #656 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakhar View Post

Do the dt770 velours fit on these?

you dont want those...you want these

 

 

 

 

700

 

700

 

1000

:)

 

and thats with crazy loose clamping force after i stretched out the headband and it conforms around my finger with no effort, BEYERDYNAMIC BLACK GEL PADS

post #657 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchi MerenGue View Post

1000

:)

 

and thats with crazy loose clamping force after i stretched out the headband and it conforms around my finger with no effort, BEYERDYNAMIC BLACK GEL PADS

I don't see any tape holding those gel pads in place, did you glue them or do they just fit right?

post #658 of 877

I guess I'll take some more pics of my baby tongue.gif

The pics are 5-6MB each, Justin Case someone has slow interwebz.

700

700

700

700

Dutchie MerenGue: Mine are looser than yours, if you know what I mean wink_face.gif

How do those swans sound? I was researching some 2.1 systems and reviewers said those are great little speakers.


Edited by Trae - 8/12/12 at 6:50pm
post #659 of 877
No Hello Kitty tape= less swag biggrin.gif
post #660 of 877

Does the headphones become a lot brighter with those pads as there's no foam covering the driver housing? The reason I haven't concidered picking them up is due to recessed highs as I get the best result if no EQ is needed and sounds balanced the way I want it out of box like the Q40 due to using my custom foobar2000 dolby headphone config it sounds best when used with WASAPI and WASAPI = no EQing possible on the soundcard. Perhaps it would be best to pick up an analog 31-band hardware EQ so the choice of headphones will be much easier as the balance wouldn't have to be perfect out of box! tongue_smile.gif


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 8/13/12 at 2:26am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two subwoofers...straight to the head.