I have $200 to spend on IEM's and I mostly listen to Rock, Metal, and industrial, so wondering which IEM would you guys recommend?? Thanks :)
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 5/13/11
- productHiFiMAN RE252tagged by System, 5/13/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/13/11
- productRadius HP TWF 11rtagged by System, 5/13/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/13/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Fischer DBA-02 or Klipsch image x10 (please help!) Last post on 4/1/11 at 7:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Earphones in SQ and Accesories under $300? Last post on 2/15/11 at 11:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Earphones Last post on 1/30/11 at 1:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEMs for ~200? Last post on 1/22/11 at 6:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- BA vs. Dynamic drivers: A discussion Last post on 1/18/14 at 4:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 12/16/10
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Alright, these are the most confusing set of cans I've ever owned. Why are they so cheap? It doesn't make any sense. Right out of the gate, these are the most comfortable set of headphones...
These are easily my favorite headphones I own. My review will be assuming you have Shure 1540 pads, but I'll go over some other options as well. Lets get the big negative out of the way now....
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
Best IEM for $200 or under??
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 65/11/11 at 7:14pm
Depends on what you are looking for.
Are you looking for analytical sound or a warmer, "funner" sound?
I currently own the Shure SE215 and I like them a lot. They aren't the most balanced IEM's but they are fun to listen to.
Bass is tight and strong, not as strong as the Turbines which I found to be too bloated.
Mids are present and good sounding.
Highs are laid back, no sibilance.
Comfortability wise they are good, I am not used to having anything stuffed in my ear canals but these aren't so bad. There were a few more comfortable options but the cons were greater than their pros.post #3 of 65/11/11 at 7:14pm
There quite a few out there available.
But it would help if you specify what are your preferences?
I can suggest Radius DDM as best value Dynamic Dual driver on the market,
anther famous one for under 200$ is DBA-02,
Monster turbines among others..post #4 of 65/11/11 at 7:49pmpost #5 of 65/11/11 at 9:46pmThread Starterpost #6 of 65/11/11 at 10:19pm
Actually I just ordered TF10 from Amazon too, I have Radius DDM and wanted to try something else. Although there is potential issue on the cabling (can be solved by investing in better replacement cable), I am willing to try it out (it's pretty cheap for 3 BA drivers IEM). Not to mention that I can easily re-shell this in future if I really want to :)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $200 or under??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Needing new headphones but on a budget 1 minute ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Oriolus Hybrid IEM 8 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread 10 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 11 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 11 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...