I have $200 to spend on IEM's and I mostly listen to Rock, Metal, and industrial, so wondering which IEM would you guys recommend?? Thanks :)
Related Forum Threads
- Fischer DBA-02 or Klipsch image x10 (please help!) Last post on 4/1/11 at 7:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Earphones in SQ and Accesories under $300? Last post on 2/15/11 at 11:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Earphones Last post on 1/30/11 at 1:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEMs for ~200? Last post on 1/22/11 at 6:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- BA vs. Dynamic drivers: A discussion Last post on 5/28/12 at 2:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Edited on 12/16/10
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationEdited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Introduction In the past 2 years VentureCraft has been successfully creating amps and DAC/Amp packaged components with their GD-03, Go-DAP 4.0 for iPhone 4(s), and Go-DAP X for their...
A friend of mine needed a new headphone, which was cheap, closed and good sounding. I said to him, dream on friend it will be very tough to find a headphone with those criteria. But then after...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the K550. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The AKG K550...
Best IEM for $200 or under??
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 65/11/11 at 7:14pm
Depends on what you are looking for.
Are you looking for analytical sound or a warmer, "funner" sound?
I currently own the Shure SE215 and I like them a lot. They aren't the most balanced IEM's but they are fun to listen to.
Bass is tight and strong, not as strong as the Turbines which I found to be too bloated.
Mids are present and good sounding.
Highs are laid back, no sibilance.
Comfortability wise they are good, I am not used to having anything stuffed in my ear canals but these aren't so bad. There were a few more comfortable options but the cons were greater than their pros.post #3 of 65/11/11 at 7:14pm
There quite a few out there available.
But it would help if you specify what are your preferences?
I can suggest Radius DDM as best value Dynamic Dual driver on the market,
anther famous one for under 200$ is DBA-02,
Monster turbines among others..post #4 of 65/11/11 at 7:49pmpost #5 of 65/11/11 at 9:46pmThread Starterpost #6 of 65/11/11 at 10:19pm
Actually I just ordered TF10 from Amazon too, I have Radius DDM and wanted to try something else. Although there is potential issue on the cabling (can be solved by investing in better replacement cable), I am willing to try it out (it's pretty cheap for 3 BA drivers IEM). Not to mention that I can easily re-shell this in future if I really want to :)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $200 or under??
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › [Review] Toxic cable Black Widow - LCD2 & Mjolnir 6 seconds ago
- › Why the Sennheiser HD598s are considered the best headphones in the... 15 seconds ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 23 seconds ago
- › The Basshead Club 43 seconds ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 44 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 Hybrid IEM (Stealth) 54 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X 1 minute ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 1 minute ago
- › Little dot mk3 settings for both hd650 and d2000 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-4SL by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by a_recording
- › Aune T1 by teb1013
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe