I have $200 to spend on IEM's and I mostly listen to Rock, Metal, and industrial, so wondering which IEM would you guys recommend?? Thanks :)
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 5/13/11
- productHiFiMAN RE252tagged by System, 5/13/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/13/11
- productRadius HP TWF 11rtagged by System, 5/13/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/13/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Fischer DBA-02 or Klipsch image x10 (please help!) Last post on 4/1/11 at 7:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Earphones in SQ and Accesories under $300? Last post on 2/15/11 at 11:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Earphones Last post on 1/30/11 at 1:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEMs for ~200? Last post on 1/22/11 at 6:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- BA vs. Dynamic drivers: A discussion Last post on 1/18/14 at 4:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 12/16/10
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I would like to thank Creative Singapore for the loan of Creative Aurvana Live 2 demo sample! http://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-live2 Launched in 2013,...
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
Best IEM for $200 or under??
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 65/11/11 at 7:14pm
Depends on what you are looking for.
Are you looking for analytical sound or a warmer, "funner" sound?
I currently own the Shure SE215 and I like them a lot. They aren't the most balanced IEM's but they are fun to listen to.
Bass is tight and strong, not as strong as the Turbines which I found to be too bloated.
Mids are present and good sounding.
Highs are laid back, no sibilance.
Comfortability wise they are good, I am not used to having anything stuffed in my ear canals but these aren't so bad. There were a few more comfortable options but the cons were greater than their pros.post #3 of 65/11/11 at 7:14pm
There quite a few out there available.
But it would help if you specify what are your preferences?
I can suggest Radius DDM as best value Dynamic Dual driver on the market,
anther famous one for under 200$ is DBA-02,
Monster turbines among others..post #4 of 65/11/11 at 7:49pmpost #5 of 65/11/11 at 9:46pmThread Starterpost #6 of 65/11/11 at 10:19pm
Actually I just ordered TF10 from Amazon too, I have Radius DDM and wanted to try something else. Although there is potential issue on the cabling (can be solved by investing in better replacement cable), I am willing to try it out (it's pretty cheap for 3 BA drivers IEM). Not to mention that I can easily re-shell this in future if I really want to :)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $200 or under??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Philips SHE3905: New and even better than 3585/3595 2 seconds ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 16 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Sony XBA-300 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by earfonia
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2