I have $200 to spend on IEM's and I mostly listen to Rock, Metal, and industrial, so wondering which IEM would you guys recommend?? Thanks :)
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 5/13/11
- productHiFiMAN RE252tagged by System, 5/13/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/13/11
- productRadius HP TWF 11rtagged by System, 5/13/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/13/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Fischer DBA-02 or Klipsch image x10 (please help!) Last post on 4/1/11 at 7:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Earphones in SQ and Accesories under $300? Last post on 2/15/11 at 11:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Earphones Last post on 1/30/11 at 1:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEMs for ~200? Last post on 1/22/11 at 6:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- BA vs. Dynamic drivers: A discussion Last post on 1/18/14 at 4:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 12/16/10
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/770243/soundmagic-e50-e50s-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A middy...
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
Best IEM for $200 or under??
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 65/11/11 at 7:14pm
Depends on what you are looking for.
Are you looking for analytical sound or a warmer, "funner" sound?
I currently own the Shure SE215 and I like them a lot. They aren't the most balanced IEM's but they are fun to listen to.
Bass is tight and strong, not as strong as the Turbines which I found to be too bloated.
Mids are present and good sounding.
Highs are laid back, no sibilance.
Comfortability wise they are good, I am not used to having anything stuffed in my ear canals but these aren't so bad. There were a few more comfortable options but the cons were greater than their pros.post #3 of 65/11/11 at 7:14pm
There quite a few out there available.
But it would help if you specify what are your preferences?
I can suggest Radius DDM as best value Dynamic Dual driver on the market,
anther famous one for under 200$ is DBA-02,
Monster turbines among others..post #4 of 65/11/11 at 7:49pmpost #5 of 65/11/11 at 9:46pmThread Starterpost #6 of 65/11/11 at 10:19pm
Actually I just ordered TF10 from Amazon too, I have Radius DDM and wanted to try something else. Although there is potential issue on the cabling (can be solved by investing in better replacement cable), I am willing to try it out (it's pretty cheap for 3 BA drivers IEM). Not to mention that I can easily re-shell this in future if I really want to :)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $200 or under??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 1 minute ago
- › PS4 Gaming without virtual surround sound? 1 minute ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 1 minute ago
- › Cypher Labs new product : Vacuum tube Headphone Amplifier PRAUTES 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 4 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 5 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Oldest headphones you currently own and use. 6 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2