I have $200 to spend on IEM's and I mostly listen to Rock, Metal, and industrial, so wondering which IEM would you guys recommend?? Thanks :)
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 5/13/11
- productHiFiMAN RE252tagged by System, 5/13/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/13/11
- productRadius HP TWF 11rtagged by System, 5/13/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/13/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Fischer DBA-02 or Klipsch image x10 (please help!) Last post on 4/1/11 at 7:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Earphones in SQ and Accesories under $300? Last post on 2/15/11 at 11:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Earphones Last post on 1/30/11 at 1:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEMs for ~200? Last post on 1/22/11 at 6:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- BA vs. Dynamic drivers: A discussion Last post on 1/18/14 at 4:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 12/16/10
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
Best IEM for $200 or under??
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 65/11/11 at 7:14pm
Depends on what you are looking for.
Are you looking for analytical sound or a warmer, "funner" sound?
I currently own the Shure SE215 and I like them a lot. They aren't the most balanced IEM's but they are fun to listen to.
Bass is tight and strong, not as strong as the Turbines which I found to be too bloated.
Mids are present and good sounding.
Highs are laid back, no sibilance.
Comfortability wise they are good, I am not used to having anything stuffed in my ear canals but these aren't so bad. There were a few more comfortable options but the cons were greater than their pros.post #3 of 65/11/11 at 7:14pm
There quite a few out there available.
But it would help if you specify what are your preferences?
I can suggest Radius DDM as best value Dynamic Dual driver on the market,
anther famous one for under 200$ is DBA-02,
Monster turbines among others..post #4 of 65/11/11 at 7:49pmpost #5 of 65/11/11 at 9:46pmThread Starterpost #6 of 65/11/11 at 10:19pm
Actually I just ordered TF10 from Amazon too, I have Radius DDM and wanted to try something else. Although there is potential issue on the cabling (can be solved by investing in better replacement cable), I am willing to try it out (it's pretty cheap for 3 BA drivers IEM). Not to mention that I can easily re-shell this in future if I really want to :)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $200 or under??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 4 seconds ago
- › HI fi is so damn addictive ! 15 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 58 seconds ago
- › Review: SoundMAGIC HP200 - An Excellent Open Back Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Perfect VLC EQ Settings 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Roxanne custom 3 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)