I just contacted audio technica. They informed me that no static should take place regardless of the source. If there is static its because a connector issue is taking place. Since I was having distortion with my iphone, my pc, and my cd player they said it is most probably an issue with the headphones themselves and that I should return them or send them to audio technica for service.
Related Forum Threads
- ATH M50: Questions Before I Buy Last post on 1/9/12 at 6:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 - A small problem in left-right balance. Please help? Last post on 2/13/15 at 9:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Buying Decision... M50/HD598/SRH-940/HTF600/AE2 Desperately seeking help Last post on 1/11/13 at 7:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- ath m50 for 230 dollars ,worth it? Last post on 11/10/11 at 1:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Refurbished ATH M50 Last post on 10/18/11 at 11:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Do I have a faulty/fake pair of m50 or is this ok? - Page 2post #16 of 235/12/11 at 6:04amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 235/12/11 at 6:21ampost #18 of 235/12/11 at 6:57amThread Starter
Well the connector problem can either be from the source or the output but its at the connector level. So its possible that its just the e3 causing it. I have similar issue with E5 as well. however, I had a problem with these headphones with my CD player, my pc, my shuffle, my iphone...I cant imagine ALL of them being source problems (though its possible).post #19 of 235/12/11 at 7:47am
Wait, you said at first you didn't have the static problem on your iPod, but with your computer. Now you're saying you have it regardless?
And you didn't answer my question, do you have any of your frequency bars raised on an EQ in your iTunes?post #20 of 235/12/11 at 8:21am
Most sources produce a background hissing noise when you crank up the volume, even the expensive ones. Onboard sound is especially notorious for that as all sorts of interference from other pc components get's in the way. Some low-end amplifiers always add a constant hissing noise at any listening level (like fiio e5).
Your M50s are faithfully reproducing what is given to them, nothing wrong with that. However you should not be hearing this noise at safe listening levels, if you are, then might have a problem somewhere in the source - amp - phones chain.post #21 of 235/12/11 at 9:13amThread Starter
Yeah I had not spent enough time with the ipod to recognize the static. but its there. Its a lot less than the pc, but its there.
Sorry about the eq-the eq were originally higher, but since you mentioned it I had brought it down to flat. I still get static. I also notice static with my shuffle.post #22 of 235/12/11 at 9:15amThread Starter
also, the static is present at normal volume-not even at high. what irritates me is that I never had this problem with the image s4-even when I had the preamp and eq at the highest levels possible. I always do this to mess with the sound and see what the speakers/phones can handle. I was surprised when the m50s started to hiss and have static. They have it at normal volume too.post #23 of 235/12/11 at 9:30am
Maybe it's your source files? See if you get static with a clean file-- courtesy of a fellow head-fier and his own little binaural mixes.
Watch in 720p.
- Do I have a faulty/fake pair of m50 or is this ok?
- Headphone Impedance
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › get klonopin!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Popular Classical Music 6 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 9 minutes ago
- › All right, now I'm in Head-Fi.org. 13 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S7 - Best next audiophile phone? 13 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 15 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 16 minutes ago
- › Comparison: Noble K10 vs Rhapsodio Solar (and Onkyo DP-X1 vs Chord... 16 minutes ago
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...