I just contacted audio technica. They informed me that no static should take place regardless of the source. If there is static its because a connector issue is taking place. Since I was having distortion with my iphone, my pc, and my cd player they said it is most probably an issue with the headphones themselves and that I should return them or send them to audio technica for service.
Related Forum Threads
- ATH M50: Questions Before I Buy Last post on 1/9/12 at 6:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 - A small problem in left-right balance. Please help? Last post on 2/13/15 at 9:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Buying Decision... M50/HD598/SRH-940/HTF600/AE2 Desperately seeking help Last post on 1/11/13 at 7:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- ath m50 for 230 dollars ,worth it? Last post on 11/10/11 at 1:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Refurbished ATH M50 Last post on 10/18/11 at 11:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
Do I have a faulty/fake pair of m50 or is this ok? - Page 2post #16 of 235/12/11 at 6:04amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 235/12/11 at 6:21ampost #18 of 235/12/11 at 6:57amThread Starter
Well the connector problem can either be from the source or the output but its at the connector level. So its possible that its just the e3 causing it. I have similar issue with E5 as well. however, I had a problem with these headphones with my CD player, my pc, my shuffle, my iphone...I cant imagine ALL of them being source problems (though its possible).post #19 of 235/12/11 at 7:47am
Wait, you said at first you didn't have the static problem on your iPod, but with your computer. Now you're saying you have it regardless?
And you didn't answer my question, do you have any of your frequency bars raised on an EQ in your iTunes?post #20 of 235/12/11 at 8:21am
Most sources produce a background hissing noise when you crank up the volume, even the expensive ones. Onboard sound is especially notorious for that as all sorts of interference from other pc components get's in the way. Some low-end amplifiers always add a constant hissing noise at any listening level (like fiio e5).
Your M50s are faithfully reproducing what is given to them, nothing wrong with that. However you should not be hearing this noise at safe listening levels, if you are, then might have a problem somewhere in the source - amp - phones chain.post #21 of 235/12/11 at 9:13amThread Starter
Yeah I had not spent enough time with the ipod to recognize the static. but its there. Its a lot less than the pc, but its there.
Sorry about the eq-the eq were originally higher, but since you mentioned it I had brought it down to flat. I still get static. I also notice static with my shuffle.post #22 of 235/12/11 at 9:15amThread Starter
also, the static is present at normal volume-not even at high. what irritates me is that I never had this problem with the image s4-even when I had the preamp and eq at the highest levels possible. I always do this to mess with the sound and see what the speakers/phones can handle. I was surprised when the m50s started to hiss and have static. They have it at normal volume too.post #23 of 235/12/11 at 9:30am
Maybe it's your source files? See if you get static with a clean file-- courtesy of a fellow head-fier and his own little binaural mixes.
Watch in 720p.
- Do I have a faulty/fake pair of m50 or is this ok?
- Headphone Impedance
- › Did I just ruin the tube? *PICS* 11 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 15 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 16 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 18 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › Have you ever heard sound coming from the front with headphones. 3 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2