I just contacted audio technica. They informed me that no static should take place regardless of the source. If there is static its because a connector issue is taking place. Since I was having distortion with my iphone, my pc, and my cd player they said it is most probably an issue with the headphones themselves and that I should return them or send them to audio technica for service.
Related Forum Threads
- ATH M50: Questions Before I Buy Last post on 1/9/12 at 6:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 - A small problem in left-right balance. Please help? Last post on 3/18/14 at 11:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Buying Decision... M50/HD598/SRH-940/HTF600/AE2 Desperately seeking help Last post on 1/11/13 at 7:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- ath m50 for 230 dollars ,worth it? Last post on 11/10/11 at 1:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Refurbished ATH M50 Last post on 10/18/11 at 11:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
Do I have a faulty/fake pair of m50 or is this ok? - Page 2post #16 of 235/12/11 at 6:04amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 235/12/11 at 6:21ampost #18 of 235/12/11 at 6:57amThread Starter
Well the connector problem can either be from the source or the output but its at the connector level. So its possible that its just the e3 causing it. I have similar issue with E5 as well. however, I had a problem with these headphones with my CD player, my pc, my shuffle, my iphone...I cant imagine ALL of them being source problems (though its possible).post #19 of 235/12/11 at 7:47am
Wait, you said at first you didn't have the static problem on your iPod, but with your computer. Now you're saying you have it regardless?
And you didn't answer my question, do you have any of your frequency bars raised on an EQ in your iTunes?post #20 of 235/12/11 at 8:21am
Most sources produce a background hissing noise when you crank up the volume, even the expensive ones. Onboard sound is especially notorious for that as all sorts of interference from other pc components get's in the way. Some low-end amplifiers always add a constant hissing noise at any listening level (like fiio e5).
Your M50s are faithfully reproducing what is given to them, nothing wrong with that. However you should not be hearing this noise at safe listening levels, if you are, then might have a problem somewhere in the source - amp - phones chain.post #21 of 235/12/11 at 9:13amThread Starter
Yeah I had not spent enough time with the ipod to recognize the static. but its there. Its a lot less than the pc, but its there.
Sorry about the eq-the eq were originally higher, but since you mentioned it I had brought it down to flat. I still get static. I also notice static with my shuffle.post #22 of 235/12/11 at 9:15amThread Starter
also, the static is present at normal volume-not even at high. what irritates me is that I never had this problem with the image s4-even when I had the preamp and eq at the highest levels possible. I always do this to mess with the sound and see what the speakers/phones can handle. I was surprised when the m50s started to hiss and have static. They have it at normal volume too.post #23 of 235/12/11 at 9:30am
Maybe it's your source files? See if you get static with a clean file-- courtesy of a fellow head-fier and his own little binaural mixes.
Watch in 720p.
- Do I have a faulty/fake pair of m50 or is this ok?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Incredible I feel! MDR V55 12 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 21 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 48 seconds ago
- › Birthday present for me!! Budget 600$ Headphone/amp/dac setup for... 1 minute ago
- › Moon Audio Ambassadors Program! 1 minute ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 2 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 4 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 5 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)