I just contacted audio technica. They informed me that no static should take place regardless of the source. If there is static its because a connector issue is taking place. Since I was having distortion with my iphone, my pc, and my cd player they said it is most probably an issue with the headphones themselves and that I should return them or send them to audio technica for service.
Related Forum Threads
- ATH M50: Questions Before I Buy Last post on 1/9/12 at 6:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 - A small problem in left-right balance. Please help? Last post on 3/18/14 at 11:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Buying Decision... M50/HD598/SRH-940/HTF600/AE2 Desperately seeking help Last post on 1/11/13 at 7:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- ath m50 for 230 dollars ,worth it? Last post on 11/10/11 at 1:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Refurbished ATH M50 Last post on 10/18/11 at 11:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Do I have a faulty/fake pair of m50 or is this ok? - Page 2post #16 of 235/12/11 at 6:04amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 235/12/11 at 6:21ampost #18 of 235/12/11 at 6:57amThread Starter
Well the connector problem can either be from the source or the output but its at the connector level. So its possible that its just the e3 causing it. I have similar issue with E5 as well. however, I had a problem with these headphones with my CD player, my pc, my shuffle, my iphone...I cant imagine ALL of them being source problems (though its possible).post #19 of 235/12/11 at 7:47am
Wait, you said at first you didn't have the static problem on your iPod, but with your computer. Now you're saying you have it regardless?
And you didn't answer my question, do you have any of your frequency bars raised on an EQ in your iTunes?post #20 of 235/12/11 at 8:21am
Most sources produce a background hissing noise when you crank up the volume, even the expensive ones. Onboard sound is especially notorious for that as all sorts of interference from other pc components get's in the way. Some low-end amplifiers always add a constant hissing noise at any listening level (like fiio e5).
Your M50s are faithfully reproducing what is given to them, nothing wrong with that. However you should not be hearing this noise at safe listening levels, if you are, then might have a problem somewhere in the source - amp - phones chain.post #21 of 235/12/11 at 9:13amThread Starter
Yeah I had not spent enough time with the ipod to recognize the static. but its there. Its a lot less than the pc, but its there.
Sorry about the eq-the eq were originally higher, but since you mentioned it I had brought it down to flat. I still get static. I also notice static with my shuffle.post #22 of 235/12/11 at 9:15amThread Starter
also, the static is present at normal volume-not even at high. what irritates me is that I never had this problem with the image s4-even when I had the preamp and eq at the highest levels possible. I always do this to mess with the sound and see what the speakers/phones can handle. I was surprised when the m50s started to hiss and have static. They have it at normal volume too.post #23 of 235/12/11 at 9:30am
Maybe it's your source files? See if you get static with a clean file-- courtesy of a fellow head-fier and his own little binaural mixes.
Watch in 720p.
- Do I have a faulty/fake pair of m50 or is this ok?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 14 seconds ago
- › Comparison / Review : Beyerdynamic’s Siblings – The Classic DT880... 38 seconds ago
- › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impression and... 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 2 minutes ago
- › What amp to get for the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pros? 4 minutes ago
- › My friend's wife yelled at me. 4 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)